*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited December 2017
    I was down there Saturday. This guy behind me epitomized the classic negative Philadelphia sports fan to a t. It almost seemed like a parody. 

Literally EVERY TIME Embiid touched the ball he was talking shit. Loudly. "Don't let him dribble!" "Embiid flops!" "Don't let him shoot!" "NOOOO!" "How's a guy that big get pushed around so much!" "Get in the block!!" "He has no STAMINA!!" These can be legit complaints at times but the guy has only been playing basketball for just a few years and he's already considered a once in a generation talent. Maybe ease up a tad on the young buck?

But here's the odd part-----he heaped enormous amounts of praise on........none other than Ish fucking Smith. 

He was an older guy. I am guessing he didn't like the process and now he's grown too bitter where he can't bring himself to enjoy the fruits the process labored for him. I don't know. Dude's got issues. 

Wasn't Jo's best game.....but he still finished with what---25 and 12 and he got Drummond to fail out with a few minutes left that played a big role in us pulling ahead. 

13-9 and the schedule looks mighty tasty........Lakers pick is looking scrumptious right about now too. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I'd put my money, house, and daughter on that guy being a Trump voter and that he masturbates himself to sleep with thoughts of Frank Rizzo. What I'm saying is he's all of my next door neighbors.
    I'd put my money, house, and daughter on that guy being a Trump voter and that he masturbates himself to sleep with thoughts of Frank Rizzo. What I'm saying is he's all of my next door neighbors.
    Can see how you think that.....however this fellow more closely resembled Sonny Hill than what a Trump voter typically looks like...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Was it Ish Smith's dad?  Weird game for Ben, he didn't look to score at all.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited December 2017
    Can see how you think that.....however this fellow more closely resembled Sonny Hill than what a Trump voter typically looks like...
    I still stand by my over-generalization....

Ya ever listen to Sonny Hill on the radio at like 7am on a Saturday morning? I never know who, or what, he's talking about.

Ya ever listen to Sonny Hill on the radio at like 7am on a Saturday morning? I never know who, or what, he's talking about.
    The worst is driving down to an early Eagles game and wanting to hear a little about that....then you tune in and he's talking about a pickup basketball game he played back in 1957. It's very confusing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited December 2017
    Have had a nice little home schedule here of late
    What's up Sixers fan?
    I never hated on the Sixers. Moved here to work for them and love AI.  Not hardcore Sixers or anything, not really hardcore basketball in general, but I am good with them.  Not gonna watch them when they're terrible or anything, but want them to be good and win.  Enjoy going to the games.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

The worst is driving down to an early Eagles game and wanting to hear a little about that....then you tune in and he's talking about a pickup basketball game he played back in 1957. It's very confusing. 
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Hopefully TJ is back for the Lakers game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Bad loss last night. Especially to a bad team at Home. I know: your gonna have these games every now and then with a young team. 

Devin Booker wasn't to shabby, was he?>LOL
    Hopefully TJ is back for the Lakers game. 
    I agree, and who'd a thunk that!>He's really worked his ass off to become, more then a serviceable player, in the NBA. Gotta give him a lot of credit. Now, lets hope he can keep playing well. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    the Booker kid from Phoenix looked real good.  Hopefully they bounce back against the Lakers
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

I was just reading about how Jonah Bolden is continuing to crush it in Europe. Cannot wait to have him over here next year.

chinese-happy.jpg

I was just reading about how Jonah Bolden is continuing to crush it in Europe. Cannot wait to have him over here next year.

That's good to hear. Sixers could use a player like him(Athletic Big who can rebound & HOPEFULLY shoot, too). He has the potential to be a good piece on a good team. 
    Sixer finally traded Okafor.

Report: Sixers trade Okafor, Stauskas to Nets for Booker

William Lou 1m ago
    Andy Lyons / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The Philadelphia 76ers have traded Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas, and a 2019 second-round pick to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for Trevor Booker, according to Zach Lowe and Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

More to come.

bout time
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    TURNOVERS!!!!!!!
    Well that was frustrating. Gonna go through stretches like this as a young team I guess...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Watched the 4th quarter last night. Thought you guys were going to complete the comeback. First time I've seen the Sixers this year. Very impressed with Embiid. I hope he can stay healthy because he'll be absolutely amazing during the prime years of his career. Enjoyed watching the team play, despite a loss. Will have to try to catch them more often.
    Well that was frustrating. Gonna go through stretches like this as a young team I guess...
    yeah very frustrating.  Almost came back but that three at the end was a dagger. 

Any word on Fultz?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    oh great we play cleveland tonight
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    oh great we play cleveland tonight
    Plus, no Embiid tonight. Its' Load Management time.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    From a Melbourne newspaper site...
    Read the caption...

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    From a Melbourne newspaper site...
    Read the caption...

HAHAHA>But, I wish the 76ers won.
    edited December 2017
    This better be all that is wrong. He had back problems at Kansas:

76ers' Joel Embiid: Late scratch Sunday

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/76ers-joel-embiid-late-scratch-sunday/

76ers' Joel Embiid: Late scratch Sunday

• by RotoWire Staff
    • 6m ago • 1 min read UPDATE 6m ago

Embiid will not play in Sunday's game against the Pelicans due to back tightness, Will Guillory of The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

This comes as a huge surprise given that Embiid was a full participant in pregame warmups, so it's possible he tweaked something and the 76ers are taking precautionary measures with their star center. With Embiid out, Philly will start Amir Johnson at center, but Richaun Holmes should see the biggest boost in minutes Sunday.

back to 500 :neutral:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

With Embiid, Roco and Fultz out, yesterday's loss is no shock. They are not having a great run over the last few weeks with injury, but hopefully it is all only short term stuff. Simmons is still playing like a beast, but he almost needed to look for his own shot more often yesterday.

As an aside - how bad were the Davis/Cousins defensively on drives. For 2 big men, they were turn styles at times

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/basketball/nba/jonah-bolden-has-been-balling-in-israel-giving-76ers-fans-a-glimpse-of-what-to-expect-next-season/news-story/2bdb688a5ad175113d1c031cbb72e595?__twitter_impression=true

Jonah Bolden has been balling in Israel, giving 76ers fans a glimpse of what to expect next season

Jonah Bolden has been showing out at Maccabi
    Jonah Bolden has been showing out at Maccabi.

WITH one Australian 76er dominating in Philadelphia, it’s very easy to forget there’s another who’s looking extremely promising in Tel Aviv.

Jonah Bolden, who was selected by the 76ers with the 36th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, has been a key player for Maccabi Tel Aviv over both their Israeli Premier League, and Euroleague campaign, showing glimpses of the talent he’ll be bringing to Philadelphia.

One person who clearly hasn’t forgotten about Bolden, is 76ers general manager, Bryan Colangelo, who travelled to Israel to see the Australian in action on Monday (AEDT).

From promising shooting performances, to dominant all-round efforts, Bolden has the looks of a player who’ll fit in perfectly with the 76ers’ versatile roster, when his time comes.

HOW BOLDEN GOT TO MACCABI

The 76ers’ post-draft thinking went through three phases.

The first was that of conviction; an adamance that the versatile, 6’10 forward would be stashed abroad for at least one year.

Then, Bolden showed his worth at NBA Summer League. That’s when things changed. The Sydney-native averaged 8.8 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.6 assists per game, over eight Summer League games in both Salt Lake City and Las Vegas.

At that point, the 76ers began to search for ways to keep Bolden in Philadelphia for the 2017-18 regular season, according to multiple people close to the team. A two-way contract was off the table, because of the temporary nature of that sort of deal, and the team’s decision to bring Furkan Korkmaz back into the fold meant there were no roster spots left for Bolden.

After negotiations with Red Star Belgrade, Bolden’s former club, the 21-year-old was off to Tel Aviv, set to play for one of the most successful teams outside of the USA.

SHOWCASING TALENT IN TEL AVIV

Bolden’s debut was impressive, finishing with eight points and 11 rebounds in Maccabi’s win over Hapoel Eilat.

It took a few games for Bolden to find his three-point stroke — a part of his game that’s regarded as a defining part of his potential — with an impressive stretch coming at the end of October, when he followed up an 11-point effort, shooting 3-of-6 from behind the three-point line, with a career-high 20-point game, shooting 7-of-8 from the field, including 4-of-5 from downtown.

Since then, Bolden has been showing just how versatile his game is, scoring both inside and out, displaying the ability to guard multiple positions, while rebounding the ball at an impressive rate.

Bolden’s potential was truly exhibited in a game against Zalgiris at the start of December, posting six points, 10 rebounds, four assists, five steals, and four blocks in a win.

That’s the type of performance that gives us a glimpse of what Bolden can contribute to the 76ers. The 6’10 forward’s three-point game is continuously improving, which bodes well for the idea of playing him alongside both Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid; both of whom can dominate the paint.

Bolden’s ability to run the floor is also advantageous when playing beside Simmons, as well as Markelle Fultz, when he’s healthy.

On the defensive end, Bolden’s ability to guard perimeter players at an admirable rate means Brett Brown could be able to throw out a dynamic, versatile lineup without sacrificing anything on the defensive end.

While questions will remain about Bolden’s jump-shot, which can go through hot and cold stretches, as well as his ability to effectively defend NBA-level big-men, he’s done as good a job as he can to quash those concerns at Maccabi, so the next step is seeing how that translate.

WHAT’S NEXT

Bolden decided to troll the world, after the 76ers finally traded Jahlil Okafor.

Okafor, along with Nik Stauskas and a 2019 second round pick, were sent to the Brooklyn Nets, in exchange for Trevor Booker, opening up a roster spot in Philadelphia.

That’s when Bolden struck.

Many began to speculate that Bolden was going to be ‘recalled’ by the 76ers, but that’s not going to happen, according to those close to the situation.

What it does do, is essentially guarantee that a spot will be there for Bolden, when he joins the team for the 2018-19 regular season, and all signs are pointing to that being the case.

Until then, Bolden is expected to finish his time in Tel Aviv. Maccabi has the remainder of their Euroleague schedule to play, with their next game against CSKA Moscow, while the team also needs to complete the Israel Super League season, where they sit atop the ladder.

Bolden has shown a lot of what the 76ers can expect from him, come next season, and he has ample opportunity to show even more.

cutz said:
    https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/basketball/nba/jonah-bolden-has-been-balling-in-israel-giving-76ers-fans-a-glimpse-of-what-to-expect-next-season/news-story/2bdb688a5ad175113d1c031cbb72e595?__twitter_impression=true

Jonah Bolden has been balling in Israel, giving 76ers fans a glimpse of what to expect next season

Jonah Bolden has been showing out at Maccabi
    Jonah Bolden has been showing out at Maccabi.

WITH one Australian 76er dominating in Philadelphia, it’s very easy to forget there’s another who’s looking extremely promising in Tel Aviv.

Jonah Bolden, who was selected by the 76ers with the 36th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, has been a key player for Maccabi Tel Aviv over both their Israeli Premier League, and Euroleague campaign, showing glimpses of the talent he’ll be bringing to Philadelphia.

One person who clearly hasn’t forgotten about Bolden, is 76ers general manager, Bryan Colangelo, who travelled to Israel to see the Australian in action on Monday (AEDT).

From promising shooting performances, to dominant all-round efforts, Bolden has the looks of a player who’ll fit in perfectly with the 76ers’ versatile roster, when his time comes.

HOW BOLDEN GOT TO MACCABI

The 76ers’ post-draft thinking went through three phases.

The first was that of conviction; an adamance that the versatile, 6’10 forward would be stashed abroad for at least one year.

Then, Bolden showed his worth at NBA Summer League. That’s when things changed. The Sydney-native averaged 8.8 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.6 assists per game, over eight Summer League games in both Salt Lake City and Las Vegas.

At that point, the 76ers began to search for ways to keep Bolden in Philadelphia for the 2017-18 regular season, according to multiple people close to the team. A two-way contract was off the table, because of the temporary nature of that sort of deal, and the team’s decision to bring Furkan Korkmaz back into the fold meant there were no roster spots left for Bolden.

After negotiations with Red Star Belgrade, Bolden’s former club, the 21-year-old was off to Tel Aviv, set to play for one of the most successful teams outside of the USA.

SHOWCASING TALENT IN TEL AVIV

Bolden’s debut was impressive, finishing with eight points and 11 rebounds in Maccabi’s win over Hapoel Eilat.

It took a few games for Bolden to find his three-point stroke — a part of his game that’s regarded as a defining part of his potential — with an impressive stretch coming at the end of October, when he followed up an 11-point effort, shooting 3-of-6 from behind the three-point line, with a career-high 20-point game, shooting 7-of-8 from the field, including 4-of-5 from downtown.

Since then, Bolden has been showing just how versatile his game is, scoring both inside and out, displaying the ability to guard multiple positions, while rebounding the ball at an impressive rate.

Bolden’s potential was truly exhibited in a game against Zalgiris at the start of December, posting six points, 10 rebounds, four assists, five steals, and four blocks in a win.

That’s the type of performance that gives us a glimpse of what Bolden can contribute to the 76ers. The 6’10 forward’s three-point game is continuously improving, which bodes well for the idea of playing him alongside both Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid; both of whom can dominate the paint.

Bolden’s ability to run the floor is also advantageous when playing beside Simmons, as well as Markelle Fultz, when he’s healthy.

On the defensive end, Bolden’s ability to guard perimeter players at an admirable rate means Brett Brown could be able to throw out a dynamic, versatile lineup without sacrificing anything on the defensive end.

While questions will remain about Bolden’s jump-shot, which can go through hot and cold stretches, as well as his ability to effectively defend NBA-level big-men, he’s done as good a job as he can to quash those concerns at Maccabi, so the next step is seeing how that translate.

WHAT’S NEXT

Bolden decided to troll the world, after the 76ers finally traded Jahlil Okafor.

Okafor, along with Nik Stauskas and a 2019 second round pick, were sent to the Brooklyn Nets, in exchange for Trevor Booker, opening up a roster spot in Philadelphia.

That’s when Bolden struck.

Many began to speculate that Bolden was going to be ‘recalled’ by the 76ers, but that’s not going to happen, according to those close to the situation.

What it does do, is essentially guarantee that a spot will be there for Bolden, when he joins the team for the 2018-19 regular season, and all signs are pointing to that being the case.

Until then, Bolden is expected to finish his time in Tel Aviv. Maccabi has the remainder of their Euroleague schedule to play, with their next game against CSKA Moscow, while the team also needs to complete the Israel Super League season, where they sit atop the ladder.

Bolden has shown a lot of what the 76ers can expect from him, come next season, and he has ample opportunity to show even more.

So excited for him to come over next year
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^^^^I am too^^^>He has some potential to be a good player, or  be a good piece. A 6' 10" athletic player , who at the very least, will defend & rebound. HOPE he works on his offense, because if he can score somewhat the 76ers have a great "find" there.