Options

2014 TEN CLUB MEMBER PACK

Comments

• Options
    ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    Zod said:

The board is located in a country with freedom of speech.

:))

..but serously..this is turning into a backstreets forum. And that is all from me :)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

I'm happy with whatever i get. $ 50 for my membership isn't such a big deal for one year. I'm spending much more for stupid things every month.

Yes. I think expectations are a little out of control for a gift from a fan club.
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    i think if 10c would simply add "Pearl Jam's 10club" all of the bitching would cease...sure the flippers would go nuts, but i think it would appease the masses...however, it appears as if the "they don't care mantra" is ringing more and more true...which sucks...
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options

I'm happy with whatever i get. $ 50 for my membership isn't such a big deal for one year. I'm spending much more for stupid things every month.

Yes. I think expectations are a little out of control for a gift from a fan club.
    Why? Because people think that giving us the same (for many unwanted) thing 3 years in a row is lazy?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    Sold last year's renewal package for $20 shipped within North America to help offset the cost of a $50 international analog membership.

Looks like I'll be doing the same thing again this year.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Why? Because people think that giving us the same (for many unwanted) thing 3 years in a row is lazy?

Exactly. My expectations aren't high for this yearly gift. It's the same gift over and over. Kinda blows.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    While it is overkill being the 3rd year in a row with a mini-poster/sticker/patch kit, it's the only year so far that I actually like the designs. I'll actually probably use this one instead of giving it away like the past 2 years.
    I have no gripes about my 10C membership. The way I break it down, I pay $30 for an Analog membership and buy myself a $10 gift certificate toward a bootleg.
  • Options
    I remember when the fan club membership was FIVE DOLLARS. Anyone else been around that long? I actually wrote a letter to the Ten Club and mailed a five dollar bill. God, that was a long time ago.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544

Yeah, I agree. I spend more than that on one night out! Just the suspense of finding out what the crappy annual gift and the maybe awesome/maybe shitty xmas single plus access to the forum is worth $50 to me, let alone the members only sales and ticket lottery.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    The $50 Price is comparable to other fan clubs I'm in or have been in the past. The Metallica fan club is $60/year and you get 4 very well done magazines (that come out like clockwork). The U2 fan club is $50 to join, but only $40 to renew. They give out something a little different every year. My favorite was a double live album about two years ago. Last year it was a book of the u2360 tour which came with a cd of additional tracks from the tour. This year it was a book on the early years of the band.

I've been in worse fan clubs that I paid $40 dollars only to get access to presale tickets (ahem AC DC).
  • Options
    Zod said:

The $50 Price is comparable to other fan clubs I'm in or have been in the past. The Metallica fan club is $60/year and you get 4 very well done magazines (that come out like clockwork). The U2 fan club is $50 to join, but only $40 to renew. They give out something a little different every year. My favorite was a double live album about two years ago. Last year it was a book of the u2360 tour which came with a cd of additional tracks from the tour. This year it was a book on the early years of the band.

I've been in worse fan clubs that I paid $40 dollars only to get access to presale tickets (ahem AC DC).

Whoa. Those other fan clubs are giving out way better shit. This is the only fan club I've ever paid for, so didn't realize that we were getting short changed. image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    1. Have to agree 3 years in a row of the same gift is lame. And I do like the patches, but switch it up a little…please.
    2. I was one who really liked the Analog t-shirt. I don't really expect much for a measly $40 membership fee. I thought the next year of "army" stickers/patches was also really cool, but 3 years in a row?!?
    3. I still think with the 45, Deep, and a download its well worth being analog. It would just be nice to switch it up every couple years.
  • Options

1. Have to agree 3 years in a row of the same gift is lame. And I do like the patches, but switch it up a little…please.
    2. I was one who really liked the Analog t-shirt. I don't really expect much for a measly $40 membership fee. I thought the next year of "army" stickers/patches was also really cool, but 3 years in a row?!?
    3. I still think with the 45, Deep, and a download its well worth being analog. It would just be nice to switch it up every couple years.

It also depends on whether or not you use the download code. I really only get shows I went to, which means I buy the CD version with the code doesn't work on. I'm also a fan of high quality (I'm Analog afterall) so it bugs me to have to pay an extra 5 bux to download the album in FLAC. If they could make the code make a FLAC download completely free (give the downloader the option between mp3 and flac) I think that would be a bit of win. FLAC really doesn't cost much more to provide, so why not give Analog members a real free download :) I think I've got 2 or 3 stacked up unused codes at this point.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Whoa. Those other fan clubs are giving out way better shit. This is the only fan club I've ever paid for, so didn't realize that we were getting short changed. image
    Wow I always thought U2's fan club was like $100 a year. I get the emails and they give members awesome stuff each year. Unreleased recordings, remixes, books, etc... In fact if anyone has the Pop Mart Live from Mexico City DVD from a couple years back, I would love a CDR of it, will pay you for postage!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    im more disappointed with the annual single... what a waste imo
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    Maybe 10club has seen the big fuss made over the show stickers/posters and decided if we can all go that crazy over them, then it has to be a winner for the yearly gift as well ... after all, these ones are "limited" to? no?? ..... hahaha ... I'm not going to complain, its a pretty cool image although it would be nice to have a little bit more PJ injected into it ... after all, thats why we are all here
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    Emm said:

Maybe 10club has seen the big fuss made over the show stickers/posters and decided if we can all go that crazy over them, then it has to be a winner for the yearly gift as well ... after all, these ones are "limited" to? no?? ..... hahaha ... I'm not going to complain, its a pretty cool image although it would be nice to have a little bit more PJ injected into it ... after all, thats why we are all here

Well, the idea that 10C might think we're going to care about 10C branded shit in the same or even close to the same way we care about PJ merch is laughable and slightly disturbing, but you may be right!
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    You know what would happen if they sent a shirt though right ...... it would have a big 10Club logo on it :)) .... I think the moral of this story for 10Club is .... more BAND merch and LESS 10Club Logo merch :D ... but then we are members of 10Club .... not Pearl Jam 8-| .... sort of goes round in a circle doesn't it
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not going to get an annual gift from the Ten Club and care enough to let it bother me whatever it is. It just is what it is.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I wouldn't care if this stuff had PJ plastered all over it. The stuff is useless and a lot of people have complained about it every year. One year, it's fine. I realize that there people that enjoy it. But how bout somebody in PJ/10c camp put at least a little thought into it.

I know the I'm Analog design wasn't the biggest success, but I don't recall people complaining about the fact that it was a tshirt.

Sticker pack one year, sock hat the next year, some wrist bands, a short tour highlights DVD if they have no plans to do a DVD, a bootleg highlight cd....I'm sure the creative minds at 10c could come up with tons of better ideas.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    I get why some people are upset but I love it this year, last year was just ok but I love the designs this year enough to not care that it doesn't say PJ anywhere. Plus the window clings are awesome.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone know which artist designed this years 10 Club poster & stickers??
    Kind of looks like Maxx242 to me.
    Wondering where I should start looking, just in case that artist releases a "Pearl Jam" version like Munk One did last year!!

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

Does anyone know which artist designed this years 10 Club poster & stickers??
    Kind of looks like Maxx242 to me.
    Wondering where I should start looking, just in case that artist releases a "Pearl Jam" version like Munk One did last year!!

Shhhhhhhh...
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

The Top Right and the Bottom Sticker are actually not bad design...But as People have said it would be Nice for 10C to change it up a bit

• Options

Wow I always thought U2's fan club was like $100 a year. I get the emails and they give members awesome stuff each year. Unreleased recordings, remixes, books, etc... In fact if anyone has the Pop Mart Live from Mexico City DVD from a couple years back, I would love a CDR of it, will pay you for postage!

I think that was one of the releases through the old fan club. It was called propoganda and reminded me more of the 10 club. It was a much smaller operation. So the subscription would last for 4 magazines which should of come out over the span of a year, but took more like a year and half. Unfortunately I let it expire between tours and missed that cd (allthough you can buy the dvd retail).

U2 now uses fanfire to run their fan club operations. Was a bit iffy in the first few years but now it runs like clockwork. Tickets and an annual gift. Good stuff. Seems to work a bit better having another company run the fan club operations, rather than a small group, but thats just me.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

agreed.
    does anyone want to send me a patch in the mail? could use another one so the wife and i can take PJ with us when we go backpacking. The patch will stand on mountain tops and drown in swollen rivers, it will probably be harassed by bears, and dropped in mud/sand/snow/ice/glacial silt, it will cover hundreds of mile by foot and climb thousands of feet of vertical rock. this is a patch put to good use!!! so if it is just gonna sit in the closet and act as an annoyance why not send it to me so it can travel the world?? 2013 patch would be nice also!
    pm me if you feel gracious and care more about the love of PJ than the love of collecting things!!!
    thanks
    gumby

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    anybody can pick up PJ gear anywhere.
    you see 10c and you know they aren't jammin to just Jeremy and Alive etc.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited February 2014
    Zod said:

I think that was one of the releases through the old fan club. It was called propoganda and reminded me more of the 10 club. It was a much smaller operation. So the subscription would last for 4 magazines which should of come out over the span of a year, but took more like a year and half. Unfortunately I let it expire between tours and missed that cd (allthough you can buy the dvd retail).

U2 now uses fanfire to run their fan club operations. Was a bit iffy in the first few years but now it runs like clockwork. Tickets and an annual gift. Good stuff. Seems to work a bit better having another company run the fan club operations, rather than a small group, but thats just me.
    I looked it up on ebay--looks like I was way off and it came out like 13 years ago :) But you're right it was through Propaganda. I didn't realize it's NOT Propaganda any more.
    I was actually talking about the CD, not the DVD. I will probably buy the DVD some day but I would like an audio copy of a lot of those tunes live. I guess it wasn't the whole concert like the 360 was 2 CDs (another awesome unreleased album they gave out). Forgot about some of the fan club stuff they sent out till I looked on ebay. It beats the shit out of stickers and a patch and a poster.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

anybody can pick up PJ gear anywhere.
    you see 10c and you know they aren't jammin to just Jeremy and Alive etc.

Yeah. I don't get the hate for the club everyone chose to join. What? Do you think you've joined the band by paying your $50? You joined a club. And luckily the band provides stuff to the club. But, in the end, you still joined a club.

I wouldn't drape myself in 10club stuff, but I wear my hat occassionally and get more questions about that. Though, i guess for me - my kids are all number 10 for soccer, so I have my own little 10 Club.

I've let my kids use stickers for their school project, or whatever. Some of them sit in a closet for now. It's not that big a deal. It's more disappointing when they put out the single they did this year than 10Club stuff as the extra. To me, I'm paying for the single, and the rest is gravy. In this go round - I got a steaming pile of dung for Christmas, so this all looks good to me.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs said:

agreed.
    does anyone want to send me a patch in the mail? could use another one so the wife and i can take PJ with us when we go backpacking. The patch will stand on mountain tops and drown in swollen rivers, it will probably be harassed by bears, and dropped in mud/sand/snow/ice/glacial silt, it will cover hundreds of mile by foot and climb thousands of feet of vertical rock. this is a patch put to good use!!! so if it is just gonna sit in the closet and act as an annoyance why not send it to me so it can travel the world?? 2013 patch would be nice also!
    pm me if you feel gracious and care more about the love of PJ than the love of collecting things!!!
    thanks
    gumby

If you just want the patch, I can part with mine.