*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• EFFORT
    they make an effort to get us the merch
    they think about the setlists, carefully. these things aren't just thrown together. that takes effort.
    they perform every show with 100% effort, energy, sincerity. they leave it all out there. for three hours.

to anyone who complains about anything they do:
    what you think that the band owes you? its called gratitude, and that's right.

Sunday August 7th 2016 at Fenway Park was spectacular
    Thank you Pearl Jam
  • charles.charles. Posts: 24
    at show 18 i finally got to belt out I MISS YOU ALLLLLLL RRRREEAAAADDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYY at the top of my lungs. this is how i feel...
    Witness to the Full Thrown Magic:
    9.28.96 Randall's Island NYC
    7.14.03 Holmdel NJ
    9.30.05 Atlantic City NJ
    6.1.06 East Rutherford NJ 6.3.06 East Rutherford NJ
    6.24.08 MSG NYC 6.25.08 MSG NYC
    10.30.09 Philly Spectrum III
    5.21.10 MSG NYC
    10.18.2013 BRKLYN 10.19.2013 BRKLYN
    10.1.2014 Cincinnati OH
    5.28.2016 Philly 5.29.2016 Philly 5.1.2016 MSG NYC 5.2.2016 MSG NYC 8.5.2016 Fenway I 8.7.2016 Fenway II
    9.2.2018 Fenway I
    Witness to the Magic in Other Manifestations:
    3.23.11 Tres Mts. Philly 6.21.11 EV NYC 6.22.11 EV NYC 11.7.16 Temple Of The Dog MSG NYC
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    charles. said:

at show 18 i finally got to belt out I MISS YOU ALLLLLLL RRRREEAAAADDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYY at the top of my lungs. this is how i feel...

This song always eludes me! It was scratched in Philly and I was heartbroken. I was ecstatic when I saw stone on bass!! Encore 2 was one of the best that I can remember.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    nicknyr15 said:

charles. said:

This song always eludes me! It was scratched in Philly and I was heartbroken. I was ecstatic when I saw stone on bass!! Encore 2 was one of the best that I can remember.
    It stuff like this that I want to start picking up with the band. I have seen Smile twice now (one from a good distance away lol) and I have yet to notice that.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    nicknyr15 said:

charles. said:

Same, I saw Jeff picking up a guitar & I knew...... Such a great, underplayed song.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702
    World broadcast premiere of the bootleg at 2 pm

Especially looking forward to reliving NAIS and Angel
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,889

nicknyr15 said:

charles. said:

Same, I saw Jeff picking up a guitar & I knew...... Such a great, underplayed song.
    Smile has always been a favorite of mine. I saw the guitar switch, and grabbed my wife and said, It's SMILE!" The girl in front of me looked over her shoulder, kind of annoyed. I said, "What!? Stone and Jeff switched guitars!" She smiled and gave me a thumbs up.
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507

jkalman said:

Yeah. Feeling post partum show depression myself.

Us fans help with the show. We feed on each other and the band feeds on us. I spent much of my show actively engaging the people around my seating area, or wherever I went during the show, to sing. We shook that stadium.

The post show depression is real. In recent years, I'm either one or the other:

"I have tickets for an upcoming Pearl Jam Show" or
    "I don't have any Pearl Jam tickets right now"

Currently I'm in the latter category. The depression hasn't set in yet, because I'm still riding the high from the weekend, but I'll come down soon. (TOTD in Philly will help stave off that depression, but come mid-November I'll be scouring the 2017 Tour Rumors thread looking for any glimmer of hope)

RE: Crowd & Band energy:

Sunday night was a night where you can't tell who's feeding off of whom more. The only other time I saw something comparable was Hartford '13. In that bootleg you can hear Eddie say "This isn't normal" and he wasn't just paying lip service...... Something special happened that night between the band & the audience, and it happened again at Fenway on Sunday. It's hard to describe, but anyone who was at either of those shows knows what I'm talking about.
    yes! this so much! both nights were absolutely incredible. best fans ever, best band ever.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,889
    My wife has been going to shows with me for the past 15 years. And she's seen some doozies (all 3 Mansfields in 03, MSG 03, Hartford 13). For the most part, she is just happy to be there. She knows most of the songs, but really just enjoys the atmosphere and seeing friends that we haven't seen in a long time. She rarely, if ever, will singalong or move/dance in place during a show.

Sunday night, she was swaying back and forth, hopping up and down, and even singing (yelling even)! Fist pumping and all that. She nearly tackled me when Footsteps started. I said to her on the ride home that I had never seen her act like that at a show. And I loved it! She said she didn't quite know what it was, but the whole feeling of being there, in that stadium, surrounded by thousands of people feeling the same, just made her so happy that she couldn't help but get into it.

I want do to it again so bad next summer
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41

My wife has been going to shows with me for the past 15 years. And she's seen some doozies (all 3 Mansfields in 03, MSG 03, Hartford 13). For the most part, she is just happy to be there. She knows most of the songs, but really just enjoys the atmosphere and seeing friends that we haven't seen in a long time. She rarely, if ever, will singalong or move/dance in place during a show.

Sunday night, she was swaying back and forth, hopping up and down, and even singing (yelling even)! Fist pumping and all that. She nearly tackled me when Footsteps started. I said to her on the ride home that I had never seen her act like that at a show. And I loved it! She said she didn't quite know what it was, but the whole feeling of being there, in that stadium, surrounded by thousands of people feeling the same, just made her so happy that she couldn't help but get into it.

Awesome! We were front row and the energy flowing thru the park came like tidal waves to the stage, it was unreal! My wife probably punched and slapped me from excitement about 389 times! It was so great!
    SimmZ
    SimmZ said:

Awesome! We were front row and the energy flowing thru the park came like tidal waves to the stage, it was unreal! My wife probably punched and slapped me from excitement about 389 times! It was so great!
    What section?
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010

Wish there was a "like" button. Something special when you see someone you care a lot about, having so much fun.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • jkalman said:

Yeah. Feeling post partum show depression myself.

Us fans help with the show. We feed on each other and the band feeds on us. I spent much of my show actively engaging the people around my seating area, or wherever I went during the show, to sing. We shook that stadium.

The post show depression is real. In recent years, I'm either one or the other:

"I have tickets for an upcoming Pearl Jam Show" or
    "I don't have any Pearl Jam tickets right now"

Currently I'm in the latter category. The depression hasn't set in yet, because I'm still riding the high from the weekend, but I'll come down soon. (TOTD in Philly will help stave off that depression, but come mid-November I'll be scouring the 2017 Tour Rumors thread looking for any glimmer of hope)

Sunday night was a night where you can't tell who's feeding off of whom more. The only other time I saw something comparable was Hartford '13. In that bootleg you can hear Eddie say "This isn't normal" and he wasn't just paying lip service...... Something special happened that night between the band & the audience, and it happened again at Fenway on Sunday. It's hard to describe, but anyone who was at either of those shows knows what I'm talking about.
    Yes!! It still makes me smile and gives little chills when I hear him say that and "like fucking south america" on that bootleg. Felt the same at Fenway 2!
    nicknyr15 said:

SimmZ said:

What section?
    We were section A3 front row, right on the aisle closer to center stage. Pretty much right in front of Stone. Where were you?
    SimmZ
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    <

Couldn't agree more. I was Sitting 2nd row, dead center, (THANKS again 10C!!!) and I could see the reaction on EVs face all night. He was totally in awe of the crowd and I think he was feeding off of it. He knew it was a special night and weekend overall!! I hope we are all talking about this weekend and specifically Night 2, for years to come.

Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I know how to pick the shows. You're welcome.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353

<

Couldn't agree more. I was Sitting 2nd row, dead center, (THANKS again 10C!!!) and I could see the reaction on EVs face all night. He was totally in awe of the crowd and I think he was feeding off of it. He knew it was a special night and weekend overall!! I hope we are all talking about this weekend and specifically Night 2, for years to come.

I get chills thinking about it.
    Tiki said:

I know how to pick the shows. You're welcome.

Yeah you do, job well done sir. : )
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 380
    edited August 2016

jkalman said:

Yes!! It still makes me smile and gives little chills when I hear him say that and "like fucking south america" on that bootleg. Felt the same at Fenway 2!

Love that part of the Hartford '13 show too! I was lucky enough to be at that one and at Fenway night 2. Wasn't on the field, but had great seats right behind 3rd base dugout camera pit. Energy was fantastic in our section (70) and was really, really impressed with the sound. Big props to the sound/stage crew! Any consensus on how the broadcast sounded? I don't have Sirius.
    Post edited by Tremorman on
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 128
    Echo the quotes about Hartford in 13. That was the loudest I've heard a crowd be ever. At Fenway was different due to my seats where you couldn't hear anything but the speakers but it was the same way. The Hartford show's crowd was nuts.
  • Wish we were two weeks ago...

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Listening to it yesterday and this morning on Sirius further confirmed just how special these shows were especially Sunday. Off He Goes, NAIS and away we go....
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    SimmZ said:

nicknyr15 said:

SimmZ said:

What section?
    We were section A3 front row, right on the aisle closer to center stage. Pretty much right in front of Stone. Where were you?
    A4 row 1! Was trying to reconnect with some of those a people. What a night. Unforgettable
    nicknyr15 said:

SimmZ said:

nicknyr15 said:

SimmZ said:

What section?
    A4 row 1! Was trying to reconnect with some of those a people. What a night. Unforgettable
    I am trying to do the same thing! We had a great group! Were you closer to the left side or right side of the stage in your section or dead center? I caught a tambourine, the 2nd one he tossed and it was my birthday on Sunday 8/7....it was unreal! Some dudes got pictures so I am trying to connect!
    SimmZ
  • crownofBcrownofB Brooklyn,NY Posts: 24
    Show was unreal I think in my top 5 without a doubt (Im only 25 so didnt see them in 90's at all ). Smile, Not for you, NAIS were definitely highlights for me. Wish they didnt scratch Save You but who could complain after that show?? Everyone by me in section 94 were going nuts, great energy by the right field pole. Was wondering how it was on the floor? (Obviously amazing) but was wondering how the band reacted to the crowd going nuts. Also if anyone sat in the C sections I was wondering how the sight line was. I had 10C tix and at first was bummed I wasnt on field, but once I got to the park was very pleased with the seats I got, thought it might have been better than sitting in the C sections on the field. Thoughts?
  • DB15740DB15740 Westfield MA Posts: 70
    Those were two F'ing amazing shows!!!

It took me a little while to register everything, and a lot of folks already hit it on these threads, but I really need to post something after that experience...

These were shows 12 & 13 for me and they're right at the top of my list. I also started at the Springfield MA show back in '94 with some of you on here and what a ride it's been! Fenway is right up there with the 3rd show of " the Experiment" (Mansfield '03) and Hartford '13 for me. Every show I've been to has been amazing, but there are some really special ones that come along the way, and these both had that magic...

I have to thank Marc for posting a thread on GTF about a ticket trade and then making it happen. I had tix for night 1, but nothing for night 2, and needed to be at both shows. My wife ended up backing out on Friday's show, so the trade goes down, and it worked out perfectly! Man we saw a couple great shows!!! Section A seats for both nights, Mike's side on Friday and Stone's side on Sunday.

On to the shows...

I really consider both of these shows as a package deal, so I'm posting this on both threads.

Highlights for me on Night 1

Walking on to the field the first night was crazy! I've been to a few ball games at Fenway over the years, but seeing the field from that perspective, I'll never forget it!

The boys were on fire, giving everything they had, good spirits, and just f'ing ripping! Night 1 was Mike's night for solos, insane!!!

Strangest Tribe?!?! It was beautiful! One of my favorite songs from Lost Dogs.

Release, Faithful, Black, Comfortable Numb, Masters of War, SOLAT....Incredible!!!

Only regret, I wished they pushed the curfew a little more on Fri, would've loved to hear Red Mosquito or really anything more they wanted to play. It seemed like they wanted to keep going. On to Sunday...

Highlights on Night 2

I loved the slow start, both nights for that matter.

Off He Goes..my white whale (not really eve that rare), but caught it on the 2nd song! High 5's were flying, smiles, and all I can say is awesome! Mike's white guitar that randomly comes out? That thing might be the real white whale! It looks like it's from another era. He ripped it during Off He Goes, not as crazy as Fri nights solos, but it was early in the set and it sounded great!

NAIS, Nothing Man, In Hiding, Sirens with extended outro and crowd chanting, Not for you and Modern Girl tag (love that tag), Unthought Known... F'ing sick!

First Encore was insane, Yellow Moon with that little sliver of a moon hanging out over the backstop behind home plate, Angel (I've only heard a couple times on record a long time ago, but it's a rare gem), and Footsteps!!! Another White Whale for me and a classic! : )

2nd encore gets even crazier?!?? Smile and Love Reign! I remember getting nervous with the curfew approaching, and didn't want the show to stop, but they pushed it close to the limit before 11 PM hit. J Mascis stepping out while Mike was running all over the place playing everything during RITFW (so fun to watch and J rips - Western Mass guy), YLB to end (my favorite closer), and Mike's SSB?!?!!!

I'll be 42 next month, and that was one of the best weekends I've had in my entire life. Thanks to the great fans I shared it with, thanks to the crew and the to 10c for all that you do, and most importantly thanks to the guys that make this all happen and why we're all here...thank you Pearl Jam (Ed, Stone, Jeff, Mike, Matt, and Boom). Thank you!!!!

Until the next time friends...

ps - Please release the boots so I can relive that whole experience again! Cheers!!!

-Dan B
    Springfield MA 4/6/94; Hartford CT 9/13/98; Saratoga Springs NY 8/27/00;
    Albany NY 4/29/03; Mansfield MA 7/2/03; Mansfield MA 7/11/03; Boston MA 9/28/04;
    Hartford CT 5/13/06; Hartford CT 6/27/08; Hartford CT 5/15/10; Worcester MA 10/16/13; Hartford CT 10/25/13;
    Fenway I 8/5/16; Fenway II 8/7/16; Fenway I  9/2/18; Fenway II  9/4/18
    Awesome Dan! I was at the Springfield show in 94! I was in Section A3, front row on Sunday.....where were your seats for Sunday?
    I have seen them every tour and this show was the best overall experience ever.....the setlist, the people, the vibe, and the energy! Let me know where you were as I am trying to connect with people that were around us, share pictures and videos and what not....it was awesome!
    SimmZ
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    crownofB said:

Show was unreal I think in my top 5 without a doubt (Im only 25 so didnt see them in 90's at all ). Smile, Not for you, NAIS were definitely highlights for me. Wish they didnt scratch Save You but who could complain after that show?? Everyone by me in section 94 were going nuts, great energy by the right field pole. Was wondering how it was on the floor? (Obviously amazing) but was wondering how the band reacted to the crowd going nuts. Also if anyone sat in the C sections I was wondering how the sight line was. I had 10C tix and at first was bummed I wasnt on field, but once I got to the park was very pleased with the seats I got, thought it might have been better than sitting in the C sections on the field. Thoughts?

Section 94 was awesome! We were in row NN and were surrounded by great people!
    edited August 2016
    SimmZ said:

Awesome Dan! I was at the Springfield show in 94! I was in Section A3, front row on Sunday.....where were your seats for Sunday?
    I have seen them every tour and this show was the best overall experience ever.....the setlist, the people, the vibe, and the energy! Let me know where you were as I am trying to connect with people that were around us, share pictures and videos and what not....it was awesome!

Hey Simm, that was an amazing show!!!(Sprinfield '94 was too) That's so awesome you got to experience this one from the front row! Sounds like you guys had a blast. We sat in A3 on Sun night as well, Row 11. I only took a few quick pics, most of which didn't come out too great. I actually took one right before they started so I could show my wife where the seats were at. There's a couple in it standing right on the rail, maybe it's you? I'll try to pm or post from my phone here
    Post edited by DB15740 on
    Albany NY 4/29/03; Mansfield MA 7/2/03; Mansfield MA 7/11/03; Boston MA 9/28/04;
    Hartford CT 5/13/06; Hartford CT 6/27/08; Hartford CT 5/15/10; Worcester MA 10/16/13; Hartford CT 10/25/13;
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by DB15740 on
    DB15740 said:

Awesome! Yes, you were right behind us. We were seat 19 and 20 right on the aisle. I don't see us in this one but you totally could during the show as this pic is the perfect angle to see us. I caught a tambourine and my wife is the one who tossed her shades on stage during "Breath"....and Eddie gave them back after wearing them for a second. if you have ones during the show, that would rule. We ran out of room on both our phones into the last encore. would you like my cell # and you can text me or my email and you can shoot me what you have? That would be great, lets connect....that goat-teed security guard you see herre was right in front of us.
    Thanks!!
    Chris
    SimmZ