Ani's work out tips

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited August 2015

I have been meaning to try yoga for a while. A buddy at my work keeps trying to get me to go as he swears by it. This should be the catalyst for me to give it a try. I'm tired of looking at sweaty dudes the whole time at the gym. It would be nice to see something pleasant for a change. Thank you for the tip RR, I will give it a try.

Always happy to help.
    I love when some of my Knuckle dragging,Mouth Breathing, meat head friends at the gym call me gay or soft for doing Pilates and yoga to go along with the weight training.I tell them you back zit infected mother fuckers are working out in the pit with a bunch of sweaty grunting dudes while I'm in a room with 20 smoking hot ladies bending over in tight spandex.Whos the gay one dumbass?????
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Tip:

Don't throw your protein drink at gym employees

http://rol.st/1IPrKPc
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    If he had thrown it with a straw inside he would have been ok. That was his failure. Protein drinks should be consumed through a straw.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    RKCNDY said:

Right?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1

Tip:

First question I had was why was drinking Muscle Milk in the first place? Everyone knows that's some low grade protein.A man of his social stature coulda sprung for some Syntha-6 or GNCs top shelf powder.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Tip:

Another tip:

Don't wear wide horizontal stripes if you've put on a few pounds (and I'm not talking muscle, either).
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

Tip:

Another tip:

Don't wear wide horizontal stripes if you've put on a few pounds (and I'm not talking muscle, either).
    That might be tough on some of those folks working out in a prison gym.

Do you think 1 vertical stripe will make me look faster while running on the treadmill??
    Oh and if your a guy do not tuck your shirt in to your gym shorts.Not a good look.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    edited August 2015
    rr165892 said:

Oh and if your a guy do not tuck your shirt in to your gym shorts.Not a good look.

how about tucked into camo pants?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    hey ani do you have a really nice body and skin with all the crap that you eat and do you use it all for your special woman
    or....
    do you look got awful have a body like a dog with acne squirting prone skin and use it for any chick that comes along and lie to your lady lol sounds horrid i know wouldnt possible come from you would it ??
    rr165892 said:

SD48277 said:

Tip:

Another tip:

Do you think 1 vertical stripe will make me look faster while running on the treadmill??
    Maybe diagonal lines would be better? Lightning bolts?
    ELITIST FUK
    JWPearl said:

hey ani do you have a really nice body and skin with all the crap that you eat and do you use it all for your special woman
    or....
    do you look got awful have a body like a dog with acne squirting prone skin and use it for any chick that comes along and lie to your lady lol sounds horrid i know wouldnt possible come from you would it ??

I haven't ever even kissed another woman since I met my wife 22 years ago. I'm like a dog in that I'm very loyal. I workout mostly for myself as it keeps me sane. All my stress goes away when I'm in the gym.

My skin is very nice, no acne and body is getting there. I have about an extra pound on my mid section I'm working off. I cut out all carbs this week to finish cutting it down. It's not so easy at 40 to get rid of that last little fat there.

Shirts tucked into camo pants are fine. It's regs so no choice. He's on a base or he isn't a marine. Marines don't wear camies off base except to go home. He could be army but I doubt it.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    SD48277 said:

rr165892 said:

SD48277 said:

Tip:

Another tip:

Like Bowie circa 74'.
    Yes it could work out to be quite the gym fashion statement.

JWPearl said:

or....

I haven't ever even kissed another woman since I met my wife 22 years ago. I'm like a dog in that I'm very loyal. I workout mostly for myself as it keeps me sane. All my stress goes away when I'm in the gym.

My skin is very nice, no acne and body is getting there. I have about an extra pound on my mid section I'm working off. I cut out all carbs this week to finish cutting it down. It's not so easy at 40 to get rid of that last little fat there.

Shirts tucked into camo pants are fine. It's regs so no choice. He's on a base or he isn't a marine. Marines don't wear camies off base except to go home. He could be army but I doubt it.
    Yeah military gets a pass.They can wear whatever the fuck they want.But the dude at the gym who is trying his best to pull off a Richard Simmons look,not so much.
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    How did I miss a workout thread !!!

I'm doing a double bicep pose right now as I type this.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Not everybody that eats fast food looks horrible. Not everybody that eats healthy looks wonderful.
    Anybody that has read up and understands the basics of a diet & exercise regimen can tell you that.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    yellowwho said:

Empty started this as a joke when I shared my dream to go work out in the rich peoples club with mahogany lockers and people standing by to bring you water and to wipe down what you were working out on when you are done. Thanks to RR it is taking a more serious tone other than a few degenerate wise asses coming in. It would be awesome to have another fitness enthusiast on board in the thread.

By the way empty, my dream comes true Tuesday. I agreed with the queen to wait until 8/15 to switch because of the increased costs as it is very expensive (almost 100 per month). I got a referral that gave me 1 week free so first workout next week is there. When I mapped them out Monday is an off day so Tuesday it is. The wife is now trying to talk me out of it and sending me less expensive places she thinks I will like that is still an upgrade from where I go now. She is wrong so I have poo poo'd her suggestions. This is my dream right now and I will not back down. She already agreed if this is what. I shall have my dream.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Does your wife know your love for mahogany?

Also, I'm shutting this thread down. It's run its course.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Of course you want to shut it down now.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

yellowwho said:

Empty started this as a joke when I shared my dream to go work out in the rich peoples club with mahogany lockers and people standing by to bring you water and to wipe down what you were working out on when you are done. Thanks to RR it is taking a more serious tone other than a few degenerate wise asses coming in. It would be awesome to have another fitness enthusiast on board in the thread.

By the way empty, my dream comes true Tuesday. I agreed with the queen to wait until 8/15 to switch because of the increased costs as it is very expensive (almost 100 per month). I got a referral that gave me 1 week free so first workout next week is there. When I mapped them out Monday is an off day so Tuesday it is. The wife is now trying to talk me out of it and sending me less expensive places she thinks I will like that is still an upgrade from where I go now. She is wrong so I have poo poo'd her suggestions. This is my dream right now and I will not back down. She already agreed if this is what. I shall have my dream.
    Having mahogany lockers in a gym is a legitimate dream in my book, for sure. That's when you know you've reached the top. And you are correct, degenerate tendencies freely flow here at times, but don't let it obstruct you from reaching your goals. Good luck
    rr165892 said:

SD48277 said:

rr165892 said:

SD48277 said:

Tip:

Another tip:

Like Bowie circa 74'.
    Yes it could work out to be quite the gym fashion statement.
    :lol:I hadn't even thought about Bowie, but that is hilarious. With the Aladdin Sane makeup, of course.
    ELITIST FUK
    I'll keep it open till yellowwho gets mahogany
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I'll keep it open till yellowwho gets mahogany

You mean it !

Thanks man your alright, for being a degenerate and all.

JWPearl said:

or....

I workout mostly for myself as it keeps me sane. All my stress goes away when I'm in the gym.
    stress???? I thought your "work" consisted of rubber band fights, practcal jokes, farting and other hijinx.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I have 4 kids, including a daughter who turns 16 in a few months. Work is not my stress in life.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

I have 4 kids, including a daughter who turns 16 in a few months. Work is not my stress in life.

Groucho liked his cigar but even he took it out every once in awhile.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

2 more years till we can ask for pics. Calendar marked
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

2 more years till we can ask for pics. Calendar marked
    You owe me dinner before the who show for that one.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ^^^ You three =)