The National Football League

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    by the way, doesn't arizona look like the best fit for manning? now that wayne is back with the colts especially. he already has one of the best wideouts in the game, decent running back....indoors....weak division (minus the niners).....it just seems like a better fit than miami or denver or tennessee to me

That's my feeling and as a closet Cardinal's fan that's what I'm hoping as well. :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    DS1119 wrote:
    by the way, doesn't arizona look like the best fit for manning? now that wayne is back with the colts especially. he already has one of the best wideouts in the game, decent running back....indoors....weak division (minus the niners).....it just seems like a better fit than miami or denver or tennessee to me

That's my feeling and as a closet Cardinal's fan that's what I'm hoping as well. :D

aren't you the resident bills fan around here? :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415

I think Miami's the best fit because I'm a Dolphins fan. :)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

I'm a Dolphins fan too...so I hate to break the news....but he ruled out the Fish:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack

He made the right choice cause we blow.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Bronco's & Titans being the rumored two finalist doesn't make much sense to me. Bronco's not bc of Tebow but they do not have a great receiving corp or O line nor did they grab any WR's so far in free agency.
    Titans really don't except whacko, rehabbing Kenny Britt. But what happens to Hasselbeck if Peyton signs? They cut him I suppose and keep Jake Locker as his backup / future replacement?

Agree on the Cardinals seeming like the best option. Peyton to Larry Fitz would be nasty. Looks like its not gonna happen I guess, especially being the AZ has to make a roster/$ decision on Kolb today.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    i also thought Arizona would be the best fit.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Although it would kill me to see Peyton in a Titan's jersey, I think that is the place for him. The state loves him. He is familiar with the AFC south. He has proven that he can make a 2-14 team a 10-6 team.

In Denver, he would be under more scrutiny, especially after usurping the football jesus.
  • Peyton to Denver or Tennesse, Flynn maybe to Seattle, Henne to Jacksonville, Orton to Dallas and Miami gets nobody via FA. At least Matt Moore is on the roster!Suppose then they'll hit the draft.

That organization must really have issues. Miami is a beautiful place to live and play football for milllllions.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra

I'm a Dolphins fan too...so I hate to break the news....but he ruled out the Fish:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack

He made the right choice cause we blow.

Well that certainly stinks. I guess they're going to go after Flynn a little harder now. I hope he's as good as some people think he could be--unless he signs somewhere else, in which case I hope he stinks. If they don't get Flynn I really have no idea what they'll do on offense next season. They don't have a #1 receiver and the best QB on the roster right now is Matt Moore. He was pretty good last year but I don't think he's the answer. It's going to be hard to rely on Reggie Bush running the ball if the defense knows your passing game sucks.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    San Fran is in the mix. He already worked out and took a physical for them. If the money is right and he can play, that's got to be the place he goes. They'd be stacked.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    San Fran is in the mix. He already worked out and took a physical for them. If the money is right and he can play, that's got to be the place he goes. They'd be stacked.
    Harbaugh is a control freak. I don't think they would mesh well.

If Fox was letting Tebow re-write the playbook, I think Manning will take total control of offensive responsibilities in Denver.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    assuming manning can throw the ball...whomever he signs with will let him run the offense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    all this working out for these teams, he will be too worn out to make a decision and why all the working out, they all know what he can do
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    all this working out for these teams, he will be too worn out to make a decision and why all the working out, they all know what he can do

I think Peyton wants to work out for teams before signing anywhere just to prove that he's healthy and that the video from his other workouts is really what he's capable of playing. From what I've read he's very serious about offering some sort of insurance to the team that signs him in case his neck problems continue, although I haven't seen if that means wanting very little money guaranteed so it doesn't hurt the team to cut him after the season if he's not what he used to be or if he's literally going to take out an insurance policy to cover the contract if he can't play (I'd assume it's the first one). He could have signed a deal with the Colts last offseason for guaranteed money and he'd still be there now but he felt like he couldn't do it because he wasn't sure when he'd be 100% so he signed the deal that gave the team a way out. I think it's just something he feels is the right thing to do, which is nice to see from someone of his stature who could probably get a great deal without doing all of that.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I think Peyton wants to work out for teams before signing anywhere just to prove that he's healthy and that the video from his other workouts is really what he's capable of playing. From what I've read he's very serious about offering some sort of insurance to the team that signs him in case his neck problems continue, although I haven't seen if that means wanting very little money guaranteed so it doesn't hurt the team to cut him after the season if he's not what he used to be or if he's literally going to take out an insurance policy to cover the contract if he can't play (I'd assume it's the first one). He could have signed a deal with the Colts last offseason for guaranteed money and he'd still be there now but he felt like he couldn't do it because he wasn't sure when he'd be 100% so he signed the deal that gave the team a way out. I think it's just something he feels is the right thing to do, which is nice to see from someone of his stature who could probably get a great deal without doing all of that.

that makes sense. I have always admired his work ethic and attitude. I guess I was looking at it more from the people checking him out, there's plenty of evidence of his capabilities. Proving his health would be the primary concern
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    poor larry fitzgerald :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    He should have known better then to sign with AZ anyway. It's like Cleveland but with better weather, more golf courses, and lots of lovely ladies ... other then that, just like Cleveland. :mrgreen:
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Jason P wrote:
    He should have known better then to sign with AZ anyway. It's like Cleveland but with better weather, more golf courses, and lots of lovely ladies ... other then that, just like Cleveland. :mrgreen:

:lol:
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    If I were Peyton I would sign with SF if they are pursuing him. They need WR help but with that defense and the lack of competition they should easily win the division every year. He should have told Reggie Wayne to come with him.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    so alex smith flew to miami today

thing i don't get is...peyton, if he remains healthy, has maybe 4 good years left...smith just took his team to the conference finals...why replace him for the short term?
  • norm wrote:
    so alex smith flew to miami today

thing i don't get is...peyton, if he remains healthy, has maybe 4 good years left...smith just took his team to the conference finals...why replace him for the short term?

Smith didn't take them to the conference finals, the defense and Harbaugh did. With upgrades of Moss and Manningham, the 9ers are making a very good case for Manning. Do teams really think long term anymore?
    i guess you're right...but if manning gets hit and screws up his neck again, who is the backup?
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Mario Williams :D
    My butt itches!
  • norm wrote:
    i guess you're right...but if manning gets hit and screws up his neck again, who is the backup?

Kaepernick, kid out of Nevada. He beat Boise St a few years ago.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Peyton Manning to the Broncos.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Peyton Manning to the Broncos.

pending contract....

can't say i am suprised.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    weird

peyton-manning-broncos-qb.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Surprised, thought he would go to the Titans. But, the AFC west is terrible and might be his bect chance to win. Curious to see how he will play outdoors most of the season.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I really thought the Titans were going to get him. I guess the titans and 49ers are going to have to smooth things over with their QBs now.
    :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
    davidtrios wrote:
    weird

peyton-manning-broncos-qb.jpg