Edit: Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The media pays for stuff all the time - it doesn't indicate whether or not something is false or not, but only that whoever was in possession of the video demanded payment before they'd hand it over. I don't see that as relevant to the truth (or lack thereof) of the video or story personally.

except they had said they don't pay for content ... that's why it was up to gawker to come up with the funds originally ...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The media pays for stuff all the time - it doesn't indicate whether or not something is false or not, but only that whoever was in possession of the video demanded payment before they'd hand it over. I don't see that as relevant to the truth (or lack thereof) of the video or story personally.

except they had said they don't pay for content ... that's why it was up to gawker to come up with the funds originally ...
    I guess they changed their minds.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at... are you saying that perhaps the paper somehow manufactured the video??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm not sure what you're getting at... are you saying that perhaps the paper somehow manufactured the video??

no no ... just that the star is so desperate for more content on this guy ... they will pay anyone for anything ... this video could just be him goofing around ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

no no ... just that the star is so desperate for more content on this guy ... they will pay anyone for anything ... this video could just be him goofing around ...
    Ooohhh, okay. :lol: I was thinking "wtf, when did you become a conspiracy theorist?" :lol:
    Yeah, I wish the context of the vid were explicit.... I mean... he's talking about murder... and a guy with some kind of vague connection to him got murdered fairly recently, so I'm sure there are a lot of people who wish the context were explicit, including those in the RF camp!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Ooohhh, okay. :lol: I was thinking "wtf, when did you become a conspiracy theorist?" :lol:
    Yeah, I wish the context of the vid were explicit.... I mean... he's talking about murder... and a guy with some kind of vague connection to him got murdered fairly recently, so I'm sure there are a lot of people who wish the context were explicit, including those in the RF camp!

if i had to guess ... someone asked if he would get in the ring with justin trudeau ... he mentions a ring, donating his share, setting it up .. etc...
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

if i had to guess ... someone asked if he would get in the ring with justin trudeau ... he mentions a ring, donating his share, setting it up .. etc...
    Really? Wow, I am way more suspicious of him that that!
    PJ_Soul wrote:

you're talking about a 16 year old trapped in a 40+ year old body ... he's really got the intelligence and maturity of a high school kid ... watch it again with my theory in mind ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

you're talking about a 16 year old trapped in a 40+ year old body ... he's really got the intelligence and maturity of a high school kid ... watch it again with my theory in mind ...
    That's true, but at the same time, he's mixed up with some pretty bad characters. smokes crack, and he's completely out of control. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if thoughts of murder for his own personal protection or gain crossed his mind enough to blab about it while fucked up. I don't know either way, but I have no reason at all to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point either....
  • Oh boy, Robbie all f'd up and going on about something or something. Helps that he starts his rant and then is goaded into a few classic lines. i think he is really talking about the guy who shot his drug buddy and what he is going to do to him if he gets his hands on him

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

okay ... maybe not justin trudeau ... but some kind of professional fighter?
    polaris_x wrote:
    okay ... maybe not justin trudeau ... but some kind of professional fighter?
    My mind immediately went to more dubious themes. :lol: Like, he might have been talking about someone who was against him politically or threatened to out some kind of shady behaviour on his part and actually meant that he wanted to murder him! :twisted:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    My mind immediately went to more dubious themes. :lol: Like, he might have been talking about someone who was against him politically or threatened to out some kind of shady behaviour on his part and actually meant that he wanted to murder him! :twisted:

i think the parts where they talk about the ring, give me the phone, if i win - i will donate, allude to some kind of staged event ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

i think the parts where they talk about the ring, give me the phone, if i win - i will donate, allude to some kind of staged event ...
    Yeeeaaaah, you're right.... I still think he actually wants to kill someone though! :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeeeaaaah, you're right.... I still think he actually wants to kill someone though! :lol:

no doubt!

:lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Nation Not About To Start Giving A Shit About Canadian Politics

News in Brief • Politics • World • politicians • ISSUE 49•45 • Nov 6, 2013

WASHINGTON—Despite Toronto mayor Rob Ford’s recent controversial admission to having smoked crack cocaine, Americans across the country confirmed Wednesday that, Rob Ford or no Rob Ford, there’s just no way they’re about to start giving a shit about Canadian politics—no way in hell. “Yeah, sorry, not happening,” said 37-year-old Harrisburg, PA resident Daniel Cooke, echoing the thoughts of millions of Americans who told reporters they will continue happily ignoring any and all stories about the Canadian government, the politics of Canada, or scandals involving Canadian politicians. “Frankly, that guy could have been having sex with an underage boy in the middle of a parliament meeting or whatever the hell they have over there and I still wouldn’t give a shit. I don’t know or care to know who he is, where he’s from, or what he did. What I do know is that if you think I’m going to start paying attention to what’s going on with politics in Toronto or Nova Scotia or Ontario City or wherever the fuck then you’re going to be very disappointed.” The U.S. populace went on to confirm that, unless Martin Short were to somehow be elected prime minister, their interest level in Canadian politics would remain at this level indefinitely.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-not-about-to-start-giving-a-shit-about-cana,34471/
    Jason P wrote:

WASHINGTON—Despite Toronto mayor Rob Ford’s recent controversial admission to having smoked crack cocaine, Americans across the country confirmed Wednesday that, Rob Ford or no Rob Ford, there’s just no way they’re about to start giving a shit about Canadian politics—no way in hell. “Yeah, sorry, not happening,” said 37-year-old Harrisburg, PA resident Daniel Cooke, echoing the thoughts of millions of Americans who told reporters they will continue happily ignoring any and all stories about the Canadian government, the politics of Canada, or scandals involving Canadian politicians. “Frankly, that guy could have been having sex with an underage boy in the middle of a parliament meeting or whatever the hell they have over there and I still wouldn’t give a shit. I don’t know or care to know who he is, where he’s from, or what he did. What I do know is that if you think I’m going to start paying attention to what’s going on with politics in Toronto or Nova Scotia or Ontario City or wherever the fuck then you’re going to be very disappointed.” The U.S. populace went on to confirm that, unless Martin Short were to somehow be elected prime minister, their interest level in Canadian politics would remain at this level indefinitely.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-not-about-to-start-giving-a-shit-about-cana,34471/
    :lol::lol::lol: That is probably the most factual Onion article I've ever read! :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,427
    Dude this unhealthy , speaks of being excessively drunk as "hammered" then makes the awesome decision to smoke crack? At a minimum , I think it would be good for him to take a LOA at least, while he goes into alcohol detox.

Hopefully as more of this stuff comes out he either resigns(best move) or Toronto has a mechanism in place for recall.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Dude this unhealthy , speaks of being excessively drunk as "hammered" then makes the awesome decision to smoke crack? At a minimum , I think it would be good for him to take a LOA at least, while he goes into alcohol detox.

Hopefully as more of this stuff comes out he either resigns(best move) or Toronto has a mechanism in place for recall.

best move is to take an indefinite LOA ... city can function without him (not like he's doing anything anyways) ... we can hold our election in October and hopefully be done with him ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    If your really bored this Friday you can watch the Rob Ford storey on the fifth estate (cbc) ... Can't miss T V.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    mickeyrat wrote:

We have no mechanism in place for recall in Ontario. I doubt he'll get help until he hits rock bottom, even though it appears he's getting close ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Jason P wrote:

The Onion?! That could have been from a real newspaper. Not saying everyone I've met down there are like this, but 97% is a more accurate number.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

the real story in this whole fiasco is ford nashun ... the truth is - this is not a shock to most people ... dude was busted for this kind of erratic and drunken behaviour many times before ... also, the fact he hardly shows up for work shouldn't be a surprise either as he often missed work when he was a councilor ... there is nothing shocking about what has transpired ...

the issue is how can this guy who has lied perpetually, done absolutely nothing for the city, embarrasses the city ... continue to have strong support? ... support from a base that would for sure turn like rabid dogs if our previous mayor was caught doing the same things ...

the answer is the politics of division ... essentially what US politics is ... this is the real story here ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    the real story in this whole fiasco is ford nashun ... the truth is - this is not a shock to most people ... dude was busted for this kind of erratic and drunken behaviour many times before ... also, the fact he hardly shows up for work shouldn't be a surprise either as he often missed work when he was a councilor ... there is nothing shocking about what has transpired ...

the issue is how can this guy who has lied perpetually, done absolutely nothing for the city, embarrasses the city ... continue to have strong support? ... support from a base that would for sure turn like rabid dogs if our previous mayor was caught doing the same things ...

the answer is the politics of division ... essentially what US politics is ... this is the real story here ...

I'm starting to think that maybe you didn't vote for this guy. ;)

It amazes me how in city, province, federal, elections, that some people get elected.

BUT.....I'd like to sit around and have a few beers with Bush Jr. and Ford.

I'm starting to think that maybe you didn't vote for this guy. ;)

It amazes me how in city, province, federal, elections, that some people get elected.

BUT.....I'd like to sit around and have a few beers with Bush Jr. and Ford.

:lol::lol:

dude ... you know me ... no chance in hell i would have voted for this guy ...
    New Schemes To Remove Ford Emerge As Friend Claims Video Was Mike Tyson Joke

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/08 ... 39463.html

lukin2006 wrote:

ok ... not trudeau ... tyson! ... :lol::lol:
    Mayor Ford considering treatment after ‘defining day,’ adviser says

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tor ... e15346011/

may I suggest brentwood ...

http://brentwoodrecovery.com

polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

ok ... not trudeau ... tyson! ... :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

He's taking a "personal day" today..... Probably too hungover to get out of bed.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    He's taking a "personal day" today..... Probably too hungover to get out of bed.

:lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2