Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,236
    PJ_Soul said:

Wow, I didn't even know he had kids.... does he??

.... The BK kind of did rip off the WS's sound now that I think about it, lol (I don't like the Black Keys, can you tell? Lol). These comments just sound like normal random private comments said largely in jest to me. I have never heard about domestic abuse, as I don't pay attention to the private lives of musicians, but I'd have to see the evidence for this before making judgement.

Walking off stage is unexcuseable though.

Please, everyone rips off everyones sound. Its the way music works. He recently put Meg under the bus as well. Meg is a very private person who was half the White Stripes. I love Mr. White, and I buy just about everything he puts out, but I must say I was getting fed up with his BS in the news lately.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited May 2014

PJ_Soul said:

.... The BK kind of did rip off the WS's sound now that I think about it, lol (I don't like the Black Keys, can you tell? Lol). These comments just sound like normal random private comments said largely in jest to me. I have never heard about domestic abuse, as I don't pay attention to the private lives of musicians, but I'd have to see the evidence for this before making judgement.

Please, everyone rips off everyones sound. Its the way music works. He recently put Meg under the bus as well. Meg is a very private person who was half the White Stripes. I love Mr. White, and I buy just about everything he puts out, but I must say I was getting fed up with his BS in the news lately.
    I was kind of kidding (and have no reason to think that JW wasn't). I did read the article about Meg White and I didn't think that was anywhere close to throwing her under the bus.
    I think a lot of shit like this gets reported way out of context, just as JW said. It's too bad that fact forced him to make excuses for himself when he shouldn't have had to.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I was kind of kidding (and have no reason to think that JW wasn't). I did read the article about Meg White and I didn't think that was anywhere close to throwing her under the bus.
    I think a lot of shit like this gets reported way out of context, just as JW said. It's too bad that fact forced him to make excuses for himself when he shouldn't have had to.
    Dudes a great musician, but the drama he creates is unnecessary. No one cares

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited June 2014
    jervin007 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Dudes a great musician, but the drama he creates is unnecessary. No one cares

Someone must care if he's having to make public statements like this.... Bottom line, it must be really tough to live under a spot light, where every single dumb thing you say is picked apart and held up as a definition for the kind of person you are. I suggest that it's he who is creating get drama - it's the people reporting things he says with their own personal spins on it. Are there things he probably shouldn't have said to certain people? Obviously. But it's how people - the people who apparently care - react to those things that causes drama.
    I'm not a JW megafan or anything... this all just seems a bit much compared to what he actually said IMHO.
    (Or maybe he's actually a dick, lol, I don't know. All i do know is that someone has to do a lot worse than he has for my opinion of them to change).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,836
    Heads-up.......White Stripes' 'Dead Leaves' 7" Replacement Stock is currently available in Vault Novelties store @ TMR for interested Vault members. It'll go fast, act quick.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I just received a shipping notice from TMR. I thought for a second that it may be Vault 20 but then I remembered that I order the black lazaretto.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Third man Posted Vault 20 started shipping today US by first name Z-A then international
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Third man Posted Vault 20 started shipping today US by first name Z-A then international

alright alright alright
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jjflash said:

Heads-up.......White Stripes' 'Dead Leaves' 7" Replacement Stock is currently available in Vault Novelties store @ TMR for interested Vault members. It'll go fast, act quick.

hey, thanks for the heads up, got it earlier today. Is there some kind of a notification system or were you just checking randomly.

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,836

jjflash said:

hey, thanks for the heads up, got it earlier today. Is there some kind of a notification system or were you just checking randomly.

No notification system that I'm aware of.....randomly checked and got lucky. Glad you were able to score one too <:-P
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

alright alright alright
    Looks like people though "S" were getting shipping notice yesterday, so hopefully they have a lot of the US orders out by Friday.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

alright alright alright
    Looks like people though "S" were getting shipping notice yesterday, so hopefully they have a lot of the US orders out by Friday.
    Would they possibly ship the vault with my black lazaretto? I only having tracking on the the black, not the Vault yet and I'm letter T.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jjflash said:

How did I miss this yesterday and I posted right after this?

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

alright alright alright
    Would they possibly ship the vault with my black lazaretto? I only having tracking on the the black, not the Vault yet and I'm letter T.
    Don't know, but if not I imagine you should be getting a shipping notice soon
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Couldn't resist the itunes leak....Lazaretto is pretty damn cool, but maybe not as immediate as Blunderbuss.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,867
    streaming now :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

streaming now :D

Third time through for me. Be glad when the vinyl arrives
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,867
    another strong album from him.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Looks like people through "M" were getting vault shipment notices yesterday. TMR may get most US orders out this week,
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    DewieCox said:

Couldn't resist the itunes leak....Lazaretto is pretty damn cool, but maybe not as immediate as Blunderbuss.

I listened to a few tracks at Bull Moose. They had a vinyl station set up with a third man portable record player playing the vinyl. From what I heard I liked it.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    That's just really cool. I had my doubts about a release day arrival for these, but they're really going beyond exectations, IMO.

Had to make a little time for the Zep reissues, but otherwise Lazaretton was on a loop yesterday and I'm digging it more and more.
  • Options
    Wow, my Vault 20 just arrived.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    New video is out and single is up for presale
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    AvardAvard Posts: 9
    I got VAULT 20. Today in CONNECTICUT. An S. STEVEN. This album is amazeing!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST EVER FOR ME. Side one DOES start on the "last"track And spins OUTWARDS. And ends where track one WOULD begin. In a LOCKED GROOVE. Off of HIGH BALL STEPPER....

AMAZEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anyone going to Charlotte tonight?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I received the black as well as Vault 20. Sadly I didn't have a chance to listen and the I guess the download code won't work until release day.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    anyone trying for fallon on monday?
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    Has anyone played the hidden tracks that are in the label? Does it damage the label? Are the songs good?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    It doesn't damage the label. It may wear your needle down.

TBH, don't even try to play them. They are pretty worthless. One is just a kid singing Away in a manger. The other is at 78rpm.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Took a couple listens but I think like the new album! Lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12