Options

Secret Santa 2014

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    FoxyRedLa said:

Hey Badbrains - any updates??

Well, I know my package to my ss was delivered over a week ago. But the package I sent Logan is Mia, they said give it a couple of weeks and it mite show up. Sux cuz I don't have the tracking num for his. Fuck!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Hey Badbrains - any updates??

Well, I know my package to my ss was delivered over a week ago. But the package I sent Logan is Mia, they said give it a couple of weeks and it mite show up. Sux cuz I don't have the tracking num for his. Fuck!
    Fingers crossed....
    [-O< and hoping.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    Thank you Secret Santa! Dig the poster! It's badass! image
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    @staceyd1800‌ Oooh!! So happy it arrived and nothing is damaged (or is it?) And even more happier you like it! I thought you'd love some dutch things. And the tin with "chocolate" is no chocolate haha! It says 'Stroopkoeken' and in the tin are real dutch cookies, hope you'll like them, but I definitely love them! And I didn't know if you already had the Beatles vinyl, but I think you didn't had this Holland made vinyl... :wink: And the tin is antique, so a bit rusty on the inside, but it's typical dutch and there's a nurse on it. So when I saw it I just had to buy it for you. But it was my first time that I joined and am so glad you like the stuff and can't wait to do it again next year! For now; have a nice christmas and enjoy your cookies!! :blush:
  • Options
    JawsJaws Canada Posts: 54
    edited December 2014
    Yay!! Thank you, Thank you Thank you so very much Gillian B from Almelo in Netherlands. I couldn't find your board name on the package or the card, maybe I missed it. But I'm gunna guess GillyBoks is/was my SS.. So hopefully you're following these posts to confirm.
    image Looks like Customs unwrapped every gift and rewrapped them half assed, except for one gift, it was still all wrapped nice and neat.
    Thank you for including a Little Description card with each gift. That was awesome! image
    Only one casualty - one fry tray was broken, I'll add it to my coke collection cabinet... I LOVE all the stuff you sent and the Coke can will go perfect in my Collection. Please thank your son for the Dog toy, I'm sure my Max will have some fun with it. Perfect timing to get the package, I was doing some baking with my girlfriends that very night and the Apron came in very handy. My guests insisted that they wanted to have tea in the awesome mugs you sent. So, they had tea and the cookies you sent and we had a great evening. Thank you again. Merry Christmas
    Prettige Kerstdagen Everyone!!
    :x
    Post edited by Jaws on
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    edited December 2014
    Thank you so much to my Secret Santa, Danee, for the wonderful gift! It's an artistic print with the lyrics to Elderly Woman. Thank you also for your thoughtful card. After reading it I thought, now I have a Pearl Jam friend in the midwest. You are the best! I'm sorry but I don't see your board name on the card, so please reveal yourself if you choose!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Post edited by dogtown on
  • Options
    LF55358LF55358 Minnesota Posts: 71
    @northerndragon - My sweet Secret Santa of the north was good to me. I love the picture going to hang it up in my office. I wanted to wait (Sorry) to open on Christmas Day, but was way too excited.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Part 2 of my Secret Santa gift arrived today and Wow! Mahndog, you've outdone yourself. Seven - count 'em - seven discs, bootlegs and videos, including my Milwaukee show, and Benaroya Hall. I can hardly wait. Thanks so much, Mahndog. (Oh, plus a tiny stickman sticker :D )
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Nice!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    MD11052 said:

Nice!

Hey, how are you doing? Any maple syrup left? ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited December 2014

NORTHERNDRAGON TO LF55358"

Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    staceyd1800staceyd1800 Pennsylvania Posts: 93
    @JarmoVanDijk‌ Nothing at all was damaged by customs although they did tear through everything! The cookies are amazing. I thought it was chocolate :smiley: I've listened to the Beatles vinyl several times and LOVE it! I did not have this one :smile: The tin is beautiful and I thank you so very much for all of the gifts! I loved every single one!! Not completely sure if this is correct but here goes..... Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!!!!
  • Options
    arms outstretchedarms outstretched topearljamwithlove.com Posts: 91
    edited December 2014
    Cheers to my Secret Santa for the Pearl Jam gift cert!! I used to to buy the Gydnia poster I've had my eye on :D<3 Thank you!! Merry Merry to all!! (sorry posted this elsewhere last week....:) ) Hoping my gift got to Slovakia in one piece! Thanks again Dimi!! <3
    21-09-1996 Toronto * 2-08-1998 Barrie * 5-10-2000 Toronto * 28-6-2003 Toronto * 6-10-2004 Ashville * 11-9-2005 Kitchener * 12-9-2005 London * 13-9-2005 Hamilton * 15-09-2005 Montreal * 19-09-2005 Toronto * 9-5-2006 Toronto * 10-5-2006 Toronto * 28-6-2008 Mansfield * 9-8-2008 Ed Montreal * 12-8-2008 Ed Toronto * 21-8-2009 Toronto * 9-7-2011 Ed Santa Barbara * 11-7-2011 Ed Oakland * 7-9-2011 Montreal * 11-9-2011 Toronto * 12-9-2011 Toronto * 14-9-2011 Ottawa * 16-07-13 London * 19-07-13 Wrigley * 11-10-13 Pittsburgh * 12-10-13 Buffalo * 21-10-13 Philly 1 * 22-10-13 Philly 2 * 04-12-13 Vancouver * 06-12-13 Seattle * ALL EUROPE 2014 (I am a lucky girl!!) * Cincy 01-10-14 * STL 03-10-14 * Detroit 16-10-14 * Moline 17-10-14 * NYC/Global Citizen 26-09-15 * Sao Paulo 14-11-15 * Brasilia 17-11-15 * Belo Horizonte 20-11-15 * Rio 22-11-14 * Fort Lauderdale 8-4-16 * Miami 9-4-16 * Quebec 5-5-16 * Ottawa 8-5-16 * Toronto 10-5-16 & 12-5-16 * Telluride 9-7-16 * headed for WRIGLEY!!!
  • Options
    GillyBoksGillyBoks Almelo, the Netherlands Posts: 2
    @Jaws‌, I am glad you like the gifts. I had a lot of fun shopping for them with my son. I was a bit worried that customs would be a problem. I am pleased to see they re-packed the gifts, even if it is a bit.....ehm crappy. The fun thing of receiving gift is unwrapping :)) Well enjoy and prettige kerst!!
  • Options
    @oftenreading Still haven't cracked into the maple syrup...saving it for the perfect time :)
  • Options
    JawsJaws Canada Posts: 54
    GillyBoks said:

@Jaws‌, I am glad you like the gifts. I had a lot of fun shopping for them with my son. I was a bit worried that customs would be a problem. I am pleased to see they re-packed the gifts, even if it is a bit.....ehm crappy. The fun thing of receiving gift is unwrapping :)) Well enjoy and prettige kerst!!

;)
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    LF55358 said:

@northerndragon - My sweet Secret Santa of the north was good to me. I love the picture going to hang it up in my office. I wanted to wait (Sorry) to open on Christmas Day, but was way too excited.

I'm glad you like it and that everything got there. That St Paul show was amazing, I was so happy I was lucky enough to be there. You Minnesotans sure put out the welcome mat and put on an event :) Merry Christmas
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    My gift is finally going out tomorrow. Luckily they are in the US so it should definitely arrive before Xmas!
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Just came home from a very long hard day and found a sweet package in the kitchen...
    coming all the way from Australia!
    My SS sent me coockies in a beautiful tin, a cool Australia magnet, a cute stuffed animal (Kangaroo), a beautiful Australia Mini-Calendar, PJ sticker and a big wonderful towel with great Australia motifs!
    Thank you so much my perfect first Secret Santa CATE for all this incredible beautiful gifts - I love them all and couldn´t be happier!
    I hope you will have great holidays! Wish you a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year for you and your family !

I love this Secret Santa fun! MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you great PJ Club Members !!!
    :x
  • Options
    lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222
    edited December 2014
    Not sure if my SS is on here much - LotusPearl73, but I just wanted to thank you for the awesome SS gift!! The card and the pillowcase are so cool. Where did you find the wave sticker that you put in the card?? I think that's my favorite part! :)
    The E.V. pillowcase is really cool... We just need to decide where to put it so the kitty cat doesn't destroy it! :)) (Nice likeness drawing of our Mr. Frisco, too, btw!)
    Thanks again!! Merry Christmas!! :x
    Post edited by lizabelle1217 on
  • Options
    asatersasaters Loveland, CO Posts: 41
    Got some really cool EV stuff in my gift box from my SS! Thank you so much and Merry Christmas to everyone!
    2013: Wrigley, OKC, Seattle
    2014: Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Greenville, SC, Fenway Night 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1
  • Options
    WoogieWoogie NYC Posts: 409
    Thank you so much Wendy "Tinkerbell" Carr!! I received all my wonderful gifts all the way from New Zealand!! I LOVE the scarf you knitted for me - in my favorite color! The NZ calendar is beautiful and the book is hilarious! I can't wait to put up my Christmas tree and hang my new ornaments. And Thank you for the bootlegs of Milan and Trieste (I assume they are from you, they came from nugs). Exactly what I wanted!!! I am so excited to have a new friend on the other side of the planet! Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!!! I will send a photo to Dimi because I still can't figure out how to post a picture on here.
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    Woogie said:

Thank you so much Wendy "Tinkerbell" Carr!! I received all my wonderful gifts all the way from New Zealand!! I LOVE the scarf you knitted for me - in my favorite color! The NZ calendar is beautiful and the book is hilarious! I can't wait to put up my Christmas tree and hang my new ornaments. And Thank you for the bootlegs of Milan and Trieste (I assume they are from you, they came from nugs). Exactly what I wanted!!! I am so excited to have a new friend on the other side of the planet! Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!!! I will send a photo to Dimi because I still can't figure out how to post a picture on here.

I'm glad that it all got to you safely and well before Christmas! Merry Christmas :smiley:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Woogie said:

Awesome!! You deserve all the best!!!

=D> =D> =D>
  • Options
    MettaMetta italy Posts: 5
    edited December 2014
    I have received mine from Catarina... I'm sorry I took some pics of her present but I'm not able to put them here on forum.. I'm not so familiar with forum.. (Maybe this is my second or third message here)..
    I just want to say thanks again to my SS Catarina (from Slovakia) and Ann (from US) ..
    This was my first experience of SS.. Next time I will try to be more creative!
    PS: thanks to Dimitris! You are awesome! image >:D<
    Post edited by Metta on
  • Options
    Metta said:

I have received mine from Catarina... I'm sorry I took some pics of her present but I'm not able to put them here on forum.. I'm not so familiar with forum.. (Maybe this is my second or third message here)..
    I just want to say thanks again to my SS Catarina (from Slovakia) and Ann (from US

I just got an email from dimi so check your email. You can send him the pics thru email and he'll post for you. He's got a lot of free time cuz they don't do shit in Greece except eat and have sex. Ask dimi, he'll tell you he eats for about 30mins and then he has sex for about 3 mins and then his days free. He needs to find something to do with his 23 1/2 hrs left in the day for him. Especially since there's no setlist thread or tour for him to occupy his time. =))
  • Options
    MettaMetta italy Posts: 5
    So, I'm very lucky to live near Greece!
    :D
  • Options
    Thank you so much Brian!! I think you are 'brianfromky'? If not, let me know! :) But thank you so much for your fantastic gifts! I received it Friday, opened it yesterday and now I'll post a photo on this forum. I loved everything that was in the package! There were 3 (actually 4) cd's in it; one of TresMts, another one of Brad and a 2-cd bootleg of Bob Dylan wich was recorded here in my Homeland The Netherlands! Absolutely awesome! There was also a pin from St. Louis 2014 in it and definitely love that one! I only had the Amsterdam pin, and now I can add the St. louis pin to my collection. And then there were also many, many PJ stickers in it and love all of them! And last but not least, there was a beautiful PJ christmas card in it, with pictures that Brian took! Such a beatiful card with a very nice message in it! So again; Thank you so much for everything Brian! It was the first time I joined this Secret Santa party and can't wait to do it again next year! Thanks! And have a nice Holiday, a wonderful Christmas and a very good 2015! :-bd

• Options
    Metta said:

So, I'm very lucky to live near Greece!
    :D

Oh boy, just what dimi needs to know, another woman who's close to his vicinity. :D
  • Options
    KG200371KG200371 Bratislava, Slovakia Posts: 2
    Metta said:

I just want to say thanks again to my SS Catarina (from Slovakia) and Ann (from US) ..
    This was my first experience of SS.. Next time I will try to be more creative!
    PS: thanks to Dimitris! You are awesome! image >:D<

Santa's very happy you like your gift Metta. Merry Christmas! :smile: