Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    I feel like this new Forum was designed by Frank Kozik.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Rub it in, Dimi, rub it in ... image
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567

the beauty and the beast...

No comparison.....Much cleaner....
    It's time to admit they fucked up...swallow your pride
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

best comment in the history of internet..
    =))
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    I don't see any of what you're talking about, likes, dislikes, flags.?? I can't even find what I thought I posted earlier today. Wtf???
  • Options
    this is the ole of message boards.
    Get over here!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

I don't see any of what you're talking about, likes, dislikes, flags.?? I can't even find what I thought I posted earlier today. Wtf???

seems they were tinkering with things earlier. flag is still there under the username in posts, but the rest are gone.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Does anyone else have to log in twice to get to the forum? I just mentioned this in another thread but didn't quite receive a response I was hoping for.

When I visit the PJ website you have to log in - that's once. When I click on forum I can't comment unless I sign in - twice.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    a couple of times earlier in the day.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Last night I dreamt that we all found out that the reason they gave us this awful website was kind of like them deciding not to do videos when they were first starting out. They wanted to slow the train down. Get rid of some of the crowd.

Let's hope that was just a bad dream and not an insight!!!!

(I wanted to add a smilie face but I just can't bring myself to use the stupid faces!!!!)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam said:

They wanted to slow the train down. Get rid of some of the crowd.

That is one callous statement. This new website was implied on us all.

I personally will step out and say that there are numerous comments in this thread that are directed to members that are not necessarily from the old forum.

If a new member were to join today and read comments like "purging, beta form to get rid of the crowd" etc. I would be very disheartened and would not feel the warm welcome that 10c seems to advertise.

There are thousands of people that are not paid members and just come to the site to browse and see info about their favorite band. If I was a non-paying member and browsed a paid-member site and read comments so cold I would not want to join.

Pearl Jam is being discovered at a phenomenal rate. The Official Pearl Jam website is being discovered at an equally fast rate. Fans just want a place to be a fan.

As a statement to all I believe I have never seen this many responses from so many members on the forum. Although the old forum was familiar there seems to be more give with peoples opinions in this new format which in turn opens up the forum.

To all recent and new 10c members we welcome you. If you are not paid and are reading this please join.

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    kg162716 said:

the beauty and the beast...

No comparison.....Much cleaner....
    It's time to admit they fucked up...swallow your pride
    This is so glaringly clear!!
    D............thanks for posting the 2 together............I almost forgot how nice the old forum was. :x

It was so damn easy to navigate and find what I'm looking for at a glance.

Please bring back what we all love......... this place is cold and ugly.
    :-<
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

best comment in the history of internet..
    =))
    Totally! It's worse than that piece of shit cowboy poster from Oakland... well ok that may be stretching it a little bit...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    Alright it's time. I haven't posted in new forum yet. Been trying to give it time, adjust to change, see positives. I'm really having a hard time. I don't like this new forum at all. I've never had Facebook and if this is what it's like then I've made the correct choice never joining. I hope 10c makes this better because I can't see myself spending near as much time in this wonderful community if this is even close to the final product of the forums.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    Hey, where did the 'like' button go?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I'm honestly not getting what people's problems are with the white background. Use Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, most sites all have a white background.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Its more the font size tbh on PC/Mac
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Spags said:

Its more the font size tbh on PC/Mac

A quick press of Ctrl & + sorts that out for me, though I don't actually have a problem with the font size as it is.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Oh yeah - in that case we sorted!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    I quote perfectlefts14 about his design comment and from that moment the same comment of mine is saved from yesterday at leave a comment box here..everytime i open this page .even refresh page..go out and return to the forum,the comment is still here..i delete it.still in the box...epic!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Oh my word, 10C what have you done? This is simply awful.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited January 2014
    boyo79 said:

I'm honestly not getting what people's problems are with the white background. Use Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, most sites all have a white background.

I actually side with you. Look at MSN.com, or a zillion other web-sites. This is the color scheme. And the smart phone/tablet functionality is 100% better. Yes, I need to squeeze open the screen on my iPad, but I had to do that before, also.

And, so someone else just alluded to - maybe, they felt the chorus here was too small. Maybe, they have information that leads them to believe there would be MORE folks that gave their daily opinions (and hope us old farts get over ourselves).

There are many great ideas that are getting lost - specifically some of the PM issues, etc. And while I wouldn't mind seeing some visual modifications that is the least of my concerns. Though I will say, after being on my work computer yesterday, there is a significant difference using on older version of IE. It was all shifted left, and I can understand why folks are having issues there. But, for IE users, there's a simple solution - update your IE (I know b/c the home computer I'm on now looks fine). Not sure of the other web browsers - if you have the most up to date one, I'd hope the site works well with it - if not, that's an issue they need to address. If your browser isn't up to date - update it (I can't for work, but then again, I wouldn't expect all web-sites to back support every old version of IE - oh, well - I'll deal with it at work (or work from home more often

:)) )

Anyway, I'd say 2 things to the folks that complain incessantly about the color scheme -

1) Is your browser up to date? (again, if it is, then that's an issue they need to address - at least to say - don't use a certain browser - which would suck, but at least you'd know they know. there are web-sites that do that. It would be unfortunate, but at least it would be clear to all and you'd know your options).

2) Are you more concerned about function or form? Because it sounds like the latter. And if you see suggestions along there way, there are probably solutions/reasons that could remedy (EDIT: or at least mitigate) that.

Fire away. I can edit until tomorrow. :P
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    It's hideous and gives me a headache.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Well, now that I've switched off Signatures, cmd+ the page larger to increase font size its not too bad really. I very rarely use the PM function and, despite a lot of the text looking like a jumbled mess put together by a toddler, I dont really see any other issues that impact me. Going over to Gmail at work was a bigger adjustment tbh.

Or maybe I'm just in a good mood today as the Xmas Single turned up in 'record' time!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548

Is anybody elses left side of the pages partially cut off? I mean I see just a tincy piece of peoples avatars and Discussion topics..
    LOL please don't kill me for posting in the wrong threads~

I have the same issue. The left side is cut off. Not sure how to fix it. Not a fan of all the white either.

"Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options

Is anybody elses left side of the pages partially cut off? I mean I see just a tincy piece of peoples avatars and Discussion topics..
    LOL please don't kill me for posting in the wrong threads~

I have the same issue. The left side is cut off. Not sure how to fix it. Not a fan of all the white either.

What browser and version are you using? I had an issue with an older IE browser. Up to date one doesn't have that issue.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855
    Its becoming familiar to me already,

if I had the choice I preferred the other site, imo it was much better, but im finding my feet with this new one, and after all its just a forum I like to visit and engage a little with like minded people, it certainly isn't the end of the world.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    pdalowsky said:

Its becoming familiar to me already,

if I had the choice I preferred the other site, imo it was much better, but im finding my feet with this new one, and after all its just a forum I like to visit and engage a little with like minded people, it certainly isn't the end of the world.

Ha- but I thought with PJ and change it was the end of the world? From what I am reading, it does seem Armageddon has arrived.

I've gotten used to it pretty quickly as well. I think a few quick and easy things could make it better, and I'm hoping its still a work in progress.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    edited January 2014
    Now that I can see the forums in Firefox (I had to close it out and clear my cache), it's a lot better on the eyes then when I was trying on IE and everything was pushed to the left and in the background, the picture of jeff and the band was distracting me from the words and text etc.
    I'm still trying to understand why we can't edit posts and have an outbox and sent box for PMs. That was a nice feature. Editing posts is most efficient for fund-raiser sale threads and so on so I find not editing them after a certain amount of time defeats the purpose of efficiency and information sharing
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    boyo79 said:

Yes, but the other sites have some other colors or pictures, or ads, or something in the page to break up the text.
    The current forum is shockingly stark white, as others have said it is like driving in the snow in white out conditions, very hard on the eyes.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless