Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    PJ_Soul said:

FrankieG said:

did 10c have to pay a subscription for the other board? this one is free, no?

http://vanillaforums.org/

Doesn't look like it's free. Depends on what tier they got.
    Actually, it kind of does look like they're using the free one. When I look at the features available with the paid one, they don't seem to match up with what we're seeing here (i.e. here it looks way way worse... I guess that could just mean that they have no idea how to use the paid one yet...).
    Where did that popcorn emoticon go? hahaha
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    dankind said:

=D>
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The best of the new smilies--------- 8-}
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    This is the only one that really expresses what I mean to express when I use it: :-w

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

This is the only one that really expresses what I mean to express when I use it: :-w

Thats what you look like waiting for someone to take you up on your trade offer....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    PJ_Soul said:

Thank you for the link. I have saved it to my bookmarks. But I'm not a computer whizz. Do I need to download them all now? :-?

No, just right click on the emoticon, select copy image location, and then just post it like you would an image. It's harder, obviously, but worth it IMO. image

Ok, thanks. Let me try:

Yay! It is back! I missed that little fella.
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    The new design makes me not wanna come here anymore...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Kat said:

Anyway..i saw flags..i saw i have 1 point at my profile....a best of button..whatever..my eyes hurt to read and search

Yes, you got a positive rating on a post while we were testing that. This Flagging feature may change to a different one...we'll see. Flagging is for abusive posts. The Reactions to posts test didn't get a good reaction though.

I assume mods can take away a 'warning' then? I checkec my profile and I don't have any warnings against me...I did see the big red box 'RKCNDY has been warned for this post'...

so FLAG YOU to whoever flagged me...image
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The edit time has changed from one hour to one DAY..... meaning they have full control of this time limit.... Surely no limit is the best option so people can change OPs??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

The edit time has changed from one hour to one DAY..... meaning they have full control of this time limit.... Surely no limit is the best option so people can change OPs??

The important thing is, it looks like they are reading through this thread. This gives me some hope image

But why is it still so blazing white in here? Will they be selling sun glasses in the shop? image
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    KateA said:

PJ_Soul said:

The important thing is, it looks like they are reading through this thread. This gives me some hope image

But why is it still so blazing white in here? Will they be selling sun glasses in the shop? image
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    KateA said:

PJ_Soul said:

Definitely nice to see things changing (slowly....... I know there aren't very many people there taking care of everything). I never doubted they were reading this thread though and taking in the critiques. Kat's been responding to posts. :)
  • Options

Definitely nice to see things changing (slowly....... I know there aren't very many people there taking care of everything). I never doubted they were reading this thread though and taking in the critiques. Kat's been responding to posts. :)

After all the negativity that got poured out on their heads, I must admit I admire them for not giving up. They must be awesomely positive and patient people. image I'm not trying to suck up by the way. The design still sucks in general.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    The colour scheme really needs to be changed as soon as possible...I'm already shortsighted enough as it is!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Is it me or has the font increased a little?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    PJ_Soul said:

FrankieG said:

did 10c have to pay a subscription for the other board? this one is free, no?

http://vanillaforums.org/

Doesn't look like it's free. Depends on what tier they got.
    Actually, it kind of does look like they're using the free one. When I look at the features available with the paid one, they don't seem to match up with what we're seeing here (i.e. here it looks way way worse... I guess that could just mean that they have no idea how to use the paid one yet...).
    I'm thinking you're probably misunderstanding what Vanilla does. Vanilla provides several services to clients:

1) Hosting. Each and every website needs someone to host it. This requires a powerful server with access to high bandwidth so that many page viewers can be served adequately without having the website slow down.

2) Forum backbones. Think of what Vanilla does as a skeleton of a website - it's up to a web designer, or whom ever Ten Club hires, to flesh it out and make it aesthetically pleasing.

3) Data migration. Moving a large catalogue of user information, posts, private messages, signatures, display pictures, etc. isn't all that straight-forward.

Since some posts have stated that they've seen "Hosted by Vanilla Forums", there is no maybe - they must be paying for Vanilla.

Now, if you look at the plugins which Vanilla makes available to its clients, you can figure out which tier they're using:

-Single sign-in is being utilized (ie. when you log in on the website, you log in on the forum), so it's at least the Advanced package.
    -Forum migration is being utilized (though with some issues apparently), so it's at least the Enterprise package.

And what does this tell us? Really nothing. The Vanilla discussion is actually a moot point - what matters is whether Ten Club decided to hire a competent web designer to make this site human-friendly. My guess is they hired a web designer. I'll leave it at that.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Liking the notifications feature on bookmarked threads and the easier way to upload pics. Good stuff.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    myoung321 said:

How about limiting signature lines? Gets a bit annoying trying to read a thread and have to read over an over and over the show dates that someone attended. Put that stuff in the profile..not signatures.

You can change that in your settings to block signatures

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I'll keep it short and sweet... hate the new board. Liked the old one. Bring it back. Fuck this shit, please.

You (Ten Club LLC) cannot possibly be saving enough money on this to make it worthwhile to the paying fans who use it, to make it worth it.

The only good thing is I still have the old PMs and the ability to look up old posts. They could have REALLY fucked it up if they just started everything anew. But otherwise... horrible.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

Liking the notifications feature on bookmarked threads and the easier way to upload pics. Good stuff.

You could get even better notifications on threads in the old forum. Ones that didn't get sent constantly with every post made, but only once, and then not again until you've visited the thread. I miss the way that posting notifications/thread subscriptions worked before soooooooo much.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

boyo79 said:

You could get even better notifications on threads in the old forum. Ones that didn't get sent constantly with every post made, but only once, and then not again until you've visited the thread. I miss the way that posting notifications/thread subscriptions worked before soooooooo much.
    I liked the notifications on the old forum better too. Now I have so many e-mails I don't have time to go read each post, since I'm busy deleting e-mails.

"A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

I liked the notifications on the old forum better too. Now I have so many e-mails I don't have time to go read each post, since I'm busy deleting e-mails.

There are ways to receive notifications. Click on your avatar in the forum homepage. On the top right click edit profile. Then click on notifications on the menu list. There you can choose email/pop up or both for how you receive messages. I too was wondering why my email was being flooded. I unchecked the email box and have had not problems.

Does this help?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

There are ways to receive notifications. Click on your avatar in the forum homepage. On the top right click edit profile. Then click on notifications on the menu list. There you can choose email/pop up or both for how you receive messages. I too was wondering why my email was being flooded. I unchecked the email box and have had not problems.

Does this help?

Thank you, but no. I am aware that you can turn email notifications off. But I really relied on the email notifications to follow threads I was participating in. Now my only choice is to either get millions of emails, or none. Those are two very bad options. I have tried both, and both suck.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,500
    I could type forever and just reiterate what everyone thinks. All I can say is this is the oddest "update" of anything ever. What a mess. Bring back the old version.
  • Options
    I have to echo what Daron just said-bring back the old version.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Is it me or has the font increased a little?

it appears to be a tad bit bigger to me too

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,315
    the beauty and the beast...

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ^^^ image Yeah, no shit. Now compare what the individual boards look like on a PC. That's even more depressing!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,315
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^ image Yeah, no shit. Now compare what the individual boards look like on a PC. That's even more depressing!

compare on a pc???ill not do that...i try to avoid crying on Tuesdays... :))
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”