Options

Edit: Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

Comments

• Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Nation Not About To Start Giving A Shit About Canadian Politics

News in Brief • Politics • World • politicians • ISSUE 49•45 • Nov 6, 2013

WASHINGTON—Despite Toronto mayor Rob Ford’s recent controversial admission to having smoked crack cocaine, Americans across the country confirmed Wednesday that, Rob Ford or no Rob Ford, there’s just no way they’re about to start giving a shit about Canadian politics—no way in hell. “Yeah, sorry, not happening,” said 37-year-old Harrisburg, PA resident Daniel Cooke, echoing the thoughts of millions of Americans who told reporters they will continue happily ignoring any and all stories about the Canadian government, the politics of Canada, or scandals involving Canadian politicians. “Frankly, that guy could have been having sex with an underage boy in the middle of a parliament meeting or whatever the hell they have over there and I still wouldn’t give a shit. I don’t know or care to know who he is, where he’s from, or what he did. What I do know is that if you think I’m going to start paying attention to what’s going on with politics in Toronto or Nova Scotia or Ontario City or wherever the fuck then you’re going to be very disappointed.” The U.S. populace went on to confirm that, unless Martin Short were to somehow be elected prime minister, their interest level in Canadian politics would remain at this level indefinitely.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-not-about-to-start-giving-a-shit-about-cana,34471/

Ontario City. That's gold! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Hearing reports that "organized crime" tried to buy the crack video..... That couldn't be good. Was the mob trying to protect their guy from leaving office? Protect themselves from losing the favours he did for them? :think:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Hearing reports that "organized crime" tried to buy the crack video..... That couldn't be good. Was the mob trying to protect their guy from leaving office? Protect themselves from losing the favours he did for them? :think:

not sure crackhead was doing any favours for him ... he actually wanted to spend money to hire more cops but our police chief said we didn't need them ... :fp:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

not sure crackhead was doing any favours for him ... he actually wanted to spend money to hire more cops but our police chief said we didn't need them ... :fp:
    If he was doing favours for them, we wouldn't know anything about it.... But there has to be some reason the mob was interested in buying the video, and there are only so many possibilities there.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    If he was doing favours for them, we wouldn't know anything about it.... But there has to be some reason the mob was interested in buying the video, and there are only so many possibilities there.

the likely explanation would be to blackmail the mayor!
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

the likely explanation would be to blackmail the mayor!
    Yeah, that's certainly possible, although that would be an extremely bold move. Although I find the other possibility every bit as likely, given who we're talking about. Who knows? ... we probably never will.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Rob Ford Crack Pipe Tattoo Will Make You Laugh And Then Cry (PHOTO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/08 ... 39448.html

o-ROB-FORD-TATTOO-900.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rob Ford Crack Pipe Tattoo Will Make You Laugh And Then Cry (PHOTO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/08 ... 39448.html

o-ROB-FORD-TATTOO-900.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    That is actually a pretty good tattoo IMO. I've seen way worse! The hand is a little weird though...
  • Options
    Rob Ford launches legal action over prostitution and crack claims in profane media scrum

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/14 ... dia-scrum/

:lol::lol::lol: you can't write a book this good ... like a daily soap opera, even better ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Rob Ford faces unlikely road to re-election as mayoral rivals Stintz, Chow and Tory all best him in new poll

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/14 ... -new-poll/

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rob Ford launches legal action over prostitution and crack claims in profane media scrum

:lol::lol::lol: you can't write a book this good ... like a daily soap opera, even better ...

He has "more than enough to eat at home". Good to know. Man of the people.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    dignin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

He has "more than enough to eat at home". Good to know. Man of the people.

the line "more than enough to eat at home" means so much more when you look at the quote right about that line.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Oh my god, his wife looks positively MORTIFIED in that photo.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i have never understood why politicians do that to their family. its such a disgrace.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i have never understood why politicians do that to their family. its such a disgrace.
    Just a shameless "See? My wife hasn't left me in disgust - how bad could I possibly be??" move. I'm more surprised that the wives are willing to do it.
  • Options
    :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    I think the time is right for me to release the email I received of Rob's penis with a little shamrock lick n stick tattoo on it from St. Paddy's day. Although it would probably just get dismissed with all the rest of the stories going around. :)

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    In other news, Rob and his brother have been given their own show on Sun TV.

what a joke. i wonder if he is going to have his friends call in again like on his radio show and pretend that they are other people
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Just a shameless "See? My wife hasn't left me in disgust - how bad could I possibly be??" move. I'm more surprised that the wives are willing to do it.
    First thing that came to mind :P

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
    Giving all your love to just one man
    You'll have bad times
    And he'll have good times
    Doin things that you don't understand
    But if you love him
    You'll forgive him
    Even though he's hard to understand
    And if you love him
    Oh, be proud of him
    Cause after all he's just a man
  • Options
    I have to admit that the pussy comment on live radio/t.v., was a class act in itself. After hearing him say he has enough at home with his more than pleased wife standing by his side has to be one of, if not, the best press conference I have seen.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    vote to remove powers on firing and hiring: 39 to 3
    vote to remove power in emergencies: 40-2

vote on monday to essentially make him only mayor by name ... essentially, norm kelly is the mayor of toronto now ... :fp: :fp: :corn: :lol::lol: :twisted: :twisted: :?: :oops: :shock: :cry: :fp: :nono: :lol: :( :o :shock: :? :?
  • Options
    ... but he's still getting paid, thats the sad part of this ordeal now. He knows he has no official power, probably been that way for a while, yet he's getting paid :? :? :?. And in my opinion all the provincial government has to do is introduce right to recall legislation ASAP, get it passed ASAP and let the voters of Toronto recall this guy ... IMO ... I do not understand what is wrong with giving the voters the right to recall rogue politicians?

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    ... but he's still getting paid, thats the sad part of this ordeal now. He knows he has no official power, probably been that way for a while, yet he's getting paid :? :? :?. And in my opinion all the provincial government has to do is introduce right to recall legislation ASAP, get it passed ASAP and let the voters of Toronto recall this guy ... IMO ... I do not understand what is wrong with giving the voters the right to recall rogue politicians?

i'm not sure ... all i see in this whole fiasco is $$$ going down the drain ... like who's gonna foot the bill when ford sues the city!?? ... :fp: ... our fucking transit is super underfunded, community housing is in disrepair, and a plethora of issues the city needs to deal with instead we are dealing with this bozo and more importantly trying to mitigate the disaster idiots caused us ... and yes - like i said to my family who voted for this guy ... they are officially idiots ... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    It's like the province's legislation means to say to the voters, "you made your shitty bed, now sleep in it, you stupid fuckers."
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I wonder if he will summon his inner-Kwame and drop 10 to 15 N-Bombs at the next assembly meeting?
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wx66DU9Img

so Rob ford brother was on CNN today. so fucked up. the reporter asked him if he is concerned about his brother and he says "no, he is doing well, he is sticking to his diet and is working out.

this is just sad.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    fife wrote:

so Rob ford brother was on CNN today. so fucked up. the reporter asked him if he is concerned about his brother and he says "no, he is doing well, he is sticking to his diet and is working out.

this is just sad.
    Stemfast, you will lose everything and more!!!

Crackins diet, when losing a little just isnt enough.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    fife wrote:

this is just sad.

what is sad is that his supporters will actually believe the stats dude is pimping ... :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i'm not sure ... all i see in this whole fiasco is $$$ going down the drain ... like who's gonna foot the bill when ford sues the city!?? ... :fp: ... our fucking transit is super underfunded, community housing is in disrepair, and a plethora of issues the city needs to deal with instead we are dealing with this bozo and more importantly trying to mitigate the disaster idiots caused us ... and yes - like i said to my family who voted for this guy ... they are officially idiots ... :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    It's like the province's legislation means to say to the voters, "you made your shitty bed, now sleep in it, you stupid fuckers."

:lol::lol: