Options

Songs they should put away

Comments

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    If you are calling for songs like Alive and Black to be retired then you have seen too many shows.
  • Options
    MW3384MW3384 Posts: 122
    by the time this thread is closed they will have only "the one note song" left,
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    MW3384 wrote:

The thread could easily be converted to "Fans They Should Put Away"
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    jamburger wrote:
    MW3384 wrote:

:o:lol::lol::lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    jamburger wrote:
    MW3384 wrote:

:lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    If I had to pick one song it would DEFINITELY be.....

Small Town...

damnit.... c'mon!?? :shock:

and some of the other songs listed? WOWZERs....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    there's no song that should be put away cause there is somebody who loves it....

every song has a fan :D
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    pandora wrote:
    there's no song that should be put away cause there is somebody who loves it....

well put :)
  • Options
    Threads they should put away:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117143

don't forget to tip your waitress.
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    MW3384 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with Even Flow though :roll:
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Insignificance is the only song that I really don't care to hear....and I've seem to have gotten it at quite a few shows though. I'm sure others like it, so no need to "retire it", but I guess I'd prefer just about anything in that spot of the set if possible.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    alive
    jeremy
    betterman
    daughter
    e flow
    black

choke on that ya sheep
    I actually agree with this. Not total retirement, but a good rest for the next tour

add crazy mary and last kiss as well

ADD EVOLUTION, CORDUROY AND ALIVE

We need more rarities!!
    I got memories i got shit
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Get_Right wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    alive
    jeremy
    betterman
    daughter
    e flow
    black

choke on that ya sheep
    I actually agree with this. Not total retirement, but a good rest for the next tour

add crazy mary and last kiss as well

ADD EVOLUTION, CORDUROY AND ALIVE

We need more rarities!!

But then once you hear all the rarities they won't be rare anymore.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 > Confucius
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    metsfan wrote:
    alive
    jeremy
    betterman
    daughter
    e flow
    black

choke on that ya sheep

Betterman exclusion... This
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    dte421 wrote:
    butte1 wrote:
    With all due respect, the people that want to "retire" songs from set lists are usually the spoiled fans who've seen them 50+ times and apaprently are either ultra rich or have no jobs and responsibilities allowing them to see them that many times. For those of us who've seen them a "normal" amount of times in venues relative to where we live, we don't see them that often and we do not want ANY songs retired and we enjoy them immensly every single time we see them perform every single one of their songs. I've been a fan since before some people on this board were born, I love seeing them live, love all of the boots, the studios albuns, the bsides you name it. It is actually fans and threads like this that lead to the lottery system for those first two rows. You folks were too spolied and forgot what a concert is suppsosed to be. Quit being so elitist and arrogant and realize that just because a song may or may nor have a broader appeal or even commercial success does not make it a lesser song. It's the same band and same passion from that band that created "Jeremy" and whatever song makes you think makes you a better fan. So please jsut stop it already.

I fall into the category of "spoiled fans" - however I am neither ultra rich nor unemployed. That's a completely idiotic assertation.

I could def survive not seeing E-Flo, Small Town, Better Man, Jeremy, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter, or Daughter for the xxth plus time, but I respect the casual fan, and I know that's what they come to see. The bonus of that is the tremendous energy from the crowd those songs bring out, and it's pretty awesome to me. I often find myself scanning the crowd more during those songs than watching the band, because it is great to see people get to hear songs they love from a band they don't religiously follow.

That said, there are several songs I would love the band to retire, not because I'm "spoiled" but because they are a different sounding band than they used to be, and some of the songs sound terrible compared to their intended form... or some songs, like All Night or U, flat out suck.

If I never see Deep, Spin the Black Circle, or (yup, I said it) Leash again, I'll be fine - and not because they're bad songs, but because Ed just doesn't sing them the way they should be sung anymore. And, not for nothing, but with a band that is now as commercial as the peers they once railed against, Not For You is pretty hollow.

I'm no casual fan and I completely disagree with you on your assertion on why certain songs shouldn't be sung anymore......
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    ive decided they shouldnt put away any songs
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    Elderly woman could take a little back seat
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    im ok with ever thjey choose to play...but if i need to choose one song that i dont have any interest to see alot..Just breathe is the one...played always and at the same section of the show..
    if u go to one show,its ok,but if you do 10 shows..gets a bit boring..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    pdalowsky wrote:

As much as I love it I agree. There's a few which are played every or almost every show that could be played with less frequency, Betterman, Given To Fly, Why Go, DTE, Alive, Even Flow, YL, Just Breathe, The Fixer, Got Some, Unthought Known, Amongst The Waves. Just to name a few that could appear more often shows they're not exactly short of good replacements: Tremor Christ, Whipping, In My Tree, Who You Are, Rats, All Those Yesterdays, NAIS, Breakerfall, All Or None, Sad, Fatal, Thin Air, Man Of The Hour, Leatherman, Leash, Garden, Ghost, Help Help, EVACUATION, Satan's Bed, Oceans, Undone, Hold On, Indifference, Unemployable, Pilate, Faithful, No Way, Untitled/MFC, Last Exit, U, Severed Hand, Gone, Parting Ways, Sleight Of Hand, Can't Keep, Hard To Imagine, Rival, Dissident, Alone, etc, etc, etc, etc......... :D

Less covers, more back catalog!!!

I'll still take whatever I get though.... 8-)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    im ok with ever thjey choose to play...but if i need to choose one song that i dont have any interest to see alot..Just breathe is the one...played always and at the same section of the show..

Dimitris I could kiss you - you read my mind.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

lucky
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    pdalowsky wrote:

It still pops the crowd big time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    No more no more.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    davidtrios wrote:
    dottles wrote:

lucky

:lol::D:lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 78
    edited January 2017
    Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    pandora wrote:

:thumbup:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    pdalowsky wrote:

As my kid says to me ... No Way!

:D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Woobynab wrote:
    Last Kiss and Wishlist. Both songs give me a headache.

THIS 100%
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Bushleaguer. I assume it's gone, but who knows...
    Depends if Jeb runs for President in 2016!!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14