Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    choop wrote:
    the novelties shop just went live. kinda meh.

cannot open it. do I have to be the platinum member? c'mon tell us what's inside?
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    RW8297 wrote:
    choop wrote:
    the novelties shop just went live. kinda meh.

cannot open it. do I have to be the platinum member? c'mon tell us what's inside?

stickers, shirts, just all merch, no records. some of the novelties from Coachella like the viewfinder, etc.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • RobbyD462 wrote:
    Just received my Vault#16 today!
    Upon further inspection they gave me two white records and both are the same! :(

Did this happen to anyone else?
    I contacted them but this sucks what a pain in the ass. :fp:
    It wouldn't be as bad if I lived in the US but Canada takes forever.

I got an error as well but different. I got the 2 lp's, 1 red and 1 white but side one is the same on both lp's? So I am missing side 3. It goes. Red LP side 1, side 2 White LP side 1, side 4. The labels are as they should be, it just seems side one got pressed again where side 3 should be and I have no songs from side 3 anywhere on the album.

Anyone else find this problem?
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... sters.html

Not sure what you'd do with all these posters.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    JK_Livin wrote:

It ends up being about $42 a print. Obviously, some are more high demand than others but if there is a group of people here who want to split up a subscription, I'd be interested in buying a few.

We'd do it fairly some one person wouldn't get all the good ones and everyone else gets the leftovers. Maybe like a school yard pick-em or something.

Just a thought.
  • We are now taking pre-orders for the 180 gram, double-disc The White Stripes ELEPHANT reissue. Here's the scoop:

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/elephant-reissues
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    We are now taking pre-orders for the 180 gram, double-disc The White Stripes ELEPHANT reissue. Here's the scoop:

black wax, how crazy is the price on the bay for the split-coloured vinyl?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

edited September 2013
    Hey,

I'm Selling a bunch of my Vault packages. If anyone is interested in any particular Vault listed here, PM me and we can talk price. All packages are complete. I will not split them up. All opened all are unplayed but the singles comps. Thanks.

Vault #3 - Singles Compilation #1, The Dead Weather (No Horse 7"), TMR Postcards
    GONE.

Vault #6 - The Greenhorns Boscobel Blues, The White Stripes (Hello Operator 7"), The White Stripes Vault T-Shirt (green monster/ 3/4 sleeve shirt)
    GONE.

Vault #7 - Singles Compilation #2, The White Stripes (Party Of… 7"), The 5, 6, 7, 8's (Great Balls Of Fie 7")
    GONE.

Vault #9 - Wanda Jackson Live At TMR, 2 Star Tabernacle (The Big 3… 7"), Wanda Jackson Live At TMR DVD GONE.

Vault #11 - Singles Compilation #3, The White Stripes (Dead Leaves 7"), TMR Colour Changing T-Shirt.

Vault Package #12 - Karen Elson Live At TMR, The Raconteurs (Open Your Eyes 7"), The White Stripes Under New Zealand Lights DVD

NEW DEAL: Vault Package #12 (Karen, Racs, WS DVD) Plus Karen Elson peach sented "Ghost Who Walks..." LP for $175 + Shipping
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ PM coming...
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    The Dough Rollers Tri-Color is up for sale on the Vault Novelties Store...HURRY!
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Whew good call. +1
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    new stuff on the novelties store:

BLIND WILLIE MCTELL
    The Complete Recorded Works in Chronological Order Volume 3 - RED VINYL

CHARLEY PATTON
    The Complete Recorded Works in Chronological Order Volume 3 - YELLOW VINYL

THE MISSISSIPPI SHEIKS
    The Complete Recorded Works in Chronological Order Volume 3 - ORANGE VINYL

all are $40.00

black vinyl copies of all 3 will be sold later today in the regular store.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
    I passed on this. I can't justify spending the $120 + shipping on 3 colored vinyls of this stuff. Just too much.
    looks like per the social media sites, dead weather is currently recording. i was hoping for another solo record or raconteurs album before dead weather, but whatever i'll take it. probably indicates thats the band we'll be getting something from for the next vault release.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    choop wrote:
    looks like per the social media sites, dead weather is currently recording. i was hoping for another solo record or raconteurs album before dead weather, but whatever i'll take it. probably indicates thats the band we'll be getting something from for the next vault release.

That sucks. I'd much rather have just about anything else from JW....Raconteurs, solo, or the vinyl remasters of GBMS and Icky Thump.
    Dead Weather is very polarizing. People are either ecstatic or bummed. Personally, I'm in the same boat as you guys. I'd much rather have new Racs or solo stuff. The thing I hate most about this is not that there's going to be a new DW album but the album/touring/singles/vinyl surrounding it will consume him for at least a year.
  • choop wrote:
    This is fantastic news.
    Bummer. My least favorite JW stuff.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '18- Fenway
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    choop wrote:

I dig it... saw them in Baltimore and it was a great show.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Love DW. Never got into Raconteurs. Didn't like JW's solo album. So to me this is good news.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    4 gone, 2 left...

Hey,

I'm Selling a bunch of my Vault packages. If anyone is interested in any particular Vault listed here, PM me and we can talk price. All packages are complete. I will not split them up. All opened all are unplayed but the singles comps. Thanks.

Vault #11 - Singles Compilation #3, The White Stripes (Dead Leaves 7"), TMR Colour Changing T-Shirt.

Vault Package #12 - Karen Elson Live At TMR, The Raconteurs (Open Your Eyes 7"), The White Stripes Under New Zealand Lights DVD

NEW DEAL: Vault Package #12 (Karen, Racs, WS DVD) Plus Karen Elson peach sented "Ghost Who Walks..." LP for $175 + Shipping
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    We are now taking pre-orders for the 180 gram, double-disc The White Stripes ELEPHANT reissue. Here's the scoop:

I am going to order this one today.

I would love to eventually pick up The White Stripes stuff that was Vault exclusive (ie Icky Thump mono, Live in Mississippi, and Light B-Sides) but some of the prices I'm seeing are ridiculous.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Rolling Record Store is hitting a few places in the first two weeks of October. One of the stops happens to fall on the 11th in Pittsburgh...

Personally, I've never seen the RRS before and this could very well be my only chance to do so...Thought maybe some others here might be interested to know that, too.
    I'm selling a Vault #14 still sealed in the mailer if anyone is interested. It's the Jack White 2LP live at Third Man Records - Blunderbuss Album Premiere. It also comes with the really nice 7" on "blunderblue" color vinyl of a few demo songs form Blunderbuss and the third item is the Dead Weather tour book "Shark Infested Soda Fountain." I'm asking $100 plus shipping. PM if interested. If you're hitting Pittsburgh, Buffalo or either of the Worcester shows, I can deliver in person and eliminate shipping.

-DMW
    Rolling Record Store is hitting a few places in the first two weeks of October. One of the stops happens to fall on the 11th in Pittsburgh...

Personally, I've never seen the RRS before and this could very well be my only chance to do so...Thought maybe some others here might be interested to know that, too.

It's coming to Philly that Wednesday so I will try and hit both. It's pretty cool but there were about 50 people ahead of me in line last time it came by. I got there an hour before it opened and it was like a Tuesday at noon...pretty crazy. They usually tweet the day before the exclusive stuff they will have. They had the Public Nusance Triple Deckers and Rome special edition when I was there. Tons and tons of singles and cool stuff though. I got an adapter and slip mat that wasn't in the store. Definitely check it out man.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • acpaxton01acpaxton01 Oklahoma Posts: 172
    Vault 18 is up. I sat out the last one, but I'm definitely in on this!

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/vault-platinum-package-18
    October 17, 2000 Dallas, TX
    April 3, 2003 Oklahoma City, OK
    September 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
    November 15, 2013 Dallas, TX
    November 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK
    October 8, 2014 Tulsa, OK
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
    August 13, 2018 Missoula, MT
    acpaxton01 wrote:
    I sat out the last one, but I'm definitely in on this!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    acpaxton01 wrote:

I fucking drooled when I saw this. I'm back in
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    acpaxton01 wrote:

That there is some sexy vinyl..back in
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    That is some good stuff
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...