Options

Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    norm wrote:
    I've always liked Time Bomb a lot, its a fun song imo. I think ppl are getting bored because things seem to be the same lately. He used to impov more at the beginning of Two Step and now it seems like he is mostly just doing the Time Bomb intro. Even the setlists this year repetitive in some respects. I went to both Jones Beach and both Camden shows and they seemed similar with few changes. This is not me complaining, just trying to explain what some ppl might be thinking based on what Ive be reading from show reviews and what not. In 2008, my friend and I were talking to the guy next to us before the second Camden show and he said something that has stuck with me, "Dave is at a point in his career where he can do whatever the fuck he wants, and if some people don't like it, Dave doesnt care." A little more variety in the setlists wouldnt hurt but im gonna keep going to as many shows as i'm able to get to because it's always a fun time. (PJ, please tour more like Dave does!)

well, i've never been able to understand the uber fan...especially the set list naysayers that sit at their computer and complain about every song...yeah, i've been spending too much time on ants the past few days :lol:

of course dave can and is doing whatever he wants...just reading the comments at ants i do agree that the setlists have been somewhat uninspired...and ending both la shows with timestep? would've loved to see an epic warehouse close out the show

but this is me not complaining...i could go to 3 more shows like these and be totally happy :mrgreen:

Us PJ/Dave fans are chill we know how to have a good time at shows. Those Dave only fans will bitch at every opportunity they get.
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Us PJ/Dave fans are chill we know how to have a good time at shows. Those Dave only fans will bitch at every opportunity they get.

right? they might be worse than pj fans because they have more shows to bitch about! :lol::lol: :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    norm wrote:

right? they might be worse than pj fans because they have more shows to bitch about! :lol::lol: :fp: :lol:

:lol:
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    Ellen performances

if only

mercy
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    norm wrote:
    Ellen performances

if only

mercy
    I'll watch only if she doesn't dance.
  • Options
    The Riff is amazing!! best song of 2012 by far in my opinion, gonna hit hard!!

live at jimmy kimmel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zrmefTh0TA

album version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbakG_HZgCc

spotify
    http://open.spotify.com/track/6dwcPXelq5OPKY4idJtnJG

this album is amazing!!... go buy it!
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    This really does get better with every listen. Also was thinking how great it is to hear more Boyd than we have on a studio album in a while. If Only and Belly Full have been the songs stuck in my head today...probably will be different songs tomorrow, they change constantly! Pretty sure over the last week or so, at some point, every single track has been stuck in my head. Love it.

Nothing better than when one of your favorite bands puts out quality new stuff! Can't wait to hear all the songs I haven't heard live yet live!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Funny how time slips away
    Looking at the cracks creeping across my face
    I remember the little kid living in here
    He’ll be living here probably until I’m dead
    Please don’t leave me baby
    Please don’t leave me yeah
    Sitting in a box away from the world out there
    A world piled high with boxes just like this
    Please don’t ever leave me alone in here
    Take me out shake of the dust shake off the fear
    Please don’t leave me baby
    Please don’t leave me yeah
    You stay with me, that don’t mean we’ve gotta stay the same
    You stay with me baby you and me we’ll change the game
    Well I don’t know the man that’s living in my head
    Till you breach down and break the light back in
    Well I don’t know the man that’s living in my head
    If I don’t know the woman sleeping in my bed
    Remember how we used to kiss baby, kiss like it was everything
    Remember how we used to love baby, love like it was everything
    You stay with me that don’t mean we have to stay the same
    You stay with me baby you and me we’ll change the game
    You stay with me ill follow you and we can start again baby
    I only got minute or two to spare
    I got a whole fuckinn life to fit in there
    So ill waste time stare at the tv set
    Like I got dreams to kill and people to forget
    Remember how we used to dance baby, dance like it was everything
    You stay with me that don’t mean we have to stay the same
    You stay with me baby you and me we could change the game
    You stay with me that but don’t mean I wanna stay the same
    You stay with me baby you and me will change the game

This song The Riff is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zrmefTh ... r_embedded
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Winter Tour announced.

http://davematthewsband.com/tour
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    Winter Tour announced.

nice. maybe I'll check them out at mohegan, boston or Brooklyn.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    Winter Tour announced.

shooting for C'ville one or both nights. Can someone tell me how much tickets typically are through WH?
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    Winter Tour announced.

This made my incredibly shitty day turn into a much, much better one!!

It's like a gift from DMB- Baltimore on the 18th is my last day of finals! What a present! Bmore ticket prices are crazy high, but I just gotta go! And it gets better- return home to NY on the 19th or 20th, then DMB Brooklyn on the 21st!! Philly is a possibility too, we shall see! :D

Boy, did I need this announcement! Can't wait to hear how the new songs translate!!
    :D:D
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    What do you all think of Away from the World? I bought it yesterday so I've just starting listening to it.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Trying for Mohegan but figure my chances are a little better than a Dave and Tim show! Fingers crossed I have some luck on my side and score a pair from WH.

New songs? I like Belly Belly Nice :D
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    What do you all think of Away from the World? I bought it yesterday so I've just starting listening to it.
    I think the new album is tremendous. I love what Lillywhite brings out in DMB, and the new album to me really sounds like the first 3 albums had a baby with modern day DMB- good stuff! Weakest tracks for me are Sweet, Mercy, and Snow Outside, though that's saying a lot since I like all 3 (Sweet has finally grown on me, used to completely not like it when I first heard the studio track but it was definitely a grower and those lyrics helped!), I just don't think they are as strong as the rest of the album. The remaining tracks on the album are all exceptional for me, and it's always a quick listen since it flows really well and I like every track so much. If I had to choose my top favorite tracks at this moment, they'd be Broken Things, Drunken Soldier, Belly Belly Nice, and The Riff. What do you think so far?
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    Winter Tour announced.

winter EAST COAST tour is what it should say :( not that i should complain seeing them 3 times but still... :P
    justam wrote:

love it...i don't think there is a weak song on the album and lillywhite was able to capture the current band sound and put it through his brain to create something outstanding
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    justam wrote:
    I think the new album is tremendous. I love what Lillywhite brings out in DMB, and the new album to me really sounds like the first 3 albums had a baby with modern day DMB- good stuff! Weakest tracks for me are Sweet, Mercy, and Snow Outside, though that's saying a lot since I like all 3 (Sweet has finally grown on me, used to completely not like it when I first heard the studio track but it was definitely a grower and those lyrics helped!), I just don't think they are as strong as the rest of the album. The remaining tracks on the album are all exceptional for me, and it's always a quick listen since it flows really well and I like every track so much. If I had to choose my top favorite tracks at this moment, they'd be Broken Things, Drunken Soldier, Belly Belly Nice, and The Riff. What do you think so far?
    I think this is their best work since Busted Stuff, but an average album IMO. Musically, it is fantastic. Lyrically, :sick:
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I'm going to listen to it for the next few days and then form my opinion. The first few times I listened to it, a few songs stuck out as very mature songs, but so far I don't LOVE any of them.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    So it looks like they're coming back to Chicago in December - playing the United Center. I've never seen DMB at an inside venue, so I'm intrigued to see if the vibe will be different at that show!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    So it looks like they're coming back to Chicago in December - playing the United Center. I've never seen DMB at an inside venue, so I'm intrigued to see if the vibe will be different at that show!

It's better. I saw them 2 years ago in Philly.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Different, but a good different! More intense, I'd say--but of course, still tons of fun! Some of my favorite DMB shows have been the ones I've seen inside.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Different, but a good different! More intense, I'd say--but of course, still tons of fun! Some of my favorite DMB shows have been the ones I've seen inside.

Thanks!!! You've talked me into it...not that I wouldn't have gone anyway :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Fantastic show- I was there too! Stone opener, BOWA, Can't Stop, mid-set Last Stop, Xmas Song...very memorable! I hope these winter tour sets are like the 2010 fall tour sets!
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Thanks!!! You've talked me into it...not that I wouldn't have gone anyway :lol:
    :D That's the Dave mindset! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I was at that show as well. I also went to both nights at MSG, and Cville. I enjoy seeing them indoors, it seems like they have more energy there.
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I was at that show as well. I also went to both nights at MSG, and Cville. I enjoy seeing them indoors, it seems like they have more energy there.
    The energy at DMB MSG shows are unlike anything I've ever experienced. Really only PJ at MSG was comparable. Insane energy at those shows!

I feel like they also tend to experiment a bit more with their setlist at indoor shows.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    I've been enjoying these 'Making of Away From The World' videos, dunno if you guys have seen these, too!

Mercy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0I77yEDeSQ&feature=plcp
    Belly Belly Nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt0lciqI07o&feature=plcp
    The Riff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjeITMzdoi4&feature=plcp
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Looking good for Mohegan tickets..pending charges on cc, now waiting for my email for my yay or nay

Upper levels by the looks of the amount but I'm down with that, the place is so small!! :corn:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Philly CONFIRMED! Not only that, but my roommate actually WON us tickets to see DMB in Baltimore!!! Incredible. Just have to wait for Brooklyn to be confirmed and I will officially have the best winter break ever! :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    samjam wrote:
    Philly CONFIRMED! Not only that, but my roommate actually WON us tickets to see DMB in Baltimore!!! Incredible. Just have to wait for Brooklyn to be confirmed and I will officially have the best winter break ever! :)

I was confirmed for Philly as well, reserved seats. Now waiting on Izod N1.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'm a total idiot and missed the WH ticketing. Gotta go on ticketbastard today :x