Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    pjradio said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's actually pretty simple. Just don't use an insulting emoticon in a way that insults a member. Pretty sure there are other ways to use the loser smiley without calling another member a loser. I.e. someone used it in the context of the forum update. Apt use of it. Or we can use it when talking about some idiot in the news, say.... pretty easy to avoid calling fellow members losers! You just deal with it in the same way you would the actual word.

I'll use 'em all...unfortunately, sometimes ppl on here come across as losers & need to be told that. They shouldn't be there if you can get in trouble for using them. Aren't we adults here?

"Kat banned you?....why?"
    "I used a loser emoticon."
    "Oh."

Yes, that is just a tad ridiculous. 3:-O
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited January 2014
    pjradio said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's actually pretty simple. Just don't use an insulting emoticon in a way that insults a member. Pretty sure there are other ways to use the loser smiley without calling another member a loser. I.e. someone used it in the context of the forum update. Apt use of it. Or we can use it when talking about some idiot in the news, say.... pretty easy to avoid calling fellow members losers! You just deal with it in the same way you would the actual word.

I'll use 'em all...unfortunately, sometimes ppl on here come across as losers & need to be told that. They shouldn't be there if you can get in trouble for using them. Aren't we adults here?

"Oh."

You really go around telling people they are a loser?? I have never seen you do that before... seems pretty mean. Even if some is acting like "a loser" in yoir opinion, since when was it okay to call someone that on this forum? For that matter, since when was directing the L on the forehead sign at someone adult behaviour?? A person wouldn't get banned for using the loser emoticon. They might for calling another member a loser though.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    edited January 2014
    Ok, it is annoying not to be able to tell where the post ends and the signature starts. :-q
    I have already started learning some of them by heart....not that I wanted to. ~X(
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    KateA said:

Ok, it is annoying not to be able to tell where the post ends and the signature starts. :-q
    I have already started learning some of them by heart....not that I wanted to. ~X(

Turn them off

Makes it much better
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

pjradio said:

PJ_Soul said:

"Oh."

You really go around telling people they are a loser?? I have never seen you do that before... seems pretty mean. Even if some is acting like "a loser" in yoir opinion, since when was it okay to call someone that on this forum? A person wouldn't get banned for using the loser emoticon. They might for calling another member a loser though.
    Nope, not me! Never have before. Not my style...just saying, that there are certain instances when I've seen that it would be appropriate:

"What are you? The Forum police for pointing out something I said that was wrong?....asshole!"
    "No, you're choice of songs on your PJ mixtape sucks!"
    "Why would you want THAT poster??...Its ugly as hell!"
    "Yes, I think that bringing my 8month old to the pit is TOTALLY appropriate!"

And why have those certain emoticons available, if they aren't meant to be used?

L-) loser :^o liar :-@ blah, blah, blah, you talk too much :-t you like to wave dildos & then chew on them :!! and whatever the hell this one is
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:

:!! and whatever the hell this one is

HAMMER TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Vanilla Forums??? Worse than vanilla sex. At least sex is fun. This is damage to my eyes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

pjradio said:

:!! and whatever the hell this one is

HAMMER TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
    kudos!...I just caught that....you in fact, just touched on that!!!

**EDIT** that did not sound right AT ALL! sorry L-) here
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited January 2014
    pjradio said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjradio said:

PJ_Soul said:

"Oh."

You really go around telling people they are a loser?? I have never seen you do that before... seems pretty mean. Even if some is acting like "a loser" in yoir opinion, since when was it okay to call someone that on this forum? A person wouldn't get banned for using the loser emoticon. They might for calling another member a loser though.
    Nope, not me! Never have before. Not my style...just saying, that there are certain instances when I've seen that it would be appropriate:

"What are you? The Forum police for pointing out something I said that was wrong?....asshole!"
    "No, you're choice of songs on your PJ mixtape sucks!"
    "Why would you want THAT poster??...Its ugly as hell!"
    "Yes, I think that bringing my 8month old to the pit is TOTALLY appropriate!"

And why have those certain emoticons available, if they aren't meant to be used?

L-) loser :^o liar :-@ blah, blah, blah, you talk too much :-t you like to wave dildos & then chew on them :!! and whatever the hell this one is
    Lol! Yeah, it has been made easier to be rude to people with the stupid new smilies... but just because they are there is doesn't mean we have to use them in a way so they're directed towards other board members (there are other uses for all of those emoticons). Maybe it's a 10c lesson in restraint! :D ;-)
    That hammertime one is fucking hilarious btw. :))
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    anyway,what happen happen,i said my opinion ,same so many members,that this change was not something we wanted,or asked,or anything else..someone woke up one day and said lets do this,and didnt realise how crap is the result..
    i love this place to death,but im not gonna get blind,or start saving every conversation i have at pm,afraid maybe tomorrow without let anyone know someone will change the forum and ill loose the rest of my pm..or see anyone can post on my profile what ever wants,with out me can control my own profile page..i made so many friends all those years here,and the good part i know how to find them at other social media,or email them or give them a call..
    i enjoy this place so much but someone just like that took that joy away with this crap..
    its make me sad i cant smile here anymore and lost this craving i had every day to come here,read and have a conversation with the rest of the fans of my favo band
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I have to agree with Diimitris. I am having so much trouble with this new forum, that I don't even look forward to coming on anymore. It really has taken the joy away for me too.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

I have to agree with Diimitris. I am having so much trouble with this new forum, that I don't even look forward to coming on anymore. It really has taken the joy away for me too.

Maybe this is all part of their master plan?
  • Options

anyway,what happen happen,i said my opinion ,same so many members,that this change was not something we wanted,or asked,or anything else..someone woke up one day and said lets do this,and didnt realise how crap is the result..
    i love this place to death,but im not gonna get blind,or start saving every conversation i have at pm,afraid maybe tomorrow without let anyone know someone will change the forum and ill loose the rest of my pm..or see anyone can post on my profile what ever wants,with out me can control my own profile page..i made so many friends all those years here,and the good part i know how to find them at other social media,or email them or give them a call..
    i enjoy this place so much but someone just like that took that joy away with this crap..
    its make me sad i cant smile here anymore and lost this craving i had every day to come here,read and have a conversation with the rest of the fans of my favo band

him being a 100,000+ post member...that should carry some weight. Pay Attn. powers that be!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited January 2014
    pjradio said:

him being a 100,000+ post member...that should carry some weight. Pay Attn. powers that be!
    Shouldn't matter how many posts you have or if you're first PJ show was in 91 - Tenclub should listen to:

And regarding this issue, they should have listened and answered YESTERDAY.

If anyone is good as GIF-making, I would like the text "NeoGAF" to be changed to "Tenclub" in this GIF and use for all these kind of situations, that's just keep on happening. Like clockwork.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Like the new forum

Don't like how signatures get same weight as messages... Makes it very confusing to read.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Nice new features and layout, awesome that it is responsive to mobile phones - but seriously, this needs a lot of work on the CSS scripts to make it easy to follow. In just 5 mins with Chrome script editor I customised some of the CSS entries to change colours and text sizes to make it much easer to read and less confusing/cluttered. Please give this RESPECTFUL feedback to whoever built the new forum in it because the job is only half done and with just a few more tweaks will be a great step forward.
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    I've never been a big poster but I do like to come on regularly to see what people are talking about. I can't comment on the search function or issues with pm's or other stuff like that because I don't really use them.

But...this forum is god awful. It's actually painful to try and read and make sense of. Worst design ever. It does help some to increase the font size but still sucks imo.
  • Options
    rel="Paul Andrews">Nice new features and layout, awesome that it is responsive to mobile phones - but seriously, this needs a lot of work on the CSS scripts to make it easy to follow. In just 5 mins with Chrome script editor I customised some of the CSS entries to change colours and text sizes to make it much easer to read and less confusing/cluttered. Please give this RESPECTFUL feedback to whoever built the new forum in it because the job is only half done and with just a few more tweaks will be a great step forward.

This^^^^^^^

I don't know what you just said but it definitely makes sense to the people that should listen.<blockquote class="Quote"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    It works & looks great on a Blackberry, for the very first time!! No need to zoom in & out to view the message board. Very fast & easy to use.

As for roaming the board on the desktop PC, the text is too small. Without out logging into your account and disabling the signatures, the signatures are just awful and should be disabled even if you're not logged into your account.

Everything else is going well. Would be great if our post count wasn't by our name cause it's confusing seeing your name & post # right next to it. Can that be fixed where to view how many posts the user has posted, just click their user name instead? Every fan should be equal, no matter how many posts they have posted here.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Like the new forum

Don't like how signatures get same weight as messages... Makes it very confusing to read.

Go to account options under your user name- top left.- click on preferences and then go to signature settings- click all of them and then you no longer see peoples stuff in their posts.

time for another beer. cheers.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    pdalowsky said:

KateA said:

just realised you could do this. thanks
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    For those that don't know (for most browsers) if you are at a PC just press control and scroll up on the mouse wheel this will increase the font instantly.

• Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    edited January 2014
    ?sorry, post failed and couldn't delete? Not trying to be a nuisance

:(( (also couldn't find appropriate smilie!?
    Post edited by moretonbayfig on
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

For those that don't know (for most browsers) if you are at a PC just press control and scroll up on the mouse wheel this will increase the font instantly.

I'm on a PC, but this doesn't work for me. If I use CTRL + the + key, it jumps too much and everything gets pixillated. Plus, I don't wanna have to adjust the page everytime I get on it.

• Options
    are you on xp?
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I'm sorry but the new forum is bad. It's incredibly dificult to navigate and read. You can't find anything nor can you tell where one one post ends and the next begins. I don't see where any of this is an improvement other than that now the avatars actually update.
  • Options
    yayyy!!! fun times!!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    This place has definitely taken more than a couple of steps backward. How anyone in 10c can think otherwise is beyond me. This is awful.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    any update on what to do with our lost usernames?
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    The "Search" function, I'm preeetttty suuuuuure, doesn't work.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!