Options

Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    norm wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Gah I've got over a month to wait!! HURRY UP!!!!!

oh waaaahhhh i got until SEPTEMBER!! :twisted: :P

:lol::lol:

LOUD NOISES!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    About time the band played something new on this tour. A bunch of tour debuts tonight opening up a lot more options for future shows. I hope they open it up more though. Still so many good songs for them to play the same crappy ones over and over again
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Just got back, couple quick thoughts before I go to bed. Big Eyed Fish into Bartender is about as good a 1-2 as it gets. Grey Street rocked. Boyd absolutely killed it all night. He was seriously on fire. Dave was in exceptionally good spirits it seemed, he talked much more than usual, joked around with some fans up front. Only real complaint is that it ended somewhat abruptly. Tripping Billies is cool and the jam was great, but it didn't make a great closer. Overall, great show though. I will warn though, if you are on the lawn, move up close, it seemed the further back you got, the more rowdy and drunk the fratboys got. Just a note.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Overall, great show though. I will warn though, if you are on the lawn, move up close, it seemed the further back you got, the more rowdy and drunk the fratboys got. Just a note.
    Glad you had a great time! Definitely one of the stronger sets of the tour so far! And noted about the lawn- that is exactly why we're getting there early tomorrow, so we get as close as we can to the pavilion!
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    About time the band played something new on this tour. A bunch of tour debuts tonight opening up a lot more options for future shows. I hope they open it up more though. Still so many good songs for them to play the same crappy ones over and over again
    Hoping the 2-night stand in Hartford opens things up for the rest of the tour! Definitely a good bunch of songs I'm surprised they haven't played yet.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm hoping for a Pig tomorrow....and then of course think Dave and Tim should come by the Greenwich Town Party Saturday just to say hello to their Hedge Fund billionaire and throw us a tune. He has a helicopter to get them there and back in less than 45 minutes.

SamJam I'll be in the VIP lot with bf after 4:30. Blue Honda Accord with CT plates and on Owl magnet that says Let it Be. We'll have 2 10KLF camp chairs and a small metal table. Chillin and having a few drinks. Stop and say hey if you see us! Like finding a needle in a haystack but us older peeps like to lay pretty low. I'll also probably be wearing some kind of Pearl Jam clothing. And as always I have a Jack Skellington cinch sack that I use at every show.

May be out grillin with my new piggy grill. Have not decided about that yet!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    from twitter: Supposed soundcheck: bowa, dreaming tree, new song, spoon :shock:

also steve lillywhite is stuck in traffic on the way to the show :lol:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Wish I was in Hartford tonight Instead of On vacation in orlando.

:lol:

How do the new aongs sound?
  • Options
    What an amazing night in Hartford! Always a good time with DMB and tonight was no different. Had lawn seats this time but with Warehouse tickets, we got 'preferred view' which meant we got to pick our spots in a closed off area of the lawn with the best view--but the fence came down when DMB began so then it became a free for all. Still, with the amount of people on the lawn, it was great to be able to put our stuff down in what we thought was an awesome spot. We ended up having some obnoxious people near us for the first half of the show, but as people moved around, towards the end, the surrounding area was mostly asshole free! :lol: But the show! The Stone is probably my favorite opener (other than JTR :mrgreen: ) and hearing those first notes I knew it was gonna be a great night! Other highlights were One Sweet World (especially instead of Satellite following Proudest Monkey), and the amazing 1-2 punch of Granny>PNP>Rapunzel! That made up for the waaaayyyyy too long LITHOG that was played before Granny. Granny is one that I really wanted to hear, and hearing that first little riff sent such a wave of excitement through me! Love the song, don't love that it was almost 20 minutes long. Time Bomb then Cornbread was a cool way of ending. Show in all was pretty Big Whiskey heavy, but I do like Big Whiskey so I was happy with everything other than LITHOG. Band sounded great, Dave sounded fantastic in particular. New songs: Mercy was 'meh' for me, I still need to warm up to it. But I do like it more full band than when Dave just did it solo on Fallon. Gaucho has grown on me and I loved it live. Full band Sweet wasn't played. All in all, had a wonderful time with my best friends!
    norm wrote:

If they play any of those songs tonight...there will be hell to pay, Dave :lol: SPOON?! DREAMING TREE?! Those are the ONLY 2 songs I need left off of BTCS, my favorite DMB album, and they're up there as holy grails with Drive In Drive Out! Also what's better than BOWA?? I've heard it twice and could hear it every show. It's gonna be hard to be home tonight, wish we got tickets for both Hartford nights! But hey- after 10 shows, can't complain too much ;)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    sounds like an awesome time sam :mrgreen:

however, i think this guy had a better time ;)
    Just sat with in @Sillywhite's car and listened to the new ‪#dmb‬ album
    https://twitter.com/coreymanicone/statu ... 7264070656

:shock:

read the rest of his tweets...he talks about the songs...fans dream come true 8-)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I made the right decision going to our Town Party. I was so close to missing it to go to Hartford night 2.

When Dave showed up I was smiling ear to ear....

577509_407449029277838_193724010650342_1235040_21275197_n-353x.jpg
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Just sat with in @Sillywhite's car and listened to the new ‪#dmb‬ album
    https://twitter.com/coreymanicone/statu ... 7264070656

:shock:
    :shock: is right!!! Holy crap what a dream come true!!! Amazing! I should have been people-watching more closely in the parking lot!! :lol:

Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I made the right decision going to our Town Party. I was so close to missing it to go to Hartford night 2.

When Dave showed up I was smiling ear to ear....

577509_407449029277838_193724010650342_1235040_21275197_n-353x.jpg
    Awesome, Sue!! Must've been really amazing seeing him just show up unannounced. I'd have freaked out!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Wow! What a set tonight! Even though I mainly go to DMB shows for the good friends, these sets lately are making me sad that I won't be catching any shows this summer...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Went to the Scranton show on5/28. It was a great show. Had to be the 2nd hottest concert I've ever been to, I didn't stop sweating until yesterday. It's the god damn poconos, it's not supposed to get that hot. It was cool to get Help Myself and I missed out on You Never Know by one night. Ugh!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    What an amazing night in Hartford! Always a good time with DMB and tonight was no different. Had lawn seats this time but with Warehouse tickets, we got 'preferred view' which meant we got to pick our spots in a closed off area of the lawn with the best view--but the fence came down when DMB began so then it became a free for all. Still, with the amount of people on the lawn, it was great to be able to put our stuff down in what we thought was an awesome spot. We ended up having some obnoxious people near us for the first half of the show, but as people moved around, towards the end, the surrounding area was mostly asshole free! :lol: But the show! The Stone is probably my favorite opener (other than JTR :mrgreen: ) and hearing those first notes I knew it was gonna be a great night! Other highlights were One Sweet World (especially instead of Satellite following Proudest Monkey), and the amazing 1-2 punch of Granny>PNP>Rapunzel! That made up for the waaaayyyyy too long LITHOG that was played before Granny. Granny is one that I really wanted to hear, and hearing that first little riff sent such a wave of excitement through me! Love the song, don't love that it was almost 20 minutes long. Time Bomb then Cornbread was a cool way of ending. Show in all was pretty Big Whiskey heavy, but I do like Big Whiskey so I was happy with everything other than LITHOG. Band sounded great, Dave sounded fantastic in particular. New songs: Mercy was 'meh' for me, I still need to warm up to it. But I do like it more full band than when Dave just did it solo on Fallon. Gaucho has grown on me and I loved it live. Full band Sweet wasn't played. All in all, had a wonderful time with my best friends!
    norm wrote:

If they play any of those songs tonight...there will be hell to pay, Dave :lol: SPOON?! DREAMING TREE?! Those are the ONLY 2 songs I need left off of BTCS, my favorite DMB album, and they're up there as holy grails with Drive In Drive Out! Also what's better than BOWA?? I've heard it twice and could hear it every show. It's gonna be hard to be home tonight, wish we got tickets for both Hartford nights! But hey- after 10 shows, can't complain too much ;)

Awesome review samjam! Totally stoked for you, sounds like it was a great time! Was hoping you'd get DIDO...maybe that means I'll get it at Alpine? :mrgreen:

Also, I'm sorry to admit this, I'm pretty done on Cornbread....don't hate me!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    wish I could see another show soon. :(
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPMNZR_vPY&feature=plcp
    Hello Again Pt. 2 is up! Spotlight's on SPAC 2010. Damn, I NEED to see DMB there someday! Always special shows.

Mamasan- Hopefully they'll unleash some DIDO in Alpine for ya...and in Jones Beach, too :D

EZ- Since the new album comes out in September, I'm thinking some sort of fall/winter tour, too! Good thing about DMB is their touring frequency, I can always count on them to make my summer memorable! Glad I have my 2nd favorite band to hold me over til the next time I see Pearl Jam. In the more than 2 years I've been waiting for a good opportunity for me to see PJ again, (and yes, yes, I know both have completely different touring styles, just making a comparison), I'll have seen DMB 10 times since 5/21/10 (PJ MSG2) after the 2 Jones Beach shows in June!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    The setlists of these Mansfield shows are crazy good!! SO JEALOUS OF DRIVE IN DRIVE OUT!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Going to the Darien Lake show!!!! Can't wait
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    Stefan Lessard sat down with Mix 104.1′s Cali before yesterday’s Dave Matthews Band concert in Mansfield, Massachusetts. He talked about the new DMB album and other topics. Here are some highlights:

On the return of Steve Lillywhite as producer: “It just felt like the right time. … Destiny is the way it’s supposed to be, and we were supposed to work with Steve as this point of our career. … He was the perfect man for the music that Dave put in front of us.”

On how the new album came together: “I didn’t even know that Dave [Matthews] was writing on the side [last year], so I was actually pleasantly surprised when I got the call saying, ‘Hey, January, February, plan to be in the studio.’ … Dave came to us with pretty much a body of work that just needed to be cleaned up and a little bit of shine. Not much lyrics, but mostly guitar and melodies that he had, so it was real easy just to start working off of that.”

On the recording process: “I didn’t do any overdubs for this record, because everything was done live time, playing with Carter [Beauford] and Dave. The guitar, drums and bass are all pretty much from tracks that we were playing together.”

On the roles of Jeff Coffin and Rashawn Ross in the studio, because this album is the first completely without LeRoi Moore: “Jeff Coffin really tapped into what Roi had done on the previous recordings with Lillywhite. It was almost as if Jeff had gone back and studied Roi again. There’s things Jeff plays on this record where it could’ve been LeRoi. I thought he was very tasteful.”

“Rashawn’s an incredible writer when it comes to trumpet and horn sections. He wrote some really fun parts. … Him and Jeff will just come up with these sections on the fly.”

Stefan also said the new album will come out in September and be available on vinyl. In addition, he discussed the band’s past work with Lillywhite, how his style compares to other producers’ and more.
    http://www.dmbnews.net/2012/06/stefan-l ... album.html
  • Options
    The boys are going balls out with the song selections this tour so far.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Stefan Lessard sat down with Mix 104.1′s Cali before yesterday’s Dave Matthews Band concert in Mansfield, Massachusetts. He talked about the new DMB album and other topics. Here are some highlights:

On the return of Steve Lillywhite as producer: “It just felt like the right time. … Destiny is the way it’s supposed to be, and we were supposed to work with Steve as this point of our career. … He was the perfect man for the music that Dave put in front of us.”

On how the new album came together: “I didn’t even know that Dave [Matthews] was writing on the side [last year], so I was actually pleasantly surprised when I got the call saying, ‘Hey, January, February, plan to be in the studio.’ … Dave came to us with pretty much a body of work that just needed to be cleaned up and a little bit of shine. Not much lyrics, but mostly guitar and melodies that he had, so it was real easy just to start working off of that.”

On the recording process: “I didn’t do any overdubs for this record, because everything was done live time, playing with Carter [Beauford] and Dave. The guitar, drums and bass are all pretty much from tracks that we were playing together.”

On the roles of Jeff Coffin and Rashawn Ross in the studio, because this album is the first completely without LeRoi Moore: “Jeff Coffin really tapped into what Roi had done on the previous recordings with Lillywhite. It was almost as if Jeff had gone back and studied Roi again. There’s things Jeff plays on this record where it could’ve been LeRoi. I thought he was very tasteful.”

“Rashawn’s an incredible writer when it comes to trumpet and horn sections. He wrote some really fun parts. … Him and Jeff will just come up with these sections on the fly.”

Stefan also said the new album will come out in September and be available on vinyl. In addition, he discussed the band’s past work with Lillywhite, how his style compares to other producers’ and more.
    http://www.dmbnews.net/2012/06/stefan-l ... album.html

:thumbup:
  • Options
    Off to Jones Beach soon! Maybe by some miracle it'll stop raining? If not, JTR? Friendly suggestion :mrgreen:
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    All in all, a really terrific two nights! Before the show tonight I got to briefly speak to Carter and also shake Boyd's hand--I can't stop reliving those moments in my head...amazing!!! Also requested Drive In Drive Out but no dice :( But the fact that I asked them somehow makes me feel better about not hearing those! Guess to summarize I'll combine both shows

Highlights: Carter/Boyd interactions (N2), You Never Know was amazingly beautiful (N1), the chorus of Brass Monkey by Beastie Boys was played after So Much To Say (in place of ASTB, I guess) and the crowd went apeshit (2), start-stop intro of Warehouse (2), Minarets then Grey Street (N1), So Right (2), terrific version of Crush (1), Write A Song (2), seats N1, was the closest I've ever been to the band, Lie In Our Graves (2)

Lowlights: THE RAIN N1. Also we were on the right side by the water, got all the wind from that, the sound system (more of a problem N2), Time Bomb, which I thought was anti-climactic, not a great version, and that into Two Step was a really predicable way to end...though that version of Two Step killed, in the best way! (N2)

This band makes me so damn happy. Thinking right about now I'm gonna have to somehow get tix for Bethel in a few weeks, I can't stand the thought of DMB being over for me this summer!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    the chorus of Brass Monkey by Beastie Boys was played after So Much To Say (in place of ASTB, I guess) and the crowd went apeshit

:shock: :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bx-721mAEM

awesome!!
  • Options
    I'm going to DMB at the gorge Aug30th!!! So stoked. But I wish I could hear Head and Heart as opener, or Mariachi El Bronx, or Blind Pilot. I respect Avett Bros but not particularly exciting to me...
  • Options
    Alright, I don't think I can deal with no more DMB for the summer, so ISO 1 or 2 tickets to Bethel Woods on 6/30 :D Pavilion is preferred but if I can't get that and someone is selling lawn, I'll gladly take a lawn ticket :D
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Hopefully they chill with the space bread and seven openers before camden
    7/5/03 - Camden N1
    6/19/08 - Camden N1
    9/2/12 - Philly

Philadelphia! We're all still Alive!
  • Options
    Hello Again part 3 with Pig, nice!!!
    http://youtu.be/owFDMEN9mAc
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Who else is pumped for Camden tomorrow night?!?!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Hello Again part 3 with Pig, nice!!!
    http://youtu.be/owFDMEN9mAc
    :thumbup: Thanks for that! Any show with Pig is a good show in my book :D
    Who else is pumped for Camden tomorrow night?!?!
    Have fun!! The 2010 shows there seemed like they were damn good ones, so hope there's good DMB karma left over from then :D Excited for Bethel myself on Saturday, I've made the decision to go! Hope I'm able to go with a ticket, though, I'd rather have it secure than have to search for one at the venue (even though I'm pretty sure I can find one there day of)
    ~not a dude~