I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• PJ_Soul said:
    I dropped something behind this dresser that's in my storage room last night, and when I went back there to retrieve it I discovered an unopened and long-forgotten package from 10C! It's obviously an LP... but I don't know what record it is. It's from February 2014. I was busy when I found it, so I didn't even get around to opening it up ... What could it be?! I'm thinking it could be yet another copy of LB for some reason, given the timing, but why would I have bought that?? And why would I have received it in Feb 2014 instead of in 2013 when the album came out? Anyway, looking forward to finding out what my self-imposed mystery vinyl is later. :tongue:
    Check again....it probably says 2004, not 2014. Gotta be an unopened Benny. I'm almost positive. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I dropped something behind this dresser that's in my storage room last night, and when I went back there to retrieve it I discovered an unopened and long-forgotten package from 10C! It's obviously an LP... but I don't know what record it is. It's from February 2014. I was busy when I found it, so I didn't even get around to opening it up ... What could it be?! I'm thinking it could be yet another copy of LB for some reason, given the timing, but why would I have bought that?? And why would I have received it in Feb 2014 instead of in 2013 when the album came out? Anyway, looking forward to finding out what my self-imposed mystery vinyl is later. :tongue:
    It could be the replacement vinyl or the 2nd (3rd?) pressing, which was rumored to have been superior to both the the original pressing and the replacement vinyl.
    No, all the replacement vinyl is accounted for (that debacle got me 4 red LBs at the end of the day, lol, and then I got another red LB in a 10C mystery vinyl sale). SO I dunno.... I guess it's possible that I bought yet ANOTHER version with the second pressing just to have a truly complete, non-replacement one?! But I didn't think I liked the album enough to do something obsessive like that. I wouldn't even normally do that with an album I do like. But yeah, you never know. Maybe I lost my brains in a moment of compulsive weakness and crazily picked up a 6th fucking LB. :lol: Obviously if it is LB I'll be opening it to see if it's another red one. I seem to be a red LB magnet.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Check again....it probably says 2004, not 2014. Gotta be an unopened Benny. I'm almost positive. 
    Wouldn't that be wonderful!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Are you going to open it?
    edited October 2017
    Are you going to open it?
    Yes, later. I'm at work right now ... I'm just enjoying fantasizing about it until then. :lol:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited October 2017

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited October 2017
    Booooooooo! It's a black LB. :angry::lol:
    I have no clue why in the world I ordered yet another LB, but I hope I learned my lesson, lol! Well, I now have a complete red one and a complete black one, and a black replacement. And the CD. I traded my Sevens though.... Uh oh. Do I need a Sevens?!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Lets Play Two 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    You were stalling on that one for a few years, weren't you?  I think they are out of print.  Did you get it retail?
    The TP records sound so friggin good.  It's really astounding.

Yea, put that one on the back burner for a while. Finally decided to get it. Got if from Elusive Disc. You can still find them pretty easy retail.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Murder!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    New:

2016 Reissue.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    New:

2014 Remastered reissue.
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Remastered reissue.
    Nice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Jefferson Airplane, Bark.  Picked this up at the local Goodwill.  Booth vinyl and cover are in great shape.  No insert but a steal for $3.00.  And a surprisingly good album.  Somehow I'd missed this one.

brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Remastered reissue.
    Nice!
    Thanks, Brian, thought you might like that one, being such a bearer of good taste.. ;)

• Finally found this at the right price. Opened the package and saw this picture on the back... just so sad. 

It's so strange to grieve someone who I never met. We can all be grateful he left so much music behind for us all, and I would think that also means a great deal to his family. Felt like he'd be around forever... far too young. But I can also imagine living 10 lifetimes and still not having an impact like he had. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Image result for george michael listen without prejudice
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

Finally found this at the right price. Opened the package and saw this picture on the back... just so sad. 

It's so strange to grieve someone who I never met. We can all be grateful he left so much music behind for us all, and I would think that also means a great deal to his family. Felt like he'd be around forever... far too young. But I can also imagine living 10 lifetimes and still not having an impact like he had. 
    This is still available on Amazon, Import_CD, etc.  Was there something unique about the version you just bought?
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I went to a record fair this past weekend and bought a bunch. I got the Springsteen Live 75-85 box set for $20 still sealed. And then about 15 '70s and '80s rock records for 30-something. 
  • mrussel1 said:

Finally found this at the right price. Opened the package and saw this picture on the back... just so sad. 

This is still available on Amazon, Import_CD, etc.  Was there something unique about the version you just bought?
    Nothing special. I default to getting stuff on discogs. I like to find stuff that’s opened and unplayed, near mint or close to it, rather than pay full price just for a plastic wrapper. The asking prices on this (and a few Soundgarden albums) were crazy high ever since his death. I have had the CD for a while and am just building a vinyl collection. This was a must-have for me. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    This beauty arrived from Newbury Comics today. I've always loved this album, and the colours look really good so this was a no brainer for me. It sounds great too!

There was a download card included as well so if anybody wants to get hold of some Sam Beam goodness, let me know!

Shawn Smith's "I Need Some Comfort Tonight" 7" single turned up yesterday too.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    mrussel1 said:

Nothing special. I default to getting stuff on discogs. I like to find stuff that’s opened and unplayed, near mint or close to it, rather than pay full price just for a plastic wrapper. The asking prices on this (and a few Soundgarden albums) were crazy high ever since his death. I have had the CD for a while and am just building a vinyl collection. This was a must-have for me. 
    Man, I've had nothing but trouble ordering on discogs.  I usually go there when I'm looking for a specific pressing, but I find a lot of the sellers don't bother to check the numbers before they list them.. or list them in the most expensive one even though that's not the version.  For example, I was looking for a purple Synchronicity and three different people listed them under purple and when they arrived, it wasn't.  Everyone refunded me and I ended up keeping the record because they didn't want to pay the return shipping, but it was super annoying.  I finally got the right one from Ebay where I could see the # and color.  
    edited October 2017
    Loving my Tom Petty Volume 1 box I recently picked up.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Man, I've had nothing but trouble ordering on discogs.  I usually go there when I'm looking for a specific pressing, but I find a lot of the sellers don't bother to check the numbers before they list them.. or list them in the most expensive one even though that's not the version.  For example, I was looking for a purple Synchronicity and three different people listed them under purple and when they arrived, it wasn't.  Everyone refunded me and I ended up keeping the record because they didn't want to pay the return shipping, but it was super annoying.  I finally got the right one from Ebay where I could see the # and color.  
    But man is that RL Synchronicity worth it.. :wink:
  • MedozK said:
    I started from the first record on and realized that maybe I don't like him as much as I thought I did...
    MedozK said:
    I started from the first record on and realized that maybe I don't like him as much as I thought I did...
    His records can be a little uneven.  Damn the Torpedoes, Southern Accents, Full moon, Wide Open, Wildflowers and Echoes are brilliant all the way through.  The rest have some great songs and some average.  But the body of work is just fantastic.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    His records can be a little uneven.  Damn the Torpedoes, Southern Accents, Full moon, Wide Open, Wildflowers and Echoes are brilliant all the way through.  The rest have some great songs and some average.  But the body of work is just fantastic.  
    I was so underwhelmed I haven't picked them up since first listen.  I'll revisit it sooner or later.