Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747

Only way I could have seen Trump winning was if there was some sort of a terrorist attack and people felt to side with him because he's perceived as the "stronger" candidate.

But......... yeah, he completely fucked that up too.

Gonna be an absolute bloodbath in November.

He's already down about 12 or 13 points in the polls. By November, he is going to lose by 20.
    You're using polls :rofl:
    What's wrong with the polls? I think it's really interesting to track them over time and also compare them to people's perception of what's going on.

Only way I could have seen Trump winning was if there was some sort of a terrorist attack and people felt to side with him because he's perceived as the "stronger" candidate.

He's already down about 12 or 13 points in the polls. By November, he is going to lose by 20.
    What's wrong with the polls? I think it's really interesting to track them over time and also compare them to people's perception of what's going on.
    So is there a cosmic shift in the polls only because the current POTUS attacked him or is it a coincidence that the timing coincides with his latest disparaging remark?
    I'm not totally aware of your style, but maybe you're suggesting Obama has some control over the polling organizations and ordered a drop? Trump actually dropped based on his reaction to an actual, real life serious issue. This also is mirrored in his increase in his 'unfavorability' rating.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    dignin said:
    That was disturbing. HA

Sure other countries are seeing Dubya all over again.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Laugh all you want. I don't need a poll to know trump will not only lose, but be embarrassed in november. I can't wait to hear the concession speech.

Interestingly enough, poll and troll rhyme
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Stating that having a bunch of drunk people should have had guns at 2 in the morning is a stupid idea.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    89% of Hispanics say they would never vote for the Trumpster , his numbers are sinking faster than Titanic did ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    Jason P said:

Stating that having a bunch of drunk people should have had guns at 2 in the morning is a stupid idea.

Stupid idea? Well at least he is consistent.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    Imagine if a number of people had pulled guns at the Orlando club....how do the police know who the good guys are? How do the patrons know?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    A bunch of people had guns at that Waco bar. How did that turn out?
  • Options
    Just the idea that if you're going out to a club you should have a gun in case of that scenario is absurd , when I use to frequent clubs the only thing I made sure I had was $ & condoms !!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/john-kasich-joe-scarborough-i-m-not-interested-being-spoiler-n593486?cid=sm_fb

not gah do it
    Pressed with a retweet from Trump telling Kasich that he ought to "get on board" or leave the GOP, and the fact that he signed a pledge last summer to support the party's eventual nominee, Kasich said: "It's painful. It's painful. People even get divorces, you know? Sometimes things come about that, look, 'I'm sorry this has happened, but we'll see where it ends up.' I'm not making any final decision yet, but at this point I just can't do it."
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/john-kasich-joe-scarborough-i-m-not-interested-being-spoiler-n593486?cid=sm_fb

not gah do it

Pressed with a retweet from Trump telling Kasich that he ought to "get on board" or leave the GOP, and the fact that he signed a pledge last summer to support the party's eventual nominee, Kasich said: "It's painful. It's painful. People even get divorces, you know? Sometimes things come about that, look, 'I'm sorry this has happened, but we'll see where it ends up.' I'm not making any final decision yet, but at this point I just can't do it."
    I like Kasich. I may not agree with him but I always liked him. I think what we Dems can remember after all of this, is having perspective. We may have thought that Romney or McCain were terrible... but they weren't. We may disagree vehemently and worry particularly about social issues, but they didn't represent the madness that Trump does.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    These last 8 posts are solid gold.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    mrussel1 said:

not gah do it

I like Kasich. I may not agree with him but I always liked him. I think what we Dems can remember after all of this, is having perspective. We may have thought that Romney or McCain were terrible... but they weren't. We may disagree vehemently and worry particularly about social issues, but they didn't represent the madness that Trump does.

He's a PJ fan as well.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

not gah do it

He's a PJ fan as well.

Really? He seems about 14 years too old and conservative for that.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747
    I just checked, luckily I'm under the age limit to be a PJ fan. Whew.
  • Options

I just checked, luckily I'm under the age limit to be a PJ fan. Whew.

You know what I mean. It's just surprising that he would be one.
  • Options
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/trump-tv-trump-already-has-his-next-grift-planned-after-he-loses-in-november/

This will be good....as if TV could get dumbed down from Faux News
    Vanity Fair is reporting that Trump is considering starting his own cable news network that will be targeted at the army of ardent supporters he’s garnered throughout the Republican primary campaign this year.

“According to several people briefed on the discussions, the presumptive Republican nominee is examining the opportunity presented by the ‘audience’ currently supporting him,” Vanity Fair’s sources say. “He has also discussed the possibility of launching a ‘mini-media conglomerate’ outside of his existing TV-production business, Trump Productions LLC.”
    It does add to the speculation that Trump just ran to promote himself...that he never really expected to get this far.

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/trump-tv-trump-already-has-his-next-grift-planned-after-he-loses-in-november/

Vanity Fair is reporting that Trump is considering starting his own cable news network that will be targeted at the army of ardent supporters he’s garnered throughout the Republican primary campaign this year.

“According to several people briefed on the discussions, the presumptive Republican nominee is examining the opportunity presented by the ‘audience’ currently supporting him,” Vanity Fair’s sources say. “He has also discussed the possibility of launching a ‘mini-media conglomerate’ outside of his existing TV-production business, Trump Productions LLC.”
    It does add to the speculation that Trump just ran to promote himself...that he never really expected to get this far.

Oh my God. That just made me throw up. It makes sense though - in a weird, Trumpian way.
  • Options

I didn't know we were just speculating. I just assumed we all knew it was fact. I mean he hawks his fucking water and steak during press conference. WTF.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283744-poll-trump-has-94-percent-unfavorable-rating-with-blacks
    The poll, released Wednesday, only shows the problem is evolving for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. A staggering 94 percent of black adults surveyed view Trump negatively, a 13 percent increase since the same poll was conducted in May.
    While Trump's likely general election opponent, Democrat Hillary Clinton, is boasting a 79 percent favorability rating among black Americans, Trump is fighting claims of racism after launching attacks on a U.S.-born judge of Mexican descent.
    LOL...

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Laugh all you want. I don't need a poll to know trump will not only lose, but be embarrassed in november. I can't wait to hear the concession speech.

I actually disagree...I think polls are completely worthless, especially during this election cycle as people are afraid to speak out on who they are voting for. I myself will not announce who I am voting for and will not till after the election. Polls are proving to be worthless and if you paid attention to this whole election cycle they have been off and sometimes embarrassingly off in numbers

There is a silent majority out there that will cast their vote and shock those poll numbers
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

I actually disagree...I think polls are completely worthless, especially during this election cycle as people are afraid to speak out on who they are voting for. I myself will not announce who I am voting for and will not till after the election. Polls are proving to be worthless and if you paid attention to this whole election cycle they have been off and sometimes embarrassingly off in numbers

There is a silent majority out there that will cast their vote and shock those poll numbers
    That's not true. The only poll I can remember that had the wrong person on top was Michigan. The other ones have been around the MOE, but picking the right winner. Regarding the general from 2012, 538 was remarkably accurate. http://rationality.org/2012/11/09/was-nate-silver-the-most-accurate-2012-election-pundit/
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

That's not true. The only poll I can remember that had the wrong person on top was Michigan. The other ones have been around the MOE, but picking the right winner. Regarding the general from 2012, 538 was remarkably accurate. http://rationality.org/2012/11/09/was-nate-silver-the-most-accurate-2012-election-pundit/
    I'm glad you contribute here, your voice is needed and appreciated.

The argument can be made that polls this early can't be trusted (Dukakis we are looking at you lol) but the overall accuracy of aggregate polling data is an irrefutable thorn in the side of those who refuse to believe their candidate is losing.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

I'm glad you contribute here, your voice is needed and appreciated.

The argument can be made that polls this early can't be trusted (Dukakis we are looking at you lol) but the overall accuracy of aggregate polling data is an irrefutable thorn in the side of those who refuse to believe their candidate is losing.
    Very kind of you...
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Makes me miss the good old days when Howard Stern was the king of all media and not him.
  • Options
    http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-tv-network

The breakout media star of 2016 is, inarguably, Donald Trump, who has masterfully—and horrifyingly—demonstrated an aptitude for manipulating the news cycle, gaining billions of dollars worth of free airtime, and dominating coverage on every screen. Now, several people around him are looking for a way to leverage his supporters into a new media platform and cable channel.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

The breakout media star of 2016 is, inarguably, Donald Trump, who has masterfully—and horrifyingly—demonstrated an aptitude for manipulating the news cycle, gaining billions of dollars worth of free airtime, and dominating coverage on every screen. Now, several people around him are looking for a way to leverage his supporters into a new media platform and cable channel.

That's all his good for Make believe world TV , you want him up there in Canada running your country you can have him ,,,
    89% of Hispanics like myself will not be voting for him
    90 % of blacks will not be voting for him
    Should I go on I haven't even put up women's %
    Muslims %
    G&L community %
    It's impossible to win the WH without these voters backing you , just ask MCCain & Romney!!
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138

That's all his good for Make believe world TV , you want him up there in Canada running your country you can have him ,,,
    89% of Hispanics like myself will not be voting for him
    90 % of blacks will not be voting for him
    Should I go on I haven't even put up women's %
    Muslims %
    G&L community %
    It's impossible to win the WH without these voters backing you , just ask MCCain & Romney!!
    Trump will probably throw in the reigns as soon as he sees he has no chance that a woman is about to crush him. It should no it will pretty interesting how this election will go come this fall.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.