The National Football League

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    My guesses for Peyton- KC or Seattle.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    sooo...where does manning go?

and i'm going to be the first to predict...Luck Sucks for indy :P

I am thinking that too, he will be a bust. It will be interesting to see where RGIII goes though.

I also saw Bears dumped Hanie
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    My guesses for Peyton- KC or Seattle.

seattle is supposedly willing to outbid anyone else. decent defense there. that would be a good fit.

heard tony dungy say this morning that he probably doesn't want to go to the skins because he would have to play eli twice a year. thought that was a little odd.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

didn't see that....

he hasn't said a peep on twitter since his stint as teh bears starting qb. poor guy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    sooo...where does manning go?

and i'm going to be the first to predict...Luck Sucks for indy :P

I am thinking that too, he will be a bust. It will be interesting to see where RGIII goes though.

I think RGIII goes to the 'Skins, I can't wait to see the ransom they give to St. Louis to move up.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Rams are sitting pretty. it might be the odd year where drafting #2 is better than drafting #1
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Going to be really weird seeing him play in a different uniform. I don't like it.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    so I am seeing these teams mentioned as possibilities for Manning:

Seattle
    Miami
    Arizona
    New York Jets
    Washington
    Kansas City
    Cleveland
    Phila.?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    so I am seeing these teams mentioned as possibilities for Manning:

Seattle
    Miami
    Arizona
    New York Jets
    Washington
    Kansas City
    Cleveland
    Phila.?

i've also seen
    Houston
    San Fran
    Denver
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I know money is a factor but health has to be #1 with Manning's choice. He's one bounty away from being dead. Washington's o-line is terrible. I'd start with teams that have a solid o-line over who just needs a QB.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the question is what version of peyton manning is some team going to pay big dollars for?
    polaris_x wrote:
    the question is what version of peyton manning is some team going to pay big dollars for?

obviously, their will be lots of doctors conversations and throwing exhibitions before any team doles out big bucks.

i think we are all assuming he is going to be at 100%
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2012
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

obviously, their will be lots of doctors conversations and throwing exhibitions before any team doles out big bucks.

Even if he's slightly less than 100%, a motivated, pissed off, and hungry Peyton Manning? Yes please...I'll take one of those (instead I'll get someone along the lines the lines of Chad Henne to back up Colt McCoy as I sit through another 4-12/5-11 season).
    I'm saying Manning to Arizona. Stud WR, decent running game (if Williams is healthy), improving defense, indoors in a weak division.
    Post edited by Heisenberg on
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    He probably won't sign for a few weeks. He will be on display like some giant freak show in a circus.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:

i heard his arm was a noodle ... will be interesting to see where he ends up as he's going to want to go to a contender ... probably play indoors ...
    the other interesting thing....Manning could be reunited with two of his Indy recievers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

i heard his arm was a noodle ... will be interesting to see where he ends up as he's going to want to go to a contender ... probably play indoors ...

i'd heard that too 6-8 weeks ago...not sure how much it has improved. obviously, a key to how much money he gets and where he goes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    the other interesting thing....Manning could be reunited with two of his Indy recievers.

There was talk that Manning and Wayne were a package deal whereever they decided to go.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I was 99.9% sure the Colts were going to cut Manning and have been mentally prepping myself for months. Still, it was shocking to finally see it in print. I guess the sliver of hope that I had was much bigger then I thought it was.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Lord Jesus...I ask for so little. If you're up there...please make it happen:

417555_10151292908210062_594680061_22402678_1404820282_n.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Pretty emotional press conference with Manning and Irsay co-hosting it. From the sound of it, they both realized they would be doing each other a disservice if Manning came back. Irsay admitted that they don't have the pieces to be a legitimate contender (ah, the next 3 years should be awesome :cry: ) and that he wants Manning to have a chance to win it all in his last few years.

It's sad to see him go. I'll admit, I teared up a few times.

I'll be drinking heavily tonight. :(
    Jason P wrote:
    Pretty emotional press conference with Manning and Irsay co-hosting it. From the sound of it, they both realized they would be doing each other a disservice if Manning came back. Irsay admitted that they don't have the pieces to be a legitimate contender (ah, the next 3 years should be awesome :cry: ) and that he wants Manning to have a chance to win it all in his last few years.

It's sad to see him go. I'll admit, I teared up a few times.

I'll be drinking heavily tonight. :(

The dude is all class, had to have been tough for Indy fans.
    I would give both my pinky fingers to see Peyton in orange and brown, but know that my cheap ass franchise wouldn't sign Cooper Manning let alone Peyton.
    81 wrote:

nah. the eagles are set at wideout. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:

The Iggles...pfffff...Peyton's not going against Eli twice a year
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

ha. yeah i posted about what dungy said about him maybe not wanting to go to the skins because of that reason. but a boatload of cash combined with a team that should ahve the talent to be able to make a deep run may entice him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

I wouldn't want to go against my younger 2 time superbowl champion and mvp brother twice a year either. Living up to that would have to be difficult.
    knowing he doesn't face his brother twice a year, would he want to face him for an NFC championship?

i'm wondering if that just eliminated all teh NFC teams?

browns odd's just skyrocketed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    he should go to whatever team has the best o-line

then again, i think he's an idiot for continuing to play with his neck problems
    81 wrote:
    browns odd's just skyrocketed.

We are going the cheaper route and signing Cooper Manning.