Options

2014 TEN CLUB MEMBER PACK

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556

rgambs said:

anybody can pick up PJ gear anywhere.
    you see 10c and you know they aren't jammin to just Jeremy and Alive etc.

Yeah. I don't get the hate for the club everyone chose to join. What? Do you think you've joined the band by paying your $50? You joined a club. And luckily the band provides stuff to the club. But, in the end, you still joined a club.

I wouldn't drape myself in 10club stuff, but I wear my hat occassionally and get more questions about that. Though, i guess for me - my kids are all number 10 for soccer, so I have my own little 10 Club.

I've let my kids use stickers for their school project, or whatever. Some of them sit in a closet for now. It's not that big a deal. It's more disappointing when they put out the single they did this year than 10Club stuff as the extra. To me, I'm paying for the single, and the rest is gravy. In this go round - I got a steaming pile of dung for Christmas, so this all looks good to me.
    I don't hate the club at all. I just don't want anything branded by them, and I guess a lot of people agree. I mean, if I'm going to display something that's branded by a particular organization or group, I have to feel pretty fucking passionate about them. I like 10C because they are my bridge to Pearl Jam and create a place for the community to connect. But I'm not passionate about 10C. I save that for the reason I'm a member - Pearl Jam. Doesn't mean I hate 10C.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mr dyer is very gracious offering up a patch!! Il take 2014 stickers if its worth the postage to you. The stickers go on my beater guitar which also sees it's share of camping!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    DubGDubG Posts: 127

two years of crappy stickers and poster. My guess is crappy stickers and posters

Naw, I think they will change it up, maybe a t-shirt?
    I hope so but who knows at this point.
    I'm definitely not excited but then having free gifts was never the reason to be in this club anyway.....
    Right. It's ALL about the shows/music...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,183

Yeah. I don't get the hate for the club everyone chose to join. What? Do you think you've joined the band by paying your $50? You joined a club. And luckily the band provides stuff to the club. But, in the end, you still joined a club.

10c has the monopoly so if you want access to PJ tickets or collect PJ stuff you have to join the 10c. There's no other option. When I read this thread I read it as a bunch of suggestions on how the fan club could do a better job.

Any time a customer (and that's what we are) plunks down money for a product I think they can express their opinion on that product.

The 10c is a product. A product no one else can sell. Usually you can speak with your wallet but since the 10c has monopoly all you can really do is state your opinions on how they could make it better.
  • Options
    Zod said:

10c has the monopoly so if you want access to PJ tickets or collect PJ stuff you have to join the 10c. There's no other option. When I read this thread I read it as a bunch of suggestions on how the fan club could do a better job.

Any time a customer (and that's what we are) plunks down money for a product I think they can express their opinion on that product.

The 10c is a product. A product no one else can sell. Usually you can speak with your wallet but since the 10c has monopoly all you can really do is state your opinions on how they could make it better.
    Understood. That's what digital is for. If you join analog, you've decided to "join the club" and not simply get access to tix and member only stuff. Quite frankly, I can get PJ stuff very easily. As a Club member, I get exclusive access to club stuff. Sometimes, that means a PJ produced, direct to me product (i.e. the vinyl single every year). Other times it means the club I chose (yes, it is optional at this level) puts something they brand out. And, having access to both is cool to me. Does that mean I love everything they put out? Ummm. No (if you haven't heard - I think this year's single was a complete disaster. Ironically that's the part that came straight from the band!!!). Does it mean I don't respect everyone's voice/opinion? No. I'm fine with the opinions.

However, at some point it just comes off as whiny and needy and not really simply an opinion (not saying you. Not saying everyone). We pay, what? $25 extra? $30 extra? What exactly do we expect for that? We get a vinyl that (usually) is worth $10-$15 (including shipping - this year excluded - though some Jeanne Trippleberry fans may pony up more - who knows?), a bootleg code that is worth another $10 and a hard copy Deep (let's say $5). That's $30 of goods that come with the analog supplemental fee that is OPTIONAL (and not part of the monopoly). So, this pack truly is a free "extra." I kind of like that it's 10C branded. I can take it or leave it. I think it's a neat extra that's something different that every PJ fan does NOT have access to.

And, if you've noticed, we're a strange breed that likes stickers and posters (look at Lost Dogs). We here are also a small, vocal minority. Who knows what the rest of the membership thinks/says?

Obviously, everyone would love a recent tour DVD, a FLAC boot, a PJ tshirt, etc. I'm sure the group and the club is well aware of that. However, I think some perspective has been lost on what folks have joined/paid for vs. the want.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    I really couldn't give a monkeys what the gift is. They make nice collectibles, and having every newsletter since #1 and all the xmas singles it is well worth me maintaining an analogue membership.

quite happy.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

Zod said:

Understood. That's what digital is for. If you join analog, you've decided to "join the club" and not simply get access to tix and member only stuff. Quite frankly, I can get PJ stuff very easily. As a Club member, I get exclusive access to club stuff. Sometimes, that means a PJ produced, direct to me product (i.e. the vinyl single every year). Other times it means the club I chose (yes, it is optional at this level) puts something they brand out. And, having access to both is cool to me. Does that mean I love everything they put out? Ummm. No (if you haven't heard - I think this year's single was a complete disaster. Ironically that's the part that came straight from the band!!!). Does it mean I don't respect everyone's voice/opinion? No. I'm fine with the opinions.

However, at some point it just comes off as whiny and needy and not really simply an opinion (not saying you. Not saying everyone). We pay, what? $25 extra? $30 extra? What exactly do we expect for that? We get a vinyl that (usually) is worth $10-$15 (including shipping - this year excluded - though some Jeanne Trippleberry fans may pony up more - who knows?), a bootleg code that is worth another $10 and a hard copy Deep (let's say $5). That's $30 of goods that come with the analog supplemental fee that is OPTIONAL (and not part of the monopoly). So, this pack truly is a free "extra." I kind of like that it's 10C branded. I can take it or leave it. I think it's a neat extra that's something different that every PJ fan does NOT have access to.

And, if you've noticed, we're a strange breed that likes stickers and posters (look at Lost Dogs). We here are also a small, vocal minority. Who knows what the rest of the membership thinks/says?

Obviously, everyone would love a recent tour DVD, a FLAC boot, a PJ tshirt, etc. I'm sure the group and the club is well aware of that. However, I think some perspective has been lost on what folks have joined/paid for vs. the want.
    Just curious how you would feel if the holiday single every year was a remix of the same song? Deep was the same info with a different cover or the bootleg code was for the same show with a different mix?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    oysterjar said:

Zod said:

Just curious how you would feel if the holiday single every year was a remix of the same song? Deep was the same info with a different cover or the bootleg code was for the same show with a different mix?
    Well, this year's holiday single was worse. I'd rather have heard a new version of Olympic Platinum than the drek they sent.

I also rarely do more than flip through the Deep when it first comes, then into the library it goes.

I have a couple unused bootleg codes that in the past I've given away here, but now will probably give to one of my sons at some point. I'm old fashioned. I like the CDs in hand. Built in back-up is what I keep telling myself. Very up to date on technology. Physical media is still my one old fart hang up.

I am on auto-renew for analog and haven't even thought about changing that.

Does that answer your question?
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    edited February 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

All of you assholes who quit your analog membership for digital are just gonna make them raise the price on the analog membership for the rest of us to make up for the lack of the extra $20-30 of thousands of people quitting over stickers. ... thanks a lot. ;)

Either that, or one of these days they're going to send something fucking spectacular either for the gift or the single, and you will be all image ....... But the chances of that seem pretty slim. image
    Yea, remember that "Big, Bold and Free" surprise we were supposed to get quite a few years back that never happened...
    Post edited by Brane_of_JFK on
  • Options

oysterjar said:

Zod said:

Well, this year's holiday single was worse. I'd rather have heard a new version of Olympic Platinum than the drek they sent.

I also rarely do more than flip through the Deep when it first comes, then into the library it goes.

I have a couple unused bootleg codes that in the past I've given away here, but now will probably give to one of my sons at some point. I'm old fashioned. I like the CDs in hand. Built in back-up is what I keep telling myself. Very up to date on technology. Physical media is still my one old fart hang up.

Not really. The point that I raised is that, which has been stated many times before; the "sticker pack" is a remake of something we have already received in the two prior years. It is also something that many dislike. I would prefer a $10 off code to purchase something from the shop then this gift. Not everyone will agree on what should be given but that alone is reason enough for a variety of membership gifts every year. My previous questions could be summarized by relating to something you said: Since you had a preference on the holiday single, how would you feel about getting a new 45 every year that was a remake of 99 problems/shattered? For three years we have received a revised version of the same thing.

Either way I am not complaining I just think there are so many different things they could do.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    Disappointment over free gift from ten club = first world problem

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    oysterjar said:

oysterjar said:

Zod said:

Not really. The point that I raised is that, which has been stated many times before; the "sticker pack" is a remake of something we have already received in the two prior years. It is also something that many dislike. I would prefer a $10 off code to purchase something from the shop then this gift. Not everyone will agree on what should be given but that alone is reason enough for a variety of membership gifts every year. My previous questions could be summarized by relating to something you said: Since you had a preference on the holiday single, how would you feel about getting a new 45 every year that was a remake of 99 problems/shattered? For three years we have received a revised version of the same thing.

Either way I am not complaining I just think there are so many different things they could do.
    Sorry. I'm not sure how I could have made the message any clearer. Please re-read. Thank you. How is a remake of the same songs the same as DIFFERENT stickers? The medium is the same (vinyl/sticker), the actual creative product is not (different songs/different pictures). I think the analogy you're looking for is what if they used a vinyl 45 but put different songs out each year? I'd be fine with that.

And, BTW, they already give you a $10 off coupon - for a bootleg. Yeah, I guess it's not $10 off ANYTHING. But, you can get a $10 item related to the music we all love for free. Are you saying we're not here for the music?

Beyond that, why bother giving a $10 coupon to the store? Why not just lower the analog price $10? What is this? Spinal Tap?
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Disappointment over free gift from ten club = first world problem

Hold the phone!!! Now that pisses me off. I hate when they can't hit the 1 button on my door or key fob before they deliver the car to me. That is nothing like getting stickers every year. What's worse than trying to get into your car only to find you have to squeeze too close into the steering wheel to get in? Then you have to decide if you should manually push the electric chair adjuster or hit one of the memory keys.... First world my ass. There are folks starving somewhere that are concerned over this issue.
  • Options

oysterjar said:

oysterjar said:

Zod said:

Sorry. I'm not sure how I could have made the message any clearer. Please re-read. Thank you. How is a remake of the same songs the same as DIFFERENT stickers? The medium is the same (vinyl/sticker), the actual creative product is not (different songs/different pictures). I think the analogy you're looking for is what if they used a vinyl 45 but put different songs out each year? I'd be fine with that.

And, BTW, they already give you a $10 off coupon - for a bootleg. Yeah, I guess it's not $10 off ANYTHING. But, you can get a $10 item related to the music we all love for free. Are you saying we're not here for the music?

Beyond that, why bother giving a $10 coupon to the store? Why not just lower the analog price $10? What is this? Spinal Tap?
    I see your point but what I am getting at is that there has always been a holiday single on a 45. The members gift has changed over the years and now it seems to become the norm to get stickers. As I have stated before I have suggestions (not all great, a $10 off coupon you pay for is pretty dumb) as to what they could give out but either way its not why I pay for the membership. I'm just throwing darts, hoping someone is watching and thinking of changing the gift from year to year.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Understood. Not saying folks shouldn't make suggestions, but some of them seem a bit ridiculous. All I'm trying to do is give some perspective. We already get value for what we pay (or you think we don't. In which case, go digital. It's really that simple. They give you a choice.).

Now folks are asking for exclusive content like touring DVDs and such that while nice seems a bit much to be expecting. The stickers or whatever truly are an extra. Someone gives you candy for Halloween. Do you complain it's not a Snickers and ask for $50? That's all I'm trying to say.
  • Options
    BryanWebBryanWeb Posts: 262
    I'm not a fan of this membership pack but I'm not surprised at all. It's what I expected. I'd be shocked if we got anything different. I just don't understand why they ask us for a t shirt size when they only give us stickers.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113
    It's time I start thinking about going digital. I don't own a record player some just collect the singles. And the other stuff hasn't been what I expected (I really thought a decent t shirt each year). So, while both versions are certainly affordable, maybe the analog isn't for me anymore. The only problem being that I can't help but think that next year the annual gift will be killer and I'll be pissed at myself!

In reality, it's easier to do nothing than something so I'll probably end up with analog still ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    about 7 years ago a friend gave me a Wilco t-shirt that was made of 50/50 bamboo/cotton. Its the softest most comfortable shirt i've ever owned. the best part is that it has withstood the test of time (no holes, no fading). I don't know how much it cost, but i'm guessing about $25-30. I don't know why these aren't more common place. PJ was doing organic cotton for a while (not sure if they still do, cuz i haven't bought a shirt in a while). In my opinion, that stuff is no good. Its brittle and tends to shrink too much.

Anyway, I think the best gift from the band is always music. Stickers, posters, t-shirts are okay, but mostly things that get stored away for my future grandchildren to rummage through 50 years from now.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    vaggar99 said:

about 7 years ago a friend gave me a Wilco t-shirt that was made of 50/50 bamboo/cotton. Its the softest most comfortable shirt i've ever owned. the best part is that it has withstood the test of time (no holes, no fading). I don't know how much it cost, but i'm guessing about $25-30. I don't know why these aren't more common place. PJ was doing organic cotton for a while (not sure if they still do, cuz i haven't bought a shirt in a while). In my opinion, that stuff is no good. Its brittle and tends to shrink too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEp6-MAFbCY

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    again if anybody who's dissapointed with them wants to send me patches from '13 or '14 it is for a good cause! we have different packs for trail 'packing and summit attempts/rockclimbing so we have good use for 4 patches of each of the two years. let those patches see the world!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs - I finally got my pkg in the mail today. PM me your address and I'll send the patch out to ya. (You are in the US, right?)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    I like the pack free is free can't complain ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    If anyone does not want their 2014 member pack I'll pay you $20 for it. PM me if you don't want yours. I renewed on 12/29/13 and I am guessing when I go to renew again all of the 2014 member packs will be gone....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,526

If anyone does not want their 2014 member pack I'll pay you $20 for it. PM me if you don't want yours. I renewed on 12/29/13 and I am guessing when I go to renew again all of the 2014 member packs will be gone....

Mine is available if you'd like. Sold last year's pack for $20 shipped as well to offset some of the $50 international analog membership fee.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    tmktmk Posts: 8
    edited March 2014
    Dear 10c staff

Please, make a new 10c t-shirt for the member pack next year. My "I'm analog" t-shirt won't last long. I like patches and stickers but for God sake, not every year...
    Post edited by tmk on
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    What I want to know is... Is there a window cling this year?
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    Mike D88 said:

What I want to know is... Is there a window cling this year?

There is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yep a window cling is included.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

I really couldn't give a monkeys what the gift is. They make nice collectibles, and having every newsletter since #1 and all the xmas singles it is well worth me maintaining an analogue membership.

quite happy.

^^^^^

• Options
    TashkTashk Sydney Posts: 24
    I got mine :) so awesome guys x