Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Great album. Still think Blunderbuss is better but who knows after a few more listens. It's crazy how he just cranks out Grade A material. Excerpt for the DW... I like it but could take it or leave it.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    At first listen, I like Blunderbuss more but I still think Jack White is an exceptionally talented musician. He's certainly got a lot of creative energy and his career is thriving at this point!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Really, still no Philly show! WTF?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,773
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

I got a pair for the Deer Lake show!!! :)

:D I'll be there! Couldn't really afford a pair, lol, so I'll be in the pit alone. :P
    Really looking forward to this!
    I'll see you in the pit! <:-P
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    kasedoug said:
    "The download isn't available anymore"

Does anyone have either the audio or video?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    JK_Livin said:

he is never going to play philly again. it's been, what over 10 years now? when i was living in philly i had to go to NYC for most of his shows since maybe get behind me satan? whatever show people gave him shit at.

glad he's played 10 minutes from me the last few tours.

"If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,893
    LukinFan said:

"The download isn't available anymore"

Does anyone have either the audio or video?

Yes, I have both downloaded.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Woot woot!!! Not sure if anybody still says that, but got my Jacky White tix in the mail today. 3 weeks from Sunday...can't wait
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Question: Just got the ultra LP, Lazaretto. Anyone here tried playing the center label tracks? I put the needle on my new turntable on one of those tracks and was horrified by the scratchy sound and hope like heck I haven't damaged my brand new stylus. Cool record otherwise.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    Doing it once didn't really damage the stylus. Don't don't it again though. Just you tube the tracks. They aren't really that great anyway.
  • Options
    choop said:

JK_Livin said:

he is never going to play philly again. it's been, what over 10 years now? when i was living in philly i had to go to NYC for most of his shows since maybe get behind me satan? whatever show people gave him shit at.

Do you know why that is, other than a show people gave him shit at? Also, he walked off the stage in NY a while back but has been back there.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890

Doing it once didn't really damage the stylus. Don't don't it again though. Just you tube the tracks. They aren't really that great anyway.

Thats what I did too. Cool concept, but not worth potentially messing up the stylus.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Add a 3rd show for me in Portland.
    #FHP
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i got portland tickets today as well during the presale, can't wait.
    JK_Livin said:

choop said:

JK_Livin said:

Do you know why that is, other than a show people gave him shit at? Also, he walked off the stage in NY a while back but has been back there.
    the NYC thing was at the show. i don't know the full details, but i believe people gave him and meg shit outside of the show on the street or something.

"If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759

Good to know- thanks!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    edited July 2014
    My regular copy of Lazaretto left Nashville supposedly on June 10th. Then seems to have disappeared. No movement since then on the tracking info. :( Then I received the shipping notification for that again recently. Same exact order number. No new info in my TMR account. :-/ Emailed them about that but no reply.

I also haven't received Vault 20 yet. I am supposed to be the last to get it because of my name and location, but I just got charged for the Vault 21 subscription today and still haven't seen Vault 20 (and no shipping notification for that). That's not too cool. :(

Meanwhile, because I want to hear it on my stereo and on vinyl first, I still haven't even heard Lazaretto. Just two singles. This blows. I also thought NY's letters from home sucked, but at least i received it. So far, not too impressed with TMR and the purchases I've made with them. :-<
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

My regular copy of Lazaretto left Nashville supposedly on June 10th. Then seems to have disappeared. No movement since then on the tracking info. :( Then I received the shipping notification for that again recently. Same exact order number. No new info in my TMR account. :-/ Emailed them about that but no reply.

I also haven't received Vault 20 yet. I am supposed to be the last to get it because of my name and location, but I just got charged for the Vault 21 subscription today and still haven't seen Vault 20 (and no shipping notification for that). That's not too cool. :(

Meanwhile, because I want to hear it on my stereo and on vinyl first, I still haven't even heard Lazaretto. Just two singles. This blows. I also thought NY's letters from home sucked, but at least i received it. So far, not too impressed with TMR and the purchases I've made with them. :-<

I think you need to get a hold of someone at TMR. You were billed for Vault 21, has it even been announced yet?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    JK_Livin said:

I think you need to get a hold of someone at TMR. You were billed for Vault 21, has it even been announced yet?

I cancelled my subscription last week to avoid getting charged for Vault 21, but I did notice that the charge for the next vault was coming up (i thought 7/5). I think they have charged before announcing the new vault a few times in the past.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    jervin007 said:

JK_Livin said:

I cancelled my subscription last week to avoid getting charged for Vault 21, but I did notice that the charge for the next vault was coming up (i thought 7/5). I think they have charged before announcing the new vault a few times in the past.

It all depends when you sign up, my vault renewed in May I think for Vault 21.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    edited July 2014
    JK_Livin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I've emailed them twice already... no response yet.
    10C is looking better and better, lol.
    But no surprise I was billed for 21 already. Pretty sure it was simply 3 months after I first subscribed to the vault, and it's quarterly, so right on time. Just thought I'd get vault 20 before paying for 21....
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I mentioned it before, but I spoke with someone who was at the Northstar Bar show back around 2000. It was after the Jim James show at Johnny Brenda's so I was a little loopy, but from what I remember it was something about how he introduced himself and Meg, as brother and sister or wife/husband I really forget. The crowd booed them and he got all pissy. That was the last time he played here.

I would be real curious to hear an interview where someone asked him, because it's about as pathetic as it gets even though JW is one of my all time favorites. Seriously pisses me off
    So much.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

jervin007 said:

JK_Livin said:

For Vault 21? Do you mean the limited Lazaretto Vault 20? May seems early to charge for Vault 21, I don't remember it ever being charged months before the announcement date.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

jervin007 said:

JK_Livin said:

For Vault 21? Do you mean the limited Lazaretto Vault 20? May seems early to charge for Vault 21, I don't remember it ever being charged months before the announcement date.
    Based on when I signed up, mine renews before the vault announcement every time. So mine has already been renewed for Vault 21. it may have have been early June, but I think it was late May.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Just picked up an Ultra LP copy of Lazarettio today. Time to spin spin spin!! :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    The deadline to sign up for Vault 20 was 4/30. Add 3 months and the deadline for Vault 21 should be 7/31. Something sounds screwed up. I checked last years' Vaults and they were 1/31, 4/30, 7/31 & 10/31 for sign up deadlines.

From the Vault: The quarterly Vault packages will ship 6-8 weeks following the most recent payment deadline. The payment deadlines fall on the last days of the deadline month at Midnight GMT/7pm CST. Thus, the deadlines are as follows:

January 31 / April 30 / July 31 / October 31
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

I mentioned it before, but I spoke with someone who was at the Northstar Bar show back around 2000. It was after the Jim James show at Johnny Brenda's so I was a little loopy, but from what I remember it was something about how he introduced himself and Meg, as brother and sister or wife/husband I really forget. The crowd booed them and he got all pissy. That was the last time he played here.

I would be real curious to hear an interview where someone asked him, because it's about as pathetic as it gets even though JW is one of my all time favorites. Seriously pisses me off
    So much.

This sucks. I guess he can hold a grudge. I'd go to Merriweather but it's a Sunday night.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jjflash said:

Heads-up.......White Stripes' 'Dead Leaves' 7" Replacement Stock is currently available in Vault Novelties store @ TMR for interested Vault members. It'll go fast, act quick.

Do you remember what time of the day this was up for sale?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

The deadline to sign up for Vault 20 was 4/30. Add 3 months and the deadline for Vault 21 should be 7/31. Something sounds screwed up. I checked last years' Vaults and they were 1/31, 4/30, 7/31 & 10/31 for sign up deadlines.

From the Vault: The quarterly Vault packages will ship 6-8 weeks following the most recent payment deadline. The payment deadlines fall on the last days of the deadline month at Midnight GMT/7pm CST. Thus, the deadlines are as follows:

January 31 / April 30 / July 31 / October 31

So what is screwed up?
  • Options
    Someone said they've already been billed for vault 21 and it hasn't even billed announced yet?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Has anyone listened to the Vault 12 Karen Elson live at TMR?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer