Options

2014 TEN CLUB MEMBER PACK

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Don't they know themselves how unwanted this is?

Of course they do. Last year, everyone on the board discussion said "the same thing?? Two years in a row??" So they did it again for a 3rd year in a row. They don't care.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I'm not that impressed with the sticker packages either. They end up getting dumped in the closet as they have no use to me.

A digital membership is $20 US and an Analog is $50 US (for international), so I feel like I'm paying $30 for the annual Christmas single. It was quite the hike from the old $25 US package (when there was no digital or analog). I think I would of rather seen a $5 to $10 price increase on the old package. The extra goodies and code for a free concert in the lowest quality possible don't seem worth it.

Maybe they could include 1 free concert CD. It's the analog package. I realize were not going to get a full concert record, but most of us get the analog for the Christmas single, so why only include the mp3 version (and yes I realize it can be used to discount but no full cover a flac purchase).

The 10c usually posts the leftover singles on the website, but I guess I've never wanted to risk not getting one and making my collection incomplete. I probably should on principle when my membership renews later this year.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    edited February 2014
    Zod - +1. I'm going digital (...I think), I like the 7inch. But right now I pay $30 for it... and nothing else...
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300

Not surprised, but it doesn't bother me.

I'll stay Analog and I look forward to seeing te 7" at the end of the year.

+1

Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Zod - +1. I'm going digital (...I think), I like the 7inch. But right now I pay $30 for it... and nothing else...

if you were to buy the vinyl off ebay lets say $15-$20 then shippping... your back at $30.

membership gift- sell or give away. mags, pjradio, and dl code.

pretty much back to square one..

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057

Unreal.... so happy to have been digital the past couple of years..

Yup.
    Does 10C think all of their members are 10 years old? Who the hell wants stickers? Or anything branded 10C for that matter.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    wingendwingend Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 54
    Just went and switched to digital for my May renewal. The stickers and National Geographic poster are just silly and useless to me. I still haven't received my DEEP or my "Christmas" single. I have seen one thing after another mishandled, and even worse than the mishandling is the lack of communication/clarification. Ten Club seems to act like so many other companies in this day and age and customer service and respect for the customer are limited at best. I like the band, I like the music, but Ten Club?....eh. So I'll keep my $20 membership for a shot at tickets and leave it at that.
    Pittsburgh - 09/05
    Cleveland - 05/10
    Pittsburgh - 10/13
    Brooklyn - 10/13
    MSG- 5/16
    Wrigley - 8/18
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I just downgraded mine to digital, as my renewal is within 2 weeks. There's just not enough value to keep the analog membership in my opinion. The only thing I really liked from last years was the window cling and patch, the rest is in a box in my closet.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552

Hmm. I'm indifferent. Same concept for the 3rd year in a row... design is definitely better than the first year they did this, last year was ok, I'd say it's a tie for last year theme-wise. It's ok... I just don't know why they think we all would need to update our cars or lockers or whatever with the CURRENT year member stickers on them. :) If you just had 2012, wouldn't you feel left out now, and make sure you're a current member to get that 2014 on there? (sarcastic of course) I do like that there is a lightning bolt incorporated into the logo now. I like the skull sticker, will fit right in here in the southwest, if I actually took these off the sticker sheets and made them incomplete mint sets. ;)

So does anyone think the animals represent each band member? Who's who? Rabbit has to be McCready or maybe Cameron. Hawk is Vedder (soaring). I'm going to say Jeff is the bear, Stone is the ram (two founders next to each other), and I'll go with Cameron as the lion.

I just downgraded mine to digital, as my renewal is within 2 weeks. There's just not enough value to keep the analog membership in my opinion. The only thing I really liked from last years was the window cling and patch, the rest is in a box in my closet.

Window cling? I didn't get any window cling... :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    PJ_Soul said:

Hmm. I'm indifferent. Same concept for the 3rd year in a row... design is definitely better than the first year they did this, last year was ok, I'd say it's a tie for last year theme-wise. It's ok... I just don't know why they think we all would need to update our cars or lockers or whatever with the CURRENT year member stickers on them. :) If you just had 2012, wouldn't you feel left out now, and make sure you're a current member to get that 2014 on there? (sarcastic of course) I do like that there is a lightning bolt incorporated into the logo now. I like the skull sticker, will fit right in here in the southwest, if I actually took these off the sticker sheets and made them incomplete mint sets. ;)

So does anyone think the animals represent each band member? Who's who? Rabbit has to be McCready or maybe Cameron. Hawk is Vedder (soaring). I'm going to say Jeff is the bear, Stone is the ram (two founders next to each other), and I'll go with Cameron as the lion.

Window cling? I didn't get any window cling... :(

I didn't either.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    It looks like a sticker and on that sheet with the other stickers, but happens to be a window cling. It's easy to miss.
  • Options

It looks like a sticker and on that sheet with the other stickers, but happens to be a window cling. It's easy to miss.

Oh! Well, that's cool.... window clings are much better than stickers! They don't ruin things.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182

Looks great!!!

Now.... there's 5 animals and a skull. Anyone want to try to guess who is who? :))
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    If the animals are on stage, then the eagle is Matt, Mike's the rabbit, Jeff's the lion, Stone's the bear, and Eddie's the ram (and if you want to include Boom, then Boom's the bear, Stone's the Ram, and Eddie's the skull, lol). :-?
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Nice try PJ_Soul :) I would go with the second guess myself. Can't bear to leave Boom out :)) And Ed seems to like to disguise himself. Which animal's skull that would be? Looks bigger than the ram and by the look of the horns - a buffalo?
    At least we can have some fun with those stickers :))
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    All of you assholes who quit your analog membership for digital are just gonna make them raise the price on the analog membership for the rest of us to make up for the lack of the extra $20-30 of thousands of people quitting over stickers. ... thanks a lot. ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

All of you assholes who quit your analog membership for digital are just gonna make them raise the price on the analog membership for the rest of us to make up for the lack of the extra $20-30 of thousands of people quitting over stickers. ... thanks a lot. ;)

Either that, or one of these days they're going to send something fucking spectacular either for the gift or the single, and you will be all image ....... But the chances of that seem pretty slim. image
  • Options
    JT_JamFanJT_JamFan Posts: 170
    edited February 2014
    As a parent of teens, stickers are the coolest thing in the world! and if it means I can share my love of Pearl Jam with my kids by letting them put stickers on everything, so be it! Yeah, I would rather have anything that I could USE (t-shirt, cup, coasters etc.) BUT: if there are any of you that just have no use for their stickers, let me know... There are two teenage kids in my house with plenty of places that need a 10 club sticker!! :D
    Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
  • Options
    Nami said:

if you were to buy the vinyl off ebay lets say $15-$20 then shippping... your back at $30.

membership gift- sell or give away. mags, pjradio, and dl code.

pretty much back to square one..

True, but the 10c usually posts its leftovers for sale (eventually) for about $10 bux, so you can probably get it for $15 to $20 shipped, saving yourself $10 to $15. The problem is that it isn't guarantee, and I'm guessing the amount pressed is decreasing as analog members decrease. I haven't seen the '12/'13 single up for sale yet. I think it would drive me crazy waiting.. I suppose that's why I keep renewing as analog.

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Not impressed with these sticker sheets at all.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    =D> Bravo to whichever one of you is trying to get $45 for this thing on ebay...just fantastic stuff.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

=D> Bravo to whichever one of you is trying to get $45 for this thing on ebay...just fantastic stuff.

:)) Can I nominate Dr. Delight for 10c member of the year?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

Not impressed with these sticker sheets at all.

You get second place.
  • Options
    ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    I remember back in the 90's when I paid $20 for a record, a really crude tenclub.net website, and the oppurtunity to buy a pair of tickets to one show. 10C has really came a long way in this time. I don't mind the $40 if it helps them keep on moving foward. My guess though is that people are always going to complain about something. We'll get shirts, and there will be complaints about the thread count. The dvd isn't long enough. Why didn't they sent me an autographed Gibson instead of this crappy Fender...I get it, you want to go digital, but does 6 pages of the same posts need to be done?
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    Just downgraded to digital for my March renewal... just in time. Thanks for posting the photos! Saved me $20 bucks.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    1. I am a Pearl Jam Fan not 10C fan (although I do appreciate what they do for us)
    2. Deep, Holiday Single, ticket lottery, 10C radio, forum and more is worth Analog membership
    3. I'm sure that the stickers, patch, poster are just an added gesture and it is appreciated for what it is but...meh
    4. I propose the following to answer some of the things mentioned above:

Flat membership rates (30 ish) for: 10C radio, Deep, Holiday single, Forum, ticket lottery with the opportunity to purchase a special Pearl Jam shirt, HAT, poster, sticker, DVD or Blue ray etc with the year on it for members only. People can order and get it within whatever time frame it takes for people to order with a cut off and then production + shipping.That cuts out additional costs and people choosing what they want. People will buy or not, its value is up to each and everyone of us. This would suffice most of us.

-or-

they could send us whatever stuff doesn't sell in the shop. Shirt that's been on there for 8 months, bam here you go. Left over merch from the tour, bam here is a hat from the Australian tour. Stuff that they are hiding in the warehouse for years and isn't in the shop, again-here you go.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    ajaxbro said:

I remember back in the 90's when I paid $20 for a record, a really crude tenclub.net website, and the oppurtunity to buy a pair of tickets to one show. 10C has really came a long way in this time. I don't mind the $40 if it helps them keep on moving foward. My guess though is that people are always going to complain about something. We'll get shirts, and there will be complaints about the thread count. The dvd isn't long enough. Why didn't they sent me an autographed Gibson instead of this crappy Fender...I get it, you want to go digital, but does 6 pages of the same posts need to be done?

Well people want something better. People do have the right to dissent and discuss. The board is located in a country with freedom of speech.

As for the 10c. They don't seem that much different to me and they were 10 or 15 years ago. They're still a small operation with limited manpower that is poor at communication :) They really haven't gotten better or worse. It's still still the ten club. Part's of the website are better and parts of the website are worse. lol.

• Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    If anybody's poster is hitting the trash feel free to send it my way...also past years posters too.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I'm happy with whatever i get. $ 50 for my membership isn't such a big deal for one year. I'm spending much more for stupid things every month.
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,935
    They probably printed up 5 or so different sheets in one go to avoid set up costs - we may well be getting a few more years of these...I expect it made sense at the time (for 10c anyway)...
    Nature drunk and High