2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,682

my2hands said:
    I hope people are ready for Stadiums in 2018, because I think it's a reality... which will mean zero travelling for me, I'll just go to the closest stadium shows and my gf won't be able to see a thing for 99% of the show lol
    Stadiums in 2018? That would suck big time!! 

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730
    I'm calling BS on a lot of you. You will still load up the stadium shows, like it or not. I'll know that when I'm having to watch the jumbotron like I did a Wrigley. All goo though because I was at least at Wrigley. 3 for 3 on PJ Wrigley shows through 10C.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    But hey, I'd I'm wrong and you people don't go, then great! Might see PJ on the floor for the first time ever after 16 shows.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • 10LordsALeaping10LordsALeaping Posts: 171
    edited November 2017
    demetrios said:

my2hands said:
    I hope people are ready for Stadiums in 2018, because I think it's a reality... which will mean zero travelling for me, I'll just go to the closest stadium shows and my gf won't be able to see a thing for 99% of the show lol

Will there be stadium 2018 shows in the US, other than Fenway, Wrigley or SafeCo?

I will still go to Fenway again because my wife and I can still get turf seats with great views and sound.  I want to go to Wrigley in theory, but it being oversold and all GA sounds like the experience could possibly be compromised in several ways.  My hometown Philly show, if it is at The Bank, will also sell turf seats and not be GA, so of course I will go to that. 
    Post edited by 10LordsALeaping on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    edited November 2017
    where are the north american stadium shows rumors coming from? anything credible?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    where are the north american stadium shows rumors coming from? anything credible?
    Not sure of the direct source, but the last 3 pages in this thread.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,906
    edited November 2017
    CopperTom said:
    JojoRice said:
    CopperTom said:
    Ryan said:
    I doubt PJ plays stadiums in the USA outside of their major markets.  I could see NYC, Seattle, LA, Philly and of course Boston and Chicago.  Maybe Toronto in Canada.  Basically the cities that usually get two shows on arena tours.  
    Yup.  No way they play a stadium show in Atlanta or Houston.  Those aren't PJ markets.
    I think a stadium show in Atlanta would do very well.  Metallica and Billy Joel played SunTrust Park this past summer and the Foo Fighters are playing at Turner Field in April.  SunTrust Park and Turner Field (now Georgia State's football stadium) are small stadiums that only hold 30-40k.  
    Turner Field holds 49,586 for baseball.  Sun Trust Park holds 41,149.
    GA State has completely reconfigured Turner Field since they’ve purchased it. It’s not near the size it used to be.
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • halvhalv Posts: 676
    demetrios said:

my2hands said:

I'm with you on this. Stadium shows are the worst. Crowds are always very lacklusture. Unless you get lucky with a great seat on the floor they're never any good. If it's GA it's even worse. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,731
    edited November 2017
    halv said:
    demetrios said:

my2hands said:

I'm with you on this. Stadium shows are the worst. Crowds are always very lacklusture. Unless you get lucky with a great seat on the floor they're never any good. If it's GA it's even worse. 
    Fenway and Wrigley were both great shows. Would I want them to always do a stadium show hell no but they come out swinging for these shows. Fenway 2 was very loud as was Wrigley 2. Sight lines do suck and distance from the stage is an issue but atmosphere more than makes up for it imo. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    mcgruff10 said:
    Not sure of the direct source, but the last 3 pages in this thread.
    Yeah I was just wondering about the source. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Get_Right said:
    Do you people think they are really going to announce a tour between Thanksgiving and Christmas?? I say no way.
    Europe 2010: announced 12/7/09
    Europe 2012: announced 12/8/11
    Europe 2014: announced 12/13/13
    Lol.  Absolutely owned.
  • Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Still waiting for the Kelly Curtis' call to set up the show in my living room. I think opening night of the U.S. Tour would work well...
    Has been confirmed? I read something about on fb 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,906
    Cosimo82 said:
    Still waiting for the Kelly Curtis' call to set up the show in my living room. I think opening night of the U.S. Tour would work well...
    If it’s on the internet, it has to be real 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,472
    edited November 2017
    Get_Right said:
    Do you people think they are really going to announce a tour between Thanksgiving and Christmas?? I say no way.
    Ahh I was thinking of the US.  Who cares about Europe anyway  =)
  • Cosimo82 said:
    Perfect
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,549
    Another vote against stadium shows. It makes sense though. Fewer shows for the same money. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    Given the demand for tickets, I'll take a stadium show over missing out on the arena show (or having to pay extortionate prices for tickets).  The 2013 Seattle show sold in a microsecond.   I lucked out and got some pretty rough (obstructed view) upper level behind the stage tickets about 20 minutes after the onsale started.   Overall the tickets in the resale market got crazy expensive because demand was so high for the show.

We need midsize venues.  Somewhere between 20k and 50k :)
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    They haven't played Noblesville/Indy (outdoor venue holding 24K) since 2010
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    Exactly. Play amphitheater’s again
    ^^^they don't have the balls to come back!

=)  
  • Yeah, I want amphitheaters and arenas.  No stadium shows. Of course I will show up if that's what we get though.
    Zod said:
    Given the demand for tickets, I'll take a stadium show over missing out on the arena show (or having to pay extortionate prices for tickets).  The 2013 Seattle show sold in a microsecond.   I lucked out and got some pretty rough (obstructed view) upper level behind the stage tickets about 20 minutes after the onsale started.   Overall the tickets in the resale market got crazy expensive because demand was so high for the show.

Get what you are saying, but that’s why I pick a less popular show
    I'm calling BS on a lot of you. You will still load up the stadium shows, like it or not. I'll know that when I'm having to watch the jumbotron like I did a Wrigley. All goo though because I was at least at Wrigley. 3 for 3 on PJ Wrigley shows through 10C.
    No BS. Only way I even consider is if it is not GA and reserved seating in the front, than maybe. I live an hour from Wrigley
    Done with that

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    Zod said:

Still doesnt make sense why there wasn't a second show added.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • KusyKusy Posts: 350
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Ahh I was thinking of the US.  Who cares about Europe anyway  =)
    But it's Europe that's gonna be announced in a few days ;))) 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,695
    Very disappointed with the stadium rumors. Hoping they aren’t true 
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    im with the anti stadium people, but if that was the only option for sure id go to at least one.  as much as stadiums are not ideal, 2017 was REALLY not ideal.. 

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    I'm loving that the Euro tour isn't announced yet and we're already into the U.S. tour XD 

2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Would rather have Arena but those bi$_&hing about stadiums were not at Wrigley Night 2. That was amazing
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,695
    Would rather have Arena but those bi$_&hing about stadiums were not at Wrigley Night 2. That was amazing
    I was at 3 of the 4 including Wrigley 2 and Fenway 2 which were easily the better nights. And I’ll still bitch about stadium.