Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415

aennil said:

does anyone know where i can find my bootleg-downloadcodes and information about the stuff i've ordered? There used to be a little box up in the right corner saying "My Account"...
    :-?

Go to SHOP first and then you should see My Account etc

Thank you! i just found it :)
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited January 2014
    I must honestly say that now with the ability to edit your post sans time constraint has been enabled, I don't have any complaints with the new site and actually like its functionality.

Just thought I'd post something positive because it seems like they are listening to constructive input and positive changes have happened since the launch.

Thanks 10c.
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    Since I've been using it a bit, I too like it. Only negative would be the white.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    edited January 2014

I must honestly say that now with the ability to edit your post sans time constraint has been enabled, I don't have any complaints with the new site and actually like its functionality.

Just thought I'd post something positive because it seems like they are listening to constructive input and positive changes have happened since the launch.

Thanks 10c.

yeah im here too, I don't even understand the difficulty over the brightness issue. I haven't had to rest my eyes using this or experienced anything like a headache.

Im not saying this is better than the old site, but its really not bad - I think with time we will see more improvements and tweaks and it will all be very positive again.
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    So there is no time limit at all on editing now? excellent.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    pdalowsky said:

So there is no time limit at all on editing now? excellent.

That is awesome!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    pdalowsky said:

Thanks 10c.

yeah im here too, I don't even understand the difficulty over the brightness issue. I haven't had to rest my eyes using this or experienced anything like a headache.

Im not saying this is better than the old site, but its really not bad - I think with time we will see more improvements and tweaks and it will all be very positive again.
    It does seem like they are slowly implementing changes.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060

pdalowsky said:

Thanks 10c.

It does seem like they are slowly implementing changes.
    They are making some positive improvements. I still don't care for the layout but it seems like they are trying to make it a lot better. Thank you 10c for listening to the feedback.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    No limit on editing now? GREAT! Thank you 10C! That was one of my biggest complaints. My remaining big complaint isn't even the whitewash (although obviously I hope that is changed soon). It's the email notifications.... Any chance you can make it so we don't get an email notification for EVERY post, and only one notification until we visit the thread, like it was before? Getting an email with every post is incredibly annoying and makes it hard and inconvenient to keep track of conversations. But turning off notifications doesn't work for me either. I rely on them to participate in discussions. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am adjusting quite nicely, I like how you can mark all as read and see when new comments pop in. I was frustrated at first, but the forum is getting better every day.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946

I am adjusting quite nicely, I like how you can mark all as read and see when new comments pop in. I was frustrated at first, but the forum is getting better every day.

Wait...what?!? Is this a positive post? Nice to see round here at the mo.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    you have to experiment a little and monkey around, some people hate that. I don't. ;)
  • Options
    This is my first time on here since the change. Functionality wise it's great, but I really don't like the design of it. I'm not one who just hates when shit changes, but I think it looks awful. I am on a laptop though, I bet it will be easier to navigate on my phone.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    edited January 2014

This is my first time on here since the change. Functionality wise it's great, but I really don't like the design of it. I'm not one who just hates when shit changes, but I think it looks awful. I am on a laptop though, I bet it will be easier to navigate on my phone.

Many features are not available on the phone. It's easier to post, but you lose tons of the functionality. You can't see a lot of the info, the activity wall doesn't even exist on the mobile view as far as I can tell, etc. But it's MUCH easier to use on the phone now. Good and bad as far as the phone view goes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Have the little round PJ icons on the top in the tabs disappeared?
  • Options
    For me the main issue is still the loss of my username. I'd like to have "me" back.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I just posted a poll and I'm not gonna lie...I like that feature.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Yeah, it's great. :)
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Anyone come up with a way to shade the entire white part behind the main body text?
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,036
    Ohhhhh, been away from here for a few weeks...
    Looks all shiny and cleaned up in here...

Hey, who put these clothes in the hamper, they are not dirty...

Like it so far!!!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    :)>-
  • Options
    Sure, they can fix a few things but what about the biggest feedback glaring right at them?

THE WHITE BACKGROUND
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Did we not have the poll feature before? Why do i think there was something similar? Am i just going crazy?!?
    :-/
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Did we not have the poll feature before? Why do i think there was something similar? Am i just going crazy?!?
    :-/
    There used to be one apparently, but not for a long time.
  • Options
    Is recent discussions a new feature?
    I'm liking that and using it quite a bit, saves jumping between different forums and easy to find on the left hand navigation.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,931
    Bring back the LIKE button please!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags said:

Yeah, a like button is fine.... no dislike though. That's lame.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Spags said:

Are you kidding? If you want to "like" something, go to Facebook!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Spags said:

Are you kidding? If you want to "like" something, go to Facebook!
    We don't need any more negativity here than we already have IMO. A dislike button would end up being a gang up on so-and-so button for the most part I think.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I'm sure this has been brought up, but I just noticed....you can EDIT original post.... <:-P