2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    #moremerch
    #lesstalk
    #haha
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

Just create a new forum for merch.....
    we cant talk about pj music anymore here..

the porch is for all things pearl jam. words and music is the place to go to talk about things "music only" related.

I want to talk about pj music
    merch is the only thing porch is about and im not the only one sees and says it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,913
    So what you're saying is Kat, Sea & Santos L. Halper are doing their job wrong? That all this time moderating this Pearl Jam message board, all their threads they have started in the Porch since oh, before you ever came along in '08, have all been a mistake? That they shouldn't post new Pearl Jam merch in the Porch? That Santos should stop what he's doing and listen to you cause your 126 thousand posts can't take reading another new Pearl Jam merch thread in the Porch? You gotta be kidding me.

You wanna talk about new PJ music? It is talked about here, on the Porch. Also check out the Words and Music...Communication section over @ http://community.pearljam.com/categories/words-and-music-communication. What do the songs mean to you? Pearl Jam's lyrics and interpretations here.

I can't wait for more NEW Pearl Jam merch talk here @ the Porch. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :)

• Options
    I like and i believe pj music is more important than any merch..and my opinion is they should open a forum only for merch
    who im .where i come from ..how many post i have .when i start posting what i ate yesterday .and where i will go tomorrow has nothing to do whit what im saying and are irrelavent

this thread is about fans saying their opinion
    i believe merch must have their own forum and this here at porch stays for pj music.pj news.pj shows..and thats why the important about pj threads are announcements and stays on top and ofcource never a.thread about merch is there..

if 10c thinks i should not have an opinion cos i start posting here at 2008 and not before then could let me know that my opinion is not welcome and this thread doesnt mean anything

Thanks in advance 10c for listening a new fan from a far away from home country which english is not his native language
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So when Pearl Jam releases NEW PJ MUSIC on CD, Vinyl, MP3 etc.. that kind of news posted by Kat, Sea, Rubysdad or Santos should NOT be posted on the Porch? This is what you are saying, correct?

- A new Ed, Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt or Boom solo record release (CD, Vinyl, iTunes, Flac) should not be posted on the Porch.
    - A poster signed by the whole band where 100% of profits go to the Vitalogy Foundation should not be posted on the Porch.
    - A charity Pearl Jam is doing for EB Research & CCFA where merchandise is auctioned off should not be posted on the Porch.
    - New compilation releases by the members of Pearl Jam released on physical & digital media should not be posted on the Porch.
    - New magazine covers, new show posters, new Pearl Jam MUSIC .. should not be posted on the Porch.
    - Santos L. Halper should stop posting new 10club shop links, period, on the Porch.

Good luck stopping all that here, on the Porch. :)
  • Options
    I said what i had to say..
    "i believe merch must have their own forum and this here at porch stays for pj music.pj news.pj shows'
    i dont need anyoone to twist or Interpret my words..
  • Options

hurtin' for a new EV release!!! Out of the Furnace!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEESE

Wish they put this on the CD soundtrack. Or yet, release it as a single / promo .. something! It is totally a masterpiece.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

"i believe merch must have their own forum and this here at porch stays for pj music.pj news.pj shows'

everyone is entitled to their opinion, Dimitri. it's just that you have been complaining about this for a while in a variety of threads, sometimes even in a condescending manner towards people who like talking about pearl jam products. I get it.......I'm not a merch guy........but people get excited about the band for different reasons and in different ways......like I said, the words and music forum is where to specifically talk about music only. But I understand that's not where most of the folks on here hang out. but don't you think it's kind of silly to only want what you want on the porch? the porch is for everyone, for all topics regarding the band, their merch included.

there IS a forum to talk about the music only. words and music. and given to fly for the show threads. what you want is already there.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Greek throwdown righ here. It's like twi titans going at it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Just create a new forum for merch.....
    we cant talk about pj music anymore here..

the porch is for all things pearl jam. words and music is the place to go to talk about things "music only" related.

I want to talk about pj music
    merch is the only thing porch is about and im not the only one sees and says it
    I actually just checked, Dimitri, and there are only two merch threads on the front page right now. Leezee's Benny thread, and a "release vault 1 and 2 on vinyl" thread. everything else has nothing to do with merch.

it did get a bit crazy there during the mystery vinyl sale and tracking and all that, but that was fun for a lot of people. that stuff always dies down anyway.

just my $0.02.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

everyone is entitled to their opinion, Dimitri. it's just that you have been complaining about this for a while in a variety of threads, sometimes even in a condescending manner towards people who like talking about pearl jam products. I get it.......I'm not a merch guy........but people get excited about the band for different reasons and in different ways......like I said, the words and music forum is where to specifically talk about music only. But I understand that's not where most of the folks on here hang out. but don't you think it's kind of silly to only want what you want on the porch? the porch is for everyone, for all topics regarding the band, their merch included.

there IS a forum to talk about the music only. words and music. and given to fly for the show threads. what you want is already there.

Well.I buy alot of merch..and posters and vinyl and shirts and things i like pj shop selling
    my opinion is merch have their own forum especially from the moment so many people intrested about them.and this forum stays for the pj music.news.interviews.tour shows and etc..pj setlist are at given to fly..pj market at lost dogs..pj lyrics at words and music..why not a pj shop-merch forum....thats my opinion
    others have different opinion..all ok..from the moment 10c open this thread asked our opinion i have the right to post it.
    i dont have yo agree with other opinions or other people with mine.thats all
  • Options
    Is that thunder rumbling out there in the interwebs? Nope, just a clash of the board titans.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Is that thunder rumbling out there in the interwebs? Nope, just a clash of the board titans.

someone sure likes to stir the pot these days, don't they? :lol:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    You still don't understand.

new pj music ... includes new pj merch
    new pj news .. includes new pj merch
    new pj shows .. includes new pj merch

All what you want. pj music. pj news. pj shows .. will forever include pj merch. Those will ALWAYS be included and will ALWAYS be here .. on the Porch.

And by God if 10club listens to the likes of you so that Pearl Jam fan's from around the world can't post any more new Pearl Jam merchandise on the Porch & are thrown away to another section of the 10club board like garbage because of you .. "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my Pearl Jam merch brothers. And you will know my name is the D when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
  • Options
    demetrios said:

All what you want. pj music. pj news. pj shows .. will forever include pj merch. Those will ALWAYS be included and will ALWAYS be here .. on the Porch.

And by God if 10club listens to the likes of you so that Pearl Jam fan's from around the world can't post any more new Pearl Jam merchandise on the Porch & are thrown away to another section of the 10club board like garbage because of you .. "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my Pearl Jam merch brothers. And you will know my name is the D when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

everyone is entitled to their opinion, dude.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2015

demetrios said:

everyone is entitled to their opinion, dude.

Sure, but getting sick of all his posts here in various threads pleading for 10club to stop the PJ merch talk on the Porch. And the dude continues to post .. in PJ merch threads on the Porch. lol . Too bad he doesn't get to see all my PJ merch talk over @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/10cmembers/ . :)
  • Options
    Thanks to 10c that still continues to respect all members the same no matters where they coming from,no matter the color on their skin,no matter whats their opinion on topics,no matter when become members,no matter when start posting in the social media,no matter which letter their name starts ..thanks 10c.. u know how to treat with respect to your members.
  • Options

someone sure likes to stir the pot these days, don't they? :lol:

Yeah, I should probably chill that out some. Just some though. Haha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    There don't actually seem to be that many merch threads on the front page of the Porch. A few, but most of it is indeed about PJ's music. When new merch comes out there is an influx, because that reflects what the members are dealing with at the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    edited May 2015
    Can we get a new forum where D and Dimi debate PJ topics?

Edit: maybe a weekly 30 minute show on Sirius. They can go back and forth on topics
    Post edited by Empty Glass on
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    edited May 2015
    For the 2 Ds with a dose of humour (though that was a black page in the history of our country):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijy4HpMnXRs

:smile:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    something I've always found odd about the annual newsletter/magazine.....band members interviewing people from other bands. shouldn't it be the other way around? it is a Pearl Jam magazine after all, not a "bands that pearl jam likes" magazine. it should be other bands interviewing pearl jam.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

something I've always found odd about the annual newsletter/magazine.....band members interviewing people from other bands. shouldn't it be the other way around? it is a Pearl Jam magazine after all, not a "bands that pearl jam likes" magazine. it should be other bands interviewing pearl jam.

Great suggestion!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676
    Please dont play leash or light years on SA Tour.

Im not be there
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Please dont play leash or light years on SA Tour.

Im not be there

They are going to play it just to spite you :confounded:
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Thanks for the rant(s), guys. Now, I remember why I don't come visit here much anymore.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Thanks for the rant(s), guys. Now, I remember why I don't come visit here much anymore.

Who's ranting?

"Let your voice be heard" - and so it's happening.
  • Options
    ambrasjesambrasjes Posts: 124
    Dear 10C,
    dates are important!
    Problem is we don't all use MM/DD/YYYY, some of us use DD/MM/YYYY...
    So to avoid future drama, please write dates in full.

VAULT 5 example:
    "10C MEMBERS MAY PREORDER THE VINYL VERSION UNTIL 9/10/2015."

Is that september or rocktober?

Thanks
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    edited June 2015
    ambrasjes said:

Dear 10C,
    dates are important!
    Problem is we don't all use MM/DD/YYYY, some of us use DD/MM/YYYY...
    So to avoid future drama, please write dates in full.

VAULT 5 example:
    "10C MEMBERS MAY PREORDER THE VINYL VERSION UNTIL 9/10/2015."

Is that september or rocktober?

Thanks

10C MEMBERS MAY PREORDER THE VINYL VERSION UNTIL SEPTEMBER 9, 2015. TC always uses the American way (MM/DD/YYYY). I prefer using the EU/UK way (DD/MM/YYYY) when I write down dates, but the American way for spoken word. :smile:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited June 2015
    Dear 10c.
    Since the adress for the Official Instagram page have changed from https://instagram.com/pearljamofficial/ to https://instagram.com/PearlJam, it would be a good idea to change the link in the Topbar.

Edit : Fixed! That was fast. Good work. :clap:
    Post edited by Longueuil on