Options

"Sirens" Single + Video

Comments

• Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    went in a different direction but i love it. im not trying to be a Pearl Jam homer, i really think this is a great song that will definitely get a ton of radio play. i think this has the potential to be as big of a song to the public as the earlier songs were, very happy with Sirens.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    I like Brussels sprouts, broccoli and spinach but a lot of folks don't.

Everybody has their own opinions. No need to hate on someone that happens to not like something. To each his own.

No need to make harsh comments against anyone just because someone doesn't like the damn song.

I don't fucking like the damn song and that's that. I tried I really did, I listened to it 7 times already and have made up my mind. I hate it. Not a Nickleback / Creed sort of hate, but a stern dislike :D I do like MYM

Now for everyone that LOVES IT go crank it up and enjoy it u lucky fuckers!!!

Everything you said there is fine, no one should get upset with you for that. It's the people that come and just say rude nasty things about the song and state them as facts rather than opinions.
  • Options
    I just listened to this a couple of times. I think my favorite band ever has finally lost it. Such a generic and boring song.

This band keeps getting worse. Backspacer was pretty bad and this seems destined to suck even more. Compare Sirens with Parachutes for instance, that was a pretty inventive and lovely song. eh, I am sad/mad.

imo and all that.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Song is amazing. Best single from them since given to fly IMO
  • Options
    Love the tune

I understand why some people may not like it, but hey Pearl Jam are making the music they want to make, not people who want another Ten

I for one was kind of iffy but by the 4th listen I was totally into it and ever since I like it more and more with each listen
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I love it. And I really don't care what anybody thinks about it. I love it and that is all that matters to me.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Hopefully it will grow after another couple of listens; not real psyched about the album after hearing the songs so far.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    I love it. And I really don't care what anybody thinks about it. I love it and that is all that matters to me.
    My thoughts exactly ;)
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,462
    daisky wrote:
    I just listened to this a couple of times. I think my favorite band ever has finally lost it. Such a generic and boring song.

This band keeps getting worse. Backspacer was pretty bad and this seems destined to suck even more. Compare Sirens with Parachutes for instance, that was a pretty inventive and lovely song. eh, I am sad/mad.

imo and all that.

I'll take Sirens over Parachutes and Just Breathe all day long. Parachutes just drones on, at least Sirens has a bad ass Mike solo.
  • Options
    :idea:
    Sea wrote:
    http://pearljam.com/news/0/1/21962/sirens_single_+_video
    "Sirens" Single + Video
    September 18 2013

Pearl Jam Release "Sirens" from Forthcoming Album Lightning Bolt + Accompanying Music Video Directed by Danny Clinch

Watch the "Sirens" video below or on Pearl Jam's YouTube Channel. http://bitly.com/PJSirens

"Sirens", the second track from Pearl Jam's forthcoming tenth studio album, Lightning Bolt, is released today.

Lightning Bolt is out October 15 in the US on Monkeywrench/Republic Records and is available for pre-order now at pearljam.com and on iTunes.

***If you pre-ordered "Lightning Bolt" at pearljam.com, go to MY ACCOUNT>ORDER HISTORY>VIEW your Lightning Bolt order and click Mind Your Manners-Sirens in your desired format.

Those pre-ordering "Lightning Bolt" will receive digital versions of "Sirens" and "Mind Your Manners" instantly.

2 singles AND 2 videos! Keep em coming. What a great surprise in these days when it seems so much is just expected.
    Love this band!!!!

#PearlJam2013
  • Options
    PJPghStlrfanPJPghStlrfan Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    Not leaving, but Sirens is def the worst PJ song ever,EVACUATION is better...
    Post edited by PJPghStlrfan on
  • Options
    GOODBYE EVERYBODY!! I HEAR ED AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE ARE GOING TO SING THIS GOD AWFUL SONG AT THE IHEARTRADIO Shows here in Vegas this weekend. First we get an album like backspacer and then MORE ED SOLO SONGS PASSING AS PJ SONGS! IF I WANTED TOP 40 RADIO CRAP,I COULD LISTEN TO THAT GARBAGE EACH DAY!! VERY DISSAPPOINTED, AS I HAVE LOVED PJ AND A LITTLE BIT OF ED's SOLO STUFF,i.e. into the Wild, BUT 2 OUT OF 3 SLOW GARBAGE LOVE SONGS with a new album and I am DONE!!!! GOOD BYE PJ NATION!!! HAVE FUN HEARING ED AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE SINGING MUSHY LOVE SONGS ON A TOP 40 STATION NEAR YOU!!!!!

LONG TIME FAN SINCE 1992 AND 10 CLUB MEMBER LEAVING HERE!!!

Just curious, are you bailing on the Steelers too, cause they are shitting the bed as well?
  • Options
    TJ25487 wrote:
    GOODBYE EVERYBODY!! I HEAR ED AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE ARE GOING TO SING THIS GOD AWFUL SONG AT THE IHEARTRADIO Shows here in Vegas this weekend. First we get an album like backspacer and then MORE ED SOLO SONGS PASSING AS PJ SONGS! IF I WANTED TOP 40 RADIO CRAP,I COULD LISTEN TO THAT GARBAGE EACH DAY!! VERY DISSAPPOINTED, AS I HAVE LOVED PJ AND A LITTLE BIT OF ED's SOLO STUFF,i.e. into the Wild, BUT 2 OUT OF 3 SLOW GARBAGE LOVE SONGS with a new album and I am DONE!!!! GOOD BYE PJ NATION!!! HAVE FUN HEARING ED AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE SINGING MUSHY LOVE SONGS ON A TOP 40 STATION NEAR YOU!!!!!

Just curious, are you bailing on the Steelers too, cause they are shitting the bed as well?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I don't think we've seen reviews this diverse in a long time. Everything from best single since GTF to sounds like Ed singing with JT.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

YES.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    Just curious, are you bailing on the Steelers too, cause they are shitting the bed as well?[/quote]

Lol!!!!
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    I don't think we've seen reviews this diverse in a long time. Everything from best single since GTF to sounds like Ed singing with JT.

I know what to do. Lets go over to the You Tube reviews to break the tie ???
  • Options
    TJ25487 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Great idea! People always agree there!
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    TJ25487 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Great idea! People always agree there!

It is done. The song has over 200k views and lots of reviews and 95% of them are positive.
    Case closed, its a good song.
  • Options
    daisky wrote:

imo and all that.

Yep...
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Greeting from Jakarta, Indonesia
    I looovveee this song! But, just like in this forum, the mailing list and facebook group of Pearl Jam Indonesia fans club are also full with disagreement. Some love Sirens, some others don't (or even hate it) :D
    Hopefully they will play this song when they visit Jakarta next year (day dreaming, I Know)
    Dear Pearl Jam, please come & play Jakarta, Indonesia
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    I can see why "Sirens" would appeal to a lot of fans. I really can see that and I'm glad a lot of fans out there are touched and stoked by this song. For me, after hearing the song I yearn to listen to Yield of No Code or some Mirror Ball.

So yeah, it doesn't work for me- a little to mainstream sounding- but that's just me and I'm cool and those of you who love "Sirens" are cool so cool. :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    OK, so after further listening I must add that besides being glad for those who love the song, I also very much empathize with those who are turned off by and/or disappointed. Many of the negative reviews here strike a chord in me that I understand- a chord with some dirt and a bit of feedback and one that is perhaps even just a little out of tune. A chord that sounds real and alive rather than polished to a fine sheen.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717

Wow ... With an attitude like that I'm not too sure they will care to greatly
  • Options
    All the talk about those of us who may not like the song because we're stuck in the past....Is this sound / arrangement not considered the past?

As in before PJ, like an early eighties ballad?

I guess I'm stuck on advancing into the future and this just goes way too far back for me.

Am I crazy or have they re-invented the wheel here? Is this a revolutionary, game changing, mind blowing track?

All I'm getting is a Lifetime movie soundtrack vibe off it.

This sort of thing is why they make Hallmark cards. I don't like my Pearl Jam goin all lovey dovey on me.
    Is there a Yoko ono thing goin on with one of the guys I don't know about? :lol:
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    The band and its commercial department have clearly changed the marketing strategy since before the release of self titled. LB seems to be the climax of a series of transformations both musically and attitudinal.(I thought that point was the Oracle show yet they are unstoppable)
    Also it's unavoidable for a band not to be predictable and tired after 23 years. In my opinion, Pearl Jam so far have six great albums, one very impressive debut, one average and one below average. These are fine statistics.
    Sirens couldn't be more accurate about the band's intentions. I don't like it at all, but I like nothing since 2006 except Parachutes, Unemployable and Army Reserve, so it's OK by me.
    I'm happy for those who will enjoy LB.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Hey, where's the Sirens download if you've pre-ordered the album? It's not in my order history where MYM is.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Flagg wrote:

YES.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TJ25487 wrote:
    daisky wrote:

imo and all that.

I'll take Sirens over Parachutes and Just Breathe all day long. Parachutes just drones on, at least Sirens has a bad ass Mike solo.
    this
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    you know what..
    i usually get pissed with negative comments..

but this time im actually happy see them..and the reason is that most people saying they dont like the song cos
    pj change to something different.....

well..i love it..cos i want a fuckin 50 years old man to act like one and not act like how was as teenager..

i did all that crazy shit when i was 20 years old, i was pissed with all and everything,i cared only to get laid and get drunk..no care about feelings,or any important things..

after 22 years i want the band to put out their experience in life,by puting that in music and lyrics
    , and not try to pass me the image of the oldie stay forever fake aqngry teenager..
    and talk to me about important things,

and fuckin Love is one of them...

Love has alot of diffirent sounds and different colors..

sometimes Love talks you via colors..and can be fuckin Black...

sometimes transformed to sound ...and in your head,,you listen to Sirens

Thank You Mike and Pearl Jam for this song..

im very happy that your music and lyrics after all this years still create feelings to me.....

and im more happy cos this Brilliant song talk to my fuckin soul.....

even if you choose to stay, I'll wait, I'll understand...

However ....its not easy the Fear to Go Away..