Options

2014 TEN CLUB MEMBER PACK

Comments

• Options
    wpg pearl said:

i like it......thanks for posting

Your welcome, took me a little while to figure out how to post the picture. I thought the design was pretty cool. My wife wants to frame the poster.

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Who's the artist....looks kind of like Brandon Heart?
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Wouldn't it benefit10c to actually make the "gift" not a box of junk? I think about everybody here would upgrade if they sent out a best of the year DVD. Doesn't have to be a full show. Put it in a generic sleeve to keep the cost down.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Wouldn't it benefit10c to actually make the "gift" not a box of junk? I think about everybody here would upgrade if they sent out a best of the year DVD. Doesn't have to be a full show. Put it in a generic sleeve to keep the cost down.

I think they should make a "touring band" DVD every year. Even if it's only for sale on here.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited February 2014
    DewieCox said:

If the gift were Pearl Jam themed instead of 10C themed, I'd be willing to pay more for my membership. I really have no interest in 10C merch. I don't really know why anyone would.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880

Sweet!!! :)
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    well, no more auto renewal for me. 3 years of the same gift...have to go digital.

Do they look cool? Yes...but the cool looking stickers and patch will be opened and trashed like the previous years. Zero use for these gifts. I still wear my "I'm Analog" shirt. I liked it, not the best design, but it's something I could use.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Hmm. I'm indifferent. Same concept for the 3rd year in a row... design is definitely better than the first year they did this, last year was ok, I'd say it's a tie for last year theme-wise. It's ok... I just don't know why they think we all would need to update our cars or lockers or whatever with the CURRENT year member stickers on them. :) If you just had 2012, wouldn't you feel left out now, and make sure you're a current member to get that 2014 on there? (sarcastic of course) I do like that there is a lightning bolt incorporated into the logo now. I like the skull sticker, will fit right in here in the southwest, if I actually took these off the sticker sheets and made them incomplete mint sets. ;)

So does anyone think the animals represent each band member? Who's who? Rabbit has to be McCready or maybe Cameron. Hawk is Vedder (soaring). I'm going to say Jeff is the bear, Stone is the ram (two founders next to each other), and I'll go with Cameron as the lion.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    And don't you guys get it, they wouldn't make much money off this stuff if it was for sale in the shop. It's cheap to produce, cheap to mail. They can sell shirts and hats and slip covers (if they made them) for $25-30 each and make some money. DVDs too. Even a short 8-song DVD of clips from their professionally produced tour this year, direct from the screens, would kick ass. But they can put that together someday and sell it AND still get us to pay membership dues each year.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Digital it is next year
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Unreal.... so happy to have been digital the past couple of years..
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    :)) :)) :))
  • Options

Unreal.... so happy to have been digital the past couple of years..

Ditto.
  • Options
    Acesn8sAcesn8s Posts: 186

Hmm. I'm indifferent. Same concept for the 3rd year in a row... design is definitely better than the first year they did this, last year was ok, I'd say it's a tie for last year theme-wise. It's ok... I just don't know why they think we all would need to update our cars or lockers or whatever with the CURRENT year member stickers on them. :) If you just had 2012, wouldn't you feel left out now, and make sure you're a current member to get that 2014 on there? (sarcastic of course) I do like that there is a lightning bolt incorporated into the logo now. I like the skull sticker, will fit right in here in the southwest, if I actually took these off the sticker sheets and made them incomplete mint sets. ;)

So does anyone think the animals represent each band member? Who's who? Rabbit has to be McCready or maybe Cameron. Hawk is Vedder (soaring). I'm going to say Jeff is the bear, Stone is the ram (two founders next to each other), and I'll go with Cameron as the lion.

I too was wondering what the animals represent .
    Indio, CA 11-05-93
    Universal City, CA 09-30-09
    Los Angeles, CA 11-23-13
    Los Angeles, CA 11-24-13
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited February 2014
    Not surprised, but it doesn't bother me.

I'll stay Analog and I look forward to seeing te 7" at the end of the year.
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    I don't expect much and I know I pay $40 for the Xmas vinyl.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Thankfully I'm not 13 anymore. Wait, even if I was this would still suck. Glad I'm digital.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Underwhelmed... agree with the 3rd year in a row comments. A few fanclubs have a DVD with highlights, or a shirt. But ANOTHER mini-poster... probably better off buying the single each year on eBay or here if available.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    i like the poster.. everyone loves animals. i would have preferred SOME mention of the band. but eh. i have last year's one up in my office in a frame. i think it's a great poster. i just took down the one from the year before because.. i just.. got sick of it. will this one stand the test of time? probably not because i'm running out of wall space and i'm not keen on taking it up with stuff for a fanclub, not the band that the fanclub is for.
  • Options
    Don't they know themselves how unwanted this is?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    What a load of crap
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    I'm a fan... Thanks Ten Club!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Well I guess it's finally time to go digital. Same thing for 3 years now...pretty silly.
  • Options

this is a great question that just leads to another question.

do they care?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Yes they do :D:D:D
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    rival. said:

do they care?
    Now that's a silly question! The band and associates cannot please everyone all of the time.

Just keep the music coming! Old and new!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    Why would they give away a CD, blu-ray or poster as a gift when they know and see people over paying for those same things? They would just put them for sale in the shop and make a profit from them, like a normal business would. You don't like the stickers, patch, poster, fine, go digital...you like them, stay analog...the world will still turn.

I'm not saying a cd/Blu-ray/poster wouldn't be nice, but when they see how crazy people get for those things online, why give it away??
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Stone is the Ram.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Bubba said:

Why would they give away a CD, blu-ray or poster as a gift when they know and see people over paying for those same things? They would just put them for sale in the shop and make a profit from them, like a normal business would. You don't like the stickers, patch, poster, fine, go digital...you like them, stay analog...the world will still turn.

I'm not saying a cd/Blu-ray/poster wouldn't be nice, but when they see how crazy people get for those things online, why give it away??

Well, there are other options besides WRIGLEY BLU RAY or STICKERS.

It's been stickers 3 (?) years now. Wanting something else than something "useless" and leaving for digital are two different things. Something-something the world will still turn.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

rival. said:

do they care?
    Now that's a silly question! The band and associates cannot please everyone all of the time.

Just keep the music coming! Old and new!
    agreed. that is if this lame sticker/poster set was a one and done annual gift. three years in a row? come on. that shows a lack of care, lack of effort, lack of creativity and lack of fucks given.