Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    The AAV of this is great.  It's gonna hurt at the end, but helps out the luxury tax.
    This is all I care about. Having Bryce Harper at $25M/year for luxury tax purposes? Plenty of room to stay aggressive.
    We'll be 50ish and our daughters will be pushing high school when this ends.  Incredible.

I don't hate the deal by any stretch.  I mean they are going to fucking hate each other at the end, but the $25ml AAV is as good as it gets.
    Basically, the Comcast/NBCSN RSN deal is in place to pay Bryce Harper before they even do anything else.

Everything hurts now, I can't imagine 50. I will also take this Harper Time to announce that I might have multiple daughters to be worrying about...
    AHHH FUCK!  Congrats, brother.  How have our daugthers not met yet when we live a mile from each other?!  Congrats though.  All the best to you and the bride.
    Haha, we'll make the loooong slog of a trek down to Dickinson Square and let you know.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    The AAV of this is great.  It's gonna hurt at the end, but helps out the luxury tax.
    This is all I care about. Having Bryce Harper at $25M/year for luxury tax purposes? Plenty of room to stay aggressive.
    We'll be 50ish and our daughters will be pushing high school when this ends.  Incredible.

I don't hate the deal by any stretch.  I mean they are going to fucking hate each other at the end, but the $25ml AAV is as good as it gets.
    Basically, the Comcast/NBCSN RSN deal is in place to pay Bryce Harper before they even do anything else.

Everything hurts now, I can't imagine 50. I will also take this Harper Time to announce that I might have multiple daughters to be worrying about...
    AHHH FUCK!  Congrats, brother.  How have our daugthers not met yet when we live a mile from each other?!  Congrats though.  All the best to you and the bride.
    Haha, we'll make the loooong slog of a trek down to Dickinson Square and let you know.
    Yessir!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    I know I need to run after saying this....but fucking a, dude was trashed while flying an experimental plane.  Sad for his family but if I did that shit I would not want people to think I was not a donut-head. 
    Hell of a pitcher.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I know I need to run after saying this....but fucking a, dude was trashed while flying an experimental plane.  Sad for his family but if I did that shit I would not want people to think I was not a donut-head. 
    Hell of a pitcher.

You are correct. What is the difference than if he was driving 120 mph in a ferrari stoned?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Hell of a pitcher.

You are correct. What is the difference than if he was driving 120 mph in a ferrari stoned?
    An experimental Ferrari

None.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516

I’ll probably be dead.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I’ll probably be dead.
    93 is a long way to live...hope you are still around, buddy!
  • Options
    I honestly can’t believe the AAV of this. The years are insane and will be a mess but that’s nuts. I predict a World Series and mvp during the deal...to the Yankees 2!
  • Options
  • Options
    What does their lineup look like now?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I know you guys have a certain someone on your mind, but the chances of that are not all that likely. Someone like bogearts would be huge and would fit perfectly 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Damn it. I was looking to scoop up that Legends 6 Game Plan tonight....appears to have sold out already.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Over/under on parades in the next decade?

2?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Over/under on parades in the next decade?

2?
    I already said 1. Winning a World Series is reeeally hard
  • Options
    He is #34, I suspect he will want and get the same number.

If Roy was still alive it would be Harper's, right?

Correct. And please, Doc was here for four seasons. Just because the guy's dead doesn't mean no one ever wears 34 again. Plus, this guy is going to get whatever he wants.

WITH THAT SAID - I think he wears 7.
    I am slowly working on my wife to name our next dog Seven....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Correct. And please, Doc was here for four seasons. Just because the guy's dead doesn't mean no one ever wears 34 again. Plus, this guy is going to get whatever he wants.

Might as well just got with Mickey mantle 
  • Options
    Damn it. I was looking to scoop up that Legends 6 Game Plan tonight....appears to have sold out already.
    I don’t know what that specifically means, but they’ll create more packages if there’s demand 
  • Options

Being able to judge people for a decade plus on if they get the reference or not is a dream I will not give up on...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Being able to judge people for a decade plus on if they get the reference or not is a dream I will not give up on...
    Seinfeld people are nerds. There, I said it 
  • Options

I will not judge you kindly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I will not judge you kindly.
    Crap!
  • Options
    I am excited for this. I am looking forward to baseball being back in this town. 

The McCutchen move is questionable at best, but everything else was rock solid. The trade hurts, but it’s a good core. Gotta sign realmuto long term.

They are gonna need pitching...
  • Options
    So....
    Hernandez
    Hoskins
    Harper
    Realmuto
    Cutch
    Segura
    Hererra
    Franco

?
    Kingery
    Williams
    Quinn
    Altherr

• Options
    If people hit like they are capable of that is a really good lineup.
    Nola Arrietta Vasquez eflin pivetta

• Options
    Honestly, Trout isn't someone I'm holding out for even in the slightest but just saying that AAV makes anything possible.

I think they should let Herrera and Williams fight over center and who ever wins out gets traded at the deadline with a prospect for a top pitcher.

Because, of course, Quinn needs to take the throne as CF....if this sonofabitch can just stay on the field!
  • Options
    Cutch
    Segura/Harper
    Harper/Segura
    Hoskins 
    Realmuto
    Herrera/Williams 
    Kingery/Franco
    Hernandez

Or 

Quinn
    Segura
    Harper
    Hoskins 
    Realmuto
    Cutch
    Kingery/Franco
    Hernandez

Good god this is fun.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I have moved from " We got Bryce Harper"  !!!!!!!!!    To now " Holy Shit, I hope we can fucking Pitch "  .  Knowing that Aaron Nola is lights out, I am a little concerned about the Zach Efflin's and the Vince Valasquez's of the rotation.  Pitching wins championships, IMO.  But I am SUPER STOKED that Bryce is in town, dont get me wrong here.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Who the fuck is Quinn? lol I haven’t watched a lot of Phillies baseball I guess...
  • Options
    CF.  Base stealer.  Good D.
    Kinda weak bat.  They hope he can be Billy Hamilton realized.

• Options
    CF.  Base stealer.  Good D.
    Kinda weak bat.  They hope he can be Billy Hamilton realized.

Billy Hamilton realized makes me laugh. I like billy Hamilton too