Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905

I need some dates!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    *waiting for Dimi to post a picture of Progressive Field, but deep down inside knowing it will never happen*
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    *waiting for Dimi to post a picture of Progressive Field, but deep down inside knowing it will never happen*
    In an interview earlier this month Ed said the band won’t return to Cleveland until the Browns make the playoffs. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    RS151862 said:
    In an interview earlier this month Ed said the band won’t return to Cleveland until the Browns make the playoffs. 
    I’ll be dead before that happens.... and I’m 25
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    RS151862 said:
    I’m a Pirate fan, I feel your pain. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    bbiggs said:
    cutz said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    so with the rumored stadium shows i'd love to see them at wrigley...question, what neighborhoods should I look into in chicago to book a room?
    Depends on what you’re looking for. You can stay right in Wrigleyville across the street from the ballpark if you’d like (the new hotel is set to open early 2018 and is literally right across the street).  It’s a fun neighborhood with a lot of stuff to do nearby aside from the show.  Regardless of where you stay, you’ll be within short distance of all the city has to offer.  I’m glad to give recommendations of restaurants, bars, breweries, pizza joints, etc.  Feel free to PM me when the time comes.  You’re guaranteed to have a blast! 
    Do you know the name of the new Hotel?
    Hotel Zachary 
    Thanks.

Place  looks nice.
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    mcgruff10 said:
    so with the rumored stadium shows i'd love to see them at wrigley...question, what neighborhoods should I look into in chicago to book a room?
    I've been to Chicago a bunch of times I'm from NYC. I think your best bet is to stay in the north loop in like old town, lots of bars, quite, close to mag mile and Wrigley isn't to far north. 
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303
    RS151862 said:
    Haha
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Any time frame on an announcement?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,812
    edited January 2018
    Any time frame on an announcement?
    Just guessing but I would imagine it would be January to early March for the ballpark tour and July at the latest for the full NA tour. Really hoping that they announce it all together and soon though!
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    New year, no new rumors !!! 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    I would doubt they will announce the tour prior to the tickets for the stadium shows going on sale. They like the stadium shows to be a big deal travel destination for everyone. Then shortly after we all commit to traveling for these few shows, they will announce the tour (wherever it is) so all the folks still local to the areas will buy for those shows as well. 

That way, if someone from California sees only shows in SEA, CHI, BOS they will be inclined to go for it. Then 2 weeks later, drop the remainder of their tour plans which may include shows in California, and the person who splurged for the ballpark shows will also most likely go ahead and get tix for the California shows as well.

This whole sort of "being friendly towards local fans" probably helps to explain their policies about refunding and exchanging tickets. Yes, The scalpers as well.. but throw that into the picture along with their very quick time to enter the lotto... I can see why they do things the way they do.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I just booked a vacation for the fam in late august.  I"m sure pj will be playing those days lol.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,226
    I almost like winter shows in Seattle better, because Hotels are crazy expensive in the summer :(  Especially with the day break between shows.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just booked a vacation for the fam in late august.  I"m sure pj will be playing those days lol.
    Was it in Boston lol!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

When was the 2016 Tour announced?...could give us an indication of when a North American Tour is announced...

• Options
    i_lov_it said:

When was the 2016 Tour announced?...could give us an indication of when a North American Tour is announced...

January 19th I think. That was a spring tour though. 2013's fall tour was announced in July. 
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 290
    2014 October tour was announced in May.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Was it in Boston lol!
    Unfortunately no.  Heading to great wolf lodge for a few days.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,772
    Image result for godfather 2 gifs
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,970
    Hotel booked for Chicago the weekend of Aug 18. Fingers crossed!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    dconner50dconner50 Arkansas Posts: 14
    Surely the ballpark shows will be announced in the next couple of weeks. Hard to imagine a fall tour being announced this early. I'm still gonna treat these ballpark shows as the only US shows this year until otherwise notified lol
    EV
    9/23/2017 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Dimitris is posting a lot of pictures about Wrigley and 2018 tour.  I wonder if an announcement is imminent (like the next 5-7 days).
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Dimitris is posting a lot of pictures about Wrigley and 2018 tour.  I wonder if an announcement is imminent (like the next 5-7 days).
    That sure would be a nice start to the new year. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    * goes to check member renewal status
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,950
    Agreed! Was thinking the same thing. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

Has to be an announcement around Jan 15 or so, I'm guessing there will be a hint in the newsletter on the 10th of some tour dates.

My official prediction for the dates for the ball parks.

Aug 9 &11 - Seattle - Safeco Field (Thu/Sat)

Aug 18 & 20 - Chicago - Wrigley Field (Sat/Mon)

Sept 1 & 3 - Boston - Fenway Park (Sat/Mon Labour Day Holiday)

*All hinges on the Boston rumours for Labour day are legit, I think the weekends are correct, nights of shows are guesses based on when each park is available, and the past tour where they played 2 of 3 nights for Fenway/Wrigley.

Can't wait for 2018!

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I don't see them playing Monday of Labor Day Weekend... that definitely feels like a Fri/Sun...

Would love an announcement soon