Options

Songs they should put away

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    derbydave said:

I REALLY hope they put Pendulum up for this tour...
    Really tired of hearing it open almost every show the past 2 US tours!!
    PLEASE go back to doing the traditional opening songs :prayer:

I agree. Ii was always fun trying to guess the opener and lately you knew it was more than likely going to be Pendulum
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    derbydave said:

100% agree. Pendulum needs a break big time!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    I think it's safe to say that a lot of us (myself included) wouldn't mind it if they scaled back on the LB tunes for the up coming tour. Maybe keep to one or two songs per show - at most.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    rummy said:

I think it's safe to say that a lot of us (myself included) wouldn't mind it if they scaled back on the LB tunes for the up coming tour. Maybe keep to one or two songs per show - at most.

Would rather hear more songs from Avocado and Backspacer than LB tunes. Not that I really like those albums more or less but at least I'm not used to hearing them anymore.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    A song or two from each of the more recent album - even BS - is okay with me.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited January 2016
    derbydave said:

I'm hoping that since the tour logo isn't done in LB style, that it's a sign of it not being as much of an album supported tour. Probably overthinking it but a man can hope.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

People can't hold their urine for 3 or 4 hours?? My wife and I have never had to leave our place, I guess we have strong young bladders lol

I do like to enjoy a few pre-show beers so zero chance I'm holding it throughout the whole show.
    Ahhh beer, I guess I always forget about the beer drinkers.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rummy said:

As a huge LB fan I can say I agree with that. I have seen all the songs from the album (6 shows since it came out) and I like them but I miss Insignificance and Grievance particularly. A few more Binaural, Avocado, and Riot Act tunes would be a nice delight.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    rgambs said:

rummy said:

As a huge LB fan I can say I agree with that. I have seen all the songs from the album (6 shows since it came out) and I like them but I miss Insignificance and Grievance particularly. A few more Binaural, Avocado, and Riot Act tunes would be a nice delight.
    the Canadian 2005 tour was 2 years after Riot Act was released. not an album tour. one song from that album played at the Winnipeg show. more of a greatest hits package with a couple rarities.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    Sirens..........my god, please never again! I will give you my reasoning. I have a four year old, you know how most kids will watch a certain movie over and over? Well, my kid has to hear sirens every time I pick him up from daycare, if I don't hear that song the rest of my life it will be ok with me........"hear the sirens.........hear the sireeeennnnnnnnnsssss" nails on a chalkboard.....
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

People can't hold their urine for 3 or 4 hours?? My wife and I have never had to leave our place, I guess we have strong young bladders lol

I do like to enjoy a few pre-show beers so zero chance I'm holding it throughout the whole show.
    Ahhh beer, I guess I always forget about the beer drinkers.
    I can't hold it now. Bye
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited January 2016
    Gone should be gone
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'd rather hear rarities and deep cuts, but I don't mind the crowd favorites from Ten and Vs. The three types of songs I can live without:

1. Covers—or at least predictable covers. No more RITFW, Fuckin' Up, Last Kiss, Baba O'Reilly, Crazy Mary, Sonic Reducer, etc. I must admit they play some nice The Who covers, like The Kids Are Alright, Have You Seen The Real Me?, but part of what makes them special is how infrequently they're played.

2. The lesser singles such as Wishlist, World Wide Suicide, Mind Your Manners, Love Boat Captain, Gone, etc. This is just my opinion, of course.

3. The Ed "solo" songs, such as Thumbing My Way, Future Days, Soon Forget and The End. One of these per record is fine, but I prefer to see the entire band engaged when seeing them live.
    Post edited by 18th Pale Descendant on
    08.06.2000 • Greensboro
    06.26.2006 • St. Paul
    11.30.2012 • Fort Lauderdale [EV]
    10.29.2013 • Charlottesville
  • Options
    What if they ever played Falling Down again
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16