*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75

jkalman said:

Yeah. Feeling post partum show depression myself.

Us fans help with the show. We feed on each other and the band feeds on us. I spent much of my show actively engaging the people around my seating area, or wherever I went during the show, to sing. We shook that stadium.

The post show depression is real. In recent years, I'm either one or the other:

"I have tickets for an upcoming Pearl Jam Show" or
    "I don't have any Pearl Jam tickets right now"

Currently I'm in the latter category. The depression hasn't set in yet, because I'm still riding the high from the weekend, but I'll come down soon. (TOTD in Philly will help stave off that depression, but come mid-November I'll be scouring the 2017 Tour Rumors thread looking for any glimmer of hope)

RE: Crowd & Band energy:

Sunday night was a night where you can't tell who's feeding off of whom more. The only other time I saw something comparable was Hartford '13. In that bootleg you can hear Eddie say "This isn't normal" and he wasn't just paying lip service...... Something special happened that night between the band & the audience, and it happened again at Fenway on Sunday. It's hard to describe, but anyone who was at either of those shows knows what I'm talking about.
    Totally! I was at Hartford as well. Incredible show. I had some sweet seats for that night and took some videos. I'll have to upload them to YouTube and post them on the Hartford thread if there is one still. I just got around to posting some MSG videos today on the forum where I was third and second off the rail and had two awesome experiences (Mike zone first night and Eddie zone second--Mike came offstage on the first night and another guy and I got the mic on second night).

I feel fortunate that I've been able to experience the band from the back of venues to the very front. This next year is going to be rough. I'll be way upstate in Syracuse for a year working 9-5 five days a week with little vacation time, so I made the most of this last run and hit as many shows as possible. It's too far away from the regular venues to make it to shows if they tour again in the USA. Looking forward to Monday at Wrigley's right now. Hoping for a Thumbing My Way and Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns. Already burned my voice out on night one... lol
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    Have they announced when the Fenway shows will be available to download?
  • CC68885CC68885 Syracuse Posts: 22
    edited August 2016
    "This next year is going to be rough. I'll be way upstate in Syracuse for a year working 9-5 five days a week with little vacation time, so I made the most of this last run and hit as many shows as possible. It's too far away from the regular venues to make it to shows if they tour again in the USA."

Okay first off Syracuse isn't way upstate. Try massena or plattsbugh for that. Second, too far away????? buffalo is 2 hrs away as is Albany which are regular tour stops. I've been to philly ,Boston ,Toronto ,reading ,buffalo ,and Albany for shows. Third, we have a new 17,000 capacity ampitheater in Syracuse which l could see them actually playing in the future. Take off your downstate glasses and you'll see that there is a lot more out there
    Post edited by CC68885 on
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    MKSNYC said:

Have they announced when the Fenway shows will be available to download?

i don't think so yet.
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75
    CC68885 said:

Okay first off Syracuse isn't way upstate. Try massena or plattsbugh for that. Second, too far away????? buffalo is 2 hrs away as is Albany which are regular tour stops. I've been to philly ,Boston ,Toronto ,reading ,buffalo ,and Albany for shows. Third, we have a new 17,000 capacity ampitheater in Syracuse which l could see them actually playing in the future. Take off your downstate glasses and you'll see that there is a lot more out there

Simmer down now...

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Can I just say how thrilled I am that Fenway was ALL reserved! Reading about the Wrigley GA pit last night makes me so so SO grateful that at Fenway we could be close and also short and female and still see just fine without waiting all day, plus go get drinks and pee (during Evenflow of course) without having to fight one's way back to our spots. LOVE OUR SHOWS!!!
  • JH6056 said:

Can I just say how thrilled I am that Fenway was ALL reserved! Reading about the Wrigley GA pit last night makes me so so SO grateful that at Fenway we could be close and also short and female and still see just fine without waiting all day, plus go get drinks and pee (during Evenflow of course) without having to fight one's way back to our spots. LOVE OUR SHOWS!!!

I have to agree. I picked Fenway 2 first based on all reserved seating. I went to grab a beer at Fenway 2 during a break but Not for You started in the beer lineup on the field (yes a beer stand on the field which was awesome). There was one girl in front of me (yes only 2 people in line including me) so we started dancing and then she got her beer. When I went to pay for my 2 they only charged me for one, cause that kind soul I danced to Not For You with bought my beer.

I love this band and it's fans. Fenway 2 was off the charts. Boston was off the charts.

JH6056 said:

I have to agree. I picked Fenway 2 first based on all reserved seating. I went to grab a beer at Fenway 2 during a break but Not for You started in the beer lineup on the field (yes a beer stand on the field which was awesome). There was one girl in front of me (yes only 2 people in line including me) so we started dancing and then she got her beer. When I went to pay for my 2 they only charged me for one, cause that kind soul I danced to Not For You with bought my beer.

I love this band and it's fans. Fenway 2 was off the charts. Boston was off the charts.
    Seriously, the set up at Fenway was AWESOME! I was drinking those (kinda weak) vodka and lemonades, which also had stands on the field, and when I went back for seconds I mentioned how little alcohol there was and she said "Well, we always measure... but I'm looking out for you..." and needless to say THAT drink had very little lemonade and LOTS of vodka :D:D

And we had super nice people all around us and it was both CHILL AND ELECTRIC, which is so so hard to get both!
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    JH6056 said:

I couldn't agree more and I'm 6'2. I got lucky and landed second row dead center in front of EV from the Ten Club. I'd never get to see that vantage point because I would never wait all day and not have drinks and then battle everyone up front just to be close. At F2 I was front and center reserved. Had drinks saw the boys from just feet away and got a pick from EV. Fenway wins the battle of which setup was best.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Yeah, the access to alcohol on the floor made the Fenway 2 show extra special for me. Lol. I made 2 or 3 trips during the show (during the extra long songs, etc.). No lines at all. Lots of room between the sections, too - was able to rock out when I made the trip.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    I honestly think reserved seating helped make this show that more special. People were energetic and pumped instead of smelly and exhausted after sitting in a ga line for 40 plus hours.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41
    JH6056 said:

Couldn't agree more.....where were your seats? I have been trying to connect with people that were around us. We went Sunday and sat front row section A3....it was unreal!
    SimmZ
    DB15740 said:

Just checking back with you on any other pics or videos you may have? Please let me know and lets connect.
    SimmZ
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 380
    Is Fenway 2 going to be played on PJ radio (website, not Sirius) today? I saw somewhere 12 noon today, but wasn't sure. Getting my hopes up for an afternoon of working with my headphones on.
    Just downloaded Fenway 2 - so good!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    MKSNYC said:

It sounds that good?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 713
    mcgruff10 said:

I honestly think reserved seating helped make this show that more special. People were energetic and pumped instead of smelly and exhausted after sitting in a ga line for 40 plus hours.

agreed
    also, the sun going down from the start...the songs flowed as it got darker and the crowd did the same. it was so loud, i never felt like i was outside. just a huge night, thanks
    Randall's Island, NY 9-29-1996, MSGNYC 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSGNYC 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSGNYC 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18
    The fact that the weather and the sound were phenomenal (except for the few sections where you couldn't make out Ed's words when he was speaking) also just fed the magic beyond belief. I could NOT believe how good the sound was!
    Of the 4 ballpark shows I think Fenway 2 stands out - for me - at the top. Me and the Mrs watched all 4 online (via Periscope) which was better than nothing and this show stands out for me as great start to finish. I will probably buy the download of Wrigley 2 also but love F2!
    mcgruff10 said:

MKSNYC said:

It sounds that good?!
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Not even taking into consideration the time I had at Fenway 2 (amazing) I'm pretty sure that all 4 of these baseball park shows are going to be staples in my listening rotation as a set.
    I haven't even heard any of that National League shizzy yet, but the Fenway stuff I've been lucky enough to get my hands on, stellar..

Couple observations...This band has never sounded better. Mind You Manners has sort of morphed into a real sledgehammer feedback infused guitar crunch fest (AND MM's background vocals!!! nice job mcmelty !!)

The first time I heard Unthought Known I thought this is what music from the future sounds like, music that changed the way humans should feel about each other, like Wyld Stallyns in Bill and Ted. That song is aging perfectly. I'd love to see it as a show opener.

Draw the Line opened up a real can o worms....More new ass kicking covers please! Shake that shit up!
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    BOOTS are available in the shop
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    boot sounds so good! so great to relive this show in hd audio...i remember after the show, i was like, i don't even remember anything...boots are so awesome...this band is so awesome...this was the only band that I hunted illegal boots back in the day, remember that?

"alcohol related erections", lol...just effortless flow this show...love it
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    Sprung for the FLAC-HD files for the first time in my life. This show was incredible. Hands down one of the best shows I've ever seen by any band. So excited to listen back!
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
    stadium show with all that energy---outside...just a different type of beast of a show...no wonder I was so so sore for days after (i'm in pretty good shape too:)), lost my voice for about 4 days, and suffered post show depression like never before
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    is that Jeff playing "sweet emotion" at the end of lightning bolt...didn't notice that during the show
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    what a badass version of sirens...i can't believe people go to the bathroom for that song
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I've been in super fan mode ever since the end of this show that, a lot of reflecting and thinking about the glorious 25 years it's been on this wave!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    mcrok said:

is that Jeff playing "sweet emotion" at the end of lightning bolt...didn't notice that during the show

I forgot when but yes I def remember him doing that.
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    marcos said:

I've been in super fan mode ever since the end of this show that, a lot of reflecting and thinking about the glorious 25 years it's been on this wave!

Exactly. Same situation here.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
    SimmZ said:

DB15740 said:

Just checking back with you on any other pics or videos you may have? Please let me know and lets connect.
    thanks again for following up...I PM'd you my cell #, let me know if you got it alright
    SimmZ