Secret Santa 2014

Comments

• OMFG! Just opened my gifts...absolute perfection as well as perfect timing!! I got a local brewery glass, some trader Joe's sweets, various stickers (pj, brewery, & U2!) I'm super stoked about the cd of holiday PJ! One item literally sent chills up my spine due to the timing: North side story U2 book!! I've literally been debating purchasing this all day but decided to hold off because of ticket & travel expenses for venturing to the Chicago show. Again, immaculate timing!! I'm so giddee I'll have a hard time going to sleep!! Thank you so much MD11052; I'm assuming this because of the little birdie comment :) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

No, I did not have the PJ photographic record book :) Thanks a million times!

• mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    Stopped to check my mail on way to work last night and BAM there was a mystery box. . . Here is the goodies inside on top of the 10C gift card I used on Black Friday towards the Crash Jacket. . .

I cant wait to try the "mystery" goodies as I have no idea what the packages say lol, but they look yummy, and the PJ print on canvas is super bad ass and I cant wait to hang it in my pj room

Thanks a ton Rona you made my week :-) and also my first ever parcel or letter from Israel :-)

Merry Christmas Everyone :-)

Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    ^^^ Nice! It's been great reading and seeing what everyone has been getting. Good job, everyone.
    ELITIST FUK
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Couldn't have picked a better photo! Wow! Nice, canvas what a great idea!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Some great gifts!! Good job everyone!!
  • TerryGTerryG La Crosse, WI Posts: 366

Hello all and Merry Christmas

...two things...

1.) Terry G... thanks so much for my gifts. 3 T Shirts, the new pearl jam aviator pin, two, count them TWO pearl jam decals, and I'm not sure what else as I am not home to double check, (i'll edit later)...thanks THANKS SOOO MUCH!! I look forward to this every year!!

2.) I haven't sent mine out yet. I, like a few others am waiting on a couple of items and it'll go out shortly. I promise it'll get to where its going before Christmas!

If I can post pictures of my stash I will soon!!

Thanks Green Circle, I am glad it arrived and you like the gift, It was fun putting the stuff together!
    Do yourself a favor and be you online. Anonymity plus audience often equals asshole.
    Try not to be one. Make mom proud.
    Dan Johns
  • MD11052MD11052 Posts: 36
    edited December 2014
    WOOOOHOOOOO!!!... so glad you enjoyed you gifts Mrsitaly22! I thought that the design on the glass is very PJish. Love the NorthSide book. Hope things work out with U2 in Chicago...I was contemplating that show (inlaws are in Chicago) but decided on the local San Jose show.
  • MD11052MD11052 Posts: 36
    edited December 2014
    imagePJ Secret Santa photo PJSecretSanta_zpsfb2c17a2.jpg" />Thank you so much oftenreading for the great gifts!!!!... Love the Canadian feel to it all. Can't wait to dive into the PJ chocolatewhile listening to the Vancouver boot as my gourment mushrooms cook all smothered in the legit maple syrup annd the while playing with my new food fighetsr...love that little rifflandia pin!!!
    Post edited by MD11052 on
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    MD11052 said:

imagePJ Secret Santa photo PJSecretSanta_zpsfb2c17a2.jpg" />Thank you so much oftenreading for the great gifts!!!!... Love the Canadian feel to it all. Can't wait to dive into the PJ chocolatewhile listening to the Vancouver boot as my gourment mushrooms cook all smothered in the legit maple syrup annd the while playing with my new food fighetsr...love that little rifflandia pin!!!

CANADIAN maple syrup! Enough said!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I gave up on waiting for things to arrive and send it away today anyways!
    It will arrive on time so all is good.
  • mailed my package - tracking says it will arrive tomorrow...love the tension, like waiting for
    PJ tickets to go on sale!
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Love seeing all the photos. Mine went off today. Finally.
    Nice score MD! Love that patch and very creative with the chocolate!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    MD11052 said:

Hey, you got a photo up! Glad you are enjoying the bits and pieces. I had to edit the chocolate a bit - originally I could only find a "P" and a "U", and "PU" wasn't quite what I was going for, but a little chopping fixed that up, and I got a piece of chocolate, too. ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

MD11052 said:

Hey, you got a photo up! Glad you are enjoying the bits and pieces. I had to edit the chocolate a bit - originally I could only find a "P" and a "U", and "PU" wasn't quite what I was going for, but a little chopping fixed that up, and I got a piece of chocolate, too. ;)
    Pretty fucken clever!
  • So glad I did the SS this year!!!
  • I just got a message from the USPS that said "attempted delivery abroad". Made me a little nervous. Hopefully, they left a note on my Santa-ee's box!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....

9b62a062-ff5e-4ae3-9ff8-6d47ef18c764_zps86ddfa45.jpg
  • leekstokieleekstokie Stoke-on-Trent - UK Posts: 900
    Massive thanks to Moretonbayfig for my amazing gifts. Couldn't of asked for anything better. The Radiohead live recordings vinyl is incredible.

photo IMG_2639.jpg" />
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 101
    edited December 2014
    VedderMTL said:

Got mine today in Canada !

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hope you enjoy it! :) Even if it comes from Boston. ;)

Haven't received anything yet from mine, in case my secret santa is reading this.
    Post edited by trebmal on
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • LF55358LF55358 Minnesota Posts: 71
    Seeing a lot of great gifts & now I feel bad for the dude i sent my gift too. Sorry "LM" its my first year in the Secret Santa - look forward to 2015 & I must redeem myself.
    How lucky am I?!!??

Just got in from Jacksonville and found a package! From where? Australia!!!

And how lucky am I??!? Oh boy! I just opened part 1 of 2!! Yippee!!!

Love everything! I already broke into the cookies - delicious! What great ideas in here! I also got an Australian themed hand towel, little koala souvenirs, adorable card, macadamia nuts, and an Aussie homesick pack - didn't get to open that yet...thank you thank you thank you!

Can't wait to see part 2! :D Too cool!

• monimoni Posts: 14
    LF55358 said:

Seeing a lot of great gifts & now I feel bad for the dude i sent my gift too. Sorry "LM" its my first year in the Secret Santa - look forward to 2015 & I must redeem myself.

That's exactly what I was thinking, this is my 1st SS too and even though I don't know if my SS ever received my gift (it says delivered since Nov 17) but seeing all this amazing gifts made me feel bad too...
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    moni said:

LF55358 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, this is my 1st SS too and even though I don't know if my SS ever received my gift (it says delivered since Nov 17) but seeing all this amazing gifts made me feel bad too...
    Same here! It's silly to feel bad if you couldn't afford to spend loads or just didn't realise it was ok to do so though. That's my excuse anyway :p
    LF, moni, and jennycoyle - no pressure! All your peeps will love their gifts!
  • JawsJaws Canada Posts: 54
    Good news, I hope. The postal tracking site says My gift was delivered at 2 pm FRIDAY :D hope he gets it and shares a pic!! Thought mine was here but it was something else & just as good :x my club renewal package. Yay!!
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I'm waiting for something to come in the mail, but once it does I'll ship! It WON'T BE LATE!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Jaws said:

Good news, I hope. The postal tracking site says My gift was delivered at 2 pm FRIDAY :D hope he gets it and shares a pic!! Thought mine was here but it was something else & just as good :x my club renewal package. Yay!!

Haha I had this happen to me on Friday...parcel notice in my mailbox got super excited. It was my member pack but also a poster tube which got me excited cause I thought either that's my SS present or my Moline poster....nope I won two posters in one of EV raffles from like a month ago that I had forgotten all about entering lol....so sweet. I must have been good this year cause I appear to be on Santa's very nice list.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    edited December 2014
    I was just wondering whether my gift had arrived at its final destination when I had a knock on the door and a parcel all the way from New Jersey!
    Thank you so much lizabelle1217 for your wonderful, thoughtful parcel of goodies!
    Included is: 4 x PJ stickers (will be on my guitar shortly!); 2 x Santa Rocks the stache sacks with candy and magical reindeer food (my kids will love these); PJ chritmas ornaments (on my tree already); PJ Someday at Christmas 45; A book on photos of New Jersey (beautiful); 642 Tiny Things to Write About book; some yummy treat; The Rockfords EP; a coaster from Alaskaand a very cool custom card.
    WOW so thoughtful and AWESOME!!!!! Thank you lizabelle1217!!

Merry Christmas everyone

Post edited by tinkerbell on
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Krissyg303Krissyg303 Longmont, Co Posts: 14
    Mine was supposed to be delivered today! Hope my SS got it okay & enjoys it!
    Kristin G

"I know I was born & I know that I"ll die, the in-between is mine."

6/19/1995 Red Rocks Ampitheatre, Morrison
    6/23/1998 Fiddlers Green, Denver
    10/20/2000 Mesa Del Sol, Albuquerque
    4/01/2003 Pepsi Center, Denver
    7/02/2006 Pepsi Center, Denver
    11/29/2013 Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix
    10/09/2014 Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln
    10/22/2014 Pepsi Center, Denver

8/5/2016 Fenway Park
    8/7/16 Fenway Park
    Wow tinkerbell nice stash!