*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    PJ_Soul said:

dkast85 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dkast85 said:

cjorea said:

What an absolutely wonderful two days of music. From the beautiful, meticulously crafted setlists, the enthusiastic and energetic performances, the genuine interest in both music and fans. Pure awesome.

Thes shows were 50+ for me, and 5-6 for my sister, and they were an absolute treat...

I'd go as far as to say epic, although I generally dislike the term unless it is being used by some wannabe hippy Phish fan recounting (in perhaps the only way he/she can) the exctacsy driven coma they experienced during Tweezer Reprise into 2001...

However, they were in fact epic.

To be a little more precise, those shows were 25 years in the making, and were collectively filled to the brim with whatever anyone could expect or want from Pearl Jam.

And to be honest, so much more - standing on the field at Fenway, watching PJ under the shadow of the green monster?!?!?

Maybe its better to write something along the lines of these shows were good, but could have been better, and the band has a lot of work ahead of itself in preparing for the upcoming Wrigley Field performances... the next 12 days better be spent fine tuning their craft..., but there's nothing really to say:

Jeff, Mike, Matt, Boom, Eddie, and Stone ABSOLUTELY rocked Fenway.

On behalf of my sister and I, thank you... to the people behind the scenes, to the band itself, to our (mostly:) wonderful neighbors in the ADA section - thank you thank you thank you.

lol at your "epic" comment as it goes for Phish fans. PJ fans are the ones that overuse that words. Every single show is "Amazing!" All people do with PJ is look at the setlist and they say it is EPIC! The only time i've ever heard PJ fans be critical of a show is MSG n2 this year. Seems like PJ generally plays the same show each night and last night was special because they challenged themselves by ditching Given to Fly and Porch as I said earlier. At least Phish challenges themselves every single night by trying new things every time they hit the stage. PJ, while amazing, is just canned music opened up on stage.
    Lol, why are you a paying member of PJ's fan club then?
    Because PJ puts on the best rock show ever. Just because I think the fans can be dumb (and only care about merch) doesn't take away from how awesome PJ is.
    I've seen Phish. It sucked IMO. Every song sounded the same. Crowd was okay though.
    I've seen Phish...108 times, lol! The people who love them really love them, and those that don't just really hate it. They're a very polarizing band.

Both bands are my two favorites, though. No reason to debate who's better. They're both great, and they're each there for those who want to listen.
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    Suziemay said:

MP59559 said:

Suziemay said:

Yea, some serious post show depression going on here. I normally don't feel this down after a couple of shows, it's generally been bad after a string of like 5-6 shows but man, been going through the motions at work and it's been rough. Thank god tomorrow's Friday.

I have something like the...opposite? I'm not sure. I think it's "phantom excitement". Like amputees feel a phantom limb? A week ago, I was excited for the HOB party and Sunday, and then my wife e-mailed that she had bough tickets to the Friday show. I was pretty giddy the rest of the day, and not very productive (very nearly took a half day, but my wife had just worked an overnight, and needed to sleep before the show). Now, I'm thinking back on that, and feeling that same excitement building up inside, but there's nothing going on this weekend. Well, except some rest for my still tired feet.
    lol. Well, now I have a bit of a nervous excitement building up. Excitement because I just decided I'm going to go to Wrigley 1. Nervous because really?!? Am I really going to spend all this money last minute and the best ticket I may be able to get may only allow me to see the band from far away? I hate stadium shows! I haven't bought my plane ticket yet (that's gonna seal the deal) but gonna figure this out tonight.

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
    Making me proud Suzie!
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    JM55546 said:

They played Mind your manners. Save you is crossed off.

Wish they had kept Save You....I freakin love that song!!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    I've posted a new compilation video of both shows.
    Check it out here
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Wow!!! What a show!!

Lukin!!!! Psyched they played it!!!
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    Rocked hardest on this night to Go in 2nd encore with Not For You a close second. Top 3 show.
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,767
    Suziemay said:

MP59559 said:

Suziemay said:

Yea, some serious post show depression going on here. I normally don't feel this down after a couple of shows, it's generally been bad after a string of like 5-6 shows but man, been going through the motions at work and it's been rough. Thank god tomorrow's Friday.

I have something like the...opposite? I'm not sure. I think it's "phantom excitement". Like amputees feel a phantom limb? A week ago, I was excited for the HOB party and Sunday, and then my wife e-mailed that she had bough tickets to the Friday show. I was pretty giddy the rest of the day, and not very productive (very nearly took a half day, but my wife had just worked an overnight, and needed to sleep before the show). Now, I'm thinking back on that, and feeling that same excitement building up inside, but there's nothing going on this weekend. Well, except some rest for my still tired feet.
    lol. Well, now I have a bit of a nervous excitement building up. Excitement because I just decided I'm going to go to Wrigley 1. Nervous because really?!? Am I really going to spend all this money last minute and the best ticket I may be able to get may only allow me to see the band from far away? I hate stadium shows! I haven't bought my plane ticket yet (that's gonna seal the deal) but gonna figure this out tonight.

We were in the EXACT same situation last Friday. Not great seats, but we were in the park, and it was awesome.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    edited August 2016
    So I was in this same post show depression. I started laughing when I saw other post similar emotions. Not sure if it was the show itself or that my run of shows for PJ25 has ended.

I can't even rank shows anymore. I just get freaking confused. I went to Jax, Greenville (current home city), Columbia, and Fenway II.

I will not rank the show. It was definitely a top show for me. It was just such a different environment and feel that it is hard to place it. However,I will rank this year as the best PJ year of my life. Fenway 2 was my 25th show (saw others who said same and it is pretty cool that it matches up with PJ25) and it is fitting that my first show (and first concert ever) 20 years ago was also a baseball field (ft lauderdale). This is the most shows I've seen in 1 year. They were all awesome but to get Vs (album that got me hooked) and one of other best shows I've been a part of (in GA) at my current residence in Greenville is just so special. Even better was that my wife was able to go even though our baby was almost due. Our daughter was born on April 25 about a week later.

Then, to get lucky enough to get ten club tickets for Fenway 2 (first pick of course). Then, for one of my best buddies to be able to meet me there for the show(we experienced Borgata II together:)). Then, win tix for the HOB screening. Then, to win the lottery and get 10th row center. What???

That first show, Ft Lauderdale, the ticket was given to me by this dude who passed up one of best buds to give me the ticket. I'm not sure why. He knew PJ was my favorite band I guess. I can talk all about all the things that happened at the show, in the pit, etc but what should be taken away from it was my biggest concern was that held these guys on such a pedestal I almost felt assured I would be kinda let down seeing them in person. I was actually afraid of it. I was barely 21 at the time but when they came out, Ed with his guitar, the fans blowing his shirt, and they started playing "sometimes" it was over for me. I have high expectations---after that night I held them higher than the pedestal I had them on before! I remember leaving that show with my ears ringing just like I did last Sunday nite.

I've given away or bought tickets for friends, family and random people over the last 20 years. Last Sunday, gave two tix to some nice Boston girls we met right before the show. Greenville gave an awesome ten club tix to our doula's 16 year old son who love's PJ (had to get him out of being grounded first:)). Gave away two GA tix to a random couple in Memphis that were all the way in the back. It goes on and on for me all the way back and I did it because I wanted others to experience the energy and authenticity this band puts out. I also remember how lucky I was to get that first ticket 20 years ago. I just feel like this year was the sum of all that good karma shining back at me:)

It was cool to see the first nite's show at the HOB. It was hot in there. There was a slight delay from audio to video that no one has mentioned that annoyed my buddy and I. The interview session after was kind of a sh*t show and my feet were tired. I too was hoping the band would play like a 5 song acoustic set. Nevertheless, it was cool to see the show in that setting with a bunch of fans and those guys/girls responsible for making happen are awesome!

I'm not get into Sunday's show too much. So glad I picked Sunday nite vs Friday. There was an obvious crowd energy difference. I was one of the jumpers, lol. Like I said, it is hard to describe this show as it was just so different than the normal show. I feel like it was an in your face show---like in a good way. I'm not sure if that is right but that is how I feel about it. I was jumping around like a maniac so I could be wrong. That first set was just so intense---beginning to end. I haven't been to a not4u show for like 10 years. I would have taken comeback/parachutes over angel any day (even tho I have been singing angel every since Sunday nite---and it just brings me back to the old illegal bootleg I first heard it on). I just thought it sounds kinda off--maybe it was just me. This is just a minor thing and I do appreciate them playing it. Go into Love Reigh Over Me was just killer. I was like "Go", now? whoa. Then LROM was just spectacular. I was just in awe how Ed could sing that so powerfully after such a long set. Again, I'm not sure how to really describe this show but it was some different type of spectacular.

Cons: I really didn't like having the second half of section A not being ten club members. I think it would have made a big difference if you guys/gals in the beginning of section B were with us in section A. Just saying. Also, the amount of jack offs from the back half of A that kept trying to sneak up the aisle was ridiculous. Security did a pretty good job until the last 1/3 of the show but it was annoying to me (i had an aisle seat). I don't remember fan club members doing this when it was seats only. It is what it is but I would have liked to have the other fan club member energy all in that first section...it also looks cooler to those ppl watching the show farther away.

Thank you to the ten club, the band, and the fans. Very special nite but an even more special 25 years! My favorite band (really no close second), still together, refined and playing at the highest level (consistent 3+ hour shows, most diverse sets) some 25 years later...man, we got good taste in music!

What a fucking year!

PS- big thanks to my Wife for being just in love with this music and supportive of the travel times where she couldn't go...some of our best trips have been bc of this band!
    Post edited by mcrok on
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,823
    I sincerely thought it was because I was more inebriated the second night, but after seeing similar feelings across the board, it's clear this was a special night! Busing out of the gate with Off He Goes and NAIS was amazing, and where Night 1 had a weird ebb and flow to it, this one flowed as smooth as good wine. Amazing set, energized crowd (including younger generations thoroughly enjoying what they were witnessing), and band was on fire. Show #13, and I'd have to put it within the top three of shows I've seen them do.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164

Suziemay said:

MP59559 said:

Suziemay said:

Making me proud Suzie!
    Just bought my flight, so I guess I'm going :hang_loose: Now looking for a night 1 ticket :)

I sincerely thought it was because I was more inebriated the second night, but after seeing similar feelings across the board, it's clear this was a special night! Busing out of the gate with Off He Goes and NAIS was amazing, and where Night 1 had a weird ebb and flow to it, this one flowed as smooth as good wine. Amazing set, energized crowd (including younger generations thoroughly enjoying what they were witnessing), and band was on fire. Show #13, and I'd have to put it within the top three of shows I've seen them do.

concur...setlist had a great flow
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • SP108798SP108798 Posts: 52
    These were shows 11 & 12 for me... it's hard to distinguish because I feel like they complimented each other so well as a single unit.

I think their choice of covers for both nights deserves special recognition and I wrote about it here:

https://concertpants.wordpress.com/2016/08/13/pearl-jam-fenway-the-covers/?platform=hootsuite
    1998 - Merriweather Post - DC
    2000 - Jones Beach 1, Jones Beach 2
    2003 - Buffalo, MSG 1 (Live at the Garden)
    2006 - Continental - NJ
    2013 - Worcester 1, Worcester 2
    2015 - Central Park
    2016 - Tampa, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018 - Barcelona, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2021 - Ohana Encore 1 & Ohana Encore 2
    2022 - Nashville, Oklahoma City, Denver

"Cannot find the candle of thought to light your name"
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    edited August 2016
    Top 3 show along the likes of PJ20, Moline, and Milwaukee. Also one of the best crowds I've seen at a PJ show. Definitely a special show.

I know the guys are used to it, but it must be so liberating as an artist to have 40,000 people absolutely screaming every lyric to every one of your songs for almost 3.5 hours.

The best versions of Jeremy and Corduroy that I have ever seen. The crowd energy was unreal. Whoever says crowd doesn't make a difference in the show or how the band plays is crazy.
    Post edited by YLed2 on
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    1 week already, dang.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    edited August 2016
    Ugh....a week later and the 2 shows are is still on the brain.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 128

I have the same "criticism" (let's use that term loosely, both shows were fantastic and this isn't negative) of the first Fenway show as I do for the May 17, 2010 TD Garden show in Boston. Looking at the setlist PJ hardcore fans get all geeked up that "We got Push Me Pull Me! Pilate! Undone! Bee Girl! Soldier of Love!" and check off all their checklists about the rare songs. It's not that the songs were played, but how they were in the setlist it just killed the flow of that entire show for me. I felt that show was kind of a mess. I don't think Fenway 1 was that way, but it had the same weird flow and when things started to get going, the momentum got killed.
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    Tiki said:

1 week already, dang.

Can't believe it's been a week already. Haven't stopped thinking about it since it happened. Can't wait for the boot, or maybe we'll get really lucky and get a DVD release. It's taken everything in me to not just plan a trip to Chicago, but I can't afford it right now. Hope everyone going has a great time, though! Those shows are gonna be something special, too.

I need more tour dates! TOTD will have to do, hahaha!
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • Still trying to process Off He Goes and NAIS right off the top. Knew it was special right there. And it only got better...
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    It all just feels like a dream at this point. I know I was there and trying to grasp it all a week later but it just feels like a dream.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    wall05 said:

Tiki said:

1 week already, dang.

Can't believe it's been a week already. Haven't stopped thinking about it since it happened. Can't wait for the boot, or maybe we'll get really lucky and get a DVD release. It's taken everything in me to not just plan a trip to Chicago, but I can't afford it right now. Hope everyone going has a great time, though! Those shows are gonna be something special, too.

I need more tour dates! TOTD will have to do, hahaha!
    Amen.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    YLed2 said:

Top 3 show along the likes of PJ20, Moline, and Milwaukee. Also one of the best crowds I've seen at a PJ show. Definitely a special show.

I know the guys are used to it, but it must be so liberating as an artist to have 40,000 people absolutely screaming every lyric to every one of your songs for almost 3.5 hours.

The best versions of Jeremy and Corduroy that I have ever seen. The crowd energy was unreal. Whoever says crowd doesn't make a difference in the show or how the band plays is crazy.

Absolutely. What a year. I mean, we all knew this tour was going to be awesome but holy shit. This has to be their best tour. And there's still 2 more shows. Wow.
  • willitimsonwillitimson Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Outstanding show! Best band on the planet in a legendary venue! Funny though how so many want to pit Sunday's show vs. Friday's. And/or compare this show to "epic" one's at MSG or Philly, whatever. This was my 11th PJ show since my maiden voyage at Alpine Valley in 2003 and they've all fucking kicked ass. This band of badass M.F.er's NEVER disappoint! Thanks be to PJ for an amazing library of music that I cherish. Thanks for a lifetime of memories at all the great shows with an awesome community of fans. Thanks for the reset. I'm now refreshed and ready get back at kicking ass in my small crazy world of balancing work and family. Can't wait for the next one!
    Post edited by willitimson on
    "I'm Martha Stewart and I fatten my own chair."

2003 6/21...EAST TROY, WI. Mookie Rookie show. Reborn & forever hooked..."Kerry Wood Chicago Cubs...and some fucking idiot"
    2006 6/30...MILWAUKEE, WI. Summerfest, opened for Tom Petty!
    2009 6/20...MEMPHIS, TN. (EV SOLO) Orpheum Theater.
    8/23...CHICAGO, IL. United Center.
    2010 5/3.....KANSAS CITY, MO. Sprint Center...Willie Wilson, OFF HE GOES. "Willie, Willie, Willie."
    2011 8/3
    8/4.....EAST TROY, WI. PJ20! Hope it was you that found that misplaced/stuffed full hitter box.
    2013 11/16.OKLAHOMA CITY, OK. Chesapeake Energy Arena.
    2014 10/3...ST. LOUIS, MO. Scottrade Center.
    10/17.MOLINE, IL. The NO CODE show & Moline debut.
    2016 4/26...LEXINGTON, KY. Rupp Arena. The Kentucky Six.
    8/7.....BOSTON, MA. Fenway Park Night 2. Tom Hamilton, Kevin Youkilis, & that Steve Thomas Poster!
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41

Ugh....a week later and the 2 shows are is still on the brain.

yep, me too.....longer depression aftermath than normal from seeing them
    SimmZ
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41
    I have been a fan since the beginning, first show was April 6th 1994 in Springfield, MA. Been in the fan club for 21 years and have seen them close to 20 times. This past Sunday night show was unbelievable and the best yet, and it was my birthday, and we lucked out thru the 10C lottery and got front row, section A3 row 1. The 10C fans are the best! We had a blast! The group down there was unreal and the energy level could not have been higher! If anyone on here was down there in our area, let me know as I would love to reconnect with those guys and gals!
    SimmZ
    I would like to add that the sound quality was phenomenal. It was so loud but so clear it was hard to believe. Also, big thanks to mother nature....couldn't of had more perfect weather!
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    mcrok said:

I would like to add that the sound quality was phenomenal. It was so loud but so clear it was hard to believe. Also, big thanks to mother nature....couldn't of had more perfect weather!

Good call on the weather, over the last 7 days, we've had disgusting heat & humidity in the area, we lucked out something fierce with the two nights we had at Fenway.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,767

mcrok said:

Good call on the weather, over the last 7 days, we've had disgusting heat & humidity in the area, we lucked out something fierce with the two nights we had at Fenway.
    That is very true. Though, I will say that Friday was the nicer of the two night. I don't know if it was because we were out in the open on Friday, and under the roof on Sunday (also packed in tighter on Sunday - the dugout boxes are quite spacious compared to the grandstands), but I was definitely sweatier after Sunday's show.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    I sat dead center on the field both nights and I thought the weather was a little better Sunday. It wasn't as hot as Friday just had a better breeze. Oh hell, both nights were perfect. Especially for New England weather
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • My 19th show. Hadn't been to Boston as an adult. What a great city with great people. Every show is different and for me its pretty pointless to compare them. With that said, it ranks right up there as one the best I've seen. Counting the days to Wrigley.
  • WesCWesC Posts: 92

Outstanding show! Best band on the planet in a legendary venue! Funny though how so many want to pit Sunday's show vs. Friday's. And/or compare this show to "epic" one's at MSG or Philly, whatever. This was my 11th PJ show since my maiden voyage at Alpine Valley in 2003 and they've all fucking kicked ass. This band of badass M.F.er's NEVER disappoint! Thanks be to PJ for an amazing library of music that I cherish. Thanks for a lifetime of memories at all the great shows with an awesome community of fans. Thanks for the reset. I'm now refreshed and ready get back at kicking ass in my small crazy world of balancing work and family. Can't wait for the next one

"2003...6/21 East Troy,WI. (Born/Forever hooked)
    2006...6/30 Milwaukee, WI. (Summerfest, opened for Tom Petty)
    2009...8/23 Chicago, IL. (United Center)
    2010...5/3 Kansas City, MO. (Sprint Center...Willie Wilson)
    2011...8/3 & 4 East Troy, WI. (PJ 20!)
    2013...11/16 Oklahoma City, OK. (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
    2014...10/3 St. Louis, MO. (Scottrade Center)
    10/17 Moline, IL. (NO CODE!...Moline debut!)
    2016...4/26 Lexington, KY (Rupp Arena)
    8/7 Boston, MA. (Fenway Park)"

Outstanding show! Best band on the planet in a legendary venue! Funny though how so many want to pit Sunday's show vs. Friday's. And/or compare this show to "epic" one's at MSG or Philly, whatever. This was my 11th PJ show since my maiden voyage at Alpine Valley in 2003 and they've all fucking kicked ass. This band of badass M.F.er's NEVER disappoint! Thanks be to PJ for an amazing library of music that I cherish. Thanks for a lifetime of memories at all the great shows with an awesome community of fans. Thanks for the reset. I'm now refreshed and ready get back at kicking ass in my small crazy world of balancing work and family. Can't wait for the next one!

Wow! I have been to those exact same shows... wonder if we know each other
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago