*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75
    edited August 2016
    Night one was a little lackluster. Night two more than made up for it. Super solid and intense energy. It may be at the top of my list of shows, except at MSG night 2 I got the mic during Even Flow. Plus, I got it on video. Not sure anything will beat that for me.
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 125
    cjorea said:

I'd go as far as to say epic, although I generally dislike the term unless it is being used by some wannabe hippy Phish fan recounting (in perhaps the only way he/she can) the exctacsy driven coma they experienced during Tweezer Reprise into 2001...

ok sorry but i kind of have to point out that phish has never played 2001 after Reprise...but i guess a "wannabe hippy Phish fan" might think that they have :)

i love both bands. so different, but both great. PJ is #1 for me, and the last two shows were fantastic.

peace.

• DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    Ed thanks entire band...minus Jeff (again)....LOL

02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    marcos said:

What a great set to top off a great weekend. I'm a very lucky man to follow such a great band with the greatest fans ever. Fellow travelers were awesome and everybody in the great great city of Boston blew me away with their kindness and love of the band; especially the kind folk that gave me a very last minute ride to town when my train broke down because of a cable in who knows where Massachusetts. I probably would have missed Friday night if not for them. I hope to get in contact with somehow as they were a great group of friends and such a fun crew.

It kinda felt like a Pearl Jam convention (as usual) but especially with the House of Blues screening in the middle. I had a chance to finally socialize more with fellow fans, who like I said were so awesome; every single one. And then PJ tops it off with a mind blowing set list (such a great flow) and earth rocking performance. I won't be coming down from this high for a long long time.

Were you on Amtrak Friday? And got stopped in Mansfield? Same happened to me and it was stressful. We were able to get an uber and squeeze a few more people in but I don't think it was you however, but glad people were helping people out. I always thought trains would be the safest way to go but shit happens every which way
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • alwaysUalwaysU Posts: 78
    Who I Am said:

I actually did hear Ed thank Jeff, but right when the crowd roared for Mike so it was missed by most and he didn't get his own cheer hahaha. I've certainly seen him miss Jeff a couple times before!
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717

I was A4 row 25 stub hub $700

Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

Have fun for those at wrigley. Maybe I'll be at some shows for PJ26 :smile:

I guess I shouldn't mention I got those tix the day of the show for face value :blush:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847

Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

I guess I shouldn't mention I got those tix the day of the show for face value :blush:
    Really!?! Good for u. Great running into you also Joe!!!

I enjoyed this shows sound a lot more being on the infield. Much better than the stands.

Smile was great as was Vedders mumble of lukin. I don't think he knows the words anymore, lol.

Breath is always special.

The Off He Goes solos were good, I mean really good. Sirens has a great solo too.

Other highlights were immortality and RVM. Angel. Never thought I'd here that.

Great crowd. Lots of dancing later on and security was chill with it.

GREAT WEEKEND!!!
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    I had a great time both nights. I actually went into this not expecting too much - kinda just figured the place would be huge and since I got snubbed on the 10c draw I would be out in the nosebleeds with the evenbros. But then 10c blessed me w/that last min ticket drop for Fri and I hooked up w/a field seat for Sun and the rest was 'wicked good' (as they say in the local dialect).
    Had a better view of the stage N1 even though I was further away. Night 2 two line backers were right in front of me so I watched most of the show on the big screen. Really like all the special effects they throw in and cool angles, like Jeff's crotch cam and the Ariel shots of the crowd. And PJ just killed it both nights....so expectations definitely exceeded on all levels!
    P.S. MYM had the best light show ever.
  • philzonereddyphilzonereddy NH, NY Posts: 117
    jkalman said:

Night one was a little lackluster. Night two more than made up for it. Super solid and intense energy. It may be at the top of my list of shows, except at MSG night 2 I got the mic during Even Flow. Plus, I got it on video. Not sure anything will beat that for me.

No offense bro...but if that's you...that was rough...haha..
    Rochester, NY>The Haunt...Ithaca>Syracuse>Troy, NY

Upstate '91 Tour Alumni...the rest is history...
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Both nights were incredible together. If I only went to either one, I'd be upset I missed the other. 10c came through for us big time. We literally hit the lotto with A4 row 1. It couldn't of happened at a better time with my wife having surgery on her hand just 4 nights before that. Fenway 2 is the best show I've ever seen. This band just keeps getting better and better , it's actually scary. Thank you PJ. Thank you 10c. And thanks to all the incredible fans I was surrounded by. The city of Boston is incredible and Fenway is breathtaking.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Are these guys collectively and individually totally under-rated? Their greatness is evident when they take risks and step outside of the comfort zones. I mean take Angel for example, that song is pretty difficult to sing and they pulled it off. I guess that is what makes Ed/them so great and got him/them where he/they is/are today.
    We know about Matt and Mike being worldly and even they don't get the credit they deserve. Jeff and Stone, they killed it Sun, absolutely killed it. Without question those guys are totally under-rated (go youtube the who rrhof for reference). Dont forget boom on Reign, sick!
    Im certain the band isnt looking for ratings or seeking accolades, who knows maybe I am looking for them, but no doubt deservedly so.
    The band and fan connection right now is at a pinnacle, maybe a historic level as far as touring bands go.

My top 5
    1. angel
    2. yellow moon
    2a. modern girl tag
    2b. footsteps
    3. miracles
    4. off he goes
    5. smile
    5a. LROM
    5b. hail hail
    5c. in hiding
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Great weekend, indeed! Can't even put into words what I've just witnessed. NAIS, In hiding, Immortality, Masters of War, Fast Patriot and Strangest Tribe were the hghlights for me. Can't ever go wrong with Nothingman and Footsteps too! Get teary-eyed every time during both of those. The love of the fans for the band and vice versa was a feeling I will never forget. They brought it and we loved every second of it.

A big thanks to Boston, PJ, the crew, and of course the other faithfull fans for such an amazing weekend! Love, love, love to you all!! :heart:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • There's not much that hasn't already been said. What a show. My first PJ show was in Rochester, NY in 1994, and it was just awesome. Hard to say which was better 22 years later, but this was right there with it. My highlights: Nothingman, Breath, Smile.

Really wish they'd not crossed off RM, and really, really, really, really wish they'd not crossed off Come Back>Parachutes but an incredible show nonetheless! Wish I were retired and heading to Wrigley!
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited August 2016
    Didn't get to night one, but the two boots together are going to be priceless. I'd buy that blu-ray.

11th show for me, I got a late start but I have a nice list of shows I've attended (see below) and this was easily the best show I've ever been to, ever.

The inflight magazine on American Airlines had a picture of Neil Young on the cover, with a pic of Ed and Uncle N. inside, so that was a pretty good start.

Noontime 10club ticket pickup, no prob. (Field box, semi-expected with the 458xxx 10club number. Elevated 6 rows up from the turf, halfway between 3rd base and the wall, no prob.)
    Early check in at the hotel, no prob.
    Meetup with the 2 adult children, no prob.
    Riverside to Kenmore, no prob.
    Second set of tickets (just a few sections over, field boxes as well) pickup from Merkin Baller, (thanks bro) no prob.

Highlights

My boy's reaction to Love, Reign o’er Me Our 2nd show side by side, we were at Montreal in 2011.
    There is no better place on earth to be with your son than Fenway Park.

Calling Pendulum as the opener and SSB as the closer, with witnesses.

off he goes
    in hiding
    deep
    (finishing off Ten for me)
    angel

see-ya-later-A-rod (bye-bye), having Ed refer to it as a Paaaahhhk, and Ed seeing himself and then flipping himself off on the big screen

The great energy everywhere I looked.

and that entire 2nd encore...especially blowing thought the hard 1030 curfew and the big boy lights flickering on during Alive and the full lights up treatment for RITFW, YLB, and mikey's SSB

since we're talking about highlights...can we talk about the lighting design for a second? Yes, yes, a million times YES!. The person responsible, Kille Knobel, is super talented and has been KILLING it for a while. Think about just how good that stage looked and how good it has looked. It's seamless, meaning it perfectly compliments the music, and isn't "effect-y".
    GREAT JOB, not just at Fenway, but for the last 6 years I've been smart enough to be there live!

come back/parachutes would have emotionally destroyed me...so I was ok with the cross off.

Lowlights

absolutely none

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I heard Eddie thank Jeff. I was at that Baltimore show when he forgot and they were fighting so I'm sure to look out for that stuff. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    now i'm thinking Wrigley GA. Is that nuts? PM me with a hookup.
  • rpecsokrpecsok Posts: 45
    I thought both shows were great, just different. Our seats were in B1 for Night 1 and I never saw the stage the entire time(I'm 5'0"), but the big screens were fantastic and the sound was awesome. Night 2 we were in Field Box 7 with a little elevation and could see and hear everything perfectly. The people around us both nights were super friendly and fun. We came out from California and it was so great meeting people from all over the world. I will be having withdrawals for awhile! Thanks Pearl Jam!
  • MC104287MC104287 Los Angeles / Boston Posts: 3
    flew in from los angeles for both nights, Sunday was epic!! so glad I did this! thank you PJ , now to get that Thomas poster somehow..
    Boston Garden 94
    Augusta Maine 96
    Hartford CN 96
    Great woods Mansfield MA 98
    Great woods Mansfield MA 00
    Gibson amphitheater LA,CA 09
    LA sports arena LA,CA 13
    Fenway Park Boston MA 16
  • Nice I am always paranoid that I will get a fake ticket on the street from a stranger. The entire weekend cost came to $6500 , but I lived it up

• Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    alwaysU said:

Who I Am said:

I actually did hear Ed thank Jeff, but right when the crowd roared for Mike so it was missed by most and he didn't get his own cheer hahaha. I've certainly seen him miss Jeff a couple times before!
    You're right! I thought it was hilarious because I didn't hear it at first and the big screen just had Jeff's mug like WTF?
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    nycrats said:

Were you on Amtrak Friday? And got stopped in Mansfield? Same happened to me and it was stressful. We were able to get an uber and squeeze a few more people in but I don't think it was you however, but glad people were helping people out. I always thought trains would be the safest way to go but shit happens every which way

No, I was with some others that were from Boston picking up their out of town friends. I was stressed as well as I heard Uber was price surging some people upwards of $100 or $200; were we really that far out of town??
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

Really? I was curious about that and was looking to upgrade day of the show also but didn't want to buy any fake tickets and get scammed. If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy them? Tickeaster drop or secondary market? Thanks.
  • peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    Does anyone know what the attendance was at the shows? I'd guess 40K each night
  • kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    URthekey said:

I had a great time both nights. I actually went into this not expecting too much - kinda just figured the place would be huge and since I got snubbed on the 10c draw I would be out in the nosebleeds with the evenbros. But then 10c blessed me w/that last min ticket drop for Fri and I hooked up w/a field seat for Sun and the rest was 'wicked good' (as they say in the local dialect).
    Had a better view of the stage N1 even though I was further away. Night 2 two line backers were right in front of me so I watched most of the show on the big screen. Really like all the special effects they throw in and cool angles, like Jeff's crotch cam and the Ariel shots of the crowd. And PJ just killed it both nights....so expectations definitely exceeded on all levels!
    P.S. MYM had the best light show ever.

Hopefully night 2 you weren't stuck next to some goof from Canada.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41
    Hey guys, what a great show this was, Sunday Aug 7th! Had an absolutely unreal experience as it was my 42nd birthday and won the 10C ticket lottery as we sat front row Sec A3, directly in front of Stone. That in itself was amazing, including an incredible setlist. It got even better as while the band was playing Breath, Eddie walked our way and my wife tossed your sunglasses on stage in front of him. Yep, that was my wife! If you guys recall, he proceeded to put them on for a second and then tossed them back to us. Crazy and she went ballistic! Then during Rockin in the Free World, Ed and I exchanged chest pumps as he noticed my birthday pin on my shirt. During the next guitar exchange, he came to his left and tossed me the 2nd tambourine he threw into the crowd......it was unreal, and of course an experience I will never for forget! Fenway, front row, my birthday, and these beautiful experiences happen to us! Phenomenal and mind blowing! Remember me guys, anyone anyone...?????
    If anyone has video up close during "Rockin in the Free World", would love to connect to see footage. We were out of memory and picture room on our phones, so we couldn't get any video at that point, which sucked. Some of the dudes around me took pics of us as well, so would love to get those...long shot, I know, but you never know as the community in the 10C is unbelievable!! Let me know PJers, if you know someone that was near me or saw this happen and see you at the next show
    SimmZ
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    Went to both shows but Sunday was a Mount Rushmore show for me. It was an incredible atmosphere inside the park and even just walking around Boston these past few days. I went to school there for 4 years and never saw as much Pearl Jam apparel just walking around the North End, Quincy Market, Boston Commons, Southie, Alston/Brighton this weekend. It really was a city-wide event. I think everyone involved with the band did a remarkable job with the merchandise in regards to the selection and the availability to purchase items.

As for Pearl Jam, both shows were amazing. Being outside and feeling their energy combined with the crowds was really an experience I'll never forget. It's crazy to think that in 2016 I feel that they have more fun and energy playing than ever before. Part of me believes they know how truly important they have become and they want to keep doing this forever. It was a great mix of rarities and setlist regulars to help the die-hards and the casual fans.

This baseball stadium idea was great and hopefully they do many more shows like this in the US. Don't get me wrong I love MSG but I don't think arena shows can compare. I'm just glad to be a part of their first time there in a city where I grew up in. My girlfriend came with me who isn't much of a fan and she is even saying how unbelievable the shows were. Its undeniable that this is the greatest rock band of all time.

I was even lucky enough to be interviewed and get on Pearl Jam radio! All in all it was an A+ weekend and I cannot wait until I see the band again!
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41

nicknyr15 said:

nycrats said:

nicknyr15 said:

Best show ever. First row on the rail dead center. Wow. I still can't believe what I witnessed tonight. A4 row 1 fuckin rocked. Excellent fans around me and we were jumping all night. To the guy next to me from PA with your son who got a harmonica and tambourine. And the mic tossed to him!!! Reach out to me and keep in touch for the next one......

Wait you saw THAT show AND you were front row dead center? Damn.
    Yea. I'm still in shock. When I picked up my tickets I almost fainted. I didn't believe it until I actually got to my seat. 10c blessed me yesterday and I'm forever grateful.
    What a great show on Sunday Aug 7th! Had an absolutely unreal experience as it was my 42nd birthday and won the 10C ticket lottery as we sat front row Sec A3, directly in front of Stone. Front F'ng row as well, dude. One section to your right!! That in itself was amazing, including an incredible setlist. It got even better as while the band was playing Breath, Eddie walked our way and my wife tossed your sunglasses on stage in front of him. Yep, that was my wife! If you guys recall, he proceeded to put them on for a second and then tossed them back to us. Crazy! Then during Rockin in the Free World, Ed and I exchanged chest pumps as he noticed my birthday pin on my shirt. During the next guitar exchange, he came to his left and tossed me the 2nd tambourine he threw into the crowd......it was unreal, and of course an experience I will never for forget! Fenway, front row, my birthday, and these beautiful experiences happen to us!
    SimmZ
    edited August 2016

...I went to school there for 4 years and never saw as much Pearl Jam apparel just walking around the North End, Quincy Market, Boston Commons, Southie, Alston/Brighton this weekend. It really was a city-wide event.

not to be a total dick but there's only one Boston Common.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    My dad won the lottery too. Number in the 480s, was row 9 in A5
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas