*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    We were standing right next to the section for fans with disabilities. I'd already gone over to say hi to the sign language interpreters, and then I looked over a little later and they had the setlist right there on a lectern and were going over it, I guess planning who would do which songs. It was SO HARD not to look, yet not hard at all. I announced to everyone in my area "The setlist is over there - I had to tell you all so we could all collectively NOT look, but the pressure was too much for me to bear alone!" They all laughed, we all glanced, but NONE OF US actually went over to look or tried to read it. We all wanted to be surprised, although it's hard to not have burning curiosity when it's right there. It was also fun as fans to be a little group making a bit of a group decision "No, no, we want to be surprised!"
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627

nicknyr15 said:

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS.

LOVE REIGN.

the 2 songs i hoped for.

unforgettable night! more later! now for the 3.5 hour trek home!

since i'm having a case of post concert depression right now might as well update my "more later..."

i was lucky enough to win 10c tickets, my first time winning through the lottery. (thanks 10club!!) ended up in right field box 94, behind pesky's pole. guess that's what i get for being a yankee fan. :lol: i could still see the stage pretty well though. fenway park is absolutely beautiful. the people around us were cool too. to the couple with the 2 young boys sitting next to us and rocking out all night, you guys are awesome! raising them right. :smile:

what else is there to say about that setlist that someone hasn't said...i got my top 2 white whales in 1 show. amazing. when NAIS started in the 3 slot, i was in shock. missed my favorite song by 1 show not once, but twice, and to get it so early in the setlist was just incredible. i turned to my bf and said "if the show ended now i would be good!" it was true. :lol: and it just got better and better from there. crowd and band were so into it. you could tell how appreciative and humbled eddie was playing in this place. the atmosphere was really something else. tried to take it as much in as i could.

really, i could comment on every song. nothingman, animal, in hiding, not for you...immortality was AMAZING. mike absolutely ripped it! hell, even flow was fantastic! never get sick of that solo. deep is one of my favorites. what an awesome first set. second set even better. yellow moon is my favorite off LB. then ANGEL!!!, footsteps!, great betterman tag...loved hearing all of eddie's stories!

third set. smile. go. started off rocking, right? then when eddie mentions mr. boom gaspar...i knew it. those opening chords started and i lost my shit. i have goosebumps now reliving it. my other white whale, LOVE REIGN AT FENWAY!!! :heart: it's kind of embarrassing how much i cried while singing along, all the emotions that came over me...i can't put it into words. amazing. topped a already fantastic night off.

DTE > breath > alive to end it was great. i will never get sick of the singalong to alive. the bf and i ended up leaving during rockin' because we had a 4 hour ride home with work on monday. and we were both exhausted. my 5th and final show this year. between visiting boston and salem and obviously pj at fenway, last weekend was one of the greatest experiences of my life. thank you thank you thank you, pearl jam! i love this band!
    Hey !!!! Great review. My wife and I did something similar on Friday night. We left at the tail end of Baba to drive 4 hours back to Brooklyn! Got home around 3 went to work at 7AM. So worth it! Drive back Sunday morning and Had Monday off so we were able to stay in the venue until they kicked us out. What a night and an unforgettable weekend. Hoping for shows next year no matter where. I'll follow them anywhere.
    hey! thank you! and congrats on your front row seats, that's freaking amazing!! you're crazy for doing that drive twice in a few days though! haha. we booked a hotel about a half hour out of boston and came up friday night. did the tourist-y thing sat/sun.

absolutely hoping for more shows next year, just need to save up more money so i could travel farther than just ny/ma/ct to see them. :lol: sure i'll see y'all at a future show!
    We had no choice lol. I HAD to work on Saturday. But I'll do that drive 10 times to see them. It was worth every minute!
  • Anyone have an idea why Matt and Eddie started "Wooden Jesus" but stopped abruptly before they went into Breath? That would've been amazing!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627

Anyone have an idea why Matt and Eddie started "Wooden Jesus" but stopped abruptly before they went into Breath? That would've been amazing!

Fooling around while Jeff was getting the right bass if I remember correctly.
  • philzonereddyphilzonereddy NH, NY Posts: 117
    Poncier said:

In the past I would never spend that for a weekend , but I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma . It tends to be fatal, but I had a stem cell transplant last year and the cancer is undetectable. My future is uncertain, so I am having a spending spree lately

JH6056 said:

Nice I am always paranoid that I will get a fake ticket on the street from a stranger. The entire weekend cost came to $6500 , but I lived it up

I was A4 row 25 stub hub $700

Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

Have fun for those at wrigley. Maybe I'll be at some shows for PJ26 :smile:

I guess I shouldn't mention I got those tix the day of the show for face value :blush:
    Whoa, $6500.00 for a weekend?? I can't even wrap my mind around HAVING that much to spend, never mind actually spending it, in one weekend. But I guess people who have that kind of money are way used to dropping that on a single weekend? Holy cow!
    JH6056 said:

Nice I am always paranoid that I will get a fake ticket on the street from a stranger. The entire weekend cost came to $6500 , but I lived it up

Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

I guess I shouldn't mention I got those tix the day of the show for face value :blush:
    Whoa, $6500.00 for a weekend?? I can't even wrap my mind around HAVING that much to spend, never mind actually spending it, in one weekend. But I guess people who have that kind of money are way used to dropping that on a single weekend? Holy cow!
    JH6056 said:

May that cancer stay undetectable for many tours to come.
    ^THIS^

Keep fighting...
    Rochester, NY>The Haunt...Ithaca>Syracuse>Troy, NY

Upstate '91 Tour Alumni...the rest is history...
  • JmeiiiJmeiii Posts: 99
    edited August 2016
    This was my first show and, boy, did I pick a doozy. There are simply no words that could even come close to describing this, although we all try here. I did not have any "white whales" since, this being the first show, they were all white whales to me. That being said. I got to here one of my all time favorites: "Immortality". I nearly melted when it started. Then, of course, "Breath". Another all time favorite. It was all just so perfect. Had some great, considerate fellow 10c'rs beside me. Wouldn't have changed a thing. I can't wait until next time.
    Post edited by Jmeiii on
    Fenway Park: 8/7/2016
    Fenway Park: 9/2/2018
    Fenway Park: 9/4/2018
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    Jmeiii said:

This was my first show and, boy, did I pick a doozy. There are simply no words that could even come close to describing this, although we all try here. I did not have any "white whales" since, this being the first show, they were all white whales to me. That being said. I got to here one of my all time favorites: "Immortality". I nearly melted when it started. Then, of course, "Breath". Another all time favorite. It was all just so perfect. Had some great, considerate fellow 10c'rs beside me. Would have changed a thing. I can't wait until next time.

front row? :hang_loose:

02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• JmeiiiJmeiii Posts: 99
    Who I Am said:

Jmeiii said:

This was my first show and, boy, did I pick a doozy. There are simply no words that could even come close to describing this, although we all try here. I did not have any "white whales" since, this being the first show, they were all white whales to me. That being said. I got to here one of my all time favorites: "Immortality". I nearly melted when it started. Then, of course, "Breath". Another all time favorite. It was all just so perfect. Had some great, considerate fellow 10c'rs beside me. Would have changed a thing. I can't wait until next time.

front row? :hang_loose:

Oops. You caught my typo (since edited). Far from the front row, but I would have taken that :rock_on: . Honestly, I felt that I was lucky just to be there. I know that some people were shut out or simply couldn't make it. Thankful to have won in the lottery.
    Fenway Park: 8/7/2016
    Fenway Park: 9/2/2018
    Fenway Park: 9/4/2018
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    01. Pendulum - ALRIGHT!
    02. Off He Goes - HOLY SHIT!
    03. Nothing As It Seems - HOLY SHIT!!!
    04. Nothingman - HELL YEAH!
    05. Wishlist - ALRIGHT!
    06. Interstellar Overdrive - HOLY SHIT!
    07. Corduroy - HELL YEAH!
    08. Animal - HELL YEAH!!
    09. Hail, Hail - HELL YEAH!!
    10. Lightning Bolt - ALRIGHT!
    11. In Hiding - HOLY SHIT!!!
    12. Even Flow - ALRIGHT!!
    13. Sirens - ALRIGHT!
    14. Draw The Line - ALRIGHT!
    15. Lukin - HELL YEAH!!
    16. Not For You/Modern Girl - HELL YEAH!!!
    17. Immortality - HOLY SHIT!!!!
    18. Deep - HOLY SHIT!!!
    19. Jeremy - HELL YEAH!!!
    20. Unthought Known - HELL YEAH!
    21. Rearviewmirror - HELL YEAH!
    22. Yellow Moon - ALRIGHT
    23. Angel - HOLY SHIT!!!!!
    24. Footsteps - HOLY SHIT!!!!
    25. I Believe In Miracles - HELL YEAH!!
    26. Mind Your Manners - ALRIGHT!!
    27. Better Man/Save It For Later - HELL YEAH!
    28. Smile - HOLY SHIT!!!
    29. Go - HOLY SHIT!
    30. Love, Reign O’re Me - HOLY SHIT!
    31. Do The Evolution - HELL YEAH!
    32. Breath - HOLY SHIT!!!
    33. Alive - HELL YEAH!
    34. Rockin’ In The Free World - HELL YEAH!
    35. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner - HELL YEAH!
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Well, it's hard to explain how these shows made me feel.
    I travelled from the UK to Boston, I met friends, I explored a brilliant city, I saw my favourite band play in a special venue and I cried.
    You can look at setlists, you can watch on periscope to give you a sense but you have to be in that place, sharing that experience to know how good the show was.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Since 2010, I've seen some pretty highly regarded shows and have been lucky enough to have seen alot of rarities...
    Charlottesville, Leeds, Columbia, blah blah blah.
    This show blew all of them away, even from a distance, up off the field. It was so special on so many levels.
    I effing love this band.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Who I Am said:

01. Pendulum - ALRIGHT!
    02. Off He Goes - HOLY SHIT!
    03. Nothing As It Seems - HOLY SHIT!!!
    04. Nothingman - HELL YEAH!
    05. Wishlist - ALRIGHT!
    06. Interstellar Overdrive - HOLY SHIT!
    07. Corduroy - HELL YEAH!
    08. Animal - HELL YEAH!!
    09. Hail, Hail - HELL YEAH!!
    10. Lightning Bolt - ALRIGHT!
    11. In Hiding - HOLY SHIT!!!
    12. Even Flow - ALRIGHT!!
    13. Sirens - ALRIGHT!
    14. Draw The Line - ALRIGHT!
    15. Lukin - HELL YEAH!!
    16. Not For You/Modern Girl - HELL YEAH!!!
    17. Immortality - HOLY SHIT!!!!
    18. Deep - HOLY SHIT!!!
    19. Jeremy - HELL YEAH!!!
    20. Unthought Known - HELL YEAH!
    21. Rearviewmirror - HELL YEAH!
    22. Yellow Moon - ALRIGHT
    23. Angel - HOLY SHIT!!!!!
    24. Footsteps - HOLY SHIT!!!!
    25. I Believe In Miracles - HELL YEAH!!
    26. Mind Your Manners - ALRIGHT!!
    27. Better Man/Save It For Later - HELL YEAH!
    28. Smile - HOLY SHIT!!!
    29. Go - HOLY SHIT!
    30. Love, Reign O’re Me - HOLY SHIT!
    31. Do The Evolution - HELL YEAH!
    32. Breath - HOLY SHIT!!!
    33. Alive - HELL YEAH!
    34. Rockin’ In The Free World - HELL YEAH!
    35. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner - HELL YEAH!

My feelings exactly
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • MYMMYM Austin, TX Posts: 180
    lol...came in to post here after writing in Night 1 and read "Who Am I"....the thread could begin and end with that.

This concert was practically perfect.
    I'm with the "I like Porch and Given to Fly, but it was nice to have them shelved for the night" crowd.

I was shocked when time after time, songs that I had hoped to hear, but did not expect were played:
    Animal, Sirens, Lukin, Deep, Unthought Known, Footsteps, Smile, Love Reign..... seriously, had the set list included 3 of them, I'd have been elated...but all eight?!

Had they not scratched Come Back/Parachutes, I'd have sworn that Ed was reading my mind when he made the set list.

Simply put, this concert was a dream come true. Days later and I'm still speechless.
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Sitting at my desk all week wondering how work even matters. Haven't felt like this since after MSG 2 10. Immortality was the turning point when all hell broke loose.
  • mdevitremdevitre Los Angeles Posts: 26
    I'm with you Penny! Glad to see other LA'ers here who went - best PJ trip (except for when I went to Seattle for the opening of the no code tour and got my way into the Showbox a couple of nights before!) - but epic epic shows that have made my week quite a happy one!
    [X]  Ventura, California (May 12, 1992)
    [X]  Las Vegas, Nevada (December 01, 1993)
    [X]  Mountain View, California (October 01, 1994)
    [X]  San Diego, California (November 06, 1995)
    [X]  Seattle, Washington (September 14, 1996)
    [X]  Seattle, Washington (September 16, 1996)
    [X]  San Diego, California (July 10, 1998)
    [X]  Great Western Forum (July 13, 1998)
    [X]  Inglewood, California (July 14, 1998)
    [X]  Las Vegas, Nevada (October 22, 2000)
    [X]  Los Angeles, California (October 24, 2000)
    [X]  San Diego, California (October 25, 2000)
    [X]  Irvine, California (June 02, 2003)
    [X]  San Diego, California (June 05, 2003)
    [X]  Los Angeles, California (July 09, 2006)
    [X]  Hollywood, California (July 12, 2006)
    [X]  Santa Barbara, California (July 13, 2006)
    [X]  Universal City, California (September 30, 2009)
    [X]  Gibson Amphitheater (October 07, 2009)
    [X]  Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    [X]  Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    [X]  Greenville (April 16, 2016)
    [X]  Boston 1 (August 05, 2016)
    [X]  Boston 2 (August 07, 2016)
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 513
    Fenway shows were my 11th and 12th. My wife asked me after Friday what my favorite show was so far. I had no idea, too hard to say definitively. Hartford 2013? Worcester 1 2013?

After Sunday, the answer was easy: Fenway 2 was incredible. After about 4 songs I said to her, "this is a Ten Club show". And wow..... Was it ever.
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    I can't think about anything clearly since this past weekend. I just want it to be last Thursday again, anticipating these shows.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Night 2 was a mixed bag for me. The actual show is a huge component of a concert, of course, but there are other factors that can add or detract from the show. The fans around us night 2 unfortunately detracted. I did my best to enjoy my own show and not let it bother me--and I did a pretty good job of that if I do say so myself. But truly wish we were surrounded by some other people.

I'll speak to that first, and then end on the good--the actual show itself (and WOW!!!). We were 5th row on the 3rd base line--really great seats! Continuous chain smoking from more than one person directly in front and behind us made for some discomfort--my bf was even nauseous from all the smoke at one point. Of course, it's an outdoor rock concert, comes with the territory--but I did feel it was particularly excessive, and could have been done more respectfully (such as blown the smoke in the air the direction of the wind instead of our faces). Then, the guy behind us. First, he found the leaked setlist and was reading it WORD FOR WORD before the show--we stopped him on that one. He was screaming the entire night--mostly 'FUUUUCK' every 30 seconds. He spilled beer on multiple people, including myself and my bf, and was knocking into people as well.

As for the show--absolutely unreal, yet again. Night 1 was such a high note, and Night 2 delivered the perfect cap to the weekend!! After not hearing Pendulum open shows for a while, it was nice to hear it again, although I do love it in the encore! Off He Goes was particularly cool to hear in the song 2 spot! And I've been listening to it a ton lately (LO2L version is so gorgeous)--I just love it. NAIS to follow was a dream. I closed my eyes and was taken away--such a special song. In Hiding and Immortality were highlights of the weekend for me--two of my all time favorite songs in the same show was such a treat! Two other songs where I'm whisked away to another world. Not For You was great to hear as well--I had a feeling it would be played, and happy it did! Deep was a nice touch, still packs a punch after all these years. Angel in the encore, even though admittedly not a favorite of mine, was awesome--I can't believe it's been brought back! Footsteps, I Believe In Miracles--two songs at the end of the loudness spectrum, but two songs that I always enjoy live. I don't think I'd heard I Believe In Miracles since MSG 2010, and I had a blast bouncing around to that. Love Reign O'er Me and Breath were perfect in encore 2, and some of my most memorable moments of the night. So many amazing song choices these two shows. This band is the best. I can't thank them enough for making these two Fenway shows so very special. We are so lucky!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Fenway 2 was fantastic. Got Sec A4 Row 3 just like old times. Sat next to Brian who wrote the Amsterdam set list. I went with a co-worker who is from Boston and has seen over 300 games at Fenway. My friend was treated to the concert of a lifetime which celebrated music and baseball and it was his first time seeing the band. Seeing Angel was great. Seeing Matt's son play guitar was touching. This band is at the height of their powers. To be at Fenway and up close was a an honor and is greatly appreciated. This show will stand for 30 years as one to remember for all who attended. Long live Pearl Jam!
  • jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75
    edited August 2016

jkalman said:

Night one was a little lackluster. Night two more than made up for it. Super solid and intense energy. It may be at the top of my list of shows, except at MSG night 2 I got the mic during Even Flow. Plus, I got it on video. Not sure anything will beat that for me.

No offense bro...but if that's you...that was rough...haha..
    Haha! Yeah. It was bad. I blew my voice out between the two Philly shows and the first MSG show. Second night at Fenway I blew it out again. I literally can't speak still in the mid and high ranges from Sunday. It's actually me and the guy in front of me who appeared to have come from South America for the show.
    Post edited by jkalman on
  • pjamphilpjamphil Toms River Posts: 17
    Amazing show! Definitely appreciated the slow opening when they followed up big time. I was at Wrigley but damn this blew it out of the water. I believe in miracles!
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41
    marcPJfan said:
    These pics are great! Is there a way to get in touch with the photographer or is the photographer you? There is a pic from night 2 where I am holding the tambourine that Ed threw to me. Would love to see if he got others near our section, front row A3. Please let me know....so great and the show was amazing! I Believe in Miracles!!
    SimmZ
  • ragejoe said:

drkrdglo said:

The energy they brought to this show was unreal. I feel like every PJ show I end the night saying, "Best show yet!" This show was no exception. Eddie's voice on Love Reign O'er me was unbelievable. The guys clearly found the fountain of youth, but are keeping its secrets to themselves! As a comparison -- listen to boots from 2000 then listen to the guys today -- they blow their past selves out of the water (yes, I know they were going through some shit back then... Boy are we some lucky fans!).

I just... I walked in tonight hoping they would match The feeling of Friday night honestly... I really genuinely didn't know they were going to play one of their greatest shows of all time tonight... tonight was my 40 th show and it was right there with Mansfield 03, the Spectrum shows and all the past great MSG shows... I can't believe they played 3 hours and 15 minutes and they had multiple songs crossed off set list again... Jesus Christ how much more did they want to play!? Haha

The crowd was really good Friday but tonight the energy was unreal tonight and I've never seen the band and Ed specifically so happy to be playing some where ... I'm sure Wrigley will be the same

I loved the covers they played on Friday night but the overall set Ed put together tonight was insane... the last 45 minutes of the main set was phenomenal. Felt like it had been so long since I got Not For You and Immortality, to get them back to back was fucking awesome! Breath in 2nd encore was very cool and I think Corduroy won the honor of most intense crowd feeling of the 2 shows I think, it was insane both nights

Never would have thought I'd ever get to hear Angel live... or Strangest Tribe for that matter... nor did I ever think they would cover Aerosmith! I'm glad they didn't bite on sweet Caroline

Unbelievable feeling driving home right now Thank you to 10c for great seats both nights B5/B3 and I have to say sat next to the best group of fans both nights!

Sorry this is long and over excited... but this is really one of their best... memorable night. Thank you Pearl Jam as always!

I completely agree. FW 2 was my can't even count how may show and I'm still convinced its the best ever. FW 1 was also amazing and it does always come down to your immediate section in some little way but, wow!!! Ever since I heard they played Angel at Telluride I've been telling my brother we were getting it at FW. Seems like I've waited my whole life to be there for that. My brother also won the raffle for the HOB showing between shows and that was really fun as well. Just an amazing weekend. Still just completely buzzing and it feels like there is no way I have my voice back in time for Wrigley.
    Mark-lifer-Prokop
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    UPDATED: I just wanted to share my pics from the weekend. Sure wish it was a week ago and we were all preparing for the weekend instead of going through withdrawals. *Sigh*.....

https://flic.kr/s/aHskEm2Syd
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Yeah I saw someone in my section getting twi-fed the setlist on but thankfully he kept that shit to himself.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018

UPDATED: I just wanted to share my pics from the weekend. Sure wish it was a week ago and we were all preparing for the weekend instead of going through withdrawals. *Sigh*.....

These are great! Do you have any more? I was just to the right of you on Sunday #night2, sec A3, front row and am looking for pictures during "Rockin in the Free World", It was my birthday and I caught a tambourine from Eddie as he went to his left on stage. Please let me know and we can connect. He wore my wife's shades during "Breath" as well and tossed them back to us. It was unreal. "I Believe In Miracles"
    SimmZ
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702
    Tiki said:

Yeah I saw someone in my section getting twi-fed the setlist on but thankfully he kept that shit to himself.

I accidentally saw the setlist on someone's phone. It was just the second encore but I was a little bummed out considering I avoided spoilers the rest of the weekend.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Drdeal said:

Fenway 2 was fantastic. Got Sec A4 Row 3 just like old times. Sat next to Brian who wrote the Amsterdam set list. I went with a co-worker who is from Boston and has seen over 300 games at Fenway. My friend was treated to the concert of a lifetime which celebrated music and baseball and it was his first time seeing the band. Seeing Angel was great. Seeing Matt's son play guitar was touching. This band is at the height of their powers. To be at Fenway and up close was a an honor and is greatly appreciated. This show will stand for 30 years as one to remember for all who attended. Long live Pearl Jam!

So great and I agree! It is now my #1! We sat front row, sec A3 to your right. It was my birthday and unreal to be row 1. Crazy and I caught the 2nd tambourine that Eddie tossed out during Rockin in the Free World. I am looking for video or pictures, as at that point my phone was all full with no memory. You wouldn't happen to have any pics, or know someone that you were with have any during this song? Please let me know and we can connect.
    SimmZ
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    SimmZ said:

These are great! Do you have any more? I was just to the right of you on Sunday #night2, sec A3, front row and am looking for pictures during "Rockin in the Free World", It was my birthday and I caught a tambourine from Eddie as he went to his left on stage. Please let me know and we can connect. He wore my wife's shades during "Breath" as well and tossed them back to us. It was unreal. "I Believe In Miracles"
    Thanks!! This is all I grabbed. Lots of others I took came out blurry. These were the best ones. I'll take a look later and see if I grabbed any at that point of the show that may have you in them.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
    marcPJfan said:
    These are great! Thank you so much! Do you have any others? One of the last ones you have from Night 2 is my arm holding up the tambourine that Eddie tossed to me during "Rockin in the Free World". My wife is putting up the peace sign to my left. We were sec A3, front row and am looking for pictures during "Rockin in the Free World",if you have any others. It was my birthday and I caught a tambourine as Ed went to his left on stage. Please let me know and we can connect. He wore my wife's shades during "Breath" as well and tossed them back to us. It was unreal. "I Believe In Miracles"
    SimmZ