The National Football League

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The Colt's are apparently shopping Dwight Freeney around.

This is my ongoing nightmarish NFL version of the montage after the Latanza heist from Goodfellas when all the goombas that Jimmy whacked start turning up .... come to think of it, Irsay's first name is Jimmy. :think:

I'm now waiting for Dallas Clark's frozen corpse to show up in the back of a meat truck. :(
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Jason P wrote:

This is my ongoing nightmarish NFL version of the montage after the Latanza heist from Goodfellas when all the goombas that Jimmy whacked start turning up .... come to think of it, Irsay's first name is Jimmy. :think:

I'm now waiting for Dallas Clark's frozen corpse to show up in the back of a meat truck. :(

Addai is sitting in the driver's seat of his caddy with a bullet hole in his head waiting on Indy police to find him right now.
    Good to see that even though it's only March, my pathetic Browns are already looking for ways to fuck up the season. Not that he would go there, but they arent even pursuing Manning. We likely won't get RG3, and now they are talking about trading down (what a surprise) from #4 to take another mid-level talent QB in Ryan Tannehill. Great choice Browns...pass on a talent like Trent Richardson at #4 so you can add a slightly more atheletic version of the QB you already have. I seriously think we only scout Big 12 teams. How bout we just throw in the towel and sign McNabb and T.O.? At least that would be somewhat entertaining.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Jason P wrote:

who gets the screwdriver to the back of the head?
    norm wrote:
    My money is on Gary Brackett. He is the defensive captain, loved by the fans, and is involved in local charities.

It only makes sense at this point.
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    My money is on Gary Brackett. He is the defensive captain, loved by the fans, and is involved in local charities.

https://twitter.com/#!/SportsCenter/sta ... 1418829824

now they have to go cut up the body :lol::lol:
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Peyton's in the DCO right now meeting with John Elway.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    @JasonLaCanfora: In all, the Skins trade 6th overall in 2012, plus 2012 2nd rounder, and 1st rounders in 2013 and 2014 to move up 4 spots for RG3 ...
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    @JasonLaCanfora: In all, the Skins trade 6th overall in 2012, plus 2012 2nd rounder, and 1st rounders in 2013 and 2014 to move up 4 spots for RG3 ...

and so it begins...the Browns miss out on RG3, will trade down to take Tannehill only they will trade down too far and miss on him too, thus leaving us with our big free agent signing...wait for it...Chad Henne!

F#@king kill me now...I can see it coming.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8278079f/article/redskins-acquire-second-overall-pick-in-deal-with-rams?module=HP11_breaking_news

Being in DC it is great to watch the Skins, and especially Snyder, do stupid things like this year after year. I think RGIII will be a good player, but that is a lot to give up.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

wow. that's one of the biggest trades in the history of the league right there.

at first glace, that is a ton to give up. 2 first rounders and your 2nd this year.....but with the new rookie wage scale they won't have to pay him nearly as much as the ridiculous contracts top picks have gotten over the last decade. so if he's as good as everyone thinks, you get a top qb for cheap for 4 years.

looks like the skins will be huge players in free agency...yet again.

the browns made a late second offer to no avail.

rams should get good quick.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

at first glace, that is a ton to give up. 2 first rounders and your 2nd this year.....but with the new rookie wage scale they won't have to pay him nearly as much as the ridiculous contracts top picks have gotten over the last decade. so if he's as good as everyone thinks, you get a top qb for cheap for 4 years.

Depends on how well they use those 1ST round picks. I can't the skins but I do hope RGIII has a great career there. BTW Manning is coming down here to the 5th burough down here in Miami just watch..

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

norm wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:

Good grief! I'm an oracle for the destruction of my team! :|

Most of Indiana drank ourselves into comas last night ...

Peyton Manning R.I.P.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuj9W4w3CMDFnPBF8M7kKW8B8ePTMfsGBELR8mD1-NkGp3TagPwg

Dallas Clark R.I.P.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxtrsaA_4s2KDwkS8UV-KFk8gvBqDSRGZqMtkRut3hkGOGAZ_A

Gary Brackett R.I.P.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoqtwQFOu0ILFtyqfIe1lwBTRMevnEMY7OkwKgZH7txRf2OjfcBg

Joe Addai R.I.P.
    goodfellas6.jpg

Melvin Bullitt R.I.P.
    thumbnail.aspx?q=4827337554854816&id=dd91010dc98995eeda2a3a38aefa9fe9&index=newexp

Curtis Painter ... Well, he actually deserved it ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxzjyu36ePVhWpwPBMm-Qo8JpmgYGYzjlZ4UcvYl9TM-MtKz5Q
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Peyton Manning R.I.P.

Dallas Clark R.I.P.

Gary Brackett R.I.P.

Joe Addai R.I.P.
    goodfellas6.jpg

Melvin Bullitt R.I.P.
    thumbnail.aspx?q=4827337554854816&id=dd91010dc98995eeda2a3a38aefa9fe9&index=newexp

haha....i told you a while back peyton saw the writing on the wall about the forthcoming rebuild...

at least you guys have the best qb prospect in 30 years to look forward too. could be worse
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Can we now start calling the act of giving a shitty QB way too big of a contract as a panic move the "Sanchize Tag"?

nydn.CoverContent?newsletter=true&ctype=back&cdate=20120310&dt=landscape_315_450
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Peyton Manning R.I.P.

Dallas Clark R.I.P.

Gary Brackett R.I.P.

Joe Addai R.I.P.
    goodfellas6.jpg

Melvin Bullitt R.I.P.

that is one seriously awesome post! :clap::lol:

this trade reminds me of the hershel walker trade...so yeah, look for the rams to be competitive in a few years

haha....i told you a while back peyton saw the writing on the wall about the forthcoming rebuild...

at least you guys have the best qb prospect in 30 years to look forward too. could be worse
    It could be worse ... I guess a lugnut on a 747 could shake loose from a plane flying at 40,000 feet into S.F. and fall from the heavens and pierce the skull of Andrew Luck while his is taking his dog on a leisurely walk.

(man, i really hope my supernatural powers of destruction are not for real ... :| )
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    As an eagles fan, I absolutely love having dan snyder and mike shanahan in the nfc east. what a horrible move for the skins.
    Jason P wrote:

It could be worse ... I guess a lugnut on a 747 could shake loose from a plane flying at 40,000 feet into S.F. and fall from the heavens and pierce the skull of Andrew Luck while his is taking his dog on a leisurely walk.

(man, i really hope my supernatural powers of destruction are not for real ... :| )

yeah...i guess that would be worse :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Lord Jesus...I ask for so little. If you're up there...please make it happen:

417555_10151292908210062_594680061_22402678_1404820282_n.jpg
    It's starting to look like the baby Jesus is not a fan of the Dolphins ... and perhaps not a fan of his #1 fan in Denver either. Looks like it is down to the Broncos and Cardinals.

Larry Fitzgerald must be doing everything possible to woo Manning. That would be an interesting combo. But Denver has the cap space to bring in some of Manning's old pals.
    Jason P wrote:
    Lord Jesus...I ask for so little. If you're up there...please make it happen:

417555_10151292908210062_594680061_22402678_1404820282_n.jpg
    It's starting to look like the baby Jesus is not a fan of the Dolphins ... and perhaps not a fan of his #1 fan in Denver either. Looks like it is down to the Broncos and Cardinals.

Larry Fitzgerald must be doing everything possible to woo Manning. That would be an interesting combo. But Denver has the cap space to bring in some of Manning's old pals.

if its kevin kolb or john skelton instead, wouldn't you do everything in your power? haha

looks like he's not going to decide before free agency starts...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'm getting giddy.....waiting for mario to sign with the bears

in other news, colston reups with the saints
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    any idea what the "non-human specimen" was that the 3 broncos submitted? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Brandon Marshall to 81's Bears? I hope he doesn't "slip on a McDonald's wrapper" on the way to the airport.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Brandon Marshall to 81's Bears? I hope he doesn't "slip on a McDonald's wrapper" on the way to the airport.

Boooooooommmmm

currently meeting with mario about joining up with the team as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Boooooooommmmm

currently meeting with mario about joining up with the team as well.

That head case will be fighting with Cutler by week 6
    Heisenberg wrote:
    That head case will be fighting with Cutler by week 6

they have a pretty good history together. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Could the Fins be making a last ditch effort for Manning by dumping B-Marsh? Rumor has it Peyton was not a fan (although I doubt he would be a fan of throwing to Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Clyde Gates either).
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Could the Fins be making a last ditch effort for Manning by dumping B-Marsh? Rumor has it Peyton was not a fan (although I doubt he would be a fan of throwing to Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Clyde Gates either).

i don't see Manning going to Miami...they are rebuilding. Denver makes a lot of sense. Denver has some weapons, a solid O line and a good D. Arizona makes more sense as well. I'd see him going to TN before miami.

what's cleveland up to today?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg