*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• Daughter5Daughter5 Mass Posts: 38
    I went to the House Of Blues and saw the show the night before. I am so thrilled I was at Sunday nights show!!! I've seen them many times but this by far was the best ever, still have goose bumps LOL. WE ROCKED BOSTON WITH PEARL JAM SUNDAY NIGHT!!!
  • Daughter5Daughter5 Mass Posts: 38

I do not ever add gas to a fire but I am sitting in my hotel room right now say WTF just happened.!!! That was amazing. Almost beat Randalls Island in 96. Thanks PJ for making memories.

ski-bum said:

HOLY SHIT
    What the hell just happened?
    I was finally at a classic.
    Sorry, That just destroyed Friday night

I sat on The bed feeling the same way, Today is Thursday still feeling on fire : )
  • jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75
    Daughter5 said:

I do not ever add gas to a fire but I am sitting in my hotel room right now say WTF just happened.!!! That was amazing. Almost beat Randalls Island in 96. Thanks PJ for making memories.

ski-bum said:

HOLY SHIT
    What the hell just happened?
    I was finally at a classic.
    Sorry, That just destroyed Friday night

I sat on The bed feeling the same way, Today is Thursday still feeling on fire : )
    Yeah. Feeling post partum show depression myself.

Us fans help with the show. We feed on each other and the band feeds on us. I spent much of my show actively engaging the people around my seating area, or wherever I went during the show, to sing. We shook that stadium.

First night was historic because it's the first time they were at Fenway. I chalk up a lot of the lackluster on that first night to the stress the band felt for that historic moment and for all the special guests. I think they weren't ready for the sound issues from the green wall either. Eddies voice was cracking, the band was missing notes and beats. The first set in particular they struggled off and on to stabilize. I still enjoyed it. And, as a tour head with the Grateful Dead, I can say, even a bad night for PJ is exponentially better than a bad night for the dead. Fans of bands sometimes have a tendency to be blindsided by their enthusiasm. I'm happy to be there either way. I just call it as I hear it. I also think that Saturday draws a more diverse crowd while Sunday would draw more of the bands hard core fans. That's why I focused my Ten Club choice with Sunday as the first pick.

Still figuring out if I'll go to Wrigley's or not. So much to do. Not sure I can go another year or so without a show since they've been alternating years. I'll have to figure things out.
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41

SimmZ said:

UPDATED: I just wanted to share my pics from the weekend. Sure wish it was a week ago and we were all preparing for the weekend instead of going through withdrawals. *Sigh*.....

https://flic.kr/s/aHskEm2Syd

These are great! Do you have any more? I was just to the right of you on Sunday #night2, sec A3, front row and am looking for pictures during "Rockin in the Free World", It was my birthday and I caught a tambourine from Eddie as he went to his left on stage. Please let me know and we can connect. He wore my wife's shades during "Breath" as well and tossed them back to us. It was unreal. "I Believe In Miracles"
    Thanks!! This is all I grabbed. Lots of others I took came out blurry. These were the best ones. I'll take a look later and see if I grabbed any at that point of the show that may have you in them.
    Awesome, I appreciate it!!! Yeah, please let me know.
    SimmZ
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Tiki said:

Yeah I saw someone in my section getting twi-fed the setlist on but thankfully he kept that shit to himself.

...it didn't hurt the fact that shit was way too small for me to read without my add on specs (a problem pretty rampant in that audience) seeing as we're all OLD AF.....it all worked out.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    jkalman said:

Yeah. Feeling post partum show depression myself.

Us fans help with the show. We feed on each other and the band feeds on us. I spent much of my show actively engaging the people around my seating area, or wherever I went during the show, to sing. We shook that stadium.

The post show depression is real. In recent years, I'm either one or the other:

"I have tickets for an upcoming Pearl Jam Show" or
    "I don't have any Pearl Jam tickets right now"

Currently I'm in the latter category. The depression hasn't set in yet, because I'm still riding the high from the weekend, but I'll come down soon. (TOTD in Philly will help stave off that depression, but come mid-November I'll be scouring the 2017 Tour Rumors thread looking for any glimmer of hope)

RE: Crowd & Band energy:

Sunday night was a night where you can't tell who's feeding off of whom more. The only other time I saw something comparable was Hartford '13. In that bootleg you can hear Eddie say "This isn't normal" and he wasn't just paying lip service...... Something special happened that night between the band & the audience, and it happened again at Fenway on Sunday. It's hard to describe, but anyone who was at either of those shows knows what I'm talking about.
  • mikerl said:

I can't think about anything clearly since this past weekend. I just want it to be last Thursday again, anticipating these shows.

This. So much. I haven't been able to write a review I'm in denial that it's over. Who I Am kinda sums it up though lol. And getting to experience it with my mom...priceless.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    by the way, it took 57 shows but I finally heard interstellar overdrive live. It was well worth the wait! fucking amazing!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Yea, some serious post show depression going on here. I normally don't feel this down after a couple of shows, it's generally been bad after a string of like 5-6 shows but man, been going through the motions at work and it's been rough. Thank god tomorrow's Friday.
  • JI658763JI658763 Posts: 19
    cured my post show depression by getting tickets for Wrigley today!!!
    Cincy 2014
    Philly II 2016 (The Ten show)
    Fenway Paak Night #2 (Aug 7th 2016)
    Wrigley#1 (Aug 20th 2016)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me!
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702
    Suziemay said:

Yea, some serious post show depression going on here. I normally don't feel this down after a couple of shows, it's generally been bad after a string of like 5-6 shows but man, been going through the motions at work and it's been rough. Thank god tomorrow's Friday.

I feel it too. We're crazy! :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304

Suziemay said:

I feel it too. We're crazy! :lol:
    I'm in the same boat, lol!
    The only thing that's keeping it from being full blown is having Temple Of the Dog tickets, hahaha!
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    JI658763 said:

Perfect antidote.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • JI658763 said:

I too have just got tickets.
    Way out there in 515

I don't think I'll ever get seats better than what I got for Fenway 2.
    Turf B5
    Row 1
    Thanks 10c for the second chance sale earlier in the week!

Saw Breath 3 times this year!!!
    Best Back to Back shows I've seen
    2010 - Boston
    2011 - Alpine 1 & 2 --- EV - Providence & Boston - Tres Mts - Boston
    2012 - Missoula
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Worcester 1 & 2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    2014 - Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016 - Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, New York City 1, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,767
    Suziemay said:

I have something like the...opposite? I'm not sure. I think it's "phantom excitement". Like amputees feel a phantom limb? A week ago, I was excited for the HOB party and Sunday, and then my wife e-mailed that she had bough tickets to the Friday show. I was pretty giddy the rest of the day, and not very productive (very nearly took a half day, but my wife had just worked an overnight, and needed to sleep before the show). Now, I'm thinking back on that, and feeling that same excitement building up inside, but there's nothing going on this weekend. Well, except some rest for my still tired feet.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    Big time post show depression. Wrigley is an impossibility due to work and it's killing me.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702
    nicknyr15 said:

Big time post show depression. Wrigley is an impossibility due to work and it's killing me.

I'm just looking forward to the boots and all the vinyl that's been preordered (pj vault #6, TMR vault #29, no code, yield, TOTD, MLB.... It's crazy!!!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Loved both shows. really cool set lists. Night one did have a lot of covers. My 37th and 38th shows. Keeping with tradition at Mass shows they played the super rare Strangest Tribe night 1 and Angel night 2. In 13 at Worcester we got Fatal night 1 and Other Side night 2 . In 10 we got Undone and back in 08 they did Education. I enjoy the rare songs but I do feel that 90% of the crowd has no idea when they do these songs. Can't make Wrigley so might be a while until I see them again. Overall a great experience.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    There was a surprising amount of head scratching in my section during Angel, and that Ramones tune.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    SimmZ said:

marcPJfan said:
    These are great! Thank you so much! Do you have any others? One of the last ones you have from Night 2 is my arm holding up the tambourine that Eddie tossed to me during "Rockin in the Free World". My wife is putting up the peace sign to my left. We were sec A3, front row and am looking for pictures during "Rockin in the Free World",if you have any others. It was my birthday and I caught a tambourine as Ed went to his left on stage. Please let me know and we can connect. He wore my wife's shades during "Breath" as well and tossed them back to us. It was unreal. "I Believe In Miracles"
    I was 2 rows behind you in a Jays cap. No pics of you but can confirm that you had a pretty good time.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41

SimmZ said:

marcPJfan said:
    These are great! Thank you so much! Do you have any others? One of the last ones you have from Night 2 is my arm holding up the tambourine that Eddie tossed to me during "Rockin in the Free World". My wife is putting up the peace sign to my left. We were sec A3, front row and am looking for pictures during "Rockin in the Free World",if you have any others. It was my birthday and I caught a tambourine as Ed went to his left on stage. Please let me know and we can connect. He wore my wife's shades during "Breath" as well and tossed them back to us. It was unreal. "I Believe In Miracles"
    I was 2 rows behind you in a Jays cap. No pics of you but can confirm that you had a pretty good time.
    Awesome, I remember you!! I remember the hat! That's great....it was an unreal time! Thank you! One of the dudes in front of you got a pic of us on his phone, and it was too crazy to think of having him text it to me. If you connect with anyone else that was around us, let me know! Great show!
    SimmZ
  • Been feeling that depression all week. Made it to both shows plus HOB, partied (too?) hard on Sunday. Surprised they let me board the plane back to Montreal on Monday morning. Have tickets for Fenway but if I go, divorce procedures will certainly get filed while I'm there... So it's a no go.
    I'm wondering how these Fenway shows will be seen in 25 years. I mean Sunday night was purely incredible (Friday no less good, but just missing that extra magic probably due to the fact that a lot of people went just after work or had just arrived in town). I have the feeling that our kids and grandkids will consider us so lucky to having been there.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Amazing show, I was only able to be at FW2 so I can't compare to first night.

Slow opening= Aweome! Never seen NAIS live, me and the guy next to me were blown away.

In Hiding= In my top 3 songs, so pumped to hear it.

Deep= was it just me or was this song super Intense with the crowd? I was in my own world jamming out to this one. It seemed so much harder/better than hearing it at an indoor venue.

Love Reign= first time hearing it live, had goosebumps the whole song.

Yellow/Star banner= FUCKING AMAZING. USA chants in my section put the cherry on top.

I was in Lodge seat 162 Mikes side.

See you in Wrigley!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    edited August 2016
    A video montage I put together from Sunday. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/91j9t7e519Y
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    dkast85 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dkast85 said:

cjorea said:

What an absolutely wonderful two days of music. From the beautiful, meticulously crafted setlists, the enthusiastic and energetic performances, the genuine interest in both music and fans. Pure awesome.

Thes shows were 50+ for me, and 5-6 for my sister, and they were an absolute treat...

I'd go as far as to say epic, although I generally dislike the term unless it is being used by some wannabe hippy Phish fan recounting (in perhaps the only way he/she can) the exctacsy driven coma they experienced during Tweezer Reprise into 2001...

However, they were in fact epic.

To be a little more precise, those shows were 25 years in the making, and were collectively filled to the brim with whatever anyone could expect or want from Pearl Jam.

And to be honest, so much more - standing on the field at Fenway, watching PJ under the shadow of the green monster?!?!?

Maybe its better to write something along the lines of these shows were good, but could have been better, and the band has a lot of work ahead of itself in preparing for the upcoming Wrigley Field performances... the next 12 days better be spent fine tuning their craft..., but there's nothing really to say:

Jeff, Mike, Matt, Boom, Eddie, and Stone ABSOLUTELY rocked Fenway.

On behalf of my sister and I, thank you... to the people behind the scenes, to the band itself, to our (mostly:) wonderful neighbors in the ADA section - thank you thank you thank you.

lol at your "epic" comment as it goes for Phish fans. PJ fans are the ones that overuse that words. Every single show is "Amazing!" All people do with PJ is look at the setlist and they say it is EPIC! The only time i've ever heard PJ fans be critical of a show is MSG n2 this year. Seems like PJ generally plays the same show each night and last night was special because they challenged themselves by ditching Given to Fly and Porch as I said earlier. At least Phish challenges themselves every single night by trying new things every time they hit the stage. PJ, while amazing, is just canned music opened up on stage.
    Lol, why are you a paying member of PJ's fan club then?
    Because PJ puts on the best rock show ever. Just because I think the fans can be dumb (and only care about merch) doesn't take away from how awesome PJ is.
    I've seen Phish. It sucked IMO. Every song sounded the same. Crowd was okay though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mdevitremdevitre Los Angeles Posts: 26
    Every morning this week, I played Pendulum in the car and got a little lost into it and back at the beginning of Fenway 2 realizing that when that was actually happening, I got that feeling - here we go.
    [X]  Ventura, California (May 12, 1992)
    [X]  Las Vegas, Nevada (December 01, 1993)
    [X]  Mountain View, California (October 01, 1994)
    [X]  San Diego, California (November 06, 1995)
    [X]  Seattle, Washington (September 14, 1996)
    [X]  Seattle, Washington (September 16, 1996)
    [X]  San Diego, California (July 10, 1998)
    [X]  Great Western Forum (July 13, 1998)
    [X]  Inglewood, California (July 14, 1998)
    [X]  Las Vegas, Nevada (October 22, 2000)
    [X]  Los Angeles, California (October 24, 2000)
    [X]  San Diego, California (October 25, 2000)
    [X]  Irvine, California (June 02, 2003)
    [X]  San Diego, California (June 05, 2003)
    [X]  Los Angeles, California (July 09, 2006)
    [X]  Hollywood, California (July 12, 2006)
    [X]  Santa Barbara, California (July 13, 2006)
    [X]  Universal City, California (September 30, 2009)
    [X]  Gibson Amphitheater (October 07, 2009)
    [X]  Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    [X]  Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    [X]  Greenville (April 16, 2016)
    [X]  Boston 1 (August 05, 2016)
    [X]  Boston 2 (August 07, 2016)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,768
    Poncier said:

In the past I would never spend that for a weekend , but I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma . It tends to be fatal, but I had a stem cell transplant last year and the cancer is undetectable. My future is uncertain, so I am having a spending spree lately

JH6056 said:

Nice I am always paranoid that I will get a fake ticket on the street from a stranger. The entire weekend cost came to $6500 , but I lived it up

I was A4 row 25 stub hub $700

Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

Have fun for those at wrigley. Maybe I'll be at some shows for PJ26 :smile:

I guess I shouldn't mention I got those tix the day of the show for face value :blush:
    Whoa, $6500.00 for a weekend?? I can't even wrap my mind around HAVING that much to spend, never mind actually spending it, in one weekend. But I guess people who have that kind of money are way used to dropping that on a single weekend? Holy cow!
    JH6056 said:

Nice I am always paranoid that I will get a fake ticket on the street from a stranger. The entire weekend cost came to $6500 , but I lived it up

Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

I guess I shouldn't mention I got those tix the day of the show for face value :blush:
    Whoa, $6500.00 for a weekend?? I can't even wrap my mind around HAVING that much to spend, never mind actually spending it, in one weekend. But I guess people who have that kind of money are way used to dropping that on a single weekend? Holy cow!
    JH6056 said:

May that cancer stay undetectable for many tours to come.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2016
    Only just now getting to really sit down and reflect...

Fenway 2 was my 1st choice in all the ballpark lotteries, and also the only show I got tix for. I was grateful to be going at all, and in the end it's probably all I could swing anyway.

Had a great friend (and PJ fan but not involved - yet! - in fan community) in Boston who hosted my husband, kiddo and me, and she had a bunch of my Boston friends and other people over Fri night so missing Fenway 1 didn't sting so badly at all.

Sat took same friend to HOB, and while it was fantastic because in some ways it was her first and only PJ show (even though it was a film), it also meant I didn't do as much serious fan-connecting and hanging out, which I would have done if I'd gone alone or with my little sister (who's been a PJ fan all 25 yrs). But still... HOB was awesome and I did leave feeling like I"d gotten to see Fenway 1 as well. That Masters of War version...DAMN IT WAS GOOD! I also enjoyed the VERY casual filmmaker Q&A (I think the other film crew folks had access to an open bar at HOB! :) ) But there was some good info in there about their process, and that main guy's history (blanking on his name). He's basically worked with 3 of my top 5 ever live bands: PJ, Radiohead and REM. Not a bad resume, no, not bad at all!!

When we picked up our tix for Fenway 2 I didn't know what to expect.... I'd only sort of followed the seat location threads and I knew my number was up there enough that I couldn't expect total miracles but I was hopeful. Well, now I know what winning the lottery is like, literally - couldn't believe it when I saw our seats and they were Row 1 in a front section!!! We were way over on a side, but it was still front row, still the rail, and still UNBELIEVABLE AND AMAZING!! I've been lucky, I've been on the rail/in the very front for a few phenomenal shows, like my 1st ever ('93, so close to Ed I coulda tied his laces together), both Gorges '96, a Boston '08 (Gorges & Boston on my sister's fanclub#), and now Fenway 2. They were all "another galaxy" amazing, seriously, but this was so special! 25 yrs of being a band, with my 23 yrs of being a fan... just wow and more wow.

My husband's always been tolerant of my PJ obsession but didn't understand. I swore after '13 shows that he was coming with me to my next PJ show, so he came along, and he's now seen the light, he drank the kool-aid, he GETS IT! He jokes he still won't travel more than 10 mile radius from home to see them, but I think I can drag him much more easily next time ;)

I for one was really happy to have Pendulum as an opener, because I saw 2 shows on the LB tour and I really loved it then. NAIS 2nd song?? It's ON! And as you all know it just got better and better from there. Was kind of wishing for a "no repeat" show other than Evenflow/Jeremy and Alive (cuz I know those are almost mandatory), but the setlist was so amazing and flowed so well, really can't complain at all and actually, all I can do is rave! Corduroy just had something extra both nights; Hail Hail, Lightning Bolt (probably my favorite song off LB); In Hiding; IMMORTALITY YESSSSS! Deep, Unthought Known, RVM... breathless! Then Angel, Footsteps, and I Believe in Miracles stood out in 2nd set!! Encore 2: Smile, Go, just unbelievable. Then LOVE REIGN O'ER ME!!!! Called it from literally the 1st Boom note... Saw it in the Vic in Chicago way back when (9 yrs ago already!)... overjoyed to hear it again! BREATH!!! And always love Rockin' In the Free World - so much so that when I finally saw Crosby, Stills Nash and Young the 1st time, at first that song didn't sound right, I actually for a split second thought "Tthey're covering PJ!!" but then my actual knowledge of music came back and I enjoyed Neil & CSY doing it :) And the Star Spangled Banner was just fire!

So yeah, it was all too amazing!

One lesson learned though: don't have such a good time and relish reading reviews so much you LEAVE YOUR POSTER TUBE WITH **TWO** FENWAY POSTERS IN IT ON THE TRAIN from Airport IN YOUR HOME CITY!!!! Still can't believe I was so stupid, realized it as soon as the train started pulling away but it was too late :(

All in all though, a magical weekend, so much thanks to Pearl Jam & TenClub, our amazing hosts while we were there, the people who totally last minute contacted us and babysat our 7 yr old who we were going to bring (and may well have had to leave early with). Thanks to my husband who has been so patient with my music and live show cravings, and who had a fantastic time himself and fully admits that PJ are as talented as I say they are. And thanks to the fellow fans and very nice security at Fenway who made our little area feel like a community!!

It was ALL SO AMAZING!!!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Yeah ... When I walked by those seats on Friday I thought here is where I want to sit on Sunday. Ended up A4 row 25

JI658763 said:

I too have just got tickets.
    Way out there in 515

I don't think I'll ever get seats better than what I got for Fenway 2.
    Turf B5
    Row 1
    Thanks 10c for the second chance sale earlier in the week!

Saw Breath 3 times this year!!!
    Best Back to Back shows I've seen
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    MP59559 said:

Suziemay said:

I have something like the...opposite? I'm not sure. I think it's "phantom excitement". Like amputees feel a phantom limb? A week ago, I was excited for the HOB party and Sunday, and then my wife e-mailed that she had bough tickets to the Friday show. I was pretty giddy the rest of the day, and not very productive (very nearly took a half day, but my wife had just worked an overnight, and needed to sleep before the show). Now, I'm thinking back on that, and feeling that same excitement building up inside, but there's nothing going on this weekend. Well, except some rest for my still tired feet.
    lol. Well, now I have a bit of a nervous excitement building up. Excitement because I just decided I'm going to go to Wrigley 1. Nervous because really?!? Am I really going to spend all this money last minute and the best ticket I may be able to get may only allow me to see the band from far away? I hate stadium shows! I haven't bought my plane ticket yet (that's gonna seal the deal) but gonna figure this out tonight.

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: