Edit: Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

Comments

• 4 pm Toronto time, Mr. Ford is going to hold a press conference. Listen to it live at yahoo, cbc, and other stations in your area.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited November 2013
    He actually said "God bless Toronto" to laughter.

You cant make this shit up.

Edit: He actually said "God bless the people of Toronto"......one of the most truthful things I have heard out of his mouth.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    just watched it ... phew ... thought he might resign or take a leave of absence ... it would have shown the guy actually has some sense of morality ... thankfully, he continues to show he lacks any class ...

memo to mayor: of course you love your job - you get paid to do nothing; you get paid to drive to mcdonalds and liquor stores so you can hang out in school playgrounds ... who wouldn't love that job!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    He said he has nothing left to hide.... I SERIOUSLY doubt that!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    If I just read a collection of his greatest stories to a stranger and then told that person that Ford was either one of the greatest WWF heels ever whose backstory was that he was the Mayor of Toronto, or that he was actually the Mayor of Toronto, that person would pick WWF heel everytime, right?

:lol:
    edited November 2013
    This! This is the tie he chose to wear at the press conference where he admits to smoking crack cocaine????

robford.png?w=600&h=333

It's got the Houston Fucking Oilers Logo on it!!!!!

Bravo, Mayor Ford, bravo ... :thumbup:

(i wonder if that red circle thing on his lapel shoots water out of it ... :think:)
    Post edited by Jason P on
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    The tie is from 1995. The Philadelphia Eagles logo on the left side, which the team stopped using that year, gives it away. The fact that Jacksonville and Carolina logos are there as well means that it couldn't have been used after.
    Jason P wrote:
    This! This is the tie he chose to wear at the press conference where he admits to smoking crack cocaine????

robford.png?w=600&h=333

(i wonder if that red circle thing on his lapel shoots water out of it ... :think:)

Priceless
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, but it's hard to not smoke crack when your friends are all shifty characters working some kind of shady business out of a dry cleaning place. He'd have to drop all his best friends to have a real chance. :|

I would say most people who indulge in illegal drugs know, deal with or hang around questionable characters and to be honest I consider politicians to be of questionable character ;):lol::lol::lol:.
    You're right, the most questionable of all, really! But still.... wtf. The mayor of TO hangs out with gang bangers? Really? Pretty weird.

I'm immune to politicians behaving badly ... I expect it. Living in the Detroit media market and seeing their former mayor sent off to jail for 28 years or something makes Rob Fords action seem extremely petty and very humorous.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Just watching CBC news and Peter Mansbridge said chronic use of crack often leads to malnourishment since it's an appetite supresent ... So it's obvious by looking at him he's not an addict :lol::lol:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I LOVE this shit. Best news story of the decade. I hope everyone can learn something from Mr.Ford. I'm totally bringing a bunch of rock to work tomorrow.
    lukin2006 wrote:

I live 15 minutes from Detroit ... this guy has nothing on what taken place in that city with their former mayor. Why would you be embarrassed? He should be embarrassed ... but I doubt he is. I know I'm not embarrassed! He doesn't represent me or my community or even my region, he doesn't represent Ontario and most certainly doesn't represent Canada ... but what this case shows is that we need "right to recall legislation". My guess is that he admitted well before the 2015 election that it might not even be an issue ... heck if he just sought out drug and alcohol rehab it'd be damn near impossible for anyone to even mention it after (the old I was addicted and now I'm a recovering addict story).

I would not be embarrassed ...

The Assassination of Canada by the Coward Rob Ford

http://gawker.com/the-assassination-of- ... 1459026074
    dignin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I live 15 minutes from Detroit ... this guy has nothing on what taken place in that city with their former mayor. Why would you be embarrassed? He should be embarrassed ... but I doubt he is. I know I'm not embarrassed! He doesn't represent me or my community or even my region, he doesn't represent Ontario and most certainly doesn't represent Canada ... but what this case shows is that we need "right to recall legislation". My guess is that he admitted well before the 2015 election that it might not even be an issue ... heck if he just sought out drug and alcohol rehab it'd be damn near impossible for anyone to even mention it after (the old I was addicted and now I'm a recovering addict story).

I would not be embarrassed ...

The Assassination of Canada by the Coward Rob Ford

http://gawker.com/the-assassination-of- ... 1459026074

:lol::lol::lol:

lukin2006 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I would say most people who indulge in illegal drugs know, deal with or hang around questionable characters and to be honest I consider politicians to be of questionable character ;):lol::lol::lol:.
    You're right, the most questionable of all, really! But still.... wtf. The mayor of TO hangs out with gang bangers? Really? Pretty weird.

I'm immune to politicians behaving badly ... I expect it. Living in the Detroit media market and seeing their former mayor sent off to jail for 28 years or something makes Rob Fords action seem extremely petty and very humorous.
    I can understand that... it's the same as being desensitized to mass shootings I guess.... I have made a point of not becoming desensitized to either! If everyone develops that attitude, then they win. :nono:
  • Jason P wrote:

robford.png?w=600&h=333

Don't diss the Oiler logo. I still wear my Oiler zubas around the house in the fall and winter. Warren Fucking Moon was the Man!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

From CKNW 980 news alert:

"A new Rob Ford video has surfaced, during which the Toronto Mayor looks agitated and high, swears numerous times, and uses the words "kill" and "murder" about an unknown person. The context of his 1-minute and 20-second rant is not known."

:corn:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

"A new Rob Ford video has surfaced, during which the Toronto Mayor looks agitated and high, swears numerous times, and uses the words "kill" and "murder" about an unknown person. The context of his 1-minute and 20-second rant is not known."

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11 ... _rant.html
    Rob Ford ally may ask for Ontario’s help to remove embattled mayor from office

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tor ... e15309318/

Politicians like this are ridiculous ... why does he not ask the province for right to recall legislation so the people have the choice to remove politicians behaving badly? No he wants the politicians to have all the power. Nothing will ever change until the politicians realize we the people are the leaders and they are the servants and should be taking marching orders from us ... as of now it's the the opposite ... and people wonder why voter turnout is so low.

polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11 ... _rant.html

CRACK RAGE!!
    I highly doubt he was drunk in that video.
    i dunno ... i wouldn't be shocked if thestar got played on this one ...
    polaris_x wrote:

How so?
    The most shocking part of this Rob Ford scandal is he hasn't taken a LOA and checked in rehab ... I guess it just shows how arrogant he is, obviously he thinks he'll win re-election. In the meantime it humorous for us outside Toronto to watch his meltdown ... almost like a bad reality show ;):lol::lol::lol:.

dignin wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

How so?

just that they paid for the video ... it could be some talk of him doing a charity boxing match with justin trudeau or jose canseco ... here was a way of staging something knowing the star would spend money on ... something that doesn't really do anything to alter the opinion of the mayor ...

i'm likely wrong ... but it looks a bit staged and the fact they paid for it ... makes me wonder ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dignin wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

How so?

just that they paid for the video ... it could be some talk of him doing a charity boxing match with justin trudeau or jose canseco ... here was a way of staging something knowing the star would spend money on ... something that doesn't really do anything to alter the opinion of the mayor ...

i'm likely wrong ... but it looks a bit staged and the fact they paid for it ... makes me wonder ...

Possibly, but Ford's reaction to the video makes me think otherwise.

Another poll came out today taken yesterday showing Ford's approval rating staying solid at 44%.

Am I missing something?
    dignin wrote:
    Possibly, but Ford's reaction to the video makes me think otherwise.

Another poll came out today taken yesterday showing Ford's approval rating staying solid at 44%.

Am I missing something?

as in why his approval rating is high!?

because his base is about as loyal as it gets ... these people actually believe him when he says he's saved the city money ... they believe this is all some conspiracy to take him out of office so someone else can raise taxes ... it's kind of similar to the muslim and gun threads ... people lack any rationality ...

if you voted for him to begin with - it's a clear indication that you are a sucker and suckers usually continue to be suckers ... gotta remember also ... when he first started - his approval rating was high ... so, the people who were able to clue in actually abandoned him a long time ago ... so, these are just the diehards now ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dignin wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

How so?

The media pays for stuff all the time - it doesn't indicate whether or not something is false or not, but only that whoever was in possession of the video demanded payment before they'd hand it over. I don't see that as relevant to the truth (or lack thereof) of the video or story personally.