Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    JK_Livin said:

Someone said they've already been billed for vault 21 and it hasn't even billed announced yet?

I have, and I'm sure man other have. It all depends on what time you sign up in the cycle.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

JK_Livin said:

Someone said they've already been billed for vault 21 and it hasn't even billed announced yet?

I have, and I'm sure man other have. It all depends on what time you sign up in the cycle.
    Ok, I would think when you sign up would have nothing to do with it. If you sign up in time to order then that's all that mattered.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    JK_Livin said:

jjflash said:

Heads-up.......White Stripes' 'Dead Leaves' 7" Replacement Stock is currently available in Vault Novelties store @ TMR for interested Vault members. It'll go fast, act quick.

Do you remember what time of the day this was up for sale?
    Was sometime before noon CST but not sure of exact time.
  • Options
    jjflash said:

JK_Livin said:

jjflash said:

Heads-up.......White Stripes' 'Dead Leaves' 7" Replacement Stock is currently available in Vault Novelties store @ TMR for interested Vault members. It'll go fast, act quick.

Do you remember what time of the day this was up for sale?
    Was sometime before noon CST but not sure of exact time.
    Thanks.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    msjpearsonmsjpearson Posts: 97
    I ordered tickets to Jack's Toronto show through the vault pre-order a while back. Anyone know anything about how to get the tickets? Are they at will call? Will they be mailed? It's my first time using the vault for tickets. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Ok, I would think when you sign up would have nothing to do with it. If you sign up in time to order then that's all that mattered.
    Thats what I thought too. I was on the billing cycle for the first few years and don't ever remember being charged month(s) before I new vault was announced. I have been off the recurring cycle lately, so I guess times have changed.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited July 2014
    JK_Livin said:

The deadline to sign up for Vault 20 was 4/30. Add 3 months and the deadline for Vault 21 should be 7/31. Something sounds screwed up. I checked last years' Vaults and they were 1/31, 4/30, 7/31 & 10/31 for sign up deadlines.

From the Vault: The quarterly Vault packages will ship 6-8 weeks following the most recent payment deadline. The payment deadlines fall on the last days of the deadline month at Midnight GMT/7pm CST. Thus, the deadlines are as follows:

January 31 / April 30 / July 31 / October 31

I really don't think anything is screwed up at all. I'm going to be getting charged for the Vault subscription quarterly. That means every three months. They charged me for the subscription right on schedule as far as I'm concerned. That Vault 21 hasn't been revealed yet is irrelevant, or so it seems to me. Everything is just as it should be in that context, lol. ;) In fact, if memory serves, they specifically stated when I'd next be charged when I paid for the Vault 20 subscription, and they kept their promise. I don't know about the backout deadlines this year.... good thing I don't care, since I have no intention of backing out. ;) But i am thinking that perhaps the backout date was June 30th this year?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I ordered tickets to Jack's Toronto show through the vault pre-order a while back. Anyone know anything about how to get the tickets? Are they at will call? Will they be mailed? It's my first time using the vault for tickets. Thanks for your help.

I can't remember if there was an option for pick up... i know that mine are being mailed to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    You can back out of the vault at anytime before you are charged. Once you are, you are in for 3 months.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i cancel my auto-renew every time i sign up to avoid being charged before the vault is announced, in case i don't want it. i didn't need the $60 version of Lazaretto for example, and if its a singles collection or non JW project I generally don't want it.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop said:

i cancel my auto-renew every time i sign up to avoid being charged before the vault is announced, in case i don't want it. i didn't need the $60 version of Lazaretto for example, and if its a singles collection or non JW project I generally don't want it.

The only thing that sucks about that method is that you lose all privileges for the membership, such as the ability to make purchases in the novelties shop. I don't really like it that they take that away from you if you cancel. I feel like you should have access for that 3 month period if you pay the $60 regardless of whether or not you cancelled your membership after purchase to avoid auto-renewal.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    you can still purchase novelties. i don't cancel the membership, so i get the full 3 months of access, i only cancel the auto-renew feature so my subscription lapses at the deadline if i don't like the new vault, etc.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    choop said:

you can still purchase novelties. i don't cancel the membership, so i get the full 3 months of access, i only cancel the auto-renew feature so my subscription lapses at the deadline if i don't like the new vault, etc.

I just let mine keep renewing. I have already paid for this new one...and I don't even know what it is yet..lol
    I would be afraid if I did it like choop, is that I would get busy and forget to renew and miss one.

But I know a lot of members that do what choop does, and it is pretty smart.
  • Options
    choop said:

Thats good to know. I didn't realize you could do that. Makes sense
    PJ:

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    PJ_Soul said:

My regular copy of Lazaretto left Nashville supposedly on June 10th. Then seems to have disappeared. No movement since then on the tracking info. :( Then I received the shipping notification for that again recently. Same exact order number. No new info in my TMR account. :-/ Emailed them about that but no reply.

I also haven't received Vault 20 yet. I am supposed to be the last to get it because of my name and location, but I just got charged for the Vault 21 subscription today and still haven't seen Vault 20 (and no shipping notification for that). That's not too cool. :(

Meanwhile, because I want to hear it on my stereo and on vinyl first, I still haven't even heard Lazaretto. Just two singles. This blows. I also thought NY's letters from home sucked, but at least i received it. So far, not too impressed with TMR and the purchases I've made with them. :-<

I checked on their message board and it seems a lot of international orders are slow to arrive. All the purchases I've made from TMR have come in a timely manner. The one time I e-mailed them, they got back to me the same day.

Hoping it arrives soon for you.
    #FHP
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Vault 21 is up
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890

Vault 21 is up

Looks sweet. Someone convince me this is worth the $60+ dollars haha.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

Vault 21 is up

Doesn't matter if they've already charged you. haha
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    JK_Livin said:

Vault 21 is up

Doesn't matter if they've already charged you. haha
    Haha I actually never got a vault package...yet
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Nice. Don't really care about the flag, but looks like I will be renewing for vault 21. Can't resist live WS!
    PJ:

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984

Vault 21 is up

At least buy it and hold onto it. You'll be able to sell it in a year for $100
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Yeah anything live WS I am on board with. If the quality ends up sucking I'll unload it down the line.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

Vault 21 is up

I have the same problem. Maybe once I have more of a disposable income I will bite..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,773
    Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    I have a pair of tickets to the Jack White Air Canada Centre show on July 31st. Something came up and I can't make the show. Will sell for face value, plus XpressPost shipping ($185 Cdn total). They are in Section 108, Row 9, Seats 5 & 6.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563

Do you know why that is, other than a show people gave him shit at? Also, he walked off the stage in NY a while back but has been back there.

the NYC thing was at the show. i don't know the full details, but i believe people gave him and meg shit outside of the show on the street or something.
    JK_Livin said:

choop said:

JK_Livin said:

Really, still no Philly show! WTF?

he is never going to play philly again. it's been, what over 10 years now? when i was living in philly i had to go to NYC for most of his shows since maybe get behind me satan? whatever show people gave him shit at.

glad he's played 10 minutes from me the last few tours.
    Do you know why that is, other than a show people gave him shit at? Also, he walked off the stage in NY a while back but has been back there.
    Sorry, new to this thread and am not quite sure whether it has been posted or not? But recently I found this article online late one night, and thought it was the best explanation by far I have ever seen about that Radio City show. It was the only one that (I read at least) wiht an acutal answer, vs. "I'm just giving them what they wanted" or something vague,,. Maybe it's not the best, but it was something at least?
    “In these times, it feels like a lot of people think a rock’n’roll show is the same as going to the movies, that a ticket is an emblem of entitlement. Whether they know it or not, the crowd’s in control of my show, not me. If I was playing in an old folks’ home, and I played a couple of songs from the Forties and everyone clapped, and then I put on an electric guitar and played a Jimi Hendrix song and everyone started covering their ears, now I know the next song I do should not be electric and loud. I saw that first night, just hundreds of people straight-up not clapping. So I have no idea what to pick for the next song. I have no duty to explain to them how this all works. And also I have a duty to provoke.”
    esquire.co.uk/style/esquire-men/135/the-master-the-jack-white-interview/
  • Options
    Horos said:

PJ_Soul said:

My regular copy of Lazaretto left Nashville supposedly on June 10th. Then seems to have disappeared. No movement since then on the tracking info. :( Then I received the shipping notification for that again recently. Same exact order number. No new info in my TMR account. :-/ Emailed them about that but no reply.

I also haven't received Vault 20 yet. I am supposed to be the last to get it because of my name and location, but I just got charged for the Vault 21 subscription today and still haven't seen Vault 20 (and no shipping notification for that). That's not too cool. :(

Meanwhile, because I want to hear it on my stereo and on vinyl first, I still haven't even heard Lazaretto. Just two singles. This blows. I also thought NY's letters from home sucked, but at least i received it. So far, not too impressed with TMR and the purchases I've made with them. :-<

I checked on their message board and it seems a lot of international orders are slow to arrive. All the purchases I've made from TMR have come in a timely manner. The one time I e-mailed them, they got back to me the same day.

Thanks!
    I finally got the regular version of Lazaretto. :) Haven't spun it yet, but am about to.
    Still not even a shipping notice on vault 20.... three emails now and no reply. They're nice emails too, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Horos said:

PJ_Soul said:

Thanks!
    I finally got the regular version of Lazaretto. :) Haven't spun it yet, but am about to.
    Still not even a shipping notice on vault 20.... three emails now and no reply. They're nice emails too, lol.
    Weird, they have always responded within a few days when I have emailed them
    PJ:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    jervin007 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horos said:

PJ_Soul said:

Thanks!
    Weird, they have always responded within a few days when I have emailed them
    Huh. So I finally just got this email from them (after 4 emails they replied to the first one):

"Thanks for your email and my apologies for the horribly delayed response. It looks like your email was lumped in with the general replacement/exchange inquiries for package #20. I would be glad to help you with your Vault issue.
    Your Vault package #20 did not ship, but I can't seem to see a clear reason why. So, to make this good, we will ship this package with the fastest possible USPS service with tracking info: CJ40**********
    If you have any further questions, please let me know."

Okay, so great.... Then I went and used the tracking number to see if it was showing in the system yet. And it says that the package with that tracking number was sent from Delaware and was successfully delivered somewhere in Canada.... In March 2013. image