Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124

This is how I feel the new forum was presented.

That about sums it up.

Now the bigger question ... how the hell did they get KITT back out of the apartment?
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    brianlux said:

It seems pretty fucking obvious from reading the last several posts (written by long-time, mindfully intelligent and astute members) that this new forum layout totally sucks. The legacy script has made reading the forum easier for me personally but not everyone is able to use it and besides, why should we need to download something extra to make this site more usable when it was more usable before the change- especially, as it has been pointed out, when the cost of admission has gone up? No one wants to pay more for a new product that is in all most all respects inferior to the old one which was less expensive to begin with.

With all due respect, 10C, it's time to listen to your long time faithful supporters, fans and friends and own up to the fact that the new layout was a mistake and fix it, PLEASE!

Sadly it seems pretty fucking obvious that no one is listening and nothing is going to change. I've posted this before - is this some weird way for the 10C to kill the forum? Because that's what seems to be happening.

I miss everybody.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Enkidu said:

Sadly it seems pretty fucking obvious that no one is listening and nothing is going to change. I've posted this before - is this some weird way for the 10C to kill the forum? Because that's what seems to be happening.

I miss everybody.

Yep. Nearly everyone I know from here now talks in the Facebook PJ Groups.

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2014
    I have a name for this new stinky forum of the great band Pearl Jam whose fan club doesn't give a crap or poo poo about its members.

'WELCOME TO THE PIT PITS"
    "We're big on respect here". ....oh yeah SUURRRREEEE it so self evident exactly how big. so, so big.

I mean big. There is so much respect, decency, and Let your Voice Be Heard as it echoes over the barren land happening around here, it is hardly conceivable how much.

No, I mean it.
    Really. The changes made are superb. Sit and observe how everyone is adoring and singing about how highly superior this forum has raised itself to.
    No, I mean it, I feel like clapping alot and everything..
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,490
    Man, this is just:

http://youtu.be/qbarRhsY7n0
  • Options
    what a voice. geezus
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,676
    Hey Kat, is 10C aware that everyone keeps getting this error page that says "SORRY! SOMETHINGS WRONG!" while using the forum right now? It usually works after another try or two, but there is clearly something wrong with the forum! And people are also getting that 503 error and over capacity screen randomly too.

:-<
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    it's all system's fault
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,775
    PJ_Soul said:

Hey Kat, is 10C aware that everyone keeps getting this error page that says "SORRY! SOMETHINGS WRONG!" while using the forum right now? It usually works after another try or two, but there is clearly something wrong with the forum! And people are also getting that 503 error and over capacity screen randomly too.

:-<

Yes and it's good that you report it here when it happens. It seems to be intermittent right now but it's being checked out. Thank you.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,076
    Also seeing some of these at the end of the pages ..

• Options
    demetrios said:

Also seeing some of these at the end of the pages ..

Yeah, me too. And a few other weird error pop ups.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,791
    Good to know that most of us who are still here feel the same say. What I don't understand as well is why the lack of response from the mods? We're in this plane and the crew has bailed out. Over half the passengers followed suit with parachutes (hmmm- was that song foreshadowing?) and those of us remaining are on board but the thing is on automatic pilot- but the plane falls off the radar now and then and all we get is the "Something is wrong" message. Very strange indeed.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I had this a couple of times ...

• Options
    edited March 2014
    From the today's newsletter:

"We've heard your feedback on the new forums and we appreciate it. We've been working out the kinks on the nuts and bolts of the forums. Now we're ready to dive into the look and feel. Ten Club is currently working with a design team to help make the forums visually more user friendly. We'll make every effort to make the best forums for the best fans."

Sweet. :) Thank you 10C for the long awaited update.
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    See? They do care after all :x
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Dear 10 Club,
    You just made my heart start beating very fast and break out in a bit of a sweat!
    It's almost like there is a tour announcement.

I can't wait to see what is to come.....Thank you!....Thank you!
    I have missed this place!!!!!
    :x Karen
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    I look forward to being able to take the userscripts down.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

I had this a couple of times ...

Yep had this a Few times
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,105
    edited March 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

"We've heard your feedback on the new forums and we appreciate it. We've been working out the kinks on the nuts and bolts of the forums. Now we're ready to dive into the look and feel. Ten Club is currently working with a design team to help make the forums visually more user friendly. We'll make every effort to make the best forums for the best fans."

I was so happy to see this! I hope it doesn't take forever to make this more user friendly (or just change back to old site). I just wanna start coming here again more than once a week.
  • Options
    Changing it back to the way it used to be would be nice.

Red Mosquito has an identical forum to the old PJ forum.

PLUS, you can:

1) embed youtube videos,
    2) include as large a picture as you want to a post, and it will auto-adjust,
    3) Click a button to toggle back & forth between regular view and mobile view.
    ....It's like the Old PJ forum +

Red Mosquito is free and they know what they are doing, forum-wise. Plus the mods aren't control freaks.

Here, you have to PAY for a forum that EXISTS for juvenile, start-up. online communities and which is run by moderators who only answer the easiest of questions about the forum.
    like ....."we're working on it".

The strange thing is that the forum that the band is associated with is THIS ONE.

I like to believe they have nothing to do with this forum, actually. It keeps my faith in them.

• Options
    Since red mosquito is being mentioned a lot.

Check this interesting tidbit
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Mosquito
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rollings said:

Changing it back to the way it used to be would be nice.

Red Mosquito has an identical forum to the old PJ forum.

PLUS, you can:

1) embed youtube videos,
    2) include as large a picture as you want to a post, and it will auto-adjust,
    3) Click a button to toggle back & forth between regular view and mobile view.
    ....It's like the Old PJ forum +

Red Mosquito is free and they know what they are doing, forum-wise. Plus the mods aren't control freaks.

Here, you have to PAY for a forum that EXISTS for juvenile, start-up. online communities and which is run by moderators who only answer the easiest of questions about the forum.
    like ....."we're working on it".

The strange thing is that the forum that the band is associated with is THIS ONE.

I like to believe they have nothing to do with this forum, actually. It keeps my faith in them.

I don't really think it's that good a forum.... nothing special. Not very attractive. And there are way more people on this forum as far as I can tell. But hey, whatever forum works for each person! It's good to have a place for everyone!
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    PJ_Soul said:

I was way too excited when I got the 10C newletter!!! I'm hoping for big changes...or at least ones that make sense. I miss my PJ forum!!!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I don't really think it's that good a forum.... nothing special. Not very attractive. And there are way more people on this forum as far as I can tell. But hey, whatever forum works for each person! It's good to have a place for everyone!

Post edited by PJ_Soul at 12:36PM

This.

And it's different, but very usable, not a reason to abandon ship. Now--all the negativity has gotten me down a bit. But-- I'm still enjoying the forum and some threads are really fun to watch, that's the cool part.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, I didn't necessarily say it was a good forum. Mostly, the format is the same message board format that this forum used to be....plus it has features (such as those that I listed above) that show we didn't need a whole damn format just to be able to have a mobile view, or to embed youtube videos, or for whatever the hell reason they changed it anyway.

and yes, this format is "usable", but its inferior and I still feel ripped off and annoyed every time I go to use a feature that the board used to have, but isnt' there anymore.... especially cause it's all so unnecessary.

And right now I'm pissed that despite everyone's pissedness, the ten C's response is, "OK, we'll make the font bigger. soon"
  • Options
    Well let's wait and see what they do! If they are "working with designers" it may very well look great once they're done with it!

POSITIVE THINKING! ;)

And that said, I think MikeD88's scripts are just great, but hope for Mike's sake and the sake of those who don't know about it that 10C's design ends up being fucking spectacular.

• Options
    I'm not holding my breath.

You have to remember they are working with vanilla forums (right click your avatar/ choose last choice "properties"/, and look at url path). Theres only so much you can do with "vanilla forums" being that its a basic, start up message board system.

"designer team" or not, you can't make much of a room using play-doh

• Options
    Plus, it's not even how it "looks" but how it "feels".

the missing features. LIke, you can't even search through one's own posts anymore, or search a specific forum, or alter your search in any way. NO. there's one big fucking search feature, and NO you can't tweak it.

It's a bare-bone forum with only so many options. No amount of color or print is going to change that. If they change to another format host, then they have a chance.

And what they mean by a "design team", is that somebody is going to finally read the instructions one Saturday.........soon.

And don't mistake my bitching for being negative, (not that any one is)....my bitching is true..
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,791
    PJ_Soul said:

Well let's wait and see what they do! If they are "working with designers" it may very well look great once they're done with it!

POSITIVE THINKING! ;)

And that said, I think MikeD88's scripts are just great, but hope for Mike's sake and the sake of those who don't know about it that 10C's design ends up being fucking spectacular.

Hahaha! Love the cartoon!

Thank goodness for MikeD88 putting up those scripts! But even he has said elsewhere he looks forward to taking the scripts down. Let's hope so-- and keeps those cows grounded!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rollings said:

You have to remember they are working with vanilla forums

For those of us that don't know what that means......
    http://vanillaforums.org/