Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• pjalli wrote:
    OK, here I go. This has been bothering me for a while, and it's getting progressively worse...

Let me preface this by saying that I love Pearl Jam, and I have been and always will be a die-hard fan. As the Philly sports fan that I am, I'm going to tell you exactly how I feel, but you should understand that I am writing this because I care a lot about this band.

You really, really need to re-evaluate your social media strategy. Your presence as a band on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is completely inauthentic. If you want to do these posts constantly promoting sales of the album, you should use a record label presence to do that. On your band/artist accounts, you should be speaking authentically from the band, as people. Tell us something that you find interesting, as a band or from individual accounts. Of course you will link to your new videos and the new album, but not non-stop. Let a Monkeywrench presence do all of the constant promoting. All of your "likers/followers" are already buying the record, and it's getting out of hand and lame. This is how you are presenting the band to the world, and for all of these years, I have thought that the band was about a lot more than single and album sales. I work in media and understand the economics of the business; I'm not saying that the band should not be trying to sell albums and make money. I am saying that the constant iTunes links are LAME (not to mention the fact that not everyone in the world is bought into the Apple ecosystem, but that's another topic) and not in line with the use of these social platforms by authentic artists who use these platforms to speak directly to their fans about topics that they are passionate about, and to give insight into their real personalities.

Please, please evaluate this.

I completely agree with this. Like during the PJ20 run up, Mike did the Twitter/Facebook thing occasionally and it was cool (even though it was totally transparent). You need that personal connection in the era of social media, not a marketing robot.
  • pjalli wrote:
    OK, here I go. This has been bothering me for a while, and it's getting progressively worse...

Let me preface this by saying that I love Pearl Jam, and I have been and always will be a die-hard fan. As the Philly sports fan that I am, I'm going to tell you exactly how I feel, but you should understand that I am writing this because I care a lot about this band.

You really, really need to re-evaluate your social media strategy. Your presence as a band on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is completely inauthentic. If you want to do these posts constantly promoting sales of the album, you should use a record label presence to do that. On your band/artist accounts, you should be speaking authentically from the band, as people. Tell us something that you find interesting, as a band or from individual accounts. Of course you will link to your new videos and the new album, but not non-stop. Let a Monkeywrench presence do all of the constant promoting. All of your "likers/followers" are already buying the record, and it's getting out of hand and lame. This is how you are presenting the band to the world, and for all of these years, I have thought that the band was about a lot more than single and album sales. I work in media and understand the economics of the business; I'm not saying that the band should not be trying to sell albums and make money. I am saying that the constant iTunes links are LAME (not to mention the fact that not everyone in the world is bought into the Apple ecosystem, but that's another topic) and not in line with the use of these social platforms by authentic artists who use these platforms to speak directly to their fans about topics that they are passionate about, and to give insight into their real personalities.

Please, please evaluate this.

I completely agree with this. Like during the PJ20 run up, Mike did the Twitter/Facebook thing occasionally and it was cool (even though it was totally transparent). You need that personal connection in the era of social media, not a marketing robot.

I see this point, but this band has never been into connecting with their fans on anything but a personal/performance level. Not everyone is into social media. Billy Corgan is, unfortunately. Courtney Love is, unfrtunately. Pearl Jam are not, unfortunately.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Kathi wrote:
    I've ordered the new NIN record from their official store, which is based in the US - when they sent the vinyl to me, the package was marked as "gift", so I did not have to pay customs fees and taxes in addition to the price. I would really appreciate it if the PJ store had this option for their international customers; I'd rather buy my music, shirts and other stuff directly from the band, but with those fees & taxes on top of it it's way too expensive.

as a legal business entity, it would be illegal for them to do this.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Kathi wrote:
    I've ordered the new NIN record from their official store, which is based in the US - when they sent the vinyl to me, the package was marked as "gift", so I did not have to pay customs fees and taxes in addition to the price. I would really appreciate it if the PJ store had this option for their international customers; I'd rather buy my music, shirts and other stuff directly from the band, but with those fees & taxes on top of it it's way too expensive.

how come NIN.com can do it then? do they have a different status?

it's either that or set up a european store like foo fighters did. long waiting period til I get my stuff + increased international shipping + at least 12€ to pay on top of every order = off to amazon.
  • Kathi wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

how come NIN.com can do it then? do they have a different status?

it's either that or set up a european store like foo fighters did. long waiting period til I get my stuff + increased international shipping + at least 12€ to pay on top of every order = off to amazon.

Yeah we need a UK/Euro store. Even Mudhoney can do that and they are a drop in the ocean compared to Pearl Jam. Custom fees alone in the UK means ordering anything from 10C super expensive.
  • Hi.

Been a TC member for 7 years an a loyal fan for 23 years, very satisfied about all the good vibes and feelings surrounding the Pearl Jam family worldwide.

This is a request post for playing Light Years on Brooklyn 2 2013 (19.10), i really appreciate if it can be dedicated to my 8 years old daughter Ana Lucia, our family been struggling with some strong issues.

Hope this could be real.

Regards,

Eduardo Ramirez
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Hi.

Been a TC member for 7 years an a loyal fan for 23 years, very satisfied about all the good vibes and feelings surrounding the Pearl Jam family worldwide.

This is a request post for playing Light Years on Brooklyn 2 2013 (19.10), i really appreciate if it can be dedicated to my 8 years old daughter Ana Lucia, our family been struggling with some strong issues.

Hope this could be real.

Regards,

Eduardo Ramirez

Best wishes for you and your family

Hope you get your request
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I have a merchandise idea for the band, et al.

I would really enjoy a "Rock Prodigy.com" stlye of program that fans and musicians could purchase so we could enjoy playing (well trying) along with the band. Pearl Jam has been a real inspiration for me and I find myself taking guitar lessons at a music store in my home town and using the "Rock Prodigy" software. I really like the format for simply learning how to play a guitar. I would love to have something like it (RP) that was all about trying to play along with these great musicians in all of their Rock and Roll glory!

If this product already exists please make it available thru the 10c and/or drop me a wire.

If it doesn't please consider my idea and i would be happy to give more details on how much this would mean to me...and I bet alot of others as well. Thanks PJ and 10c.

P.S. I wrote the Band an ode called " can you feel it". Check it out, it down in the poetry forum. Rock On!
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    surprise everyone who pre purchased LB with a free pack of Wrigley Baseball Cards :)
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    surprise everyone who pre purchased LB with a free pack of Wrigley Baseball Cards :)

This or signed albums by the band for those 10C'ers that preordered. :D

Wind this thing up.

• papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Sirens...I can't believe how amazing this song is. Thank you, Mike, Ed, Stone, Jeff, Matt, and Boom.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Sirens...I can't believe how amazing this song is. Thank you, Mike, Ed, Stone, Jeff, Matt, and Boom.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

drool.gif
    oysterjar wrote:
    This or signed albums by the band for those 10C'ers that preordered. :D

drool.gif
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    There are music fans that are not iTunes users. We all have our reasons for using them or not using them and that is not the purpose of this post. I appreciate the early stream of the album, but why just iTunes? Why not stream the album on this website in a members only section? Give us non-iTunes members an early chance to listen to the album as well. I understand the marketing behind the stream on iTunes to drum up sales, but why not market the new album on a non-restrictive music provider? <steps down from soap box>
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    There are music fans that are not iTunes users. We all have our reasons for using them or not using them and that is not the purpose of this post. I appreciate the early stream of the album, but why just iTunes? Why not stream the album on this website in a members only section? Give us non-iTunes members an early chance to listen to the album as well. I understand the marketing behind the stream on iTunes to drum up sales, but why not market the new album on a non-restrictive music provider? <steps down from soap box>
    This.
  • moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    [/quote]Yeah we need a UK/Euro store. Even Mudhoney can do that and they are a drop in the ocean compared to Pearl Jam. Custom fees alone in the UK means ordering anything from 10C super expensive.[/quote]

It's the total opposite for Australian fans - 10C Shop is one of the few places on the web where we can purchase at the same price as everywhere else in the world. We pay much more for music and movie downloads etc. and are blocked from purchasing from the US/European versions of many sites. I heart 10C Shop :D
  • have been a fan since 91, i have all their studio records and many live concerts, all their dvd's etc etc...i have seen the band i think on about 25-26 occasions... but i have to say i am so disappointed in the new album, so very disappointed...i never thought i would say this....but is it time to retire the band???? Just putting it out there....sure they could just tour and make millions of dollars from that....i just hope they don't make another record like lightning bolt....its just sad to see a great band, my fav band...just slowly sinking, drowning, not waving...so sad.
    :shh:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    :shh:
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RenaeRenae Perth, WA Posts: 38
    Lets turn this around for a second, How can I help you? You know, I'm at a stage in my life where, there's gotta be more. I'm not young, I'm not old, shits standing still and the only thing that's been there through it all is PJ. So I'm here, I can be there! But if you ever need more hands I have 2 extremely capable and loyal ones. Anytime, anyday, anywhere.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Renae wrote:
    Lets turn this around for a second, How can I help you? You know, I'm at a stage in my life where, there's gotta be more. I'm not young, I'm not old, shits standing still and the only thing that's been there through it all is PJ. So I'm here, I can be there! But if you ever need more hands I have 2 extremely capable and loyal ones. Anytime, anyday, anywhere.

:thumbup:

me too!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Thanks for listening 10c!!! Ladies xxl Halloween shirt! Now we just need the dimensions!
  • looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    Thank you for the Lightning Bolt Radio show today. Fantastic!!

Random thought/suggestion after perusing the forums today:

Do we need a new sticky for "PLEASE PLAY _____ AT _____!!! posts?

The entire fan club was incredibly moved when Come Back was played for Adam/Hoosiers. His plea had been so touching and heartfelt, and the fact that it was seen and then answered was unbelievable.

Now, of course, the request threads are daily. I feel for all of the people who have lost loved ones and I actually hope all of their requests can be met :) Unfortunately, there are some less than sincere fans on this board [what?!?!] and undoubtedly some of these threads can turn ugly, ugly, ugly, even if that was not intended. So I'm suggesting a simple solution- make a sticky in which anyone can post to their hearts desire band requests. When band members/management are feeling the want to connect with fans, they can just pop in one little ole thread.

Just a thought. Time to go listen to Infallible yet again. Thank you to the entire Pearl Jam Family!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Rock ON !
    Brooklyn Will Rock...
    Lost my Buzz @ Wrigley .... Rain on me.
    long time , 4Ever PJ ...
    A Long Time Fan...TEN & Beyond.......
    meny east coast showes Providence RI,Boston MA, Mansfield MA, Agusta Maine, NYC , Conn .... As meny times as I can... Want to go PJ-ING in Italy
    and will get there. Just maybeeee 2009 GO America, I am a patriot. WB
  • I've been a 10C member since 92-93 I believe. Anyway, I really wish I could just purchase 1 ticket instead of being forced to buy 2 and then going through the hassle of selling the other ticket. All in all, I have no complaints and enjoy the unity of fan club members at the shows.

Another idea which might help unify is having a post party before the event or at the venue. Each venue has a member's club I believe which can be reserved for post events. Compare it to the airports where if you are a member of a particular airline they have a lounge which you can go to before your flights.
    Getwaway?
    :fp:
  • 10C needs to provide more variety in female merchandise at concerts!!! Every concert I go to they only have two types of female shirts. :cry: While for men they have plenty of different shirts/seat shirts etc...
    Can we have female sweat shirts, female size hats?
    Men are not the only fans for Pearl Jam. :nono:
  • Dear 10c,
    Why haven't I gotten my copy of Lighting Bolt yet? Im sure there is some GREAT explanation for this. What is the purpose of pre ordering the new album if we cant even get it the day it comes out? I just don't understand how this happens. You did the same thing with Ukele Songs. I got that a week after it came out. I try to look past all the bad things people say about you guys BUT this just sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here it is Thursday. Lighting Bolt has been out 2 days and have not had the pleasure of listening to it because YOU have not sent my pre ordered copy yet.

Thank you
    jeremy bruner
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    gutted that we have to buy volcum LB t shirts of ebay ...why cant they be in the shop so we can ALL buy them :fp:
  • How about an update on the vinyl? Are they all faulty? Why are they gone in the Shop?