Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    edited July 2015
    I am American - Yes

I've been reading news and social media and it looks like Trump has lost nothing from the public over his McCain comments but the GOP will be on his ass.

Godfather.

So your Facebook and Twitter feeds are full of trump fans. Ok.

He has put his foot in his mouth one to many times. He is finished.
    you are probably right about putting his foot in his mouth and he stands no chance but I read more than my facebook and he's got huge support from a lot of people...more than you might think.
    he seems to say what most Americans are thinking but most politions wont say and that has been what is driving his public support, just read the news man then read the comments after each story not to mention the polls he still leads .

Godfather

Post edited by Godfather. on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I am American - No

I've been reading news and social media and it looks like Trump has lost nothing from the public over his McCain comments but the GOP will be on his ass.

Godfather.

you are probably right about putting his foot in his mouth and he stands no chance but I read more than my facebook and he's got huge support from a lot of people...more than you might think.
    he seems to say what most Americans are thinking but most politions wont say and that has been what is driving his public support, just read the news man then read the comments after each story not to mention the polls he still leads .

Godfather

No man...he says what roughly a third of the GOP base is thinking...that's it.

Wait until they start hammering him about his religious comments. That third will disappear.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I am American - Yes

Godfather.

Godfather

No man...he says what roughly a third of the GOP base is thinking...that's it.

Wait until they start hammering him about his religious comments. That third will disappear.
    he's dangerous, even to a point of ruining himself but he's opening the door to what most Americans really want and a more seasoned smoother talking polition will take his lead...I hope.

Godfather.

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited July 2015
    I am American - No
    GF, you hear his talks about religion. To me absolutely hilarious. He's not much of a believer. Now he goes to church Sundays when he has a chance and Xmas. Only wine he drinks is when he gets the cracker and doesn't ask for forgiveness, just does something good when he screws up.
    In a weeks he's pissed off the USA USA USA crowd and alienated religious folks.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    I am American - Yes
    callen said:

GF, you hear his talks about religion. To me absolutely hilarious. He's not much of a believer. Now he goes to church Sundays when he has a chance and Xmas. Only wine he drinks is what he gets the cracker and doesn't ask for forgiveness, just does something good when he screws up.
    In a weeks he's pissed off the USA USA USA crowd and alienated religious folks.

MAN ! I've missed that part, hold on it's going to be a wild ride !

Godfather.

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    He was at 13% before the comment...and he's at 13% after. Had no bearing on the poll numbers. I think it's mainly because McCain is a corrupt pile of shit, regardless of his war-time heroics, and most people know this. How this guy continues to be revered within the GOP is beyond belief. I actually voted for Obama, because I wanted to vote against that prick.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited July 2015
    Don't lump me in with you and most Americans. That's not what I think. And I'm willing to bet it's not how most Americans thinks. Don't you remember, just 3 years ago, most of America voted for a black president.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I am American - Yes
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    edited July 2015
    Jason P said:

Haha! I get the irony of a draft dodger criticizing a P.O.W. Not cool.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure it's right to criticize someone for not want to go to Viet Nam. I didn't dodge the draft myself so much as dodge a bullet. When Viet Nam was going on, the draft had a lottery system. My number was 54 out of 365. It's a miracle I wasn't called up (I did get as far as having to go to Oakland for the physical exam- what a hoot that was. "Bend over, gentlemen".) If I had been called, would I have "served my country" by going over to that tiny nation to "kill a commie for freedom"? No fuckin' way. That "war" was an abomination.

Edit: Just saw that you said this in another thread:

"OK. I don't give shit for someone trying to dodge service because I would have done the same myself. "

OK- cool!

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited July 2015
    I am American - No
    If there is a God, this guy will win the GOP nomination. There is absolutely no chance he will win a general election. None. No minorities are gonna vote for this jerkoff. No women are gonna vote for this jerkoff. And now his campaign is featuring, no military personnel will vote for this jerkoff!

I would get to sit back and watch as he alienates the entire electorate and ensures another 4-8 years of Democratic Presidential leadership, all while getting to hear guys like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher eviscerate him the whole time.

It's a win-win!

Go Donald!
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2015
    No
    I agree that it's not right for criticizing someone for dodging the Vietnam War. I actually admire people who did that. The more dodging they did, them more respect I have for them (not that it lessens my respect for those who went).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No
    Saltzy23 said:

If there is a God, this guy will win the GOP nomination. There is absolutely no chance he will win a general election. None. No minorities are gonna vote for this jerkoff. No women are gonna vote for this jerkoff. And now his campaign is featuring, no military personnel will vote for this jerkoff!

I would get to sit back and watch as he alienates the entire electorate and ensures another 4-8 years of Democratic Presidential leadership, all while getting to hear guys like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher eviscerate him the whole time.

It's a win-win!

Go Donald!

The more I see his antics, the more I'm starting to believe this might actually be the case. He has donated to both political parties in the past, giving more to Democrats. It would be brilliant if it was the master plan.
    No

Saltzy23 said:

It's a win-win!

Go Donald!

The more I see his antics, the more I'm starting to believe this might actually be the case. He has donated to both political parties in the past, giving more to Democrats. It would be brilliant if it was the master plan.
    It would be interesting... He would have punk'd the world, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No
    PJ_Soul said:

Saltzy23 said:

It's a win-win!

Go Donald!

There is no rational reason for this guy to think he can win.
    No

PJ_Soul said:

Saltzy23 said:

It's a win-win!

Go Donald!

There is no rational reason for this guy to think he can win.
    Ego has taken him pretty far in life so far, so I can understand how his ego would make him think he could win too.... It worked for Arnold. His ego got him to the highest political position he can legally hold in the US. Trump is just doing the same thing.
    I am American - Yes
    Trump just shout out Lindsey Graham's actual phone number on live TV!
    I am American - Yes
    if he by some SLIM chance he does win the election you guys know I aint the "I told you so" type.......LOL!!!! RIGHT !

Godfather.
    I am American - Yes

if he by some SLIM chance he does win the election you guys know I aint the "I told you so" type.......LOL!!!! RIGHT !

Godfather.

You will only have a few months to enjoy it as soon as he starts getting in Putin's grill and causes global thermonuclear fallout.
    I am American - Yes
    Jason P said:

Godfather.

You will only have a few months to enjoy it as soon as he starts getting in Putin's grill and causes global thermonuclear fallout.
    that's one reason I will not vote for him. he is way to lippy and dangerous.

Godfather.

Godfather.

You may not be the I told ya so type, but I sure am the betting type. I have a clean crisp $100 Bill that says trump doesn't even win the nomination. Let alone the presidency.
    I am American - Yes

Godfather.

You may not be the I told ya so type, but I sure am the betting type. I have a clean crisp $100 Bill that says trump doesn't even win the nomination. Let alone the presidency.
    what does a $100 bill look like ? no way buddy ! I have to agree with on that but if it were up to the people he'd have a pretty good chance but in the good ol' boy politcial arena he's toast...for now anyway ,at least until he crosses the line with the American public then who knows.

but I'd be willing to bet 1 American dollar that he will be the guy that people will say "I wonder what would have happened if he became president"
    I am affraid he would get us into deep shit with his tough guy way of thinking and actions...but also he could be the guy who sourounds himself with experianced people rather than make resh dissisions (like obama)

Godfather.

Godfather.

what does a $100 bill look like ? no way buddy ! I have to agree with on that but if it were up to the people he'd have a pretty good chance but in the good ol' boy politcial arena he's toast...for now anyway ,at least until he crosses the line with the American public then who knows.

but I'd be willing to bet 1 American dollar that he will be the guy that people will say "I wonder what would have happened if he became president"
    I am affraid he would get us into deep shit with his tough guy way of thinking and actions...but also he could be the guy who sourounds himself with experianced people rather than make resh dissisions (like obama)

Godfather.

I also wonder sometimes if the expos would have won the world series in '95 if the players didn't go on strike. But ultimately, nobody cares.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    I am American - No
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I am American - No
    No change here. Still think he is out of the race by Super Tuesday.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Lets put Trump and Bernie Sanders on a debate stage and see what happens. It would be a bit like putting me and Mike McCready on a stage for a guitar shootout. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• I am American - No
    brianlux said:

Lets put Trump and Bernie Sanders on a debate stage and see what happens. It would be a bit like putting me and Mike McCready on a stage for a guitar shootout. :lol:

I'd love to see Bernie Sanders and Trump on the debate stage. Sooner or later, Trump is going to have to give some specific details in his answers. Trump stated he will repeal and replacement Obamacare with "something terrific." Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy ... what could it be?! Where is a sarcasm emoticon when you need one?

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    If they are able to eliminate state lines for insurance like he's said time and again that will be huge. He's also said he wants people to be provided insurance if they can't afford it. He's not opposed to a single payer system like Canada. He wants to eliminate the rape job we were given when the Republicans fucked up Obamacare, which worked out REALLY well for insurance. Those are just a few of the reasons why Republicans want him eliminated from the race. He's waaaaaaayyyyyyy too left for the right wing whack jobs.

brianlux said:

I'd love to see Bernie Sanders and Trump on the debate stage. Sooner or later, Trump is going to have to give some specific details in his answers. Trump stated he will repeal and replacement Obamacare with "something terrific." Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy ... what could it be?! Where is a sarcasm emoticon when you need one?

This one? image

Or maybe this one?

LOL!

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

This one? image

Or maybe this one?

LOL!

:p
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited August 2015
    I am American - No
    :punch:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?