2014 TEN CLUB MEMBER PACK

14567810»

Comments

• DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    rgambs said:

a bandana is one the most useful items known to man! If you can't find use for a bandana you probably need to spend more time out in the world away from flourescent lighting. I would love a bandana!
    This "community" is a dissapointment. No plans shaping up for the Euro tour, compounded with whining and complaining about free stuff.... Meanwhile I am on here SHAMEFULLY BEGGING for people to send me a patch with only one glorious individual responding.
    "Oh pity me I have to hoard this stuff I don't want in a drawer and forget about it, sad face, leaky eyes, piss in my cornflakes...
    Man up people!

You can have my patch.

I'll give my stickers to my god daughter. Not only did the vinyl single stink this year but the "gift" is basically a redo of the past two years.

If someone wants the print let me know when I get it I'll send it out when I make it to the post office.
    My butt itches!
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    deadendp said:

Why do people always have to complain? Yes, the 2014 pack has a print. It is a print, not a poster. It is well made and ART! Are there stickers? Yes. Ed and Jeff have stickers on a lot of things. I'm thinking that since they have a fondness for stickers, that is why they continue to include them in the pack. Quite fine with me. For those complaining about 10c branding, if you are here, you are a member of 10c. 10c is for the fans of all seasons-- not just when the new records come out. If you want PJ branded merch, buy it here. People have wanted shirts, yet have complained about when they had them before because of what was printed on them. This is a band run by artists. As such, you'll have member packs that are more art oriented and with less of an off-the-shelf-at-Target look. That's okay. We're here to support the band. My husband, a die hard death metal fan, said that he wished that his bands did only 1/4 of what PJ does for their fans. Realize that PJ is not your typical band and truly cares about the support that we give to them. Go forth, be happy and appreciate when a 10c branded box hits your mailbox. I know that we are.

This!!...I will never complain about a member pack again
  • caoboicaoboi Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    DISREGARD...SOMEONE'S ALREADY SNATCHED THIS UP.

does anyone want my 2014 membership kit? i like the images but i have not intentions of hanging them or sewing them onto anything. they're too cool to just throw out. so send me a message with your postal address and i'll just send it to you. no charge. have a good one. -alan

DISREGARD...SOMEONE'S ALREADY SNATCHED THIS UP.
    Post edited by caoboi on
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    vaggar99 said:

deadendp said:

Why do people always have to complain? Yes, the 2014 pack has a print. It is a print, not a poster. It is well made and ART! Are there stickers? Yes. Ed and Jeff have stickers on a lot of things. I'm thinking that since they have a fondness for stickers, that is why they continue to include them in the pack. Quite fine with me. For those complaining about 10c branding, if you are here, you are a member of 10c. 10c is for the fans of all seasons-- not just when the new records come out. If you want PJ branded merch, buy it here. People have wanted shirts, yet have complained about when they had them before because of what was printed on them. This is a band run by artists. As such, you'll have member packs that are more art oriented and with less of an off-the-shelf-at-Target look. That's okay. We're here to support the band. My husband, a die hard death metal fan, said that he wished that his bands did only 1/4 of what PJ does for their fans. Realize that PJ is not your typical band and truly cares about the support that we give to them. Go forth, be happy and appreciate when a 10c branded box hits your mailbox. I know that we are.

This!!...I will never complain about a member pack again
    I get what you're saying dead but three years in a row of basically the same thing sends a message of "We don't care and are putting no thought into this" I'm not going to whine and cry about it. I don't like it so I downgraded my membership. If I want the Christmas vinyl I will buy it from someone but most likely I won't since I am not a fan of 45's.

I could handle a sticker sheet with something or the patch or even the print with say a keychain or something. But I have tons of Pearl Jam stickers so many that they are sitting in a lunchbox waiting for my next guitar case purchase for their new home. I guess what get's me is they make 10c shirts then sell them in the store. Why not give the analog members a shirt? I still rock my I'm Analog shirt. I am in the minority when it comes to liking that shirt. It's comfortable and get's a chuckle out of people when I go to the record store.

I get what people say about getting the free download code and the vinyl. But I only buy bootlegs of shows I attend. I have other shows from friends. A fellow jammer sent me all the Europe shows they went to I don't really listen to them that much. I appreciate it a lot. Maybe it's just me but that's how I am.

I'm also not going to apologize for having an opinion that is not in favor of something the 10c does. 99% of the time I have no complaints. I have had issues with things and the men and women who work at the 10c HQ have always done me right. No business is perfect they make mistakes even successful ones (Zune anyone) and as a paying customer I have a right to not agree with a product. Just like you have the right to think they are hitting home run's every time.

My butt itches!
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    ^^^Completely agree with everything Durp said...

To each their own.

The only live shows I listen to are the ones I've attended, (and sadly two of the most epic shows I've attended, Wrigley/Alpine Valley still don't have boots) so while the download code is "nice" its not really helpful. I think I have 4 or 5 waiting to be used currently.

Again, its not the idea that I don't appreciate the things Ten Club currently does...my only point was that the specific member packs that they've been giving out the last 3 years aren't particular useful and the fact that they have done the same thing for 3 years, is highly disappointing. Its basically like when my grandmother gets me a gift at Christmas...I thoroughly appreciated the effort and loved that she got me a gift, but 95% of the time it was the same thing as last year and it was something I wasn't going to use. Literally the only thing that comes from being a member of 10club that I genuinely enjoy is the vinyl single. Everything else either sits unused in my account (download codes) or goes into a drawer and is never looked at until I put next years pack in the drawer.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yeah, honestly if it weren't for the holiday vinyl single, I'd probably go digital. But I have a complete set of Xmas vinyls, and the extra $20 a year is worth continuing that to me.
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    I think you're looking at it the wrong way. The 10C is about the community, if I see someone wearing a 10C shirt I know they're as loyal as I am and not someone who just happened to pick up a shirt at Hot Topic or Target. I love the Pearl Jam shirts, but I can get those in the store. The 10C gifts are for us who love more than just the music, we love the people that love the music as well.
    nope. just stupid branding.

• DreamOfAngelsDreamOfAngels Posts: 829
    edited April 2014
    I would much rather pay the lower cost of the membership for the PJ fan club regardless of whether the fan club sent anything at all. What I don't want is for the price of the membership to become $100 or something out of reach for me financially so that the membership pack includes some of the more expensive type items that some have suggested.

I personally do not pay the fan club membership fee according to what the 10c provides at renewal. I'm not saying any of this with judgement of the posts previously existing. I just don't want the membership fee to increase...

Regarding the patches, if someone does not want theirs, please let me know. I have two kids that collect patches and apply them to their backpacks. They would be ecstatic.

I'm still hoping someone has Wrigley patches for them since they were sold out the two days we stood in line for 6 hours each. :(
    Thank you.
    Post edited by DreamOfAngels on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I love this stuff. Stickers, prints, etc. I saw the print on facebook and was wondering where I can get one. Was pleased to see it was in the member package.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2014
    If anyone out there doesn't want there *Member Pack* I would be Happy to Buy it off you :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Piss in my cornflakes :)
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    edited April 2014
    i have way too many stickers!! i miss the days of the im analog tshirt
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • tickiticki Posts: 25
    I just got my 2014 stickers and poster, but never received one for 2013. I thought that it was a one-time thing in 2012. Now I feel cheated!
  • keithmclnkeithmcln Austin, TX Posts: 7
    My renewal date is not until 2015... but I'm with you. I dig the ANALOG T-shirt!
  • iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    Lion-Vedder
    Ram-Stone
    Rabbit-Jeff
    Eagle-Mike
    Bear-Matt
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • TashkTashk Sydney Posts: 24
    I was really happy to receive this Member pack :) I framed it and it makes our unit look EPIC :)
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Tashk said:

I was really happy to receive this Member pack :) I framed it and it makes our unit look EPIC :)

As a gift, Hubs framed mine for me. Included the patch in the frame. Nice!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    edited November 2014
    Alert! My membership just renewed today and I got my shipping confirmation of the member pack already! Last year I didn't get the 2013 pack until late January of 2014! Haha! Holy efficiency, Batman!

=))
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1