Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited June 2016

One thing is certain Trump is def a pathological liar !!

Well he will be the more honest of the 2.
    Yeah I almost appreciate how shameless Trump's lying is considering how cunning and devious Hillary can be. Trump can get called out on a lie, deny it, look stupid doing it, and that's that. Hilary will get a team of mercenaries working around the clock to discredit whoever calls her out on lie.
    Really so you want a POTUS that just straight up lies about everything in other words you trust him with the nuclear arsenal at his disposal !!
    I'm working on a memo for a court hearing at work right now and punctuation is key. You mean....

"Really? So you want a POTUS that just straight-up lies about everything? In other words, you trust him with the nuclear arsenal at his disposal?!?!"

And my answer to that is "no." Remember, some of us are just enjoying the shitshow with Trump.

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    inmyNC said:

mrussel1 said:

^^I wonder what's 'not working' in this country? Which country achieves a higher standard of living where we want to aspire to that political and economic system. "InmyNC", which country is your model that does it better than us? All I hear is complaining about this country, but the standard of living is pretty fucking high, comparative to the rest of the world and certainly in historical context.

You are right this country has a good standard of living. Better then most. But there are many kinks that need to be worked out. For example, the health care system. The affordable care act has made many not so financially stable folks able to get coverage, but many middle class citizens still pay very high premiums. In my case the premiums have exceeded my mortgage payment yet I have no claims other then a standard physical. This affordable care act is great for many but caused increases to others. This act had some good in it but I feel it never really attacked the source of the cost. I'm not against the ACA, but I think some tweeking is in order. Another issue I see is education. Since the birth of the dept. Of education during the Carter administration tuitions in some cases have risen 300%. This has made college education a burden to many with years of debt. These are just two issues that our recent past and present politicians fail to take action upon.
    I'm not sure that ACA has caused the increase in premiums, as the curves seem to be on the same path they've been on since 2000. But I agree with what you are saying that the source needs to be attacked. Your point on tuition is a good one, but I'm not sure that it started in the 70's. My undergrad credits at a FL state university were $35 per undergrad and $65 per grad. I wetn to school in 91. That's reasonable. They are wholly unreasonable now and what pisses me off most about Sanders and Warren. They are blaming Sallie Mae./Navient for student loans? WTF? They didn't choose to go to Dennison College for 50k per year for a liberal arts degree. Who the fuck does that? Of course you're broke.

Anyway, you get my point and I get yours. I'm sick of all the boo hooing like we are living in this piece of shit country where that's not even close to being the case. But we need improvement and that's why I'm a 'progressive'... We move progressively forward without disrupting the markets as best we can. Other points are also true , that politicians always act like we suck, that's how they get elected.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300

Yeah I almost appreciate how shameless Trump's lying is considering how cunning and devious Hillary can be. Trump can get called out on a lie, deny it, look stupid doing it, and that's that. Hilary will get a team of mercenaries working around the clock to discredit whoever calls her out on lie.
    Really so you want a POTUS that just straight up lies about everything in other words you trust him with the nuclear arsenal at his disposal !!
    I'm working on a memo for a court hearing at work right now and punctuation is key. You mean....

"Really? So you want a POTUS that just straight-up lies about everything? In other words, you trust him with the nuclear arsenal at his disposal?!?!"

And my answer to that is "no." Remember, some of us are just enjoying the shitshow with Trump.

Ah ha yes it's been a real shit show no doubt ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    mrussel1 said:

inmyNC said:

mrussel1 said:

^^I wonder what's 'not working' in this country? Which country achieves a higher standard of living where we want to aspire to that political and economic system. "InmyNC", which country is your model that does it better than us? All I hear is complaining about this country, but the standard of living is pretty fucking high, comparative to the rest of the world and certainly in historical context.

You are right this country has a good standard of living. Better then most. But there are many kinks that need to be worked out. For example, the health care system. The affordable care act has made many not so financially stable folks able to get coverage, but many middle class citizens still pay very high premiums. In my case the premiums have exceeded my mortgage payment yet I have no claims other then a standard physical. This affordable care act is great for many but caused increases to others. This act had some good in it but I feel it never really attacked the source of the cost. I'm not against the ACA, but I think some tweeking is in order. Another issue I see is education. Since the birth of the dept. Of education during the Carter administration tuitions in some cases have risen 300%. This has made college education a burden to many with years of debt. These are just two issues that our recent past and present politicians fail to take action upon.
    I'm not sure that ACA has caused the increase in premiums, as the curves seem to be on the same path they've been on since 2000. But I agree with what you are saying that the source needs to be attacked. Your point on tuition is a good one, but I'm not sure that it started in the 70's. My undergrad credits at a FL state university were $35 per undergrad and $65 per grad. I wetn to school in 91. That's reasonable. They are wholly unreasonable now and what pisses me off most about Sanders and Warren. They are blaming Sallie Mae./Navient for student loans? WTF? They didn't choose to go to Dennison College for 50k per year for a liberal arts degree. Who the fuck does that? Of course you're broke.

Anyway, you get my point and I get yours. I'm sick of all the boo hooing like we are living in this piece of shit country where that's not even close to being the case. But we need improvement and that's why I'm a 'progressive'... We move progressively forward without disrupting the markets as best we can. Other points are also true , that politicians always act like we suck, that's how they get elected.
    I went to a community college in Brandon Fl. I spent a lot of time up in Tallahassee at FSU .in 91'. Probably crossed a path or two with you then. Anyhow, what you said about being progressive and moving forward without affecting disrupting markets couldn't be a truer statement.. Its tricky but I believe it will be done in our time. People don't like change especially our government.. Even though Trump isn't my choice I do think his balligerance has brought new light. Maybe its opened our politicians eyes.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,288

I know you're being a silly goose but what is there to enjoy? I can understand enjoying the shit show when it looked like he didn't have much of a shot last year. But the fact that has a 50/50 chance of being the most powerful person in the universe scares the living hell out of me.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161

I know you're being a silly goose but what is there to enjoy? I can understand enjoying the shit show when it looked like he didn't have much of a shot last year. But the fact that has a 50/50 chance of being the most powerful person in the universe scares the living hell out of me.
    i would not worry. it is getting to the point in time where he will begin to face "actual" journalism and media scrutiny and he will start to drop in the polls.

there is a part of me who is kind of thinking that he is beginning to realize that he is completely in over his head and he is starting to get paranoid. his attacks on reporters yesterday and his notoriously thin skin makes me think that he is saying anything that comes to mind in order to blow his own chances.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    "It was amazing because there were moments with the gorilla, the way he held that child, it was almost like a mother holding a baby. Looked so beautiful and calm and there were moments where it looked pretty dangerous," Trump went on to say. "I don't think they had a choice. I mean, probably they didn't have a choice. You have a child, a young child who is at stake, and, you know, it's too bad there wasn't another way. I thought it was so beautiful to watch that, you know, powerful, almost 500-pound gorilla, the way he dealt with that little boy, but it just takes one second. It's one second. It's not like it takes place over, well, he's going to do it in 30 seconds from now. It just takes one little flick of his finger, and I will tell you they probably had no choice."
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

Here's how it is for me: Come election day, I'll vote for Clinton (even though I hate her) just because if Trump wins Pennsylvania (as important a swing state as any) by one vote, I'll never be able to live with myself. I don't want Trump to be MY fault (just like they're not MY 76ers lol) but if it happens, then so be it. If nothing else, Trump has thrown a total wrench into the god-awful election process and I'm enjoying that. The Republicans deserve this; insulting their voters with robots like Rubio spouting off "words Republican voters like" (Ronald Reagan, Constitution, second amendment, pro-choice, rinse, repeat). And all the smug Democrats laughing about it are going to get theirs in good time. If not this November with a Trump victory, then years from now when Dwayne Johnson (or somebody like that) is their nominee. That's what I like about this Trump thing...he's opened the door for non-politicians to win the nominations of the two major parties and I think that's good.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    "I don’t think I’m going to lose, but if I do, I don’t think you’re ever going to see me again, folks. I think I’ll go to Turnberry and play golf or something"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    Iraq War Vet: Trump University Fired Me 'Because I Was In The Military'

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_574eff95e4b0c3752dcc1505
  • Options
    Ryan still hasn't thrown in his hat into the Trump camp !
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

he will....get ready to make America great again ! then watch as rats run for cover.

man Jose we go thru this every election year and every election year some whine and some celebrate but in the end we deal with what we have, remember when Obama was running ? I was dead set against him (still am) but my life moved on with or without him and some of my concerns and prediction's happened..like I said he is softer than a sneaker full of shit and look at the dumb bastard traveling around the world apologizing for America and in all places he goes to Japan and apologizes (so I've heard) but anyway I was right about him and when Trump gets elected you and the others on the train will have concerns and prediction's that will happen and you can say I told ya so but at the end of the day your life will change very little from what it is now.

Godfather.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I don't think Ryan will get behind Trump. He is the exact opposite of Trump and endorsing a mad man will hurt him in the future ... but if he doesn't, the party may ostracize him, and I'm thinking he is willing to take that chance.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited June 2016
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-cuban-questions-whether-donald-trump-is-a-billionaire/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=25107235

Good point...why put your name on something as stupid as steaks? At Sharper Image?

Seems like the orange guy is/was desperate for cash
    Cuban also seems certain that he has more money than Trump, who claims to be worth north of $10 billion.

"It's not even close, I do," Cuban told the radio show. "The reason I know is when you file your federal election campaign reports, you have to list all your cash and liquid securities and bonds--you have to list them one by one. So we know without any question that as of May 27, Donald doesn't have more than $165 million in cash and securities and bonds. And trust me, I've got a lot of more than that in cash, securities, and bonds. And so you know, I'm willing to bet dimes against dollars that that's pretty much what he's got."

Cuban's own net worth is estimated to be $3.2 billion by Forbes (Forbes puts Trump's net worth at $4.5 billion).
    I'm sure his real estate is all mortgaged to the hilt....I wonder if he's even worth $1 billion
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

he will....get ready to make America great again ! then watch as rats run for cover.

man Jose we go thru this every election year and every election year some whine and some celebrate but in the end we deal with what we have, remember when Obama was running ? I was dead set against him (still am) but my life moved on with or without him and some of my concerns and prediction's happened..like I said he is softer than a sneaker full of shit and look at the dumb bastard traveling around the world apologizing for America and in all places he goes to Japan and apologizes (so I've heard) but anyway I was right about him and when Trump gets elected you and the others on the train will have concerns and prediction's that will happen and you can say I told ya so but at the end of the day your life will change very little from what it is now.

Godfather.

so you've heard? That was false...like a lot of the crap you post

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Godfather.

so you've heard? That was false...like a lot of the crap you post
    well you know everything so please correct me, unlike some folks on here I am always willing to own up to my mistakes rather than side step the topic and fly off on a totally different topic.

Godfather

• Options
    http://www.snopes.com/obama-apology-hiroshima/

If I spent my time correcting you I would be on here 24/7. You are a true Faux News acolyte

• Options

http://www.snopes.com/obama-apology-hiroshima/

If I spent my time correcting you I would be on here 24/7. You are a true Faux News acolyte

and your efforts are appreciated......fox news acolyte ? is that a union term for bullheaded ? LOL !!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    According to Forbes Trump Hotels (later Trump Entertainment) bankrupted twice and NEVER ACTUALLY MADE A PROFIT!

PGA pulled their championship from his course and moved it to MEXICO hahhahaha you can't make this shit up!
    Mark Cuban slayed his "business savvy" recently as well.
    My greatest hope is that he gets crushed in the general and his brand continues to sink until he's nothing but a laughingstock (he already is, but a poor one would be nice lol)
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Seriously, why is no one talking about this? Seems like a pretty big deal to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:
    Seriously, why is no one talking about this? Seems like a pretty big deal to me.
    It's a big deal in the media. If you're asking why no one here is talking about, my guess is that the conservatives cannot really defend it. So there's no argument? I posted it about it the other night when the paper's were released.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:
    I think this will be really tough for him to brush aside his supporters and him will say it's all crap and
  • Options
    The Trump U stuff falls in line with Mark Cuban's comments....why would Trump sell steaks? why would he sell this fake real estate crap? Dude needs money and will get it whatever way possible.

• Options
    2016 might actually be the first in about 20 years that Trump hasn't given money to the Clintons whether it be Bills foundation or to a Clinton campaign. I'm just guessing though.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I've tried very hard to believe some of the things Trump has spoken about in the pass but I find that an impossible task. It's going to be an extraordinary 5 months of political deceptions of which this country has never scene.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    http://www.vox.com/2016/6/2/11833912/donald-trump-1994-women-buildings-misogyny
    Let's start with this comment, though, where Trump says he had mixed feelings about his second wife, Marla Maples, an actress and television personality, working outside the home.

"I have days where I think it's great," Trump said. "And then I have days where, if I come home — and I don't want to sound too much like a chauvinist — but when I come home and dinner's not ready, I go through the roof."
    Billionaire probs

• Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:
    It's a big deal in the media. If you're asking why no one here is talking about, my guess is that the conservatives cannot really defend it. So there's no argument? I posted it about it the other night when the paper's were released.
    I guess so. I would be very interested to hear from the conservatives who are considering voting for Trump to be the POTUS. I would like to know how they will justify their vote for someone who is in charge of something like this... basically a ponzi scheme. Wondering if they are okay with a President who will purposefully and pointedly scam and take advantage of vulnerable people, and, if they aren't okay with that, how they are managing to sweep this under their mental rug.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:
    I guess so. I would be very interested to hear from the conservatives who are considering voting for Trump to be the POTUS. I would like to know how they will justify their vote for someone who is in charge of something like this... basically a ponzi scheme. Wondering if they are okay with a President who will purposefully and pointedly scam and take advantage of vulnerable people, and, if they aren't okay with that, how they are managing to sweep this under their mental rug.
    They won't answer the question. Their response will be "I'd rather vote for a guy that tried to earn money than someone who used their own email account or someone who ignored our people in benghazi."
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
This discussion has been closed.