Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    there is evidence that trump is in for the election trouncing of historic proportions. i saw a report yesterday that said projections show some red states turning blue. EC projection of 419 for clinton, 119 for trump.

http://www.examiner.com/article/projection-shows-clinton-defeats-donald-trump-419-119-on-electoral-college-map
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2016

there is evidence that trump is in for the election trouncing of historic proportions. i saw a report yesterday that said projections show some red states turning blue. EC projection of 419 for clinton, 119 for trump.

http://www.examiner.com/article/projection-shows-clinton-defeats-donald-trump-419-119-on-electoral-college-map

I've been trying to tell people, this guy has zero shot and is going to be outright destroyed and embarrassed

And I fucking love it

Dipshit fucking republicans... anybody that supports this clown should be ashamed if themselves
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877

That won't be as bad as Mondale in 84 or McGovern in 72. But still bad...
  • Options
    The power of the NRA is strong and Trump is feeling it since he went against them.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/americas/2016/06/trump-trouble-160616171335493.html

The NRA, who had endorsed Trump at its national convention just two weeks ago, said it was happy to meet. But many supporters were furious the Republican nominee would even consider changes to gun legislation.

Right-wing blogger Erik Erikson wrote: "This is a terrible idea and a flat-out cave by Donald Trump. You cannot deny constitutional rights to American citizens because the government is suspicious of you."

And still none of the anti-gun folks on this train will even give acknowledgement that Trump had a good idea. No fly, no buy.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    What idea did Trump propose?
  • Options

The power of the NRA is strong and Trump is feeling it since he went against them.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/americas/2016/06/trump-trouble-160616171335493.html

The NRA, who had endorsed Trump at its national convention just two weeks ago, said it was happy to meet. But many supporters were furious the Republican nominee would even consider changes to gun legislation.

Right-wing blogger Erik Erikson wrote: "This is a terrible idea and a flat-out cave by Donald Trump. You cannot deny constitutional rights to American citizens because the government is suspicious of you."

And still none of the anti-gun folks on this train will even give acknowledgement that Trump had a good idea. No fly, no buy.

He didn't 'have a good idea'. The Dems in Congress tried to pass this legislation in December and it failed. So no kudos for having a good idea. Kudos for 'trying' to negotiate with the NRA but this seems like an unusual tactic. All reports are that this will not get through the House. So if Trump can't convince the NRA, how the fuck will he convince the Chinese to do anything? If this fails, another 'premise' of his campaign is out.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Does Trump have a platform at all except that he will build a wall to keep the white walkers out?

Perhaps it wasn't the children of the forest that created the white walkers ... It was Obama
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    ^^^
    It shows that he is willing to listen to dems unlike the current congress.
    If even this wont get through the house by a republican (if he was in office) then you guys have a seriously flawed congress much like Trump has been saying all along.
    The NRA is powerful and has the constitution on it's side it is not Chinese.
  • Options

^^^
    It shows that he is willing to listen to dems unlike the current congress.
    If even this wont get through the house by a republican (if he was in office) then you guys have a seriously flawed congress much like Trump has been saying all along.
    The NRA is powerful and has the constitution on it's side it is not Chinese.

You're right. The Chinese don't have the Constitution, they have sovereignty, and an army, and an enormous economy. That's all slightly more powerful. And Trump hasn't once criticized the Republican Congress to my knowledge. Your argument is a huge reach here. The political downside of this 'effort' is pretty enormous. It's pretty easy to declare Trump a blowhard for not being able to convince a right wing special interest group to do something.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ^^^
    The Chinese would listen to the pros and cons of what Trump proposes as POTUS.

Your second amendment that the country holds so dear is no match for anyone not even a POTUS. Trump at least approached them as "one of their own"
    You can't reason with a right wing special interest group they wont listen.
    He hasn't in those words criticized the Repub congress but painted the inner workings of the whitehouse with the same brush as defunct.

• Options
    edited June 2016

^^^
    The Chinese would listen to the pros and cons of what Trump proposes as POTUS.

Your second amendment that the country holds so dear is no match for anyone not even a POTUS. Trump at least approached them as "one of their own"
    You can't reason with a right wing special interest group they wont listen.
    He hasn't in those words criticized the Repub congress but painted the working of the whitehouse with the same brush as defunct.

Negative again. The SCOTUS ruled in District of Columbia v Heller that gun ownership is not unlimited and the Congress has the right to limit ownership.

“Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller (an earlier case) said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time”. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’ ”

edit: bold and italics added for emphasis
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ^^^
    If congress has that right they also have the right not to enact it.
  • Options

^^^
    If congress has that right they also have the right not to enact it.

No shit. But if the NRA gave the green light to the Republicans in Congress, the law could get passed. The Senate already cut a deal. Trump can't convince the NRA. That's what it comes down to in this case. He is failing at negotiation.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Is he failing at negotiation?
    Why has the NRA shunned him cold and now it's Trumps perceived downfall in the press.
    Whereas until he challenged the NRA he was on a pinnacle.
  • Options

^^^
    Is he failing at negotiation?
    Why has the NRA shunned him cold and now it's Trumps perceived downfall in the press.
    Whereas until he challenged the NRA he was on a pinnacle.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    I have a feeling the fact that the head of the CIA director's Isis discussion today is going to help trump. Coming just a few days after Obama tried to say the opposite in the speech where he blasted trump makes the administration look kinda shady again, trying to skew the facts to work in their advantage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/06/16/politics/john-brennan-cia-isis/index.html?client=safari#

Thoughts?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

I have a feeling the fact that the head of the CIA director's Isis discussion today is going to help trump. Coming just a few days after Obama tried to say the opposite in the speech where he blasted trump makes the administration look kinda shady again, trying to skew the facts to work in their advantage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/06/16/politics/john-brennan-cia-isis/index.html?client=safari#

Thoughts?

I'm not following how this is the opposite of what Obama said.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Thoughts?

Interesting how Hillary and Bernie are silent on this
    or this http://www.businessinsider.com/state-department-officials-call-for-airstrikes-on-assad-2016-6

All Trump has to do is wait for this current flaming of liberals issue to tamper a little and then this wave will pick him up again.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Business Insider, lol!!!
  • Options
    CH156378 said:

Business Insider, lol!!!

A common practice on the train is to laugh at sources if they don't suit the fancy.
    Words are words no matter the source.
    This prevents living in a unicorn world.
  • Options

Thoughts?

Interesting how Hillary and Bernie are silent on this
    or this http://www.businessinsider.com/state-department-officials-call-for-airstrikes-on-assad-2016-6

All Trump has to do is wait for this current flaming of liberals issue to tamper a little and then this wave will pick him up again.
    I don't know why, but I usually only understand 50% of what you are saying. It's like you speak in some sort of code. Regardless, the dissent channel is serious and the strategy is a difficult choice. Many foreign policy experts believe that striking Assad will have two effects:
    1. Straining relationships with the Russians as they have strong economic interests that flow through Syria
    2. Creating a power vacuum precisely the way a vacuum was created in Iraq and Lybia.

Unfortunately, sometimes a strong man is the only thing that is holding together these manufactured nation-states that were created in the best interest of the western empires after WWI. A perfect example is how Yugoslavia fell apart after the death of Tito.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited June 2016
    my2hands said:

I've been trying to tell people, this guy has zero shot and is going to be outright destroyed and embarrassed

And I fucking love it

Dipshit fucking republicans... anybody that supports this clown should be ashamed if themselves
    You're not the only one.

His concession speech will be so bad. There's zero chance he shows Clinton any respect.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

PJFan, I do not like Trump. I do not hate him. I don't hate anyone. I do very much hate actions of people. I seriously fear for our country if he is at the helm. You don't live here, right? If you do, vote as you want but know this loud and clear, my vote will not be for Trump-- even if a gun was placed to my head. I don't need to back up my claim of worry. It's how I feel and I don't need to defend it. I have a 12 1/2 year old who has decided through news and reading that he is not her candidate, either. I will take advantage of my right to vote and exercise it as my heart directs me to.

You don't need to back up your claim? Decided via news and reading that it is not your candidate?
    What about his positions and how he will put them to action have you read any, at all?
    Pick one and say why it will fail https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

No one ever talks about his plans or policies. They are clearly laid out on his site.
    Tell me why his plans won't work.
    No, I don't need to back up my opinion. I will not read his link no matter how many times you link to it. I don't need to defend. I won't fall for your baiting. Nice try, though.

If you love him so much, perhaps we should send him on to you so that you may elect him and enjoy his policies. I wouldn't fight you for him. I promise. You can have him and enjoy him.

As for me, I will be voting otherwise.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,423
    my2hands said:

And I fucking love it

Really pretty ignorant and dumb to label all republicans with him. Elections arent all about social issues.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

PJFan, I do not like Trump. I do not hate him. I don't hate anyone. I do very much hate actions of people. I seriously fear for our country if he is at the helm. You don't live here, right? If you do, vote as you want but know this loud and clear, my vote will not be for Trump-- even if a gun was placed to my head. I don't need to back up my claim of worry. It's how I feel and I don't need to defend it. I have a 12 1/2 year old who has decided through news and reading that he is not her candidate, either. I will take advantage of my right to vote and exercise it as my heart directs me to.

You don't need to back up your claim? Decided via news and reading that it is not your candidate?
    What about his positions and how he will put them to action have you read any, at all?

No one ever talks about his plans or policies. They are clearly laid out on his site.
    No, I don't need to back up my opinion. I will not read his link no matter how many times you link to it. I don't need to defend. I won't fall for your baiting. Nice try, though.

If you love him so much, perhaps we should send him on to you so that you may elect him and enjoy his policies. I wouldn't fight you for him. I promise. You can have him and enjoy him.

You don't need to back up your opinion?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ^^^

:giggle:

No, she doesn't need to.

And yet, she did, quite nicely.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

You don't need to back up your opinion?
    No, I don't. You see, I'm not trying to change your opinion. Your opinion is your opinion. I feel no need to defend my opinion to you and what's funny is that it seems like it bugs the shit out of you.

Hurry up! Attack, delete, edit to a period! Makes you the innocent one, right? Won't fall for it. Nice attempt, though.

I will not be voting for Trump but then again, you won't either. :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

my2hands said:

And I fucking love it

Really pretty ignorant and dumb to label all republicans with him. Elections arent all about social issues.
    I don't see where social issues are even mentioned in the post you quoted. It's also very clear as the Republicans he is referring to here.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547

CH156378 said:

Business Insider, lol!!!

A common practice on the train is to laugh at sources if they don't suit the fancy.
    Words are words no matter the source.
    This prevents living in a unicorn world.
    Kinda like deriding all polls when losing, but pointing to them endlessly when leading.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^^^
    Who wouldn't point out endlessly that they're leading.
    It matters to some but not all.
    When you're down in the polls like Trump rarely is it dominates world headlines.
    If Hillary or Bernie are leading or slumping in the polls no one cares.
This discussion has been closed.