Options

Songs they should put away

Comments

• Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057

This thread was stupid the first time around. I wouldn't want them to put away any songs. Even ones i don't care for. Just because I don't wanna hear Jeremy ever again doesnt mean there aren't a ton of people that love it and may want to experience it live. And Ole? Really? Like they play it a lot now?

Gotta agree with ya here! From what I've gathered over the years, I think everyone in here is hoping for all songs to be retired and they play Of The Earth 32 times every night. :rofl:
    Thankfully Ed still makes the set lists :plus_one:
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Man I do not understand how some of you even like PJ if you do not like NAIS and No More... Pearl Jam can play what they want and I`ll keep giving them my $
  • Options
    I'd have to go with Alive, Why Go, Small Town, Indifference, Corduroy, Betterman, Immortality, Given to Fly, Evolution, and unfortunately Lightning Bolt. Lightning Bolt is a fantastic live song but Ed already is having a problem singing it.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited January 2016

A legitimate list would probably include;

Hold On

Huh??? I would kill to hear this song once live

Jeremy would be the song that I drop
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    :dizzy:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    sweet lou and or you
    yes should be put on your slave:n and or you
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

This thread was stupid the first time around. I wouldn't want them to put away any songs. Even ones i don't care for. Just because I don't wanna hear Jeremy ever again doesnt mean there aren't a ton of people that love it and may want to experience it live. And Ole? Really? Like they play it a lot now?

Gotta agree with ya here! From what I've gathered over the years, I think everyone in here is hoping for all songs to be retired and they play Of The Earth 32 times every night. :rofl:
    wrong again honey. it says gone fernandovwilson

..thisvobes for one you close bastarydgo
  • Options
    OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    I'd probably say none - after all it's probably some person's first show on any given night!
    Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
    Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
    Memphis, 14th October 2014
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited January 2016
    Kay, pretty much their entire catalogue is named in this thread. :lol:
    I would think that if they're going to put a song away, it should be one that they have played a zillion times before, not all the extreme rarities that so many have named. My vote is for Jeremy, Daughter (unless they want to add an It's Okay tag), and RITFW. I am simply really sick of hearing these songs. They are on SO many boots, and they are boring me now.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,925
    You are x1000000000000000000000
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

^ Absolutely not. They don't play it enough. How come you don't like that song? I wish they'd experiment more with writing songs in that kind of style. But I would say it's time to put away Imagine and Sirens just for starters.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    what a load of crap
  • Options
    can a leopard change its spots....
  • Options
    can you teach an old dog new tricks...
    some how i doubt they ever learn
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,346
    I think these two have been put away, but I'll nominate The Fixer and Cropduster..... Insert 1/2 Full and Satan's Bed
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

^ Absolutely not. They don't play it enough. How come you don't like that song? I wish they'd experiment more with writing songs in that kind of style. But I would say it's time to put away Imagine and Sirens just for starters.
    I think it s the worst song they ve ever written. Honestly I d take sweet lew over this song. I just hate the way it sounds and the lyrics are beyond cheesy. Terrible terrible song.
  • Options
    They shouldn't retire anything. Yeah there are songs I'd like to have come up at each show I go to but it is what it is. If you want a deep dark secret I can't stand Even Flow and I'm probably not the only one. However, that's one of their most recognizable songs so there's about a .01% chance they stop playing it. Whoever said "it's always someone's first concert" is bang on a few posts up.
    Also, if they went out and played 30 rarities or obscure songs like it seems much of this thread wants then it devalues the experience. You go to a show hoping to luck out with 1-3 "out of nowhere" songs. So when you catch one it's a great surprising feeling. If you knew they were coming then where's the surprise or excitement or novelty.
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    I don't have problem with their original stuff, every song works for me!
    but... I think they should put some covers away; like 'Imagine' or 'Redemption Song'
    I know that they are pretty new (in their shows), but I don't like them that much
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options

but... I think they should put some covers away; like 'Imagine' or 'Redemption Song'
    I know that they are pretty new (in their shows), but I don't like them that much

I totally agree with you bud. I d like less crazy mary too. When is the last time there was a cover free show?
  • Options
    Most covers and most white whale songs.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Who are any of you or us to proclaim certain shit should be shelved.

By anyone, or for anyone.

Screw schould'ing.

• Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Last Kiss. Ugh.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    mcgruff10 said:

I totally agree with you bud. I d like less crazy mary too. When is the last time there was a cover free show?
    Imagine is one of the greatest songs ever written but I'm not a huge fan of Ed playing it, and Crazy Mary is probably one of my least favorite songs they play, definitely could do without those two. Everything else (Eflow, Jeremy, Daughter, Porch, Corduroy, etc.) keep playing because let's be honest, as much as we want to have break hearing those songs, we love them...all of those 'fan favorites' are classics and need to be played.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,544
    The F fixer..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

Screw schould'ing.

Yes ma'am! I want to hear what they want to play! If I won a 10club contest to pick the setlist for a show, I would make a blank setlist and say "play what makes you happy." And Garden, play that too lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Screw schould'ing.

Yes ma'am! I want to hear what they want to play! If I won a 10club contest to pick the setlist for a show, I would make a blank setlist and say "play what makes you happy." And Garden, play that too lol
    Yes ma'am! I want to hear what they want to play! If I won a 10club contest to pick the setlist for a show, I would make a blank setlist and say "play what makes you happy." And Wash, play that too lol
    :wink:
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Kat said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Screw schould'ing.

Yes ma'am! I want to hear what they want to play! If I won a 10club contest to pick the setlist for a show, I would make a blank setlist and say "play what makes you happy." And Wash, play that too lol
    :wink:
    :smiley:

lol that's probably a better choice...I would probably start with 1 request and "Play what makes you happy"...and the final draft would be 35 songs that would leave the casual fans screaming for something that was on the radio lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Not that it's a better choice but that I wanted to add my choice to your sentiment. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Imagine
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    None. If you are tired of seeing/hearing songs live, maybe you should see them less.
    www.cluthelee.com