Edit: Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    BB106709 wrote:
    Hello,
    I'm a proud Canadian and I just want to say how much this Mayor Ford scandal sickens me. There are things going on up here in Canada that deserve way more attention then a Mayor smoking crack.

- NORTHERN GATEWAY PIPELINE. (That threatens the province of British Columbia and the North West)
    - P.M. Steven Harpers deregulation of science programs that in turn allows foreign oil and gas companies to come in rape and destroy Canada.

So don't let this diversion in tabloid news fool you as to what's really going on in The Great White North.

Thanks Bricer
    Totally agree - the 2 issues that you mention are my main concerns in Canada at the moment as well. The pipeline has received tons of attention (at least here in BC)... of course, it's fucking happening anyway, even though the province decided that it wouldn't! So now we're going to have fucking oil tankers going up and down the inner passage - fucking nightmare waiting to happen, and upsetting to the ecosystem even if there isn't a devastating oil spill. I'm really really REALLY upset about this. And yes, Harper's deregulation is stunning, and what I find even more disturbing is his muzzling of environmental scientists in Canada. It's criminal.

BUT..... This IS a thread about Rob Ford. ;) I know I started a thread about Harper muzzling scientists a long time ago and the thread was buried within hours. No one cared. There is a thread about the pipeline too. Bit more attention on that i think, but really... no one cares. Letterman isn't talking about it. :|
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Probably not many here know this, but I have little use for politicians of any political stripe ;):lol::lol::lol:. I am confidant of this ... If the people of this country continue to vote for liberal or conservative government and expect things to change then they need to pull their head out of their collective asses. We the people of Canada need to WAKE the fuck up ... I do think some of us are awake, not enough of us though.

Personally I've given up ... The rich get richer, the corporations get richer and do whatever they want.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Probably not many here know this, but I have little use for politicians of any political stripe ;):lol::lol::lol:. I am confidant of this ... If the people of this country continue to vote for liberal or conservative government and expect things to change then they need to pull their head out of their collective asses. We the people of Canada need to WAKE the fuck up ... I do think some of us are awake, not enough of us though.

Personally I've given up ... The rich get richer, the corporations get richer and do whatever they want.
    YUP.

Siiigh, I'm depressed now. :|
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The Toronto Star is reporting embattled Mayor Rob Ford offered five thousand dollars and a car to a gang member, in exchange for a video in which the mayor is seen smoking crack.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The Toronto Star is reporting embattled Mayor Rob Ford offered five thousand dollars and a car to a gang member, in exchange for a video in which the mayor is seen smoking crack.
    same tape or a new one to come to light?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I am not sure, but I think the same tape. He was trying to buy it even before The Star reported it I believe. He offered $5000 and a car, and the gangsters wanted a LOT more. Like well into 6 figures. :lol: Of course, Ford is saying it's not true. "An outright lie" he says.... Where have I heard that before? :think:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I am not sure, but I think the same tape. He was trying to buy it even before The Star reported it I believe. He offered $5000 and a car, and the gangsters wanted a LOT more. Like well into 6 figures. :lol: Of course, Ford is saying it's not true. "An outright lie" he says.... Where have I heard that before? :think:
    makes sense, wasnt there an auction online or something?
    they wanted 100K Some online news site based here in the states paid it? I think?

T Star then had the confirmation to run with their story after the other org gave theirs?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    makes sense, wasnt there an auction online or something?
    they wanted 100K Some online news site based here in the states paid it? I think?

T Star then had the confirmation to run with their story after the other org gave theirs?
    Gawker collected money donations from readers to buy it (for $200,000). The deal fell through, and I think Gawker gave all the money away to charity or something?
  • Options
    Mayor Rob Ford captured on video dancing at Toronto church

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tor ... e15981909/

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Mayor Rob Ford captured on video dancing at Toronto church

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tor ... e15981909/

:lol::lol::lol:
    Well the person filming that hasn't exactly grasped the meaning of the holy spirit I don't think :lol: (and I hope he's the guy saying halleluiah there, lol, but that is still funny for a few different reasons. :lol:
    Although not that I feel bad for the fucking guy, but hey, at least he's trying there, for once, and I will assume he didn't go there drunk... for once. :lol:
  • Options
    Rob Ford and Toronto council’s bizarre day

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2013/12/18 ... all-video/

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you just can't make this shit up ....

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol:

You can't. You really can't. Toronto and their mayor rock!

People outside of Canada... please do not mistake the rest of us for bumbling buffoons. This is an isolated spectacle limited to one major city.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    :fp: :oops:
  • Options
    People outside of Canada... please do not mistake the rest of us for bumbling buffoons. This is an isolated spectacle limited to one major city.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I like it actually. Screw the jokes. I think more politicians should dance while in session. I will never disparage people for getting into a music moment. :D
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I like it actually. Screw the jokes. I think more politicians should dance while in session. I will never disparage people for getting into a music moment. :D

I'm not so sure I would want to encourage the combination of Rob Ford and physical movement in any capacity.

Horrifying imagery. Absolutely horrifying.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'm not so sure I would want to encourage the combination of Rob Ford and physical movement in any capacity.

I figure that as long as he's sober while he's doing it, we should be encouraging him to move as much as possible. :P
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I figure that as long as he's sober while he's doing it, we should be encouraging him to move as much as possible. :P

:lol:

As long as there is a first aid attendant on site.

The guy needed a shower after :30 seconds of fat guy reggae dancing.
  • Options
    From CKNW News Alert:

"Yet another Rob Ford video has surfaced, in which the rambling, incoherent Mayor of Toronto appears to be drunk at a steak restaurant. He's now confirmed to reporters he had been drinking but it doesn't matter because it was "on his own time". Ford recently talked about giving up booze after admitting a few months back he'd smoked crack cocaine."
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:

From CKNW News Alert:

"Yet another Rob Ford video has surfaced, in which the rambling, incoherent Mayor of Toronto appears to be drunk at a steak restaurant. He's now confirmed to reporters he had been drinking but it doesn't matter because it was "on his own time". Ford recently talked about giving up booze after admitting a few months back he'd smoked crack cocaine."
    imageimageimage

He has admitted to drinking last night

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-admits-to-drinking-a-little-bit-after-new-video-surfaces-1.2505459

• Options
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

From CKNW News Alert:

imageimageimage

He has admitted to drinking last night

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-admits-to-drinking-a-little-bit-after-new-video-surfaces-1.2505459

Yeah, I'd need a few drinks after that too!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    This guy is on the Chris Farley / Jim Belushi highway to death. I'm guilty of taking pleasure in his antics ... but it is really becoming sad. Dude needs major help.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    He's Canada's answer to Rodman!
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • Options
    unsung said:
    But you are talking about people from Toronto- never accused of being the brightest stars in the sky.

They think this guy's cute.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317

unsung said:
    But you are talking about people from Toronto- never accused of being the brightest stars in the sky.

They think this guy's cute.
    I just saw a vid of him doing a Jamaican accent, it was soooo cute.

• Options

• Options
    I must say that I commented to some friends the other day that Robbie boy was looking a lot less red in the face lately. And then I hear that he has been off the booze for a while. Good for him.

I thought the new video was pretty damn funny!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options