ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    ZeldaZonk said:
    i_lov_it said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    I'm fine with whatever happens at Safeco Field in Seattle...
    I'll be there for the whole week no matter which nights Pearl Jam play!!
    There's so much to do and see in the city & surrounding area,
    one week is barely long enough for me.
    AND besides that,
    anytime I can fly to one city and get 2 shows...
    I'm a happy camper!!
    I would love to here what things there are to do in Seattle. It has never been on my radar as cities to see besides to see Pearl Jam play there of course. I am also disappointed in the Wednesday rumoured date. The 10th weekend is one of the two weekends I have off in August and it would have fit perfectly for me if they played it. Just a rumour right now and hoping that it changes. 

I'd spend a day hanging out in the city center...
    Pioneer Square, Belltown, Pike Place Market, SODO, Capital Hill etc...
    SOOO many great bars, restaurants & shops to visit!!
    I'd also be checking out what's on the agenda at the other music venues in town,
    to see who's playing at The Showbox, The Crocodile, Tractor Tavern or many of the other clubs in the evenings.
    Next...I'd head over to Woodinville Wine Country & spend a day visiting all the wineries,  
    and end that day with dinner at my favorite restaurant in the Seattle area, The Herbfarm.
    Then I'd take a little roadtrip down to Mount Rainier.
    It's an INCREDIBLE drive and if you're this close,
    it's a MUST SEE in my book!
    I would also have to make a stop in Tacoma to visit the Museum of Glass,
    a trip to Seattle isn't complete without seeing Dale Chihuly's work up close.
    On the day between shows...
    you would find me in West Seattle.
    Easy Street Records and a walk along Alki would be GREAT on a nice August day!!
    If I still had time left...
    I'd take another road trip out to the Olympic Peninsula,
    and spend an evening (or two) in one of the cabins at Kalaloch Lodge overlooking the Pacific.

:bow:

I took a pic of this. A lot of stuff I would not have thought of thanks!
    Not sure how this was overlooked, but definitely checkout the MoPop (formerly EMP). There's always something cool to see there, and by summer they'll have a few new exhibitions. 
    Took Photos of this...so why the name change?
    When it originally opened, it was called Experience Music Project because it was basically a Jimi Hendrix museum. The owner has a huge collection. Over the years, the exhibitions became broader to include sci-fi as well as music. They decided a year ago that Museum Of Pop Culture (MoPOP) made more sense considering that there is a lot more diversity than there was back in the day. I had the pleasure of being a tour guide for the entire six year run of the Nirvana exhibition before it traveled to South America.
    That's amazing you were able to have that experience working as a tour guide for the Nirvana exhibition.  I am really happy I was able to go there and tour the Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana exhibits.  I would have lived in there if I could.  I am bummed they aren't there anymore, but it's great that people in other parts of the world will have that experience too.

Will the Nirvana exhibit come home to Seattle or tour elsewhere?
    Thank you! I was definitely excited and very thankful to have been a part of it. I'm glad you had a chance to visit both of those amazing exhibitions. It was quite a surprise when the decided to let Nirvana travel to Brazil, but we knew it was only temporary. And to answer your question.....it WILL be returning to us very soon in a smaller form. I'll take what I can get, though. It looks like my hiatus is coming to an end! Hope you get a chance to come back and check it out again!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    i_lov_it said:

ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!
    I would love to here what things there are to do in Seattle. It has never been on my radar as cities to see besides to see Pearl Jam play there of course. I am also disappointed in the Wednesday rumoured date. The 10th weekend is one of the two weekends I have off in August and it would have fit perfectly for me if they played it. Just a rumour right now and hoping that it changes. 

I'd also be checking out what's on the agenda at the other music venues in town,
    to see who's playing at The Showbox, The Crocodile, Tractor Tavern or many of the other clubs in the evenings.
    Next...I'd head over to Woodinville Wine Country & spend a day visiting all the wineries,  
    and end that day with dinner at my favorite restaurant in the Seattle area, The Herbfarm.
    and spend an evening (or two) in one of the cabins at Kalaloch Lodge overlooking the Pacific.

Not sure how this was overlooked, but definitely checkout the MoPop (formerly EMP). There's always something cool to see there, and by summer they'll have a few new exhibitions. 

When it originally opened, it was called Experience Music Project because it was basically a Jimi Hendrix museum. The owner has a huge collection. Over the years, the exhibitions became broader to include sci-fi as well as music. They decided a year ago that Museum Of Pop Culture (MoPOP) made more sense considering that there is a lot more diversity than there was back in the day. I had the pleasure of being a tour guide for the entire six year run of the Nirvana exhibition before it traveled to South America.

Ok that makes sense...and hey Great thanks for the Information...yeah I took Photos from the Outside but I didn't actually go in except to look at the Gift Shop lol
    i_lov_it said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    i_lov_it said:

ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

Ok that makes sense...and hey Great thanks for the Information...yeah I took Photos from the Outside but I didn't actually go in except to look at the Gift Shop lol
    You're very welcome! Hope you get a chance to come back and go a little further than the gift shop, although the gift shop usually has so much cool stuff. Glad you at least got to do a little shopping there!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    derbydave said:

GOOD call...I did the EMP while in Seattle right before the Missoula show in 2012!!
    The Nirvana exhibit was INCREDIBLE!!

Amazing pics! Glad you were so impressed with the exhibition. Our curator did a fantastic job putting it all together, and it was quite an honor to be a part of it. Six years was a long time, and I have missed it these past 10 months! By the way, I was at the Missoula show as well! 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,793
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Love all the advice and back and forths BUT can we try to keep just rumors here? Maybe start another thread about travel plans and advice? 
    Is it really that tough to scroll through travel plans?  if we stuck just to rumors we'd have four posts by dimitris instead of dozens of pages of back and forth positive conversation amongst fans.  travel advice and tour rumors go hand and hand in my book.  
    We could discuss things to do in and around Chicagoland (including breweries and Notre Dame) right here in the tour rumors thread if you want. Checked in excitedly to 25 unread posts and.....nothing but Seattle travel info.

Mcgruff, any input as to who you think the next DC will be for the Irish?

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 400
    Love this thread, thanks to dimi. My 2cents from what has been rumored vs what is fact: they leave South America from port rio dj they enter Europe in Amsterdam they leave Europe via Lisbon, fact . Rumor they enter us via Boston no baseball aug 7-15 next wrigley no baseball aug 16-22 next Seattle no baseball aug 23-sept2. One off show sometime in n.w. Per diminish plural quote. Makes sense from carbon emissions perspective. Let the debunking begin
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Love all the advice and back and forths BUT can we try to keep just rumors here? Maybe start another thread about travel plans and advice? 
    Is it really that tough to scroll through travel plans?  if we stuck just to rumors we'd have four posts by dimitris instead of dozens of pages of back and forth positive conversation amongst fans.  travel advice and tour rumors go hand and hand in my book.  
    True. Wasn’t trying to be snippy just getting lazy scrolling through a few pages expecting actual rumors. All good though,  just a suggestion. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    True. Wasn’t trying to be snippy just getting lazy scrolling through a few pages expecting actual rumors. All good though,  just a suggestion. 
    I think we shos schedule an old fashioned fight between you two out behind the Ten Club warehouse.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I'm not sure if there can be a winner in a fight like that.

To keep to the theme of the thread.  There will be ballpark shows in Boston, Chicago and Seattle - yawn.  Maybe a show in Missoula - awesome.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    i just look forward to what alternative nation will report based on this thread. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i just look forward to what alternative nation will report based on this thread. 
    Good Ol' Brett will be giving out travel insight and places to visit on Alt Nation.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I think we shos schedule an old fashioned fight between you two out behind the Ten Club warehouse.
    lol. it's on!  can we follow it up with some local ipa's?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    whats up bitches!!!??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Good Ol' Brett will be giving out travel insight and places to visit on Alt Nation.
    Yeah no kidding. I crack up every time I see a headline on Twitter about "Major Update On Pearl Jam's US Tour" etc. because it's typically something we've already discussed here. 
  • Options
    whats up bitches!!!??
    It s negative six here. Give me some new tour news.  
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    whats up bitches!!!??
    We had an 0-16 parade here in Cleveland today
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    AB4076AB4076 Posts: 9
    One thing to note about MoPop (EMP) is that there is a trend to move away from music and toward popular culture which was part of the reason for the name change.  Currently the "Guitar Gallery: The Quest for Volume" exhibit is closing on January 7th. It was displaying 50 of the 236 guitars in their collection including guitars used by Jimi Hendrix, Howlin’ Wolf, Eric Clapton, Chuck Berry, Carrie Brownstein, and Bob Dylan.
    Paul Allen has collected many things outside of music and the movies section has many interesting items especially if you are into Sci-Fi films. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    whats up bitches!!!??
    Talk to us Greek!!!
  • Options
    interesting (take it with a grain of salt):

Kevin Connaughton commented on Alternative Nation’s Facebook yesterday, “They will be at Citizens Bank Park in Philly in September 2018 per my source at Live Nation.”

When we pressed him, he elaborated, “I did hear two nights at Citizens Bank Park in early September will happen. Family friend works for Live Nation (and also a huge PJ fan) and confirmed this. Phillies out of town on road trip from 9/3-9/9.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-rumored-do-something-incredible-philadelphia/

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,948
    my2hands said:
    whats up bitches!!!??
    Talk to us Greek!!!
    And don’t give us some crap about wanting to come to Australia...we know that ain’t happening anytime soon! Hahahahahaha. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Kevin Connaughton commented on Alternative Nation’s Facebook yesterday, “They will be at Citizens Bank Park in Philly in September 2018 per my source at Live Nation.”

When we pressed him, he elaborated, “I did hear two nights at Citizens Bank Park in early September will happen. Family friend works for Live Nation (and also a huge PJ fan) and confirmed this. Phillies out of town on road trip from 9/3-9/9.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-rumored-do-something-incredible-philadelphia/

Hmmm.......very interesting indeed.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    So a Vancouver radio station just said Pearl Jam are  playing Seattle this August? That is sweet news!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    demetrios said:
    So a Vancouver radio station just said Pearl Jam are  playing Seattle this August? That is sweet news!
    I wonder who their source was. Hopefully someone credible! You should contact the station and ask them if they have dates.
    Post edited by ZeldaZonk on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Right after Fenway... I checked the schedule a few weeks ago and noticed it was open... makes sense
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Where are the arena rumors? Somebody has to have heard something by now. Let’s go Dimi, first 5 rounds on me if u spill the beans! Or maybe just spill a couple beans. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    I wonder if a Monday announcement is coming? The waiting drove me.......
  • Options
    Yo Malaka... are you a fan of Rocky the movie? *wink-wink*
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    edited January 2018
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Right after Fenway... I checked the schedule a few weeks ago and noticed it was open... makes sense
    Shit looks like I might have to do a week long east coast trip to Boston and philly!  Doesn’t sound too shabby.  Let’s get these dates announced! 

**ahhhh...weekend of 9/8 I’d be screwed.  Hopefully not that weekend
    Post edited by bbiggs on
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Just need an Australian Tour Rumour ;)

• Options
    jmug23 said:
    Where are the arena rumors? Somebody has to have heard something by now. Let’s go Dimi, first 5 rounds on me if u spill the beans! Or maybe just spill a couple beans. 
    Haha.....arenas.  Would be shocked if we get a normal US leg of a tour.   All ball parks and maybe one arena is my guess.   They don’t like to tour that much.