*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    a lot of new numbers winning the lotteries these days, jus sayin, lol
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

Nice I am always paranoid that I will get a fake ticket on the street from a stranger. The entire weekend cost came to $6500 , but I lived it up

I was A4 row 25 stub hub $700

Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

Have fun for those at wrigley. Maybe I'll be at some shows for PJ26 :smile:

I guess I shouldn't mention I got those tix the day of the show for face value :blush:
    Whoa, $6500.00 for a weekend?? I can't even wrap my mind around HAVING that much to spend, never mind actually spending it, in one weekend. But I guess people who have that kind of money are way used to dropping that on a single weekend? Holy cow!
  • PN3987PN3987 Portland, OR Posts: 34
    edited August 2016
    I just wanted to say the Pearl Jam is a very psychedelic band in some ways more so than the current Dead & Friends tour I saw a few weeks ago (excpet for the Drums/Space section). I think I peaked during Deep and had tears about all the great memories I've had with live Pearl Jam over the years. Breath was my favorite song of the night.
  • deniselastdeniselast Posts: 3
    edited August 2016
    By far one of the best PJ shows I have ever seen. EPIC. Thank you Pearl Jam and Thank You Boston for a great weekend!
    Post edited by deniselast on
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I was complaining to the Mr that my knees and legs were sore as hell...I was like I must be getting old....two days later and I still feel it in my legs. He was laughing and said, Dear, you weren't dancing, you were jumping up and down like you were on a pogo stick for over 3 hours......lol. Guess 51 aint so old after all!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,768
    edited August 2016
    Just got back from MA, it's my home state so I had family to visit. I was in Turf A-1 and sound was fine for me all night. I've been to over 60 shows and the set list and band mood ranks right up there with Spectrum 3 (the show I use as comparison for best EVER). It was just one frigging awesome song after the other. Ed was a chatty mofo and talked so much baseball and Fenway nostalgia that even my 82 year old die hard Red Sox fan father would have enjoyed the show. Love this band, there really are no words to describe how much they mean to me.
    Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • In the past I would never spend that for a weekend , but I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma . It tends to be fatal, but I had a stem cell transplant last year and the cancer is undetectable. My future is uncertain, so I am having a spending spree lately
    JH6056 said:

Nice I am always paranoid that I will get a fake ticket on the street from a stranger. The entire weekend cost came to $6500 , but I lived it up

Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

I guess I shouldn't mention I got those tix the day of the show for face value :blush:
    Whoa, $6500.00 for a weekend?? I can't even wrap my mind around HAVING that much to spend, never mind actually spending it, in one weekend. But I guess people who have that kind of money are way used to dropping that on a single weekend? Holy cow!
    JH6056 said:

JH6056 said:

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,768
    edited August 2016
    Deleted
    Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
    I cried 5 times night 2, 3 times night 1.
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    edited August 2016

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS.

LOVE REIGN.

the 2 songs i hoped for.

unforgettable night! more later! now for the 3.5 hour trek home!

since i'm having a case of post concert depression right now might as well update my "more later..."

i was lucky enough to win 10c tickets, my first time winning through the lottery. (thanks 10club!!) ended up in right field box 94, behind pesky's pole. guess that's what i get for being a yankee fan. :lol: i could still see the stage pretty well though. fenway park is absolutely beautiful. the people around us were cool too. to the couple with the 2 young boys sitting next to us and rocking out all night, you guys are awesome! raising them right. :smile:

what else is there to say about that setlist that someone hasn't said...i got my top 2 white whales in 1 show. amazing. when NAIS started in the 3 slot, i was in shock. missed my favorite song by 1 show not once, but twice, and to get it so early in the setlist was just incredible. i turned to my bf and said "if the show ended now i would be good!" it was true. :lol: and it just got better and better from there. crowd and band were so into it. you could tell how appreciative and humbled eddie was playing in this place. the atmosphere was really something else. tried to take it as much in as i could.

really, i could comment on every song. nothingman, animal, in hiding, not for you...immortality was AMAZING. mike absolutely ripped it! hell, even flow was fantastic! never get sick of that solo. deep is one of my favorites. what an awesome first set. second set even better. yellow moon is my favorite off LB. then ANGEL!!!, footsteps!, great betterman tag...loved hearing all of eddie's stories!

third set. smile. go. started off rocking, right? then when eddie mentions mr. boom gaspar...i knew it. those opening chords started and i lost my shit. i have goosebumps now reliving it. my other white whale, LOVE REIGN AT FENWAY!!! :heart: it's kind of embarrassing how much i cried while singing along, all the emotions that came over me...i can't put it into words. amazing. topped a already fantastic night off.

DTE > breath > alive to end it was great. i will never get sick of the singalong to alive. the bf and i ended up leaving during rockin' because we had a 4 hour ride home with work on monday. and we were both exhausted. my 5th and final show this year. between visiting boston and salem and obviously pj at fenway, last weekend was one of the greatest experiences of my life. thank you thank you thank you, pearl jam! i love this band!
    Post edited by nothinasitseems on
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS.

LOVE REIGN.

the 2 songs i hoped for.

since i'm having a case of post concert depression right now might as well update my "more later..."

i was lucky enough to win 10c tickets, my first time winning through the lottery. (thanks 10club!!) ended up in right field box 94, behind pesky's pole. guess that's what i get for being a yankee fan. :lol: i could still see the stage pretty well though. fenway park is absolutely beautiful. the people around us were cool too. to the couple with the 2 young boys sitting next to us and rocking out all night, you guys are awesome! raising them right. :smile:

what else is there to say about that setlist that someone hasn't said...i got my top 2 white whales in 1 show. amazing. when NAIS started in the 3 slot, i was in shock. missed my favorite song by 1 show not once, but twice, and to get it so early in the setlist was just incredible. i turned to my bf and said "if the show ended now i would be good!" it was true. :lol: and it just got better and better from there. crowd and band were so into it. you could tell how appreciative and humbled eddie was playing in this place. the atmosphere was really something else. tried to take it as much in as i could.

really, i could comment on every song. nothingman, animal, in hiding, not for you...immortality was AMAZING. mike absolutely ripped it! hell, even flow was fantastic! never get sick of that solo. deep is one of my favorites. what an awesome first set. second set even better. yellow moon is my favorite off LB. then ANGEL!!!, footsteps!, great betterman tag...loved hearing all of eddie's stories!

third set. smile. go. started off rocking, right? then when eddie mentions mr. boom gaspar...i knew it. those opening chords started and i lost my shit. i have goosebumps now reliving it. my other white whale, LOVE REIGN AT FENWAY!!! :heart: it's kind of embarrassing how much i cried while singing along, all the emotions that came over me...i can't put it into words. amazing. topped a already fantastic night off.

DTE > breath > alive to end it was great. i will never get sick of the singalong to alive. the bf and i ended up leaving during rockin' because we had a 4 hour ride home with work on monday. and we were both exhausted. my 5th and final show this year. between visiting boston and salem and obviously pj at fenway, last weekend was one of the greatest experiences of my life. thank you thank you thank you, pearl jam! i love this band!
    Hey !!!! Great review. My wife and I did something similar on Friday night. We left at the tail end of Baba to drive 4 hours back to Brooklyn! Got home around 3 went to work at 7AM. So worth it! Drive back Sunday morning and Had Monday off so we were able to stay in the venue until they kicked us out. What a night and an unforgettable weekend. Hoping for shows next year no matter where. I'll follow them anywhere.
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    nicknyr15 said:

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS.

LOVE REIGN.

the 2 songs i hoped for.

Hey !!!! Great review. My wife and I did something similar on Friday night. We left at the tail end of Baba to drive 4 hours back to Brooklyn! Got home around 3 went to work at 7AM. So worth it! Drive back Sunday morning and Had Monday off so we were able to stay in the venue until they kicked us out. What a night and an unforgettable weekend. Hoping for shows next year no matter where. I'll follow them anywhere.
    hey! thank you! and congrats on your front row seats, that's freaking amazing!! you're crazy for doing that drive twice in a few days though! haha. we booked a hotel about a half hour out of boston and came up friday night. did the tourist-y thing sat/sun.

absolutely hoping for more shows next year, just need to save up more money so i could travel farther than just ny/ma/ct to see them. :lol: sure i'll see y'all at a future show!
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41
    Great show, night 2, and hit the lottery as well with front row, sec A3 in front of Stone. It was also my 42 birthday on Sunday which was unreal to fathom. I am looking to connect with the dudes around me as not only did I catch the 2nd tambourine Eddie thru but he also wore my wifes shades during Breath. A couple of guys around us got pictures but we didn't exchange numbers. Would love to connect! Hope someone sees this to help us out. Been in the club since '95 and first show was Springfield Mass April 6th 1994.
    SimmZ
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2016

In the past I would never spend that for a weekend , but I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma . It tends to be fatal, but I had a stem cell transplant last year and the cancer is undetectable. My future is uncertain, so I am having a spending spree lately

JH6056 said:

Well if EVER there was a good reason to burn through lots of cash (esp spending it on PJ), yours is it!!

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but very happy to hear there's no trace of it now! And yeah, enjoy, live life to the fullest! Honestly, it's what we should all do, because we never know when something sudden or serious will happen. Worst thing is to end this life with regrets....

Lucky you that you even *have* that money to spend, but yeah, now I understand. Spend away!!! :):)
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    This show blew me away. Of the 18 I've seen, it's easily top 3, possibly the best.

The band and crowd seemed to be feeding off each other all night in an amazing way (at least where I was sitting in B6), and the setlist was as strong a set as I've ever seen them perform. There didn't seem to be a single lull in the entire evening (something night 2 has over night 1 IMO).
    It was nice to hear some tracks from No Code, that album has been tremendously under represented at the last several shows I've seen. Off He Goes batting second was a real treat. Like night 1, the second tune of the night made my night right away.
    Almost 3 hours later, when I thought they were winding it down for the night & there were no more surprises, I heard the opening guitar of Breath & I was in heaven. It's such a great song, and only the third time I've heard it live. To have those two songs more or less book ending my night....... I really couldn't have asked for more. Love Reign, Hail Hail, Angel, In Hiding and Deep were just a few of the many tracks that I'm so grateful to have heard on Sunday.

Thanks PJ, for the awesome performance as always. But this weekend, and Sunday in particular was something special, and will be at the top of a very long list of awesome memories this band has given me. Thanks 10c, not only for the awesome seats, but also for providing as much opportunity for people to get as much merch as possible. This weekend could not have been any more perfect.

To the guy in B6 row 1 who started reading the leaked setlist aloud right after Angel: Keep it to yourself next time. Some people don't want to know ahead of time.

Tiki: glad it all worked out, good luck getting to Wrigley!!! I hope you can make it happen!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

In the past I would never spend that for a weekend , but I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma . It tends to be fatal, but I had a stem cell transplant last year and the cancer is undetectable. My future is uncertain, so I am having a spending spree lately

JH6056 said:

JH6056 said:

JH6056 said:

May that cancer stay undetectable for many tours to come.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Not sure how many times I've seen those dudes (under 15 probably, not including Vedder w/ C Average and Solo stylee) going back to 1993: that one was a beaut - super, super good and in my top 3.
  • p.s. J. Mascis is the shit!
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Leak setlists suck and someone yelling the songs beforehand geeze wtf that's annoying.

Either way Glad everyone had such a great time it was a special night in a special place
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304

p.s. J. Mascis is the shit!

Yeah, his sit in has led to me to checking out more Dinosaur Jr and I'm really digging it.
    adamg5 said:

Leak setlists suck and someone yelling the songs beforehand geeze wtf that's annoying.

Either way Glad everyone had such a great time it was a special night in a special place

That sucks! The guys next to me at one point were like "do you want to know what song is next?" and I instantly waved it off like a madman saying "No! No! Don't tell me!" and we just laughed and they didn't spoil anything for me the whole night. Was very grateful for that. It's much better just being completely surprised.
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    im ot if anyone posted it..at the beggining of Breath...
    they teaase and play..wooden jesus- temple of the dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-KvwaGwzV0&feature=youtu.be
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited August 2016
    adamg5 said:

He announced Footsteps right before it was played while looking at his phone. Thankfully, when I asked him not to read the setlist out loud as some of us don't want to know, he obliged..... He only spoiled the surprise of one song, but I still felt it was worth mentioning. It's a shitty thing to do.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

adamg5 said:

He announced Footsteps right before it was played while looking at his phone. Thankfully, when I asked him not to read the setlist out loud as some of us don't want to know, he obliged..... He only spoiled the surprise of one song, but I still felt it was worth mentioning. It's a shitty thing to do.
    Amateurs! Why do people think it's a good ting to know what's coming at shows of bands that mix it up? That's the whole point! It's just a continuation of the new generation, "look at me, look at my selfie, look at my phone, see what I know, now give me attention". UGH.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • phungiphungi Posts: 640
    PN3987 said:

I think I peaked during Deep and had tears about all the great memories I've had with live Pearl Jam over the years. Breath was my favorite song of the night.

Fun way to take in a PJ show! Makes you wonder, at the time, that the music as made especially for this!

37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited August 2016

adamg5 said:

Smartphones do not make you smart. They just inflate your sense of self importance. #selfphones
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,767
    nycrats said:

adamg5 said:

Amateurs! Why do people think it's a good ting to know what's coming at shows of bands that mix it up? That's the whole point! It's just a continuation of the new generation, "look at me, look at my selfie, look at my phone, see what I know, now give me attention". UGH.
    "Admire me, admire my phone..."
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    edited August 2016
    nycrats said:

adamg5 said:

The feeling I got when I heard the opening notes of Breath was easily the biggest highlight in a weekend filled with highlights; I can't put into words what I felt when I heard that guitar.

That never would have happened if that guy read off the whole list. There are worse things that could happen I know, but seriously...... have a little common sense, or at least awareness of the people around you.
    edited August 2016

nycrats said:

adamg5 said:

.... have a little common sense, or at least awareness of the people around you.
    Sadly, the first 2 things to go when the screen takes over.
    Have you seen these people on the streets? DRIVING?
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Or at Fenway during a baseball game...homies should be paying attention to what's actually occurring as opposed to that nonsense.
  • Thanks . I am staying positive.
    Poncier said:

JH6056 said:

JH6056 said:

JH6056 said:

May that cancer stay undetectable for many tours to come.