Options

2014 TEN CLUB MEMBER PACK

Comments

• Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    anyone in Canada get this yet? i got shippeing notice along time ago but nothing yet
    ajb
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited March 2014
    wpg pearl said:

anyone in Canada get this yet? i got shippeing notice along time ago but nothing yet

I just got mine in vancouver a couple of days ago, maybe a month or so after the shipping email.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thanks PJ Soul .....l guess mine will be soon
    ajb
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    wpg pearl said:

Received my shipping confirmation a few day's ago. I would say mine would arrive before Greek Easter.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,526
    Received mine in Toronto today.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    got mine in Winnipeg......
    ajb
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

oysterjar said:

Zod said:

Yeah. I don't get the hate for the club everyone chose to join. What? Do you think you've joined the band by paying your $50? You joined a club. And luckily the band provides stuff to the club. But, in the end, you still joined a club.

10c has the monopoly so if you want access to PJ tickets or collect PJ stuff you have to join the 10c. There's no other option. When I read this thread I read it as a bunch of suggestions on how the fan club could do a better job.

Any time a customer (and that's what we are) plunks down money for a product I think they can express their opinion on that product.

The 10c is a product. A product no one else can sell. Usually you can speak with your wallet but since the 10c has monopoly all you can really do is state your opinions on how they could make it better.
    Understood. That's what digital is for. If you join analog, you've decided to "join the club" and not simply get access to tix and member only stuff. Quite frankly, I can get PJ stuff very easily. As a Club member, I get exclusive access to club stuff. Sometimes, that means a PJ produced, direct to me product (i.e. the vinyl single every year). Other times it means the club I chose (yes, it is optional at this level) puts something they brand out. And, having access to both is cool to me. Does that mean I love everything they put out? Ummm. No (if you haven't heard - I think this year's single was a complete disaster. Ironically that's the part that came straight from the band!!!). Does it mean I don't respect everyone's voice/opinion? No. I'm fine with the opinions.

However, at some point it just comes off as whiny and needy and not really simply an opinion (not saying you. Not saying everyone). We pay, what? $25 extra? $30 extra? What exactly do we expect for that? We get a vinyl that (usually) is worth $10-$15 (including shipping - this year excluded - though some Jeanne Trippleberry fans may pony up more - who knows?), a bootleg code that is worth another $10 and a hard copy Deep (let's say $5). That's $30 of goods that come with the analog supplemental fee that is OPTIONAL (and not part of the monopoly). So, this pack truly is a free "extra." I kind of like that it's 10C branded. I can take it or leave it. I think it's a neat extra that's something different that every PJ fan does NOT have access to.

And, if you've noticed, we're a strange breed that likes stickers and posters (look at Lost Dogs). We here are also a small, vocal minority. Who knows what the rest of the membership thinks/says?

Obviously, everyone would love a recent tour DVD, a FLAC boot, a PJ tshirt, etc. I'm sure the group and the club is well aware of that. However, I think some perspective has been lost on what folks have joined/paid for vs. the want.
    Just curious how you would feel if the holiday single every year was a remix of the same song? Deep was the same info with a different cover or the bootleg code was for the same show with a different mix?
    Well, this year's holiday single was worse. I'd rather have heard a new version of Olympic Platinum than the drek they sent.

I also rarely do more than flip through the Deep when it first comes, then into the library it goes.

I have a couple unused bootleg codes that in the past I've given away here, but now will probably give to one of my sons at some point. I'm old fashioned. I like the CDs in hand. Built in back-up is what I keep telling myself. Very up to date on technology. Physical media is still my one old fart hang up.

I am on auto-renew for analog and haven't even thought about changing that.

Does that answer your question?
    With you on physical copies of music. Pretty much have cd for all I have and will never have to worry about phone, MP3 player, hard drive, or computer crashing. Yeah yeah yeah I know you have a good back up in a freakin cloud.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306

I have never seen the movie(s) but when I got this all I could think of was - Chronicles of Narnia.

If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    I'm very close to dropping my club membership. It just renewed today but after getting on here and seeing that we are getting the same "gift" again...a cheap sticker set and a small useless "poster" I'm about done with the fan club. Granted I've only been a member for about 10 years now, but I just don't the point in being a member anymore.

I find it kind of funny that for a band who's fan club mostly consists of grown ass adults the "freebie" of choice that Ten Club decides to give us EVERY year is a sticker sheet and a small poster that's nearly useless like we're still in middle school.

People, this September will be 3 years since PJ20 happened. THREE YEARS and we don't even have an official audio bootleg, let alone a freaking blue ray DVD. By this logic we're looking at maybe getting a Wrigley bootleg and DVD in maybe 5 or 6 years.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    BMo-643 said:

I'm very close to dropping my club membership. It just renewed today but after getting on here and seeing that we are getting the same "gift" again...

I like to complain as much as anyone but this seems pretty unfounded. Yes, for the cost of membership you ge the same sticker/pathch/ poster set with a new design... but you also get a free bootleg download, access to fan club ticket lottery, and the xmas single on vinyl and digital. You get membership magazines and access to pj radio. Some bands charge much more and offer much less.

Also, if PJ20 and Wrigley haven't been released yet, I'd think there is probably a reason for it. Either the tapes are no good or the band wasn't happy with the show for whatever reason. I doubt demanding it with a threat of dropping your membership is going to convince them.
  • Options
    Jed said:

BMo-643 said:

I'm very close to dropping my club membership. It just renewed today but after getting on here and seeing that we are getting the same "gift" again...

I like to complain as much as anyone but this seems pretty unfounded. Yes, for the cost of membership you ge the same sticker/pathch/ poster set with a new design... but you also get a free bootleg download, access to fan club ticket lottery, and the xmas single on vinyl and digital. You get membership magazines and access to pj radio. Some bands charge much more and offer much less.

Also, if PJ20 and Wrigley haven't been released yet, I'd think there is probably a reason for it. Either the tapes are no good or the band wasn't happy with the show for whatever reason. I doubt demanding it with a threat of dropping your membership is going to convince them.
    I'll agree with you that there has to be something wrong for them not to release the PJ20 audio and video. It makes no sense, that stuff would sell out in minutes. Its just frustrating...I don't want to go to the digital subscription because I feel like I'm just giving them money and getting nothing back but at the same time the analog subscription isn't worth $40 in my opinion. If they put the contents of the free gift in the PJ shop (I wouldn't ever buy it) but I wouldn't give more than $10 for it. But its not as much about the price as it is the lack of creativity in the gift and the complete and utter lack of use for the gift. Sticker sheet and small poster once? Yeah, this is cool. Sticker sheet and small poster twice? Ooo..kkkk....Sticker sheet and poster 3 times? What the f**k am I supposed to do with this? Thats my feelings at least.

Its just frustrating. A lot of the stuff in the shop, (especially clothes) are just way overpriced and hell even the last album was overpriced and forced me to order it from Amazon for much cheaper. I just wished Ten Club would show their appreciation better for all of us who fork over $40 every year.

Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Got mine in the UK today,was kinder hoping it was my lightning bolt vinyl I ordered 10 months ago but it wasn't to be... <:-P
  • Options
    I'm still with the line of thinking that questions why the stickers and little poster say 10C.

These items would hold much more appeal to me if they said Pearl Jam versus 10C.

I think one reason why they aren't is the fact that they may serve as promotional materials for potential new subscriptions.

I don't necessarily have a problem with it, but I just wish it wasn't this way.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    BMo-643 said:

I'm very close to dropping my club membership. It just renewed today but after getting on here and seeing that we are getting the same "gift" again...a cheap sticker set and a small useless "poster" I'm about done with the fan club. Granted I've only been a member for about 10 years now, but I just don't the point in being a member anymore.

I find it kind of funny that for a band who's fan club mostly consists of grown ass adults the "freebie" of choice that Ten Club decides to give us EVERY year is a sticker sheet and a small poster that's nearly useless like we're still in middle school.

People, this September will be 3 years since PJ20 happened. THREE YEARS and we don't even have an official audio bootleg, let alone a freaking blue ray DVD. By this logic we're looking at maybe getting a Wrigley bootleg and DVD in maybe 5 or 6 years.

No offense... But for a "grown ass adult" you're doing an awful lot of whining.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,485
    Adults....who joined a band's fanclub.....are complaining they get stickers?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,485
    In a related story, I'm upset at the quality of the prize inside my Froot Loops.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Vedd Hedd said:

In a related story, I'm upset at the quality of the prize inside my Froot Loops.

You don't get Prizes in Froot Loops over here :(
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    I'd like to see them give us a secret decoder ring next year. I want something to show for my $40 a year. I deserve it.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    you hate patches. I don't. Give patches a good home. Sell patches to me for free. Or cheap close to free.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    you hate patches. I don't. Give patches a good home. Sell patches to me for free. Or cheap close to free.
  • Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    Member pack arrived yesterday here in Montreal
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Still haven't gotten mine, renewed in mid-Feb.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    on2legs said:

I'd like to see them give us a secret decoder ring next year. I want something to show for my $40 a year. I deserve it.

Just don't forget to drink your Ovaltine.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ah, I forgot...pointing out things you dislike about something is considered "whining" by those who like it.

Listen, I get that some people like it...but its obvious from the comments on here that a lot of people do not. I was simply expressing my displeasure about getting the same gift for the last 3 years. The gift is fine, it will be placed with the other two in a drawer and will never be used simply because, I don't put stickers on things and those small prints aren't going to get individually framed by me...

There are a number of inexpensive "freebies" the site could give away....shirts, koozies, key chains, pick sets, hats, small flags, bandannas, wrist bands, bottle openers, pens...I mean thousands of things...I would simply like for them to explore other options. Current set up is "nice" and its selfish to not appreciate it...I get that. I'm simply a little frustrated, that's all.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    CocoyrCocoyr Manila, Philippines Posts: 114
    Just got my 2014 TEN CLUB MEMBER PACK here in the Philippines.
  • Options
    BMo-643 said:

Ah, I forgot...pointing out things you dislike about something is considered "whining" by those who like it.

Listen, I get that some people like it...but its obvious from the comments on here that a lot of people do not. I was simply expressing my displeasure about getting the same gift for the last 3 years. The gift is fine, it will be placed with the other two in a drawer and will never be used simply because, I don't put stickers on things and those small prints aren't going to get individually framed by me...

There are a number of inexpensive "freebies" the site could give away....shirts, koozies, key chains, pick sets, hats, small flags, bandannas, wrist bands, bottle openers, pens...I mean thousands of things...I would simply like for them to explore other options. Current set up is "nice" and its selfish to not appreciate it...I get that. I'm simply a little frustrated, that's all.

Not sure it's whining, but it does seem a bit misplaced. Nobody's forcing you to "buy up." You can get the ticket and Member Only access by simply going digital. Considering we get an artist to design the mini-poster each year for the club members is pretty cool if you ask me. Stickers yeah - whatever. I have kids, so I let them use them, but if not - so what?

But, the point I think folks are trying to make is - for the extra money you spend between digital and analog you get a $10 download, you get a vinyl single (price $10 plus shipping?), isn't the rest really pretty much a free gift (i don't know the exact difference, but is it much more than $20-$25 - depending on what you think the shipping is on the vinyl?) So, the bitching and moaning about an artist being commissioned to do a special piece and them throwing in stickers and a patch seems, well, seems like a little child that simply can't get enough (in other words - whining).

Personally, I don't need all the chatchkes you mention. If I want a koozie, I'd buy one (and what would most women do with a hat?). I belong to 1 other band club, and they send bandanas and belt buckles that - sit on the shelf (what adult that works in business has any use for a freaking bandana or a band's belt buckle?) as displays (much like a mini-poster or sticker would/does). Honestly, I prefer the creative mini-posters. I have 1000 t-shirts that I can't possibly wear. Not that I'd complain if I got those either. Because, as I've said - it really is pretty much a free bonus. I just prefer the more creative the better. I can print up my own PJ pen if I want one.

They get top notch artists to design special mini-posters for club members each year and we - complain? Yikes.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    TheseGoToElevenTheseGoToEleven Charlotte, NC Posts: 106
    Well said. I love how much this band and its base love art + design. Worth the price of admission.
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • Options
    a bandana is one the most useful items known to man! If you can't find use for a bandana you probably need to spend more time out in the world away from flourescent lighting. I would love a bandana!
    This "community" is a dissapointment. No plans shaping up for the Euro tour, compounded with whining and complaining about free stuff.... Meanwhile I am on here SHAMEFULLY BEGGING for people to send me a patch with only one glorious individual responding.
    "Oh pity me I have to hoard this stuff I don't want in a drawer and forget about it, sad face, leaky eyes, piss in my cornflakes...
    Man up people!
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Suggesting an alternative is not whining. How you say it makes it so.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Why do people always have to complain? Yes, the 2014 pack has a print. It is a print, not a poster. It is well made and ART! Are there stickers? Yes. Ed and Jeff have stickers on a lot of things. I'm thinking that since they have a fondness for stickers, that is why they continue to include them in the pack. Quite fine with me. For those complaining about 10c branding, if you are here, you are a member of 10c. 10c is for the fans of all seasons-- not just when the new records come out. If you want PJ branded merch, buy it here. People have wanted shirts, yet have complained about when they had them before because of what was printed on them. This is a band run by artists. As such, you'll have member packs that are more art oriented and with less of an off-the-shelf-at-Target look. That's okay. We're here to support the band. My husband, a die hard death metal fan, said that he wished that his bands did only 1/4 of what PJ does for their fans. Realize that PJ is not your typical band and truly cares about the support that we give to them. Go forth, be happy and appreciate when a 10c branded box hits your mailbox. I know that we are.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1